Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Bobby The Rookie posted:

Steam thread devolves into pettiness over whether goat game is funny or not.

Yeah but Escape Goat 2 owns bones and is a serious goat game with compelling, dark content and deep things to say about the human (or goat) soul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobby The Rookie posted:

video games loving own

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Acquire Currency! posted:

video games loving own

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

video games loving own

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Bobby The Rookie posted:

Does the goat game display a proper reverence for the events of World War II? This is important.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

video games are kinda poo poo these days fwiw

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Some jeeps have mounted guns. Or checkpoint busters, as they're known.

Some of them had grenade launchers. :mmmhmm:

Edit: Freak Futanari, you poor thing. Who would change your sailor moon avatar, and why?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I would play Valkyria Goat Chronicles.

Speaking of Valkyria Chronicles again, I bought it and I'm glad it was only 20 dollars because I'm not usually into turn-based strategy type games (edit: that's not to say 'glad it was only 20 bucks' in the usual sense meaning it's bad, of course) .I don't know why I have this habit of buying games from genres I don't usually play games from. As someone who doesn't really play those kinds of games, it's pretty good, but I have a feeling it'd be better if I already played games of its type regularly. The art is nice and the goofy anime faces really don't look that silly when they're paired with the rest of the graphics.

Deakul posted:

A little bit yeah.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Deakul posted:

Says the goon who couldn't figure out Diablo 3.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Deakul posted:

bad_game.txt

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Ragequit posted:

:drat:

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
God drat, it's a real shame that Resident Evil 6 is honestly a contender for the best action game I've ever played, in terms of mechanics, but it's completely wasted on a god awful campaign that blinded everyone to its incredible potential (mercenaries mode).

The "reboot" lite RE7 is gonna double down on the classic survival horror angle and be bad, I'm predicting. I would immediately buy a game that was just a big bundle of new RE6 mercs characters and levels.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Ragequit posted:

:vince: :vince: :vince:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Ragequit posted:

I don't even know what you're referring to?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Video games are rad cuz you sit like a king on a rich, mountainous backlog filled with gems.

Ragequit posted:

how is that possible

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe

Anonymous Robot posted:

God drat, it's a real shame that Resident Evil 6 is honestly a contender for the best action game I've ever played, in terms of mechanics, but it's completely wasted on a god awful campaign that blinded everyone to its incredible potential (mercenaries mode).

The "reboot" lite RE7 is gonna double down on the classic survival horror angle and be bad, I'm predicting. I would immediately buy a game that was just a big bundle of new RE6 mercs characters and levels.

Agreed, Mercs mode is too drat fun in RE6 but the campaign was dull and generally a waste of time.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Deakul posted:

I don't even know what you're referring to?

you clearly know what he is referring to

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Anonymous Robot posted:

The how many-eth reboot will that be, anyway? Resident Evil 1 got remade like three times at this point, I think.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

I just played RE4, and going from that to RE6 mercs was quite the experience. Suddenly I was moving fast as a bullet and doing sweet john woo moves and giving Estonian rebels stone cold stunners and holy poo poo piss

Every mercs run has at least one nailbiting moment. The gameplay is so fast and streamlined (combining herbs is the big outlier here, that system doesn't fit) that it's just a nonstop adrenaline rush. Plus it all looks so stylish!

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Awesome! posted:

you clearly know what he is referring to

Being unsure about one mechanic =/= not understanding the entire game

leave me alone jerks :saddowns:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Anonymous Robot posted:

I don't think Capcom considers Revelations 2 to be a reboot, just a way to see if they can springboard a spin-off series from a surprisingly successful DS game and console port of said DS game but still keep the main non-subtitled series. That said Revelations, while I liked it well enough, was hardly a horror game anyways and had far, far more in common with Resident Evil 4-6 than it did with Resident Evil 1-CV so if they're actually trying to make a survival-horror game again based off of the first Revelations there isn't much they can actually use there. Going by how Capcom has "rebooted" some of the older franchises recently I give it <50% chance of being good if you're playing by yourself and 50% of being actually good in campaign co-op (instead of RE6's "campaign co-op is good if you have someone to make fun of it with" good).

