Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
snodig
Oct 5, 2014
Spend 30 thousand modifying the look my car only to continue driving in first person mode.

I created my online dude but I got disconnected twice right after I joined so holding out on that until tomorrow. Game runs great, but I noticed some weird stuttering in first person mode when there's forced walking scenes in singleplayer. Other than that I haven't noticed a framedrop yet. Cops seem...milder?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

If you buy the LS Customs out in the boonies as Franklin he can mod any car for free.

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today
I know you can transfer your online character and progression from PS3, but what about your progress on the R* Social Club? If you 100% the game on PS3, what happens when you pop in your 0% PS4 copy? I'd love to be able to reset it back to 0% but keep my online character (especially my sweet license plate TOMHANKS)

EDIT: To clarify, I'm talking about the story mode progress displayed on the R* Social Club.

Macintosh HD fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Nov 18, 2014

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
Story does not transfer, only the online characters.

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today

Scyron posted:

Story does not transfer, only the online characters.

Does that mean that when I pop in the PS4 copy, my story mode progress is reset to 0 on the R* website?

EDIT: I found some discussion boards discussing this. It looks like the social club only shows the stats from your most recent save file. So, starting a new game on PS4 should reset the stats.

Macintosh HD fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Nov 18, 2014

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Macintosh HD posted:

I know you can transfer your online character and progression from PS3, but what about your progress on the R* Social Club? If you 100% the game on PS3, what happens when you pop in your 0% PS4 copy? I'd love to be able to reset it back to 0% but keep my online character (especially my sweet license plate TOMHANKS)

EDIT: To clarify, I'm talking about the story mode progress displayed on the R* Social Club.

There should be a little thing in the top right to change system the social club site's showing stats from, not sure if that works for singleplayer stuff though.

Oh, and if you guys were curious, the button to quick-throw grenades is d-pad left while aiming, or swiping up on the PS4 touch thingy.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:

Macintosh HD posted:

Does that mean that when I pop in the PS4 copy, my story mode progress is reset to 0 on the R* website?

EDIT: I found some discussion boards discussing this. It looks like the social club only shows the stats from your most recent save file. So, starting a new game on PS4 should reset the stats.

That should be correct, if my previous experience with having to run a fresh new save file for online, back when there was a terrible cellphone bug, that would carry over into gtao if the SP save had it. (ps3)

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Fayez Butts posted:

If you buy the LS Customs out in the boonies as Franklin he can mod any car for free.
why is it out in the boonies anyway

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Top Hats Monthly posted:

why is it out in the boonies anyway

To inconvenience the player as much as possible.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Macintosh HD posted:

In the upper right of your profile when looking at your GTA V/GTAO stats it says your console. It defaults to the last one you registered or looked at so when I look at the page it says PS3 there. Click on the word PS# (or Xbox 360) and you will get a drop down and select other valid consoles. In a nutshell it tracks progress separately for each each console.

Your stats do not reset. PS3 stats are always there as PS3 stats and you have a different page for PS4 stats and progress.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Three minutes until we get to look at another loading screen!

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

It is time.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

God drat, it's just gonna run, just like that.. amazing

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!

ethanol posted:

God drat, it's just gonna run, just like that.. amazing

If by run you mean stall at 10% installing, then, yes. Amazing.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Lame, I figured the digital version would already be "installed".

Well I got at least 35+ minutes until I can actually play then.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Lame

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I'm playing it right now :confused:

This looks really good

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Chiming in with the rest of the "boy I can't wait for early 2015" crew (because I don't have an xbone or ps4), but I'm also chiming in with the "I am so god drat sick of people saying the phrase 'pc master race' unironically" crew. Every time there is a staggered video game release there will inevitably be a horde of people that waddle out of 4chan to jerk off about how their chosen video game platform is the best one, as if it even matters. That horde has already hit neogaf because it's a shithole so hopefully it doesn't come in here too hard.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
A bit lame that the in-car rear view mirrors don't properly work. View when you're on the bikes is too low too. Half of your screen is taken up by it.
Transferring my Online account over, can't play Online until it's done.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

God first person shooting feels so good

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

My install took all of two or three minutes with the hybrid hdd I installed. Game looks beautiful.

smug forum asshole
Jan 15, 2005
Game doesn't unlock for another 1hr40min on PS4 in the US? :(

edit: is it just my PS4?

smug forum asshole fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Nov 18, 2014

Toolband
May 28, 2003

Year of the Tiger....probably not but hey we started 2-0

smug forum rear end in a top hat posted:

you on mountain time?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

framerate is looking great on the bone.

smug forum asshole
Jan 15, 2005

Toolband posted:

you on mountain time?

eastern time :(

Toolband
May 28, 2003

Year of the Tiger....probably not but hey we started 2-0

Yeah all I was getting was it telling me to pre order then no option to buy. So I went and bought a digital code from amazon cause hey, no tax. They dont send out codes until midnight pacific time :(

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
There is a cat it me meowed at me
:catstare:

smug forum asshole
Jan 15, 2005

Toolband posted:

Yeah all I was getting was it telling me to pre order then no option to buy. So I went and bought a digital code from amazon cause hey, no tax. They dont send out codes until midnight pacific time :(

bummer. well, at least I have someone to commiserate with!

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo posted:

There is a cat it me meowed at me
:catstare:

Is there an option to make the kitties invulnerable because if not, as soon as the PC version is out that'll be the first thing I'll want to mod in :cry:

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Wow gently caress. someone has already gotten the 100% game completion trophy.

Still no plat.

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.

Scyron posted:

Wow gently caress. someone has already gotten the 100% game completion trophy.

Still no plat.

lolwut

installing...

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Anyone able to actually transfer their poo poo? The support site is garbage and just tells me to do what already is not working.

modern villian
May 4, 2009

smug forum rear end in a top hat posted:

edit: is it just my PS4?

Me as well, some people on Reddit and the GTA forums are reporting it as well. Put in a support ticket, but they just asked me to restart the PS4. I'm really pissed off about it, but it is just a game...what is wrong with me

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Transferred my character without any real issue. I might be missing a few clothing items and maybe a lovely car or two, but my house, most of my garage, all my cash/skills/guns, all copied over without issue.

I am not ruling out I lose it all later on, of course. But for now, Gomeshi rollin' hard.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Do girls still have grandma tits in online?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Reverse Centaur posted:

Do girls still have grandma tits in online?

I was also interested in if they updated the models any. Women not looking like men/monkey hybrids would be a good reason to make a new online character, I guess.

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

Am i missing something about character transfer? Do i have to start creating a new character for the prompt to come up because i haven't seen anything so far and my accounts are linked on the social club.

Edit: seems like there are issues transferring for people that haven't played since 2013, hopefully that gets sorted out soon then.

Ashtarath fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Nov 18, 2014

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Ashtarath posted:

Am i missing something about character transfer? Do i have to start creating a new character for the prompt to come up because i haven't seen anything so far and my accounts are linked on the social club.

Edit: seems like there are issues transferring for people that haven't played since 2013, hopefully that gets sorted out soon then.

lol it is hilarious how bad every developer actually is

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

like if i made a car and the first 200,000 vehicles only worked half the time i would be literally sued into oblivion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

WoodrowSkillson posted:

like if i made a car and the first 200,000 vehicles only worked half the time i would be literally sued into oblivion

This is the stupidest loving analogy and you should be ashamed of yourself for posting it.

• Locked thread