Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
I think I might go with Far Cry 4 as my next game, never got into Dragon Age, and although GTA is tempting I have played the thing to death last-gen so might wait for it to come down in price before romping through it again in first-person.

Far Cry 4 looks fun, even though it's basically Far Cry 3.5 really, but I'm ok with that :) .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

It also looks like all three are coming out at 12 EST time which means I get them at 9PM

I used to be ambivalent about set time zone vs local time release dates. Then I moved to PEI and now nothing unlocks until 1am if I'm lucky. Looking at you, 4am Diablo 3.

See you bright and early Tuesday morning, GTA.

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

So i was a dumbass and started pre loading Gta 5 late, will it be playable before it hits 100% or is that a feature im horribly mis-remembering about the ps4?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ashtarath posted:

So i was a dumbass and started pre loading Gta 5 late, will it be playable before it hits 100% or is that a feature im horribly mis-remembering about the ps4?

If a game has launched on PS4 already, then you'll be able to play once the required files are downloaded. If you're in pre-load mode then it downloads everything and then you can play once the game unlocks.

[edit]
Also, supposedly Online Heists are going to legit be in Grand Theft Auto V finally. The first post update for the remaster version is suppose to have the mode and it will be for all console versions.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Nov 17, 2014

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

I said come in! posted:

If a game has launched on PS4 already, then you'll be able to play once the required files are downloaded. If you're in pre-load mode then it downloads everything and then you can play once the game unlocks.

yeah, I was asking because it just unlocked for me here in Australia and i still have 10 or so gigs to go on my poverty internet.
Regardless it let me in and now im watching the slowest installation screen I have ever seen, 25 minutes after beginning the installation i have gotten to 20%.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Anyone know if Amazon will be carrying the Black Friday bundles? I want to get my wife the Lego Batman one, but would like to save a few bucks/not get trampled to death if I can avoid it.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Amazon hasn't really said anything but it's entirely possible they will have an even better bundle.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
Can you already download GTA5 on US PS store? I pre-ordered the digital version from Amazon, but it looks like they send the keys at launch time and I'd really like to make sure it's ready to go asap.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Metanaut posted:

Can you already download GTA5 on US PS store? I pre-ordered the digital version from Amazon, but it looks like they send the keys at launch time and I'd really like to make sure it's ready to go asap.

It has to be registered as purchased to let you download, so I think you're stuck waiting on the key.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
What I was wondering was can I download it now, if I buy it from US PS store?

Edit : Awesome. Cancelled Amazon order.

Metanaut fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Nov 17, 2014

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
Yes you can.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Metanaut posted:

What I was wondering was can I download it now, if I buy it from US PS store?

Yes. Preloads start the Sunday before release at the latest.

Bigsteve
Dec 15, 2000

Cock It!
Ive just done that. Im UK bought it cheap on US and its downloaded ready to go at home.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Gamefly is sending me both Far Cry 4 and GTAV this week. Pretty high profile releases given that I didn't do the usual "empty the queue" system gaming.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

I was watching my girlfriend play AC:Unity yesterday, and holy poo poo, the framerate is terrible. Did they not patch out the uPlay-framerate issue yet? Or did they, and it just runs like poo poo?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Speaking of AC:U, I found a place where I could glitch out the vanish for 100 points pretty quick. I could just stand to become detected and then crouch to vanish and ended up getting 10,000+ exp in less then 5 minutes.

superh
Oct 10, 2007

Touching every treasure
I've been playing a bunch of Unity and my framerate's mostly been fine. I think I had one night where it was bad for about an hour in one area.

Game's pretty fun! :) There's a tonnnn to do, it's not good for my mild open-world "clean up an entire section of an open world game before moving on" OCD.

dirtyfrog
Apr 15, 2003

The Fantastic Fapping Frog
OK, the upgrade to 2tb went fine, incredibly easy to swap the drive over. I've gone into Library and added all my games to the download queue. If I put the ps4 into rest mode, will it carry on downloading full games, or is it just patch files that it does in standby?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

EC posted:

Gamefly is sending me both Far Cry 4 and GTAV this week. Pretty high profile releases given that I didn't do the usual "empty the queue" system gaming.

You might had turn on a option in shipping where it delays shipping any games for X days if a high profile release is in your queue. I turned that on and got Alien: Isolation and Far Cry 4 while having several other games in the queue, which a few were "Now Available".

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

dirtyfrog posted:

Ugh. Got GTA, Dragons Age and Far Cry coming tomorrow, and know there's no way I'll get all of them installed with the drive space I have free. So I'm finally going ahead with the 2tb upgrade. Not only have Sony not yet implemented hard drive transfer (so I've got to download all my games again), I can't even backup my saves to USB en masse, you're forced to do it game by game. Considering this upgrade is officially supported and not some hack, it's loving annoying that they make it so difficult.
If you're a ps+ subscriber all your saves are automatically cloud uploaded. You still have to download them one by one, but that'll save you some extra work.

e: I know this because I swapped out my drive Friday and had to do the same thing.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

SubponticatePoster posted:

If you're a ps+ subscriber all your saves are automatically cloud uploaded. You still have to download them one by one, but that'll save you some extra work.

e: I know this because I swapped out my drive Friday and had to do the same thing.
Can I just say how I hate how the PS4 cloud save limit is still only 1 GB?