All numbers and figures pulled directly from my rear end.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Kibayasu posted:

I don't think Capcom considers Revelations 2 to be a reboot, just a way to see if they can springboard a spin-off series from a surprisingly successful DS game and console port of said DS game but still keep the main non-subtitled series. That said Revelations, while I liked it well enough, was hardly a horror game anyways and had far, far more in common with Resident Evil 4-6 than it did with Resident Evil 1-CV so if they're actually trying to make a survival-horror game again based off of the first Revelations there isn't much they can actually use there. Going by how Capcom has "rebooted" some of the older franchises recently I give it <50% chance of being good if you're playing by yourself and 50% of being actually good in campaign co-op (instead of RE6's "campaign co-op is good if you have someone to make fun of it with" good).

All numbers and figures pulled directly from my rear end.

I was referring specifically to Resident Evil 7, actually.

SolitarySolidarity
Dec 29, 2012

Evolve. Control. Combine.

video games loving own

Except for the games you like that I don't.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
http://www.bundlestars.com/store/injustice-gods-among-us-ultimate-edition/

Injustice for 4 bux

Shock Trooper fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Nov 17, 2014

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
RE6 has some fun moves and things you can do, but it's bogged down by not only a terrible campaign, but terrible design choices as well, from both character restrictions to certain weapons. I'm playing both campaign and mercs with a very patient goon friend but we're both grumbling our way through the entire story. While we do have fun when we dip into Mercenaries, it's not exactly fulfilling, as neither of us seem to be of the score attack type.

Shock Trooper posted:

http://www.bundlestars.com/store/injustice-gods-among-us-ultimate-edition/

if you want Injustice for 4 bux you have a couple hours to get on this

It says the deal ends in 2 days and 20 hours :raise:

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

Morter posted:

It says the deal ends in 2 days and 20 hours :raise:

2 days is not 2 hours, huh. I'm not very good at reading.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Anonymous Robot posted:

I was referring specifically to Resident Evil 7, actually.

There isn't a Resident Evil 7 yet though? If you're talking about a hypothetical then Revelations 2 is another reason to believe RE7 will still be the same quasi-action shooter thing RE6 was because Capcom will say "Well we have this series for these fans and this series for those fans."

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011
Today's Daily Sale on Steam is Sakura Spirit - now's your chance to grab a copy if you were unsure before. I'm vaguely surprised that Freak Futanari hasn't mentioned it already.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Morter posted:

RE6 has some fun moves and things you can do, but it's bogged down by not only a terrible campaign, but terrible design choices as well, from both character restrictions to certain weapons. I'm playing both campaign and mercs with a very patient goon friend but we're both grumbling our way through the entire story. While we do have fun when we dip into Mercenaries, it's not exactly fulfilling, as neither of us seem to be of the score attack type.

Yeah, when poo poo gets real in Merc, I run away like a bitch. :v: poo poo you try having 5 of those leap monsters jump at you all at the same time and survive. Sometimes they even interrupt my counter which is bullshit!

Also, loving Chris campaign suuuuuuucks.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

ookiimarukochan posted:

Today's Daily Sale on Steam is Sakura Spirit - now's your chance to grab a copy if you were unsure before. I'm vaguely surprised that Freak Futanari hasn't mentioned it already.

Is it the new Bad Rats?

Phetz
Nov 7, 2008

Daddy like...
Fun Shoe
Looks like Space Rangers HD: A World Apart is also on sale today for $4.99, which is the lowest I've seen it go personally. I've never played it but I heard lots of good stuff about Space Rangers 2, which this is apparently an upgrade of. Does it hold up in 2014?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Phetz posted:

Looks like Space Rangers HD: A World Apart is also on sale today for $4.99, which is the lowest I've seen it go personally. I've never played it but I heard lots of good stuff about Space Rangers 2, which this is apparently an upgrade of. Does it hold up in 2014?

Yes. It's Great.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Crappy Jack posted:

Is it the new Bad Rats?

And why would anyone buy Bad Rats for themselves?

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

The daily deal is some anime titties game and instead you guys are only just finishing arguing about Goat Simulator again? Steam thread, you disappoint me :colbert:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

did you need us to tell you to buy the huge anime titty game or something? thought that was obvious

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

ookiimarukochan posted:

I can confirm that is an excellent game at a great price.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Phetz posted:

It's not just a remake or whatever, the developers are actively adding new stuff all the time. For free. Definitely get it.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Phetz posted:

Thanks for the heads up, I was waiting way too long for this one to go on sale.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
Goat Simulator is a ba-a-a-a-a-d game. :haw:

E: Don't waste money on Sakura Spirits, just look up the screenshots on Google like any sensible poor goon.

Jamfrost fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Nov 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Awesome! posted:

did you need us to tell you to buy the huge anime titty game with card prices so high they virtually pay for the game or something? thought that was obvious

• Locked thread