Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

Fans posted:

That's an awfully white Bonfire Party right there.

A very bald/boneheaded one too. With what looks like a policeman or two attending. And a lot of dead-eyed gawping.

It looks a lot like a fash gathering. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.

Dolash posted:

I guess burning a traitor in effigy is a classic part of British culture, but there's something weirdly creepy about the Express guy's cheery-faced cartoon characters and their "the opposition are traitors, execute them!" comic. Like it's so easy to imagine him drawing basically the same cutesy styled cartoon for a book-burning.

I'm not sure that's supposed to be an effigy...

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the return of UK troops to Iraq – Defence secretary Michael Fallon says officers will be involved in strategic and advisory role"

Telegraph:

Obama and Republican leader pledge to work together

Independent:

Times:

Express:

France to spend €3m per year on Calais migrant centre

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on criticism of Ed Miliband's Labour party leadership – Labour leader forced to discount suggestions that mutinous backbenchers were organising to ask him to stand down" After John Heartfield.

Telegraph:

After John Lewis.

Independent:

Osborne 'expects' fuel price drop after fall in oil price

Times:

Express:

Prince Charles puts his best foot forward in Mexico

gorki
Aug 9, 2014
Somewhere out there, there is someone who looks forward to their little morning chortle at the Daily Express cartoon. Makes me wonder :geno:

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

Do you think love can bloom on bob-omb Battlefield?
Corgi's poppy isn't visible :(

Treacherous, troop hating dog

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

gorki posted:

Somewhere out there, there is someone who looks forward to their little morning chortle at the Daily Express cartoon. Makes me wonder :geno:
It's us. We are the only ones who chortle at the Daily Express cartoon. The sick croak of the damned who realize that they do not deserve to look at nice things, because they are reading a politoons thread on something awful dot com.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"First Dog on the Moon on tax avoidance – French, German and Dutch finance ministers have rounded on Luxembourg for allowing multinational companies to create complicated structures to avoid billions of dollars of tax"

Telegraph:

Ed Miliband pledges to fight election 'street by street'

Independent:

After Philippe de Champaigne.

Times:

George Osborne defends claim of halving £1.7bn EU budget surcharge

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Robert Kilroy-Silk is re-entering politics? :v:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

" A political guide to monsters and mythology - Chris Riddell on the problems stalking Ed Miliband and David Cameron"

Sunday Telegraph:

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Cloud Potato posted:

Sunday Telegraph:

A strange time to be referencing goatse.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on George Osborne and the EU bill – Scepticism greets chancellor's boast of halving EU bill to £850m as Treasury factors in automatic rebate to European Union"

Telegraph:

Berlin Wall: Thousands of balloons released to mark fall

Times:

Kinnock: Ed Miliband is not in danger as Labour leader

Express:

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

This week's If ... is looking like a winner.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Good to have If... back!

Guardian:

"First Dog on the Moon on the idea of a new cold war – Mikhail Gorbachev has warned that tensions between the US and Russia over Ukraine have put the world on the brink of a new cold war"

Telegraph:

First e-cigarette 'vaping' appear on TV

Yesterday's Independent:

Independent:

A303 improvements part of £15bn 'roads revolution'

Times:

Express:

Want to live to 120? Here’s how ....

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

In 15 years time? Yeah, I imagine so.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Theresa May and the European arrest warrant debacle – Government narrowly wins impromptu vote called by Labour after Speaker calls Tory U-turn on motion 'a sorry saga'"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

After Michelangelo.

Express:

Armistice Day: Final Tower poppy laid as UK honours fallen

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Nice to see the serial killer from Scream enjoying a day out

That Rowson one is pretty epic. Took me a while to notice Cameron tripping over the book

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the forex rigging scandal – George Osborne says proceeds from regulator's crackdown on currency market rigging will be 'used for the wider public good'" After John Heartfield.

Telegraph:

Ed Miliband: Labour 'will go forward united'; Rosetta: Waiting game after comet lander glitch

Independent:

Times:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

These two look amazing together.

Chocolate Teapot
May 8, 2009

The number of people who died for no reason is an hilarious triviality! Ha ha.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Chocolate Teapot posted:

The number of people who died for no reason is an hilarious triviality! Ha ha.
"For the last time Dave, your great grandad was shot for cowardice, so he doesn't count."

Anyone know where the 888,246 number comes from? A figure I've seen elsewhere is 956,703 so I'm wondering where the disparity has come in.

Edit: It's apparently based on the number of identified graves and names on memorials, which presumably allows for some leeway.

