Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
Is there some trick to the missions in the Master Quest map that are all "All attacks are devastating! but only for you lololol"?

Because gently caress those missions, and some even require A rank, which is even more bullshit. How are you supposed to go through a full 15 minute 1200 kill battle without getting hit AT ALL?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zertoss
Apr 29, 2009

LanceKing2200 posted:

Is there some trick to the missions in the Master Quest map that are all "All attacks are devastating! but only for you lololol"?

Because gently caress those missions, and some even require A rank, which is even more bullshit. How are you supposed to go through a full 15 minute 1200 kill battle without getting hit AT ALL?

I figured out that Wizzro makes it pretty easy since he can keep everything at arm's length and in the air. Beyond that, though, I'd love to know the answer myself.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

LanceKing2200 posted:

You don't need to get 1200 kills in those. Just rush the objectives and patiently cheese any captains you're forced into fighting.

MatteusTheCorrupt
Nov 1, 2010
Also, hits to Shieks shield doesn't count as getting hit.

RocketDarkness
Jun 3, 2008
Twilight Princess DLC info released, finally.
Twili Midna confirmed, along with the release date of November 27th, which is what I was expecting. Release on Thanksgiving weekend in NA to give Smash/PKMN a week to themselves.

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013
Midna's true form confirmed for Hyrule Warriors as a playable character; yay! Thanks for posting this.

Nintendomination my friends. Hyrule Warriors DLC. Mario Kart 8 DLC. Super Smash Bros. Amiibos! Nintendo is going to take my entire bank account :gonk:

mabels big day posted:

I'm sad it's Twilight Midna as the completely new character, but the mirror of twilight being the weapon is pretty sweet.

What do you have against Midna's true form? It had to be her or Ashei.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I'm sad it's Twilight Midna as the completely new character, but the mirror of twilight being the weapon is pretty sweet.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

quote:

In addition to Twili Midna, the Twilight Princess Pack includes new weapons, costumes and an adventure map, so if you played through the original game, they should contribute to the fun you'll have in Hyrule Warriors. (For one of the costumes, you can dress Link up as a certain familiar character from the Zelda series. It may make you say ""Wow!"" so I hope you'll look forward to it.)

Hmmmmmmm...

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Well I'm a bit disappointed that they went for her, but on the other hand that looks pretty cool so I'm sure she'll be fun.

I wonder who they're referring to dressing Link as.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
going to buy this dlc separately even though i already own the season pass

thank you omega team. this was literally all i ever wanted.

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013

Gotta be Tingle right? I can't think of anything else that would make sense. Link in a Tingle costume eh?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Aonuma's miiverse post posted:

Greetings to everyone in our The Legend of Zelda community! I'm Eiji Aonuma, the supervisor for Hyrule Warriors, and I'm happy to talk to you all again.

The second DLC pack for Hyrule Warriors, the Twilight Princess Pack, will be released soon, so today I would like to give you a sneak peek at what's inside.

The highlight of the first DLC pack, the Master Quest Pack, was being able to team Link up with Epona. This time around, there will be a new playable character - someone from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess... Who do you think it is?

Here's a hint: this character only appeared in this form at the very end of Twilight Princess.

In that game, Midna is cursed and cast out from the Twilight Realm, but now you will be able to unleash her true form as Twili Midna!

When I was developing Twilight Princess, I thought it was such a waste to let a beautiful princess like her only appear in the ending. Now Koei Tecmo Games has made my wish to see more of her come true.

Twili Midna's weapon is the Mirror of Twilight, which appeared in Twilight Princess. This mirror was destroyed at the end of that game, but it's pretty amazing in Hyrule Warriors. In fact, I can't describe in words what's so amazing about it, so I hope you'll download this DLC pack and see for yourself.

In addition to Twili Midna, the Twilight Princess Pack includes new weapons, costumes and an adventure map, so if you played through the original game, they should contribute to the fun you'll have in Hyrule Warriors. (For one of the costumes, you can dress Link up as a certain familiar character from the Zelda series. It may make you say ""Wow!"" so I hope you'll look forward to it.)

The second DLC pack for Hyrule Warriors, the Twilight Princess Pack, will be released globally on November 27!

I wonder what that Link costume is? And the fact that it's a costume means that it's one less potential playable character in the future....

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

quote:

For one of the costumes, you can dress Link up as a certain familiar character from the Zelda series. It may make you say ""Wow!"" so I hope you'll look forward to it.

...Link is getting a Tingle costume, isn't he?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

That's cool enough, I guess. I honestly couldn't think of any other character from that game I'd like to see in there.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I bet that the twilight mirror summons the spirits from Twilight Princess as parts of the stronger combos. That would be cool.

