Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Pantsuit posted:

He hasn't shown any sort of remorse or guilt for what he has done.

Did he say that prison was a fun time and he can't wait to go back for even longer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

serious gaylord posted:

Could that be because hes innocent OP?

It's hard enough to get someone convicted for rape in this country, especially a man who can afford to hire decent lawyers. I doubt he is innocent. Unless you think the victim is lying for press attention, which would not only make you a massive wanker but also completely wrong.

sassassin posted:

Did he say that prison was a fun time and he can't wait to go back for even longer?

He should be grinning at the fact he got away with two and a half years. People go down longer for dealing weed for fucks sake.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Pantsuit posted:

It's hard enough to get someone convicted for rape in this country, especially a man who can afford to hire decent lawyers. I doubt he is innocent.

Thats your prejudice showing. He was convicted on very flimsy evidence in what is now being called by the crown prosecution service as 'a serious miscarriage of justice'. Seems he was made an example as he was arrested during that period where a footballer was getting collared every other week.

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

serious gaylord posted:

Thats your prejudice showing. He was convicted on very flimsy evidence in what is now being called by the crown prosecution service as 'a serious miscarriage of justice'. Seems he was made an example as he was arrested during that period where a footballer was getting collared every other week.

What prejudice? Prejudice against rapists? Only 18% of reported rapes (bare in mind the 'reported rapes' figure is low since rape victims generally face mistrust from the police) result in a conviction. Most rapists get away with it, basically. The fact that one has been caught and brought to justice is a good thing imo.

Pantsuit fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Nov 17, 2014

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Prejudice against people accused of rape. You are assuming they're all guilty.

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

serious gaylord posted:

Prejudice against people accused of rape. You are assuming they're all guilty.

He is guilty... He raped a woman and got two of his mates to film it. You can't get more guilty than that.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Pantsuit posted:

He is guilty... He raped a woman and got two of his mates to film it. You can't get more guilty than that.

He had sex with a woman who may or may not have been too drunk to consent. The jury decided she was too drunk to consent to him, but perfectly fine to consent to his mate 5 minutes before. Very dodgy case.

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

serious gaylord posted:

He had sex with a woman who may or may not have been too drunk to consent. The jury decided she was too drunk to consent to him, but perfectly fine to consent to his mate 5 minutes before. Very dodgy case.

If the ambiguity was there, he shouldn't have done it. Simple. The victim states that she woke up in a pool of her own piss with two guy's cum inside of her. I'm going to believer her over Ched any day.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
How sure is she that it was her own piss, and not some R Kelly scenario?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Regret makes people do nasty things.

I'm going to believe the CPS who have said a serious miscarriage of justice has happened more than a girl that allegedly tried to sell the story to a paper before going to the police.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

serious gaylord posted:

I'm going to believe the CPS who have said a serious miscarriage of justice has happened more than a girl that allegedly tried to sell the story to a paper before going to the police.

Where have they said this? I've not seen it reported anywhere

Cabal Ties
Feb 28, 2004
Yam Slacker
Didn't the court docs say she went to the police very soon after waking up?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Jose posted:

They're investigating a serious miscarriage of justice http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...ce-9804380.html

CareyB posted:

Didn't the court docs say she went to the police very soon after waking up?

It's ambiguous as to when she actually told the police, but she got the rape kit, so she at least went to the hospital within a couple days of it happening.

blue footed boobie fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Nov 17, 2014

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jose posted:

It was widely reported across the dozens of MRA forums that serious gaylord frequents

blue footed boobie posted:

They're investigating a serious miscarriage of justice http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...ce-9804380.html
lol so it's not so much that the cps are saying there had been one, more that ched evans has said there has been one and they are carrying out their duty to investigate

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

St Evan Echoes posted:

lol so it's not so much that the cps are saying there had been one, more that ched evans has said there has been one and they are carrying out their duty to investigate

Is there actually a duty to investigate? It would be extremely eyebrow raising for a court in the US to do something like this and there would at least have to be credible allegations of some pretty serious misconduct.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Is there actually a duty to investigate? It would be extremely eyebrow raising for a court in the US to do something like this and there would at least have to be credible allegations of some pretty serious misconduct.

It's in the media spotlight so they need to be seen to be doing it

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

There is no duty to investigate. They are well within their rights to tell his legal team to gently caress off and wait for them to get round to even seeing if its worth their time. That they have decided not only to investigate, but fast track it means there is something there.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Investigating was the wrong word. They are processing his application. It has been fast tracked for some reason not disclosed.

A watchdog processing an application is a far cry from the CPS saying there was a serious miscarriage of justice, in any case

Cabal Ties
Feb 28, 2004
Yam Slacker

It's ambiguous as to when she actually told the police, but she got the rape kit, so she at least went to the hospital within a couple days of it happening.

According to the crimeline link posted earlier in the thread:

"The complainant said that her next memory was waking up in the hotel room at about 11.30am. She realised that she was alone. She was naked and had urinated in the bed. She had a headache and was confused. She reported the matter to the police."