Kegluneq fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Nov 13, 2014

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Alex Salmond - After more than 2,700 days as Scotland's longest-serving first minister and 215 sessions at first minister's questions, outgoing SNP leader Alex Salmond parried and ducked attacks on his record with open relish"

Independent:

Ed Miliband attacks 'vested interests'

Times:

Express:

Who's on I'm a Celebrity … Get Me Out Of Here 2014

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Man I really don't like that Gromit. It's supposed to be Ed Balls, right? Not Hitler?

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

That's a nice wee article about the last FMQ. I'm going to miss the big man.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on blocking jihadis' re-entry to UK – Liberty, the civil rights group, and the Quilliam Foundation, the counter-extremism thinktank, said banning the entry of British citizens to the UK unless they agreed to specific conditions breached international citizenship laws" Also Griff Rhys Jones threatens to leave the country over Labour’s mansion tax

Yesterday's Telegraph:

Telegraph:

Russell Brand officially a negative influence on politics, according to this

Independent:

After George Sanders

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Green Party, SNP and Plaid Cymru urge TV debates rethink

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Yesterday's Observer:

"Political Gogglebox: couch critics have their say - David Simonds's take on a TV favourite"

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the G20 summit in Brisbane – Vladimir Putin quit the G20 summit in Brisbane early after enduring hours of browbeating by a succession of Western leaders urging him to drop his support for secessionists in eastern Ukraine"

Yesterday's Sunday Telegraph:

Telegraph:

Band Aid 30: X Factor unveiling for Ebola charity song

Yesterday's Independent on Sunday:

Independent:

:siren: G20's koala diplomacy: world leaders show their cuddly side – in pictures :siren:

Times:

Express:

:sun: It's wet! :supaburn:

Cloud Potato fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Nov 17, 2014

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Isn't the whole thing with Santa's sleigh that it flies through the air? Why'd he need a boat? Are we expecting sea levels to rise by some 30,000 feet?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

forkboy84 posted:

Isn't the whole thing with Santa's sleigh that it flies through the air? Why'd he need a boat? Are we expecting sea levels to rise by some 30,000 feet?

Maybe it's a flying boat. :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
That reindeer looks rough as gently caress, he could probably use the time off to recover from the bender he's been on.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Rowson redeems that bloody kaola photoshoot.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Coohoolin posted:

That's a nice wee article about the last FMQ. I'm going to miss the big man.

Don't worry, Wee Eck has no plans to shut up just yet. He's already talked about how he's donating his First Minister's pension to charity - which would be laudable, if hadn't told everyone himself - and will be moving on to heading the Westminster delegation of the SNP in the hopes of becoming Deputy Prime Minister.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the economy – David Cameron has issued a stark message that "red warning lights are flashing on the dashboard of the global economy" in the same way as when the financial crash brought the world to its knees six years ago" After Hyacinth Rigaud.

Telegraph:

Independent:

Bird flu: 'Robust action' on Yorkshire duck farm case

Times:

Express:

Romania election surprise as Klaus Iohannis wins presidency

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Jesus Christ, that last guy. I still haven't learned his name and I'm perfectly happy with that, because "that racist fucker from the Express with the lovely style" is all I ever need to remember about this guy.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Express:

Romania election surprise as Klaus Iohannis wins presidency
[/quote]

"There are enough Romanians in one place in the UK for them to be visible from space." gently caress off, you vile racist piece of poo poo.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Redeye Flight posted:

Jesus Christ, that last guy. I still haven't learned his name and I'm perfectly happy with that, because "that racist fucker from the Express with the lovely style" is all I ever need to remember about this guy.
That's Thomas, but "jesus christ that last guy" sums up his contribution to this thread pretty well. He has all the charm and talent of a sack of moist poo poo.

dadrips
Jan 8, 2010

everything you do is a balloon
College Slice
That earth is so badly drawn it looks like the Martians or whatever are just looking at a map through a porthole

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
You only need to know three features on a on a globe. England, a small potato off of England (England owns this I think), and loving Euro-foreigns stealing are jobs while claiming benefits.

If you turn the globe over you get Even Worse Foreigns (non-white (Charlie who drives the bus is okay though so I'm not racist)) and Plucky Little Aussies who have the right idea by putting them all in camps. Stop the boats.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

It's like that Spitting Image Tory Atlas of the World, except not meant as a joke. That's how Thomas really sees the world.

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

Do you think love can bloom on bob-omb Battlefield?
That must be a mirror in the distance behind the Earth because China isn't even on the same side of the planet shown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

ClownSyndrome posted:

That must be a mirror in the distance behind the Earth because China isn't even on the same side of the planet shown

You can't see it all that well when it's on the right side either.
http://www.nasa.gov/vision/space/workinginspace/great_wall.html
Although, I suppose aliens might have some sort of radar vision.

• Locked thread