Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

MegaGatts posted:

I think there's a ring that rises intelligence by one and lowers constitution by 1 as random loot in the severed hand
It can be found as random loot at the snake statue next to the lizardman king in the first level on Dragon's Eye. There's an amulet that raises Int by one as random loot on the third level of the priest's tower in the Severed Hand. Both were in the original game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Speaking of points systems, I think the most broken thing about BG1/2/IWD's point system is that there's such a huge range of stat values that do nothing. I understand that classes have primary states but for there to be no difference between 7 and 14 Constitution or Dexterity (for non-thieves) is silly, particularly when the difference between 14 and 18 is huge. Makes very little sense even from a role playing perspective, let alone a game design perspective.

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

fong posted:

Speaking of points systems, I think the most broken thing about BG1/2/IWD's point system is that there's such a huge range of stat values that do nothing. I understand that classes have primary states but for there to be no difference between 7 and 14 Constitution or Dexterity (for non-thieves) is silly, particularly when the difference between 14 and 18 is huge. Makes very little sense even from a role playing perspective, let alone a game design perspective.

And the reasoning behind the whole 18/xx strength score thing is so :psyduck: it just has to be some weird legacy issue.

GuyDudeBroMan
Jun 3, 2013

by Ralp

fong posted:

This mostly has to do with the ability score system originally being designed for tabletop gaming and not video gaming. In PnP D&D the stats do lots more things than they do in videogames, since a lot of the poo poo didn't translate well into a game (like number of languages known for example). Even in PnP there were still quite a few dead zones though where like a 7 and an 11 are literally the same, but its not as bad as it is in the video games.

tl;dr 2nd edition sucks

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Also the ability system was designed for a 3d6 roll, so most of the middle range has minimal effects by design. Being inherently better or worse than average in some characteristic was supposed to be a pretty rare thing.

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

Angered & displeased, he went to the Blessed One and, on arrival, insulted & cursed him with rude, harsh words.

When this was said, the Blessed One said to him:

"Motherfucker I will -end- you"

So for IWD:EE, assuming for solid stat rolls and wisely allocated at that- I have a Sorcerer, a 2h specialized berserker, a totemic druid, a bard, an elf archer. . . I'm not sure what I'll do for the sixth? I'd like to dick around with sunsoul monk. But a gnome cleric/thief would be useful too. What do y'all recommend?

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

I would make an Illusionist/Thief for the 6th and replace the archer with a Ranger/Cleric multiclass. It seems like Illusionist/Thief has more 'synergy' than a Cleric/Thief, but I've never tried a Cleric/Thief so it might be really good (can you backstab out of sanctuary?)

However, I just started playing IWD:EE too, so take that with a grain of salt :)

My party:

Human Paladin
Human Fighter 3->Cleric dual-class
Half-Elf Fighter/Druid
Half-Elf (?) Conjurer
Gnome Illusionist/Thief
Half-Elf (?) Bard

Pivotal Lever fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Nov 16, 2014

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

Angered & displeased, he went to the Blessed One and, on arrival, insulted & cursed him with rude, harsh words.

When this was said, the Blessed One said to him:

"Motherfucker I will -end- you"

The trouble with dropping the archer is that he just rains down death. Elf archer with 18/** strength and 18 dex is typically a beastly killing machine. Illusionist/thief might be solid too, i just love the idea of a monk. :(

GuyDudeBroMan
Jun 3, 2013

by Ralp
I'm about 3/4ths the way through IWD:EE right now and so far I've only found 1 monk item the whole game (maybe 1 more for sale in a store). I know *random loot* and all, but just sayin.

You need a rogue for find and remove traps. Assassin is a pretty loving sweet kit in this game. Nothing is more satisfying than an 80hp+ backstab 1 shot. Slap some boots of speed on him and he can nearly solo entire zones by himself. Just run in, backstab, run out, restealth, repeat. It's loving great.