And then goes on to say about the doctors examination and suggests this all happened within quick succession of each other. If she waited a few days to tell the police or the doctors wouldn't this appear within that summary?

From her p.o.v on selling the story ... is there really much chance she recognised that this guy was a league 1 footballer when she couldn't even remember her handbag from the chippy?

I'll take the judges verdict as the correct one "When he came to pass sentence the judge said: ".... [the complainant] was in no position to form a capacity to consent to sexual intercourse, and you, when you arrived, must have realised that.""

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

St Evan Echoes posted:

Investigating was the wrong word. They are processing his application. It has been fast tracked for some reason not disclosed.

A watchdog processing an application is a far cry from the CPS saying there was a serious miscarriage of justice, in any case

There was a quote on that Independent article that has mysteriously vanished.

CareyB posted:

I'll take the judges verdict as the correct one "When he came to pass sentence the judge said: ".... [the complainant] was in no position to form a capacity to consent to sexual intercourse, and you, when you arrived, must have realised that.""

Ah yes, the same judge that was criticised for pretty much instructing the jury to find him guilty and is the basis for his appeal and most likely will result in the result being overturned.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

St Evan Echoes posted:

Probably because waiting the 2+ years it would normally take would limit his footballing career even further should it turn out he's not guilty

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

serious gaylord posted:

Why does it matter if she 'sold' (which probably means 'told a paper') her story? Even if she has, it does not change the matter of the crime.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Pantsuit posted:

He should be grinning at the fact he got away with two and a half years. People go down longer for dealing weed for fucks sake.

Two and a half years in prison for having some sloppy seconds and not even getting to cum (by his own admission). loving bargain, lads.

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Pantsuit posted:

Why does it matter if she 'sold' (which probably means 'told a paper') her story? Even if she has, it does not change the matter of the crime.

I'm afraid you can't look past facts like these in such a court case.

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

Charlotte Hornets posted:

I'm afraid you can't look past facts like these in such a court case.

Did she even sell it? This keeps being chucked around as if it is fact but I haven't seen anything to back it up.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

CareyB posted:

According to the crimeline link posted earlier in the thread:

"The complainant said that her next memory was waking up in the hotel room at about 11.30am. She realised that she was alone. She was naked and had urinated in the bed. She had a headache and was confused. She reported the matter to the police."

And then goes on to say about the doctors examination and suggests this all happened within quick succession of each other. If she waited a few days to tell the police or the doctors wouldn't this appear within that summary?

Not necessarily. The court doesn't have to summarize every item of evidence. I just thought what you quoted was a little curious because it would have been so easy to say something like "she woke up [etc] and immediately reported the matter to police." Instead they had crafted some choppy sentences that dance around that information. It doesn't necessarily mean anything, but I have used this writing device when I want to gloss over a weak point that doesn't need to be addressed.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Just in case anyone is still unsure, that isn't the crown prosecution service mentioned in that link from the independent. It's the criminal cases review commission, which is an independent body completely separate from the cps, and in no way associated with the prosecution.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Pantsuit posted:

Did she even sell it? This keeps being chucked around as if it is fact but I haven't seen anything to back it up.

I bet she did, you know how women are.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Is she into it on the vid?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-30087979

lol at these bandwagoning fuckwits. Maybe wait until Sheffield United actually offer him a contract before throwing your toys out of the pram. That way it might mean something.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

serious gaylord posted:

There is no duty to investigate. They are well within their rights to tell his legal team to gently caress off and wait for them to get round to even seeing if its worth their time. That they have decided not only to investigate, but fast track it means there is something there.

It's being investigated because it's a highly visible case which is all over the media. That's all there is to it whatever weird fantasies you have to the contrary.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

sassassin posted:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-30087979

lol at these bandwagoning fuckwits. Maybe wait until Sheffield United actually offer him a contract before throwing your toys out of the pram. That way it might mean something.

I didn't know we had patrons. Dave Berry ffs. I quite like Paul Heaton tbh, he was in with the hoolie crew back in the day, well up for a bit of rumble and tumble. Charlie Webster can gently caress off though, she wasn't so bothered when we signed Marlon King, or when she was tweeting about wanting a picture with Mike Tyson.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Wtf is a patron its the first i've heard about clubs having them

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Jose posted:

Wtf is a patron its the first i've heard about clubs having them

They're like a messiah who hasn't managed your club

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Lol his name is "Ched" of course he loving raped her

But yeah let's blame the victim instead, because gently caress women #redpill4life

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
His name is Chedwyn it means "blameless" in Welsh.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
A sheep tied to a lamppost in Cardiff, my friend, a sheep tied to a lamppost in Cardiff.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
He's a gog not a taff.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

The Mash posted:

Lol his name is "Ched" of course he loving raped her

But yeah let's blame the victim instead, because gently caress women #redpill4life

Thats your prejudice showing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

In other "Welsh soccermen behaving badly" news, Leon Jeannie, who played for Cardiff about a decade ago, is facing jail time after admitting his part in a plot to supply cocaine.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-cardiff-city-star-leon-8155469