Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

As someone who was disappointed with Battle of the Gods, a movie where Frieza is the main villain sounds great.

Especially if he reaches a new level of power and reclaims his title as the strongest in the universe (before retcons, anyway). :dance:

Howse it feel to have no soul at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013
Mr. Satan vs Frieza!

I really want it to be a comedy take where Frieza is outclassed by everybody, but probably they will came up with a silly explanation like he was doing push ups in hell and now is mega powerful...

Birus is back yey!

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Doesn't Krillin being bald mean it's closer to when Frieza was first beat

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

setafd posted:

Doesn't Krillin being bald mean it's closer to when Frieza was first beat

No, there's going to be a montage of Krillin digging out his old outfit and shaving his head to get ready to fight Freeza again.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
I recall an earlier blurb having Toriyama mention the movie will be "utterly funny."

An outclassed Freeza having to endure the antics everyone around him get involved in seem likely. :allears:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

SALT CURES HAM posted:

Oh neat, we're getting more of Bills and Whis too. :3:

Does anyone know why Toriyama returned to DB after like a solid 20 years, by the way? I'm not complaining, just sorta curious because it was pretty out of nowhere.

Toei probably threw a bunch of cash at him?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I just want Frieza to see Kid Trunks and get scared out of his loving mind.

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013
Freeza: I'm back and I've been training all this time so I can beat a super saiyan!

Goku: Well... There is kind like five super saiyans right now... ...some of are level 2 and 3 super saiyans... ... there is a mystic saiyan...

Freeza: ...

Goku: ...also there is this super saiyan god...

Freeza: drat

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster
I'm having difficulty imagining how this could possibly be played for anything but laughs. Like, if you shifted Yamcha and Krillin into the poster's central position I could totally see Toriyama's promise of more action coming true, I suppose. The emblem on Goku's gi must play into this. Maybe Goku is off training with Bills and Whis? But wait, that shouldn't stop him helping because instant transmission...

Unless Frieza instantly whips around uses the second wish on immortality, I can't see him posing an- Oh.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

Hobo Siege posted:

I'm having difficulty imagining how this could possibly be played for anything but laughs. Like, if you shifted Yamcha and Krillin into the poster's central position I could totally see Toriyama's promise of more action coming true, I suppose. The emblem on Goku's gi must play into this. Maybe Goku is off training with Bills and Whis? But wait, that shouldn't stop him helping because instant transmission...

Unless Frieza instantly whips around uses the second wish on immortality, I can't see him posing an- Oh.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Even if he's immortal he's still weak as poo poo compared to the heavy hitters. Or the middleweights. Or the children. Honestly if he tried like, anything uncooth, Goku'd probably IT there and just have Freeza sit in the Shame Corner.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

At first I was thinking that was a changed hair Yamcha, but given the poster positioning...I think that's Gohan, actually (The Freeza saga crew is hanging out on the right side, which is why those are picked). Now I'm all confused.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Either way I really dig the revival of Dragonball. The best part is that it's FUN again.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

Hahahaha oh man, double-checked and yes, that was actually true.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-11-17/1st-key-visual-for-2015-dragon-ball-z-film-reveals-frieza/.81112

ANN posted:

In an interview with original creator Akira Toriyama in the magazine, he says that the 'F' in the title in fact stands for "Frieza," who will be revived in the film. Toriyama noted that he thought of the title while listening to the song "F" by Band Maximum The Hormone, who he came to know personally through a friend. In fact, one of the members told him that they had been singing the song about Frieza.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk56rn9xVio

:allears:

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

StrifeHira posted:

Even if he's immortal he's still weak as poo poo compared to the heavy hitters. Or the middleweights. Or the children. Honestly if he tried like, anything uncooth, Goku'd probably IT there and just have Freeza sit in the Shame Corner.

He and Chauzu may end up as a decent fight.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Darko posted:

He and Chauzu may end up as a decent fight.

I'm gonna be the pedantic one and say Frieza could still beat up Yamcha and Chauzu. Nobody else though.

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster

Darko posted:

At first I was thinking that was a changed hair Yamcha, but given the poster positioning...I think that's Gohan, actually (The Freeza saga crew is hanging out on the right side, which is why those are picked). Now I'm all confused.

No, you're right, that's definitely... That's definitely Gohan in a tracksuit. Why is Gohan wearing a tracksuit? Gohan I know you are a father now but that does not excuse this. Not even one bit.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I'd like to see Videl beat up Frieza, actually. Just for a while.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

5 year old Pan knocks Freeza on his rear end. Make it happen.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
i wouldnt mind seeing frieza get a power up

maybe a new form :eyepop:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

HGH posted:

So is this the movie where Vegeta finally gets to be the star or is it the one after that?

Haha, Vegeta being the star of something. :allears:

Kurui Reiten posted:

Frieza beats up King Dog and becomes king of Earth.

Turns out dealing with all the world threatening events that would destroy his planet takes up too much time for him to bother being evil.

I unironically would love a movie where Frieza takes over Earth, only to get sick of all of the villains that randomly want to destroy it for some reason and just give up on the planet.

Shindragon posted:

Howse it feel to have no soul at all.