Honestly, you kinda lack a tank too. I might go with a sword and board paladin instead of the archer or berserker. Paladins have a ton of paladin specific dialog in IWD for some reason, and the holy sword is probably the "best weapon" in the game. The new kits make them even cooler too. The funny thing is that the Inquisitor might not actually be an over powered kit in IWD like it was in BG2, because there are FAR fewer mage battles in IWD. Undead hunter might actually be more useful (although I can't remember energy drain existing in IWD. Is it even a thing?).

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Pivotal Lever posted:

I would make an Illusionist/Thief for the 6th and replace the archer with a Ranger/Cleric multiclass. It seems like Illusionist/Thief has more 'synergy' than a Cleric/Thief, but I've never tried a Cleric/Thief so it might be really good (can you backstab out of sanctuary?)

However, I just started playing IWD:EE too, so take that with a grain of salt :)

My party:

Human Paladin
Human Fighter 3->Cleric dual-class
Half-Elf Fighter/Druid
Half-Elf (?) Conjurer
Gnome Illusionist/Thief
Half-Elf (?) Bard

IWDEE ranger/clerics don't get druid spells until they reach the proper ranger level, 9 I think, and he already has another druid, whereas Archers are hella powerful. Cleric/Thief's have great versatility too.

GuyDudeBroMan
Jun 3, 2013

by Ralp

Skwirl posted:

IWDEE ranger/clerics don't get druid spells until they reach the proper ranger level, 9 I think, and he already has another druid, whereas Archers are hella powerful. Cleric/Thief's have great versatility too.

Yeah they fixed the bug where you get all the druid spells unlocked, but ranger cleric is still pretty good. IWD shits out millions of flails and morning stars on you for some reason so its nice to always be using the 2 best drops at a time.

I know its "random loot" and all, but for some reason I always found IWD to drop long swords, axes, morning stars and flails way more than anything else. Save axes and swords for the Paladin/Warrior and get those sweat flails on your ranger/cleric.

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

Quantumfate posted:

The trouble with dropping the archer is that he just rains down death. Elf archer with 18/** strength and 18 dex is typically a beastly killing machine. Illusionist/thief might be solid too, i just love the idea of a monk. :(

I was initially going to go with an archer in my party for the raining down death factor, so maybe keep that and put a thief of some sort in the 6th slot. I just really like spells, all my dudes can cast something, heh. I've disarmed a lot of traps so far.

Also, there is a setting in the ini that makes Ranger/Clerics behave like Baldur's Gate, if anyone wants the old behavior back.

code:
'Game Options',	'Cleric Ranger Spells',	'1',
Change the 1 to 0 to enable the old behavior.

Pivotal Lever fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Nov 16, 2014

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

The Enteroctopus dofleini, also known as the giant Pacific octopus (GPO) or North Pacific giant octopus, is a large marine cephalopod belonging to the phylum Mollusca and is tripping balls.
Archers are the Inquisitor of IWDEE in terms of brokenness. IWD uses BG1 arrows meaning arrows of fire do 1d6 fire damage instead of BG2s 1d2, and acid arrows do a whopping 2d6 along with their 1d6 piercing. Just to highlight how much damage they can do take a level 9 archer. There's a bow pretty early that sets his base attacks to three, that bow has +2 damage, add in the +5 from Grandmastery, the +3 from the archer class. Now say he's using acid arrows he'd be doing 3d6 +11 damage 4 1/2 times a round at level 9. 14-29 damage per arrow, that's 56-145 damage per round at level 9. And it will get get increasingly more hilarious as he continues to level. Eventually he'll get to 10 attacks per round with improved haste and a raw damage bonus of +12 not counting the bow or arrows.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

GuyDudeBroMan posted:

I know its "random loot" and all, but for some reason I always found IWD to drop long swords, axes, morning stars and flails way more than anything else. Save axes and swords for the Paladin/Warrior and get those sweat flails on your ranger/cleric.
Indeed. Note that there's a incredibly good mace for sale in Lonelywood. I'd suggest getting two peeps in maces just for that. There are some pretty good greatswords as well, so those are quite viable if one wants to go the two-handed weapon route.