I have to babysit which saves are uploaded now because they fail uploading if I don't clear out space.

dutchbstrd
Apr 28, 2004
Think for Yourself, Question Authority.

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

It also looks like all three are coming out at 12 EST time which means I get them at 9PM

No way that's great. Us PST'ers are too lucky.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
If you replace the hard drive and put the old one into a USB enclosure, will the PS4 recognize the data on it to copy off? Any idea what filesystem it uses?
Not replacing mine anytime soon, just curious.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

dutchbstrd posted:

No way that's great. Us PST'ers are too lucky.

I'm just happy that I don't have to wait until 3 in the morning anymore. Not even jealous that you guys get it early, I'm just happy that I get it at an acceptable time.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I love Uruk society:

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
They're basically the jem'hadar of the Tolkein universe. Without a leader providing structure, they are pretty useless.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
So is there no way to permanently coop with someone who also owns Far Cry 4, even if you can't do story missions? The way news sites are explaining it is confusing.

ReverendDre
Apr 1, 2006
TheOneAndOnly

JHVH-1 posted:

If you replace the hard drive and put the old one into a USB enclosure, will the PS4 recognize the data on it to copy off? Any idea what filesystem it uses?
Not replacing mine anytime soon, just curious.

exFAT, swapped out with that seagate 2TB enclosure and it reads mp3s out of it just fine

E: Don't know about game data but it seems to recognize it okay with mp3s and update files

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

blackguy32 posted:

So is there no way to permanently coop with someone who also owns Far Cry 4, even if you can't do story missions? The way news sites are explaining it is confusing.

I was under the impression that virtually anything could be done in coop including free roam but I could be wrong.

GTA V is getting some awesome reviews. I really want to see the first person stuff but with all the stuff coming out this month it's going to have to wait :(

Binding of Isaac takes up enough of my time as it is and FC4 comes out tomorrow...

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

PantsBandit posted:

I was under the impression that virtually anything could be done in coop including free roam but I could be wrong.

GTA V is getting some awesome reviews. I really want to see the first person stuff but with all the stuff coming out this month it's going to have to wait :(

Binding of Isaac takes up enough of my time as it is and FC4 comes out tomorrow...

There's gonna be tons of people streaming GTA 5 first person footage when the game comes out.

I know this because the game isn't even out yet and there are tons of people streaming GTA 5 first person footage.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

PantsBandit posted:

Most of th stories I've seen basically say you can do anything in co-op except for story missions.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

EC posted:

I sent a game back Thursday in hopes they'd get it in time for D-Day tomorrow, but it doesn't look like it worked. :( I only wanted Little Big Planet 3 though, so hopefully everyone on Gamefly got DA:I, GTAV, or FC4 instead and they're sitting on a pile of LBP3 still.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

SiKboy posted:

Most of th stories I've seen basically say you can do anything in co-op except for story missions.

Ah cool, who gives a poo poo about the FC stories anyways. Well, except Blood Dragon, if only because THAT SON OF A BITCH KILLED SPIDER.

I'm just looking forward to crashing headlong into an enemy camp while my friend leads a pack of tigers into said camp in a pied-piper-esque display of animal husbandry.

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

Anyone who's played both Destiny and COD:AW recommend one over the other?

Looking to get some shootmans going with the new system and I'll wait for Far Cry to drop in price.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
Maybe everyone is done with BF4 and more excited about the new releases, but I am late to the game and looking forward to tomorrows premium DLC release

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqDy6D9DZz8

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

They're still releasing BF4 DLC a year later? :psyboom:

Well I guess since Hardline got delayed, they want to get as much life out of 4 as they possibly can.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

JHVH-1 posted:

Maybe everyone is done with BF4 and more excited about the new releases, but I am late to the game and looking forward to tomorrows premium DLC release

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqDy6D9DZz8

I bought it back in August when I saw a bunch of us playing in parties and haven't seen any goon groups since Destiny released. I'll be playing tomorrow for sure while I wait for Inquisition to arrive from Gamefly.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

They're still releasing BF4 DLC a year later? :psyboom:

Well I guess since Hardline got delayed, they want to get as much life out of 4 as they possibly can.

Well this DLC has been planned since launch. May have gotten pushed back because of the issues launch BF4 had. But right now BF4 is pretty freaking awesome.

There's also rumors of one last DLC that will have more fan-favorite maps from BF3 or past Battlefield games, but this time completely free to anyone.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

James Woods Fan posted:

I bought it back in August when I saw a bunch of us playing in parties and haven't seen any goon groups since Destiny released. I'll be playing tomorrow for sure while I wait for Inquisition to arrive from Gamefly.

I always try to get on if I see any of my friends online. But sadly, I never see anyone playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
if the update ever finishes I will be playing again. something to take time until I can play LBP3

• Locked thread