Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Suaimhneas posted:

God forbid that a webcomic keep running for more than a year, that's just unheard of :rolleyes:

Yeah, god forbid a webcomic end before it become an overly stretched out self referential nightmare with no pacing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Yeah, god forbid a webcomic end before it become an overly stretched out self referential nightmare with no pacing.

What you're saying is that Homestuck should have been aborted before it even began.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
john aborting homestuck is how he will defeat lord english

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Homestuck is vaguely inspired by Earthbound and Earthbound ends with a time-travel abortion. It's gonna happen.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Freak Futanari posted:

What you're saying is that Homestuck should have been aborted before it even began.

Yes, I thought this was known.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Hey, at least it's not Megatokyo.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Yes Homestuck is terrible.

Where is my update? :f5:

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I like how Itchy's already deep into a poker game even though we saw him last only a couple pages ago.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Terezie is the best. Also a shipper.

Also if she can come up with a plan to save herself, and Roxy saves HERSELF, and John obviously will be fine, we can retcon this entire buttfuck of a time line without losing anything important.

*Looks at Dirk*

ANYTHING IMPORTANT.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Terezi became Karkat neat.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996

Fat_Cow posted:

witnessing your friends die a lot will do that

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Fat_Cow posted:

Within all of us is a Karkat waiting to come out.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

Within all of us is a Karkat screaming and flailing to come out.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I am really excited to finally see some denizens but I am almost expecting the encounter to occur offscreen.

Also, i'm now wondering what will happen with Jade and Calliope once John retcons existence, if he goes back before Jade dies there conversation would never have happened. Which would be kind of lame.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Also, i'm now wondering what will happen with Jade and Calliope once John retcons existence, if he goes back before Jade dies there conversation would never have happened. Which would be kind of lame.

I'm assuming dream bubble ghostland and/or Calliope's weird voidey hiding spot probably aren't affected in the same manner by John's retcon ability that the regular-rear end Medium is.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
Are we perhaps gearing up for yet another round of characters to be introduced? :allears:

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
That update was totally worth the wait.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Terezi is a lot better after being beaten within an inch of her life. More characters should get that treatment, IMO.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
My only regret is that Current Dead Karkat will not be able to argue with Future Alternate Karkat in a closed time loop via Trollian.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

I think we're about to get a callback to Vriska asking Tavros to kill her off.

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:

Poultron posted:

Are we perhaps gearing up for yet another round of characters to be introduced? :allears:

i hope they die on the same page they're introduced this time

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Terezi is a lot better after being beaten within an inch of her life. More characters should get that treatment, IMO.

They tried but most just got beaten to death instead. It's a very delicate balance that is difficult to maintain.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Also Terezi did say she was still bleeding to death. We're not out of the dead people woods yet, people!

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
with the explicit comparison to the scratch I actually suspect this is saying all the current dead are going to stay in the dreambubbles, just like meenah and co are hanging out in the dreambubbles despite the troll ancestors (that is to say, meenah and co) bumbling about and alternia.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Akett posted:

I think we're about to get a callback to Vriska asking Tavros to kill her off.

Actually, I think you might be right. Roxy might be able to Void herself out of the timeline, but Terezi's better off dying and hoping some weird dream bubble ghost poo poo will happen to help her out of this mess. Or at the very least she might just want to be with Karkat in the afterlife for however long it lasts rather than get erased when John changes the timeline.

I wonder if John has the guts to kill Terezi, if she asks and it's the best thing for her in the situation? He's a Hope Springs Eternal type of guy but it's still a pretty steep request.

Also Terezi taking on Karkat's mantle of shoutmaster in his absence is delightful.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
Huh, on the log right now is a scrolling page named "[A6A6I2] hscroll test". It also has a ====> link leading back to this page, so it looks like we'll be heading there sometime in the near future.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Boneless Jogger posted:

Huh, on the log right now is a scrolling page named "[A6A6I2] hscroll test". It also has a ====> link leading back to this page, so it looks like we'll be heading there sometime in the near future.

Or maybe a test page accidentally got uploaded with the latest update.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Boneless Jogger posted:

If that's actually an accidental preview of some time-travel shenanigans, that'd make for an interesting moment for John to pop in and start changing poo poo, since it's right as Condy shows up and the shitstorm gets underway. A [S]Game Over Take 2 could be in the works.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

This update was great and all, but I don't approve of people encouraging John not to think. He may suck at it, but that's exactly why he needs to do more of that.

Also, I wonder why did Terezi ask him to stop as he was about to take off?

e: Also also, update art:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Or maybe a test page accidentally got uploaded with the latest update.

It got uploaded along with the pages where John first happens across the place. hscroll = horizontal scroll test.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
calling it now: they will perform shenanigans to revive Karkat, and it will almost work, but someone fucks up and they get Mituna instead

e: or cronus

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."

atomicthumbs posted:

calling it now: they will perform shenanigans to revive Karkat, and it will almost work, but someone fucks up and they get Mituna instead

Its more likely that they'd get meenah instead. She's literally the Theif of Life, and she's already said to john that she will be compelled to steal someone else's chance at resurrection due to the nature of her class, despite the fact that she actively doesn't want to come back to life and is happy as a ghost.

lmao imagine if all the living characters were dying and the one shot at resurrection was wasted on someone who didnt want to come back to life.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
They'll get Meenah, and the Final Party will at last be assembled from the Best of each session.

Edit: Beaten, sorta.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

atomicthumbs posted:

They are currently in the process of performing shenanigans to revive everyone, so this seems unnecessary.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Every single character will die and the final battle will take place entirely in dream bubbles.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

paradoxGentleman posted:

Also, I wonder why did Terezi ask him to stop as he was about to take off?
She doesn't want to be alone when she dies.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Nothing quite as romantic as telling a girl, "Hey it'd be pretty swell if you didn't cease to exist."

You're knocking it out of tbe park John.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

TEREZI: TH1S 1S FUCK1NG BRUT4L

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Blackheart posted:

TEREZI: TH1S 1S FUCK1NG BRUT4L

Homestuck fans always seem to give Terezi kind of a low, screechy voice, but now I'm picturing her voiced by Nathan Explosion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's still better if you picture it being shouted in a female version of gilbert gottfried's voice though