By the way, has anyone figured out what to do with The Voice of Durel Anatha? I assumed there was a quest surrounding him, but all I can do to resolve it is trash the false temple of Ilmater. Is there another way to resolve it? Also, there was talk among the deep gnomes about a final umber hulk assault after you free the gnomes in the mines, but I didn't see one happen. Has anyone experienced that and if so, do you need to do something for it?

Factor_VIII fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Nov 16, 2014

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I just finished IWD:EE today and I must say, the game got pretty trivially easy after Yxunomei. Up until then I was actually having to use spells and strategy, but from that point on either I was high enough level or the enemies got easier or something so that I just had a melee meat grinder going up front. Paladin, Fighter->Cleric dual, Fighter/Druid multi, with a Fighter/Thief using bows was enough that I only used my Bard for that song and my Sorcerer for haste or improved haste once I got it. Seriously it took me probably 20 hours to get to Yxunomei and then only about 5 or 6 hours to blow through the whole rest of the game (minus expansion).

Is this a new thing in the Enhanced Edition? I know that dual wielding messes with the balance somewhat, as does the addition of a bunch of BG2 spells. Or has IWD always had a strange difficulty curve?

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

The Enteroctopus dofleini, also known as the giant Pacific octopus (GPO) or North Pacific giant octopus, is a large marine cephalopod belonging to the phylum Mollusca and is tripping balls.

fong posted:

I just finished IWD:EE today and I must say, the game got pretty trivially easy after Yxunomei. Up until then I was actually having to use spells and strategy, but from that point on either I was high enough level or the enemies got easier or something so that I just had a melee meat grinder going up front. Paladin, Fighter->Cleric dual, Fighter/Druid multi, with a Fighter/Thief using bows was enough that I only used my Bard for that song and my Sorcerer for haste or improved haste once I got it. Seriously it took me probably 20 hours to get to Yxunomei and then only about 5 or 6 hours to blow through the whole rest of the game (minus expansion).

Is this a new thing in the Enhanced Edition? I know that dual wielding messes with the balance somewhat, as does the addition of a bunch of BG2 spells. Or has IWD always had a strange difficulty curve?

Dragon's eye to yxunomei was always the hardest part of the game imo, but the new kits, dual wielding, and spells really mess with the game balance. It's a shame, I was hoping they'd adjust the encounters to make up for the additions. Still a fun game though and I'm not upset with the purchase.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

fong posted:

I just finished IWD:EE today and I must say, the game got pretty trivially easy after Yxunomei. Up until then I was actually having to use spells and strategy, but from that point on either I was high enough level or the enemies got easier or something so that I just had a melee meat grinder going up front.
I noticed something similar in my current Fighter/Mage/Thief and Fighter/Mage/Cleric in Heart of Fury mode. Up until Yxunomei I really struggled and had to kill a few monsters and run away in order to survive. In later areas I was able to do much better. I still tended to die really fast without a wall of summons absorbing enemy attacks, but as I was able to summon more of them and could deal more damage I could go through more of the game before resting.

PS: I figured out The Voice of Durel Anatha quest. You need to speak to Nim and get him to explain that he was responsible for the war. Afterwards you report that to Durel Anatha and his soul is laid to rest. You can then take his corpse to the temple in Kuldahar.

Factor_VIII fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Nov 16, 2014

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Where is the frost giant cave? I just got to the temple of the everlasting God or something after finishing up the Vale of Shadows.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

This may be half off-topic but I'm going to try and finish NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer before I properly start a run through Icewind Dale 2, as it's so much easier to generate just one Player-Character instead of six, and I was wondering what is the best and most convenient way to set up the camera? There's a load of options but I just can't seem to get it right.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Not an infinity engine game, but similar. Does anyone have experience with Arcanum and have non-spoilery tips for character gen for a first time playthrough? or is there a better thread?

