Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

quote:

The Rolling Girls

Rolling, falling, scrambling girls. For others. For themselves. Even if they're destined to be a "mob."

I read that description ten times and I still can't figure out what the gently caress. This reads like Instructions for a Fruit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Rexides posted:

I read that description ten times and I still can't figure out what the gently caress. This reads like Instructions for a Fruit.

Besides being terrible about the actual show names (Nobody speaking English is going to call Assassination Classroom "Ansatsu Kyoushitsu" except for terrible japanophiles) Anichart pulls data from the dumbest places sometimes. Here's a real description:

quote:

10 years after the Great Tokyo War, each prefectures in Japan had split up into independent nations. Each nations are ruled by a prophet called "Mosa" and an army called "Mob" as they start to compete to take over other countries. Four "Mob" girls from the Saitama clan, Nozomi, Yukina, Ai, Chiaya are ordered by their “Mosa” to travel around Japan riding their motor cycles to mediate multiple battles between nations and clans as they emerge.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Srice posted:

(Nobody speaking English is going to call Assassination Classroom "Ansatsu Kyoushitsu" except for terrible japanophiles)

People were calling Seven Deadly Sins "Nanatsu no Taizai" just a few pages ago in this thread and people are calling Parasyte "Kiseijuu" all over the place, I doubt there's going to be a shortage.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Srice posted:

Here's a real description:

I really want this to be good but I have no idea if it will be. It is by the writer for Sengoku Basara which is promising for stupid fun.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Srice posted:

Besides being terrible about the actual show names (Nobody speaking English is going to call Assassination Classroom "Ansatsu Kyoushitsu" except for terrible japanophiles) Anichart pulls data from the dumbest places sometimes. Here's a real description:

That actually sounds pretty incredible. Don't gently caress this up, Japan (they're going to gently caress it up).

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

I enjoyed Aldnoah all the way through and don't remember anything from the second half that could be described as a shitshow. :shrug:
Did you miss the part where both the male and female lead characters got killed off in the last episode? That'd be like Geass R1 ending with Lelouche and Kallen getting the axe.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
CG S1 ended with Lelouch being shot in the face.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

Polsy posted:

People were calling Seven Deadly Sins "Nanatsu no Taizai" just a few pages ago in this thread and people are calling Parasyte "Kiseijuu" all over the place, I doubt there's going to be a shortage.
The most important aspect of a title today isn't how easy it is to recall, it's how easy it is to google. Nanatsu no Taizai is a better name than Seven Deadly Sins for the same reason Parasyte is better than Parasite.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Phobophilia posted:

CG S1 ended with Lelouch being shot in the face.
Being shot at =/= being shot in the face. It was a cut to black (from memory) and you don't see him getting hit with the bullet.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Mercrom posted:

The most important aspect of a title today isn't how easy it is to recall, it's how easy it is to google. Nanatsu no Taizai is a better name than Seven Deadly Sins for the same reason Parasyte is better than Parasite.

That's not true at all the official English title is The Seven Deadly Sins.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
"the seven deadly sins" anime

Search operator are your friends.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

HiveCommander posted:

Did you miss the part where both the male and female lead characters got killed off in the last episode? That'd be like Geass R1 ending with Lelouche and Kallen getting the axe.

But that was the best part? :confused:
Also there's no way that both of them are actually dead, which is the only reason I wouldn't be totally onboard with season 2.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

But that was the best part? :confused:
Also there's no way that both of them are actually dead, which is the only reason I wouldn't be totally onboard with season 2.

The poster for season 2 has already given one answer so it's probably something you'll find out in the first episode The princess survived but is in a wheelchair now

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Srice posted:

The poster for season 2 has already given one answer so it's probably something you'll find out in the first episode The princess survived but is in a wheelchair now

Assuming, of course, that Slaine hasn't taken up taxidermy and ventriloquism.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Darth Walrus posted:

Assuming, of course, that Slaine hasn't taken up taxidermy and ventriloquism.

Currently betting on this.

