Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

MAY YOUR HALLOWEEN BE AS STUPID AS MY LIFE IS

zakharov posted:

The Tournament of Champions beginning next week has to be one of the most anticipated in awhile. You've got the returns of Julia and Arthur, along with many other strong champions. Off the top of my head, I remember Sandie and Ben being especially formidable. Here's your matchups.

Go Arthur, hail Satan, etc

Andrew and Ben had play styles really similar to Arthur Chu. My money's on the three of them for the last round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
I don't think any of those champions haven't heard about and considered Arthur's strategy and possible counters by now. I think/hope that this tournament's style of play is going to be pretty different from the norm.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Go Julia, gently caress Arthur

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Go Julia and Arthur, gently caress Sandie.

MrNonacho
May 7, 2002

It ain't easy being white
It ain't easy being brown
All this pressure to be bright
I got children all over town!
"Fleur de Lis" is not an NFL team :mad:

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Julia vs. Arthur has a clear moral outcome. Like Jennings vs. Rutter or Humanity vs. Watson.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
I missed a sports final Jeopardy. This is terrible :(

Jeopardy put together this pretty neat TOC promo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ9smGoa32g

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

jscolon2.0 posted:

Julia vs. Arthur has a clear moral outcome. Like Jennings vs. Rutter or Humanity vs. Watson.

Jennings vs. Rutter doesn't have a clear moral outcome, they're both kinda pricks.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Punch Card posted:

Jennings vs. Rutter doesn't have a clear moral outcome, they're both kinda pricks.

:confused: Haven't heard anything bad said from anyone who's met either.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

zakharov posted:

:confused: Haven't heard anything bad said from anyone who's met either.

Ken "There's nothing sadder than a hot girl in a wheelchair" Jennings is probably the only real rear end. Rutter is okay other than his silly acting/showrunning aspirations.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

I'm inclined to forgive one stupid attempt at a joke from a guy with a track record of being thoughtful and hilarious, but to each their own.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
Eh, there's more, but there's no point.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Is it just me or does anyone else feel like there's an unusual amount of dumb/"just happy to be there" players this season?

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Yeah, the intelligence level hasn't been the best so far.

rockinricky
Mar 27, 2003
Not Jeopardy! but kinda Jeopardy! related, Ken Jennings will be playing Who Wants To Be A Millionaire this coming week. I wonder if he'll get hosed over on the Ask The Audience lifeline, or win it all.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

That show is still on?

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
It's been rescued by Terry Crews, the world's greatest human.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Fun to see ToC material again. But come on, showing pictures of Dick Cheney and Silvio Berlusconi and asking who they are? This isn't kids week!

Really want a Ben/Arthur/Julia final.

apathetic JAP
Dec 28, 2011

it tastes like pink.
I really loving hate Arthur.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Hail Satan

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

apathetic JAP posted:

I really loving hate Arthur.

Arthur freaking rules

apathetic JAP
Dec 28, 2011

it tastes like pink.

zakharov posted:

Arthur freaking rules

If by "rules" you mean "is the absolute worst ever." :mad:

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Andrew annoyed the poo poo out of me WAY more than Arthur ever did when they made their initial runs so I'm glad I don't have to see him again.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

poor Julia :(

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

I can't believe how easy that Final Jeopardy was and how it played out

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Julia nooooo! I mean she could still advance as a wild card but it sucks to lose on a headslapper.

Jboarders are correctly pointing out that she should have bet 0. 16k would almost certainly be enough to advance.

zakharov fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Nov 13, 2014

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Yeah, she's a wild card lock. There won't be four higher non-winning scores.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Oh man I didn't realize Terry was in this tournament. :swoon:

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
Did anyone else's station randomly cut to final jeopardy instead of the start of double jeopardy today?

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

That game was brutal. I only got 26 right. So many triple stumpers...

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

zakharov posted:

That game was brutal. I only got 26 right. So many triple stumpers...

Yeah those questions were stupidly hard.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

So it wasn't just me either... Really low scoring game here, though I thought the Final was cake. Drew bombed out in Double, which was a shame, though there were a couple of clues that I knew that stumped everyone else which could've saved him for Final. Don't remember being annoyed with Terry's voice during the College Championship (I don't even remember the College Championship where she played), but it was kinda annoying to me yesterday.

Unfortunately, I've missed every episode of the Tournament of Champions this week save for yesterday's because of getting home late from class and other places, even though I wanted to see Arthur clean up and other champions try and unseat him. I'll probably miss tonight's too due to getting home late from a job thing pretty far off by subway. Oh well, I'll try and catch the semi-finals and finals next week, hopefully. I'll be able to use j-archive and here to determine who made it the final cut into semi-finalists, after all, once I get back.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
I think this was the first TOC game I actually enjoyed.

And thankfully Julia made it in, too.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Everyone's a winner in Friday's game! Yaaaaaayyyyyyy :bravo:

Here are the semifinal matchups courtesy of The Final Wager. If we get a Chulia showdown it'll have to be in the final.

I'm rooting for Julia but it would be kinda cool to have a college champ make it to the final. The third semi is really stacked.

Glenn_Beckett
Sep 13, 2008

When I see a 9/11 victim family on television I'm just like 'Given the existence as uttered forth in the public works of Puncher and Wattmann of a personal God quaquaqua'

apathetic JAP posted:

If by "rules" you mean "is the absolute worst ever." :mad:

He can't pronounce poo poo and it is unbelievably loving frustrating.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

New thread rule: if you don't like Arthur get out :colbert:

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

zakharov posted:

New thread rule: if you don't like Arthur get out :colbert:

I don't plan on going anywhere anytime soon!

Anyway, I guess I'll root for Julia with Joshua as my backup, having a connection to the person who ended his streak at five games and all.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
Arthur argues with Trebek. Don't argue with Trebek.

Sulphuric Sundae
Feb 10, 2006

You can't go in there.
Your father is dead.
Oh man one step closer to the Julia/Arthur/Ben matchup :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Not only did Julia win, we had a Response of the Year candidate with "What is a nude rude dude?" A good day.