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

armoredgorilla posted:

Not an infinity engine game, but similar. Does anyone have experience with Arcanum and have non-spoilery tips for character gen for a first time playthrough? or is there a better thread?

I seemed to remember the magic was very powerful and the spell harm was very good. Invisibility was also handy at just bypassing anything annoying and boring.

bunnielab posted:

I picked up IWEE and am enjoying it but I am stuck as poo poo at the first big fight in the last crypt in the vale of shadows. I keep getting my rear end kicked and cant figure a way to draw the dudes out so I only have to fight a few at a time.

6 days old so i'm a bit late but I've just finished the crypt and I've basically been cheesing it by dragging out a handful of enemies at a time and murdering them. Cleric hold undead usually can freeze a couple of them making it even easier.

The only problem is having to rest/save everytime. Takes forever recasting everything!

hemale in pain fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Nov 16, 2014

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

hemale in pain posted:

I seemed to remember the magic was very powerful and the spell harm was very good. Invisibility was also handy at just bypassing anything annoying and boring.
Harm in real time mode activates as fast as you can click so the only thing you need to beat the game is that spell and a shitload of stamina. You can focus on other aspects of combat and utility as you wish with melee or ranged or other magic to since the entirety of the unbalanced part is that first tier spell.

The equivalent in tech is molotov cocktails which needs points in throwing and explosives. This playstyle makes you literally a hobo as you need to loot every trashcan for rags and bottles. Everything else in tech is super expensive in level up costs and material costs for barely perceptible advantages over regular equipment unless you get a rebalancing mod.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

armoredgorilla posted:

Unless you're a masochist don't play half-orc on a first play through. Some are incredibly racist against them so they won't talk to you. Beauty is kind of a dumb stat even for a diplomat, don't go bellow 6 I'd say because it makes first impressions bad. You also get a bunch of beauty boosting items/stat ups so having it low isn't that bad in the long run. Beauty can be especially ignored a lot if you go for high persuasion and charisma because you can just talk people to like you. Though one early game follower won't join you if you have sub 8 beauty so better get beauty boost early if you plan to dump beauty a bit.
Dex is really good on any build except maybe on a diplomat who isn't planning on fighting. Though theres no point on not being a mage or melee while being a diplomat so usually max dex.
Guns are terrible early on. They require PE and DEX to be good which is kind of annoying. On a melee and magic build PE is a dump stat. PE only matters in ranged combat really.
Technologist path needs some planning for a build.
Magic is OP because they basically get everything they want really easily where technology has to invest a lot more stat points into stuff.
Edit: ALSO FOR THE LOVE OF GOD USE THE UNOFFICAL PATCH.

Iretep fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Nov 16, 2014

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Inspector Gesicht posted:

This may be half off-topic but I'm going to try and finish NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer before I properly start a run through Icewind Dale 2, as it's so much easier to generate just one Player-Character instead of six, and I was wondering what is the best and most convenient way to set up the camera? There's a load of options but I just can't seem to get it right.

I prefer putting it in strategy mode and zooming out, using click-to-move to play it like an IE game

Third person action game WASD mode was a bit too clunky for me to get into since strafing is weird as hell

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

One more Arcanum question: if I want to play for story and dialogue only, is this an option? Minimal combat and just go for the adventure of it? I don't mind spamming harm if that's the only way...

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

BadAstronaut posted:

One more Arcanum question: if I want to play for story and dialogue only, is this an option? Minimal combat and just go for the adventure of it? I don't mind spamming harm if that's the only way...

Combats unavoidable. Raising your diplomacy and charisma raises how many party members you can have. Diplomats basically have a lot of companions and use them to murder stuff so having no combat stats is perfectly doable. In the first town if you have one point in diplomacy you can hire a really good melee half ogre who is good for either magic or tech parties and he mostly doesen't care if you're good or evil.