Also I'm going to be absolutely pissed if Link gets a Tingle costume, and it means for sure that Tingle is not playable.

Edit: Maybe, hopefully, the referring character is actually the Postman

mabels big day fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Nov 18, 2014

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
Maybe an ACTUAL Ravio costume?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

On the other hand I will play as Tingle Link forever.

But yeah Tingle really should be his own character :(

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I don't think it will be Tingle, because Tingle's whole thing in the first place is that he's dressed up as Link a fairy boy.

RocketDarkness
Jun 3, 2008
I would hope the more significant character costumes would be from Twilight Princess, to stay in theme. Though I have a hard time remembering most characters IN Twilight Princess, sadly.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Regy Rusty posted:

I don't think it will be Tingle, because Tingle's whole thing in the first place is that he's dressed up as Link a fairy boy.

Isn't that an argument FOR Tingle to be a costume of Link?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

RocketDarkness posted:

I would hope the more significant character costumes would be from Twilight Princess, to stay in theme. Though I have a hard time remembering most characters IN Twilight Princess, sadly.

My hopes rest upon the Postman, as he is the only one who fits the criteria of both being a recurring character, and also appearing in twilight princess.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
He's gonna be dressed as the goat herder guy and every new adventure mission will be some variation on goat herding.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
8 bit link

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'd say Tingle for the Link costume, but there's no way he won't be a character in the MM pack. The costume being Ashei would make sense given she's basically female Link in terms of being a physical, knight-like character, and it would have the wow factor of most people probably not remembering who she is. Won't get my hopes up though.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

If the costume is quite literally Tingle, but with Link's movesets, then maybe we can find something to agree on.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Maybe Link will get a Zelda costume.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The costume will actually be this guy: http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Pipit

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Watch it be Groose

Gandalf21
May 17, 2012

Aurora posted:

Watch it be Groose

This was my first thought :ohdear:

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

Colin

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Nooooo Postman! We should have a write-in campaign! (Hey!)

Still hoping Mask Salesman and Skull Kid for MM.

Writing "gently caress TINGLE" in 500 foot skywriting would be close to how I feel about what will actually happen though.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I have a comment and a question...

Comment: Holy poo poo a powered up hookshot pulls the moon out of the sky! HOLY poo poo!

Question: Is there a point in buying the DLC before I finish the vanilla game? It's going to take me a ton of time to play through the vanilla content, but if the DLC will open up new weapons for me to play with in it, I'll pay whatever Nintendo is asking.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Finish the vanilla Adventure Mode and see if you still want more. Master Quest has a lot of content, but it's not particularly good content.

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.
Considering it's Twilight Princess themed DLC, I'm going with the Hero's Shade for Link's costume. I mean, it's technically Link, just super dead

Also, bring on more waifus :jerkbag:

A Frosty Witch fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Nov 18, 2014

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!
I have resigned myself to disappointment that the costume isn't going to be based on Fyer. :(

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Bruceski posted:

Maybe Link will get a Zelda costume.

It's just gonna be Link in a mascot-like Malo costume with a big ad for his shop plastered across the back.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

larchesdanrew posted:

Considering it's Twilight Princess themed DLC, I'm going with the Hero's Shade for Link's costume. I mean, it's technically Link, just super dead

This 100x - makes perfect sense

Jeedy Jay
Nov 8, 2012

Spectacle Rock posted:

What do you have against Midna's true form? It had to be her or Ashei.

Honestly, Ashei just seems like an Impa variant, to me. You could probably make a whole series of costumes from those adventurers you meet at that tavern.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Wildtortilla posted:

Question: Is there a point in buying the DLC before I finish the vanilla game? It's going to take me a ton of time to play through the vanilla content, but if the DLC will open up new weapons for me to play with in it, I'll pay whatever Nintendo is asking.

There's some 8 bit weapons for characters. Those 8 bit weapons have the same stats as the level 3 weapon so if you cannot reach them in the vanilla content then your prayers are answered in the master quest. For example I can't get to Sheiks because I can't A-rank the Ganon level I have to play to reach it but doing it on the master quest was quite easy!

Incidentally giving Sheik a damage shield and nobody else in a game like this is so utterly crazy. I never play as any other character unless I'm forced to, she's just too good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BleiddWhitefalcon
Jul 30, 2014
So I just grabbed this game. What basic things should I know that the game doesn't explain? (there's always something. ALWAYS) And any good tips and/or tricks would be appreciated as well. Thanks much!

• Locked thread