It was a build up for a new form of Goku's that ultimately lost. If I wanted that, I could just watch SSJ3 be ineffectual in the Majin Buu Arc.

Not to mention the rest of the cast proving that they only exist to get slapped around by whatever new enemy shows up.

StrifeHira posted:

I recall an earlier blurb having Toriyama mention the movie will be "utterly funny."

Oh no. They're going to make Frieza a joke again, aren't they? :smith:

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Nov 17, 2014

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I would have liked it if Freeza was actually a threat, just to bury the whole powerlevel crap.

EDIT: Goddamn auto-correct

Mordaedil fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Nov 18, 2014

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

It was a build up for a new form of Goku's that ultimately lost. If I wanted that, I could just watch SSJ3 be ineffectual in the Majin Buu Arc.

Not to mention the rest of the cast proving that they only exist to get slapped around by whatever new enemy shows up.

Oh no. They're going to make Frieza a joke again, aren't they? :smith:

Oh you are one ofthose

Yeah no. :colbert: I expect this movie to be silly as all hell and Toriyama's input with the movies are the best.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Nov 17, 2014

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Freeza's gonna get revived, Goku beats him up in like 2 seconds with his pinky, and Bills get so mad for being called out as a liar that he powers up Freeza so he's telling the truth again.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
You guys are getting so close but still missing the real plot by a mile.

Freeza comes back and gets immortality from the dragon balls.

Vegeta uses him as an eternal punching bag.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

You guys are getting so close but still missing the real plot by a mile.

Freeza comes back and gets immortality from the dragon balls.

Krillin uses him as an eternal punching bag.

FTFY

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I'm guessing the movie will be at Bulma's 39th (or 42nd) party if Bills and Whiss are there.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Shindragon posted:

Oh you are one ofthose

Yeah no. :colbert: I expect this movie to be silly as all hell and Toriyama's input with the movies are the best.

Silly is fine. I just want a good sendoff for Frieza.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Silly is fine. I just want a good sendoff for Frieza.

He got cut up by Trunks. It was a fine sendoff.

Verus
Jun 3, 2011

AUT INVENIAM VIAM AUT FACIAM
Does anybody else have to constantly remind themselves that Frieza isn't a woman? Is it just me?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

It helps if you imagine Chris Ayers' voice coming out of his mouth instead of Linda Young's.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

It helps if you imagine Chris Ayers' voice coming out of his mouth instead of Linda Young's.

Id rather not, thanks

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Verus posted:

Does anybody else have to constantly remind themselves that Frieza isn't a woman? Is it just me?

Having watching swaths of the series in Japanese, no.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It would never happen, but Krillin getting his revenge on Frieza would have me flipping out in the movie theaters in a good way. That'd be awesome.

But we all know that isn't going to happen. Oh well, a man can dream.:allears:

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012
I just watched Battle of the Gods last night and I really enjoyed it. The fights were probably my least favorite part, with the exception of Vegeta going berserk. The Bingo dance was also awesome. It was really great seeing Emperor Pilaf's gang, and Drunk Saiyaman should be its own series.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Bald Krillin might be a mistake, like SSJ Gohan in the first Battle of Gods poster. Some people are also theorizing it might take place in one of the alternate universes Beers mentioned in Battle of Gods.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Hobo Siege posted:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Theres no second wish cus ???. I'm guessing Toriyama forgot cus in Battle of Gods only one wish was granted and in the teaser for this movie he says he'll only grant one wish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VN6huexcEM

Text: The entire universe eagerly awaits
Text: Original concept, scripts, character design
Text: Akira Toriyama
Shenlong: Now, say your wish. I will grant you any one wish only.
Text: There's someone I want you to revive.
Shenlong: Your wish has been granted.
Text: The worst wish in history. Now, despair begins.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Kild posted:

Theres no second wish cus ???. I'm guessing Toriyama forgot cus in Battle of Gods only one wish was granted and in the teaser for this movie he says he'll only grant one wish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VN6huexcEM

Text: The entire universe eagerly awaits
Text: Original concept, scripts, character design
Text: Akira Toriyama
Shenlong: Now, say your wish. I will grant you any one wish only.
Text: There's someone I want you to revive.
Shenlong: Your wish has been granted.
Text: The worst wish in history. Now, despair begins.

Shenlong is sick of all this wishing bullshit. At least Porunga is treated with a little amount of respect. It's like clockwork on Earth: every goddamn year, the same bunch of assholes come around and wish for their dead friends to come back, or some stupid tree, or a pair of panties. Now they want two wishes out of him a year? gently caress that. Everybody gets one wish.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Shenlong is sick of all this wishing bullshit. At least Porunga is treated with a little amount of respect. It's like clockwork on Earth: every goddamn year, the same bunch of assholes come around and wish for their dead friends to come back, or some stupid tree, or a pair of panties. Now they want two wishes out of him a year? gently caress that. Everybody gets one wish.

I dunno, considering that the people wishing are new, I could Shenlong cutting them some slack.

Edit: That said, I can independently confirm that in the trailer, Shenlong definitely says "only one wish."

Some Numbers fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Nov 17, 2014

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

wait what the gently caress is wrong with Piccolo's hand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

setafd posted:

wait what the gently caress is wrong with Piccolo's hand

absolutely nothing?