A very easy way to get through the game is to have healing and support magic and buff your companions a lot. The healing spell basically allows you to brute force some parts of the game that should be impossible for you normally.

anime tupac
Oct 25, 2010

stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it

Comstar posted:

Wait, WHAT? Can someone post them??

I'm replying a bit late but I haven't been around. Googling one of the phrases that I'd screenshotted (which was Aerie getting her fortune read) returned one result, from some website in a language I cannot possibly recognize, so this may not be totally accurate but they definitely look right.

quote:

Kveroslava: As you wish. Come and sit beside me, good <MANWOMAN>, and I shall take ahold of your hand. Close your eyes and let Kveroslava feel your aura...

[Anomen]
Kveroslava: You strive to be noble, but blackness is in your heart. Beware lest it consume all you love. Soon you shall stand on a precipice... to overcome, or drown in darkness forever.
Anomen: I... see nothing of myself in your words, woman. A waste of my coin and nothing more.

[Aerie]
Kveroslava: Such a wonderful, naive child. Do not lose that, dear girl... you are a bright gem filled with compassion. Do not become darkened by the need of others...
Aerie: Wh-what does that mean? I don't understand! I had... I had just hoped you would tell me I would fly again, someday. But I guess that's not possible, is it?

[Edwin]
Kveroslava: You are an evil, bitter man lusting for power. Guard against the unknown and mark your friends... your friends, not your allies, shall save you at the end.
Edwin: The end? The end of what?! Bah! Useless premonitions! Why do I even bother asking such unshaped talent?!

[Viconia]
Kveroslava: You are far from home, dark one. Know this: you shall return home soon. It calls you. Soon you will face a choice harder than you ever thought it could be.
Viconia: Home? I have no wish to return home, woman. If the priestesses of Lolth wish to come for me, they shall return me to the Underdark as a corpse and nothing more.

[Minsc]
Kveroslava: Your future is unclear, ranger. You are a gentle man with a will of iron. A goddess fondly looks down on you. Continue your fight against evil... it shall serve you well.
Minsc: Oooh! This is most goodness of news, is it not, Boo?!

[Valygar]
Kveroslava: Your aura is strong, ranger... but hate festers within. Conquer this to restore your life. Look to love. Find the strength within to overcome your long, long past.
Valygar: My past is not so long, and I have no love to speak of. 'Tis simple words that could apply to anyone, dear woman. Ahhh, but I shall think on them nonetheless.

[Mazzy]
Kveroslava: You seek a rare bond with your goddess, child. Virtue and honor you hold close to your heart. Cherish them, for they will protect you in the end.
Mazzy: I... see. Well spoken, gypsy woman. It is almost as if Arvoreen, herself, were perched on your shoulder...

[Keldorn]
Kveroslava: You are a man of great pride, to match your strength and honor. Banish your pride -- or lose all that is important to you! Your greatest challenge yet awaits.
Keldorn: I, for one, do not like to ponder overmuch the possibilities that the future may hold for me. But I shall heed your words, lady.

[Jaheira]
Kveroslava: You have lost someone close to you. Another world has been opened, but the price is the allegiance you hold most dear. Be wary, Harper, for all is not as you believe.
Jaheira: An excellent warning, if vague. I shall think on your words, though I doubt I shall alter my course. What will come, will come.

Personally I had Hexxat's read too, and it went:

quote:

Kveroslava: Your hand is cold... I think you have lost much in your time. You gained much recently as well, but that just makes the losses all the more acute.
Kveroslava: What you seek you will find, but be wary. You will get what you bargain for, nothing more or less, and what you bargain for may be less than you realize.
Hexxat: I'll take your words for what they're worth.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Aerie still bitching about her loving wings

anime tupac
Oct 25, 2010

stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it
Edwin has zero reaction to "You are an evil bitter man" and just wishes the fortune were more informative

e: I really, really like Saemon Havarian. So many games equate guys who are your enemies with guys who are just totally unlikeable evil twits. Saemon is funny and charming despite being a complete fucker, and I love that he repeatedly, repeatedly screws you over and always has some meandering excuse about it and it's always funny when he does.