Edit: There are raws floating around for the Bodacious Space Pirates movie, I hope someone subs it soon.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Nov 16, 2014

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

HiveCommander posted:

Except they didn't? As already pointed out, the princess is alive (if paralyzed), and Slaine was as much a lead male as Inaho. Even if I kinda hate him.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Sakurazuka posted:

Edit: There are raws floating around for the Bodacious Space Pirates movie, I hope someone subs it soon.
WhyNot is subbing it with an ETA or like next week or so

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

Polsy posted:

Given I bought it up, I was calling it Nanatsu since the manga places I've seen it on have it listed as that and the episodes are all labeled that as well. I've just seen it called that far more so it stuck. :shrug:

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Overlord K posted:

Given I bought it up, I was calling it Nanatsu since the manga places I've seen it on have it listed as that and the episodes are all labeled that as well. I've just seen it called that far more so it stuck. :shrug:

It's definitely something that sticks thanks to how manga sites list them. I still know people who call Attack On Titan "Shingeki no Kyojin" despite the AoT title being in the dang intro.

It's a fuckin' miracle that back in the day, FMA was somehow kept intact.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
That's because Attack on Titan is grammatically absurd.

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective
I still assume it's some sort of sci-fi show about invading a moon.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

ViggyNash posted:

Except they didn't? As already pointed out, the princess is alive (if paralyzed), and Slaine was as much a lead male as Inaho. Even if I kinda hate him.
Well yeah, all Slaine did was gently caress up everything the entire season. I didn't see any of the promo stuff though, so I didn't know they did that kind of rear end-pull considering she got shot through the right lung and then again in the head.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

HiveCommander posted:

Well yeah, all Slaine did was gently caress up everything the entire season. I didn't see any of the promo stuff though, so I didn't know they did that kind of rear end-pull considering she got shot through the right lung and then again in the head.

Headshots are less automatically lethal than many people think, as hundreds of botched suicides have amply demonstrated, and we already knew from Yuki's arm-exoskeleton that this setting has excellent medical technology.

glomkettle
Sep 24, 2013

It's less that they've necessarily killed of all the protagonists and more that I do not want to watch a show in which Slaine is the star. He's uninteresting and unpleasant to watch.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Overlord K posted:

You should read it legally. http://www.crunchyroll.com/comics/manga/the-seven-deadly-sins/volumes

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

glomkettle posted:

It's less that they've necessarily killed of all the protagonists and more that I do not want to watch a show in which Slaine is the star. He's uninteresting and unpleasant to watch.
I agree with this wholeheartedly.

Darth Walrus posted:

Headshots are less automatically lethal than many people think, as hundreds of botched suicides have amply demonstrated, and we already knew from Yuki's arm-exoskeleton that this setting has excellent medical technology.
Good point, as far as their medical tech goes, I was more focused on their 21st century defibrillator and resuscitation methods.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Phobophilia posted:

It's wasei-eigo, along with 'Fullmetal Alchemist' which means it should get the weeaboo stamp of approval

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

I haven't read it all yet, I'm only watching it. :ssh:

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Let me guess, not available in Australia (along with half of their anime)?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Phobophilia posted:

I still think it's because "Advancing Giants" would have been like 'Oh, so that's the shtick: They're gonna keep losi-- ah, jeez! Bummer stacked on top of a bummer' so they decided to use Attack on Titan so the author would know that the people at Kodansha were expecting him to, as a friend would say, "Shounen it up".

icantfindaname posted:

It's wasei-eigo, along with 'Fullmetal Alchemist' which means it should get the weeaboo stamp of approval

A younger me would consider these fighting words, but knowing how the publishing industry works a bit more in-depth nowadays, I have to agree.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

HiveCommander posted:

Let me guess, not available in Australia (along with half of their anime)?

Germany, but yeah.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

KaneTW posted:

Germany, but yeah.
I feel your pain. Lack of licensing for countries not USA really pisses me off with CR.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Excuse me, but where can I find a Tokyo Ghoul thread?

I would like to report that:

KANEKI IS ALIIIVE!!!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Koe no Katachi is getting an anime, that's going to hurt to watch. :cry:

At least the manga is finished as of this week, so there's a good chance if it being the complete story.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Grouchio posted:

Excuse me, but where can I find a Tokyo Ghoul thread?

I would like to report that:

KANEKI IS ALIIIVE!!!

in the trash with other garbage series

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

in the trash with other garbage series
So he just needs to find the threads you post in to find what he's after?

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

HiveCommander posted:

So he just needs to find the threads you post in to find what he's after?

Not even the worst posts on this forum compare to the steaming pile of refuse the Tokyo Ghoul anime is.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

KaneTW posted:

Not even the worst posts on this forum compare to the steaming pile of refuse the Tokyo Ghoul anime is.

He's not talking about the anime though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

KaneTW posted:

We have a Gate thread. Your move, dude.

• Locked thread