"Aw, hell. I'll be below decks, securing the... uh... something..."

e2: hahaha "Sir, you must believe that I am totally sincere when I say CHARNAME, GET HIM"

anime tupac fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Nov 18, 2014

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
is there a sword coast strategems kind of mod for icewind dale : ee?

after playing the games since they were released including a couple of incomplete playthroughs with TUTU, I'm now replaying both Baldur's gates, lvl 4-5 party going to larswood and I'm having a lot of fun with full SCS installed. some of the fights are pretty loving brutal, like i'll lose to a single bard if I don't prepare for it. tough but fair I'd say.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Anyone have thoughts on how to do a Baldur's Gate New Game Plus kind of run? I wanted to finish up my Normal difficulty game, then ramp up to Hard or Insane for a second run, but unlike Icewind Dale EE, BGEE only seems to only export your very basic character traits (race, class, stats, profs) with no weapons or experience. My current thought is to use EE Keeper to turn on NPC exports, then import them once I have the relevant characters back into my game. But then I'd still have to go through and add all their equipment manually.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

armoredgorilla posted:

Anyone have thoughts on how to do a Baldur's Gate New Game Plus kind of run? I wanted to finish up my Normal difficulty game, then ramp up to Hard or Insane for a second run, but unlike Icewind Dale EE, BGEE only seems to only export your very basic character traits (race, class, stats, profs) with no weapons or experience. My current thought is to use EE Keeper to turn on NPC exports, then import them once I have the relevant characters back into my game. But then I'd still have to go through and add all their equipment manually.

it'd still be really easy, even with insane difficulty b/c difficulty only affects damage done, not saving throws or thaco or stuff like that so you'll still have a full party of lvl 7-8 character fighting low lvl enemies.

you should install that sword coast stratagems mod, it makes the game a lot harder while still being fair. might still be too easy, tho.

Dyna Soar fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Nov 18, 2014

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Dyna Soar posted:

it'd still be really easy, even with insane difficulty b/c difficulty only affects damage done, not saving throws or thaco or stuff like that so you'll still have a full party of lvl 7-8 character fighting low lvl enemies.

you should install that sword coast stratagems mod, it makes the game a lot harder while still being fair. might still be too easy, tho.

Aw, it's not like Heart of Fury? Boooo.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
well afaik Baldur's gate EE doesn't have a new game+, meaning that all the enemies are higher level as well. that's kind of what Baldur's gate 2 is for.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

armoredgorilla posted:

I was the opposite... I tried to play Heart of Fury mode on IWD and I quickly got fed up with it because it was just about ridiculous numbers. Orcs had 100 HP and had a +40 bonus to hit, so armour was useless. It basically came down to exploiting game mechanics rather than better strategies or just being tougher from having finished the game already, so I said bollocks to it.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
Sorry, I'm sounding like a broken record but if you want real challenge, play bg 1 & 2 all the way through with full SCS installed. You really have to use varying tactics and all available items & spells to win. Makes the game much more fun imo cos some of the battles turn more into puzzles, you have to figure out how to outsmart the game design instead of just using whatever cheesy way is the easiest.

http://www.gibberlings3.net/scs/

Dyna Soar fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Nov 18, 2014

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

armoredgorilla posted:

Install Improved Anvil v6 and play without Valygar.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

Install Improved Anvil v6 and play without Valygar.

I don't get why they couldn't just make the game more challenging without all the other extra content.

rakovsky maybe
Nov 4, 2008
Cause Improved Anvil is made by an insane person. Install SCS instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
yeah well, i haven't played a single mod with added content that didn't make me cringe or annoyed. fixpack / tweakpack / scs are pretty much the only mods that don't make the game worse in some way.