Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Go RV! posted:

I have a good feeling about blood orc aggro in set 2.

I'm brewing up a deck built around 2+-for-1 troops (the Darkspires, the new cycle of troops that turn into set 1 actions in hand when they die, etc), Hideous Conversion, the new set 2 constant that lets you sacrifice a troop to ping, and Army of the Arcane Cinder. It'll probably just be jank, but I bet it'll be fun jank in PvE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

Alt arts have me excited as does a final release date, but I'm really excited for the Crustwalker as he's absolutely perfect for the deck I'm getting increasingly excited about playing in set 2.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
There's a lot of good ideas coming out of the set 2 spoilers. A new set is what this game needed to bring it out of the doldrums.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
With Set 2 coming out in the middle of the week I'm not sure how I'm going to cope with all the drafting and getting up for work in the morning, but I'll try anyway :allears:

As the kind of person who has gotta catch em all I think those AA cards are great, I look forward to finding out what the collector tier AA cards are as well, and yes this dwarf is fuckin sick

Edit: "Draft and Sealed queues are all Shattered Destiny booster packs for the release celebration weekend in order to give players more new content"

Also if they keep to their schedule (don't laugh, it could happen) then that means the person who way back in August guessed closest to the actual release date for my Terrible Prize would be Captain Capitalism who guessed November 11th! only 21 days off the mark (compared to 35 days for the next-closest), congrats - you've won yourself 17 copies of the Ashahsa mercenary! The lucky door prize goes to Gross Dude - a playset of the AA Windbourne Acolyte!

Grim fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Nov 14, 2014

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

I think the only thing more infuriating than playing against a hideously slow player is losing to them with seconds left on the clock. EDIT: Oh well, that draft was quite profitable anyway. Got 2 of my packs back plus a spare Ancestor's Chosen, Argus, and Relentless Corruption to sell.

Awesome. I really hope my free draft tickets work for those.

Zurai fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Nov 15, 2014

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

Grim posted:

With Set 2 coming out in the middle of the week I'm not sure how I'm going to cope with all the drafting and getting up for work in the morning, but I'll try anyway :allears:

As the kind of person who has gotta catch em all I think those AA cards are great, I look forward to finding out what the collector tier AA cards are as well, and yes this dwarf is fuckin sick

Edit: "Draft and Sealed queues are all Shattered Destiny booster packs for the release celebration weekend in order to give players more new content"

Also if they keep to their schedule (don't laugh, it could happen) then that means the person who way back in August guessed closest to the actual release date for my Terrible Prize would be Captain Capitalism who guessed November 11th! only 21 days off the mark (compared to 35 days for the next-closest), congrats - you've won yourself 17 copies of the Ashahsa mercenary! The lucky door prize goes to Gross Dude - a playset of the AA Windbourne Acolyte!

Finally, everything is going my way!

I'm so glad to have a release date, I've been looking through the spoilers so far, and it's always great to have some new cards to play with.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Zurai posted:

Awesome. I really hope my free draft tickets work for those.

Yeah, I'm right there with you.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
They updated the announcement to include Prize Payouts for Second Set Celebration Weekend

quote:

Shattered Destiny Release Celebration Tournaments
The Release Celebration is 3 days long.

Release Celebration Competitive Draft Queue Rewards
Players: 8
Entry fee: 700plat or 3xSet 2 Boosters + 100 plat
Prizes:
1st = 5xSet 2 Boosters, Filk Ape AA Card, Darkspire Punisher AA Card
2nd = 3xSet 2 Boosters, Darkspire Punisher AA Card
3rd/4th = 2xSet 2 Booster, Darkspire Punisher AA Card
5th-8th = Darkspire Punisher AA Card
Gold (single elim tournaments gold is standardized: see above)
Format: Single elim.

Release Celebration Draft Queue Rewards
Entry fee: 700plat 3xSet 2 Boosters + 100 plat
Prizes:
3 wins = 3xSet 2 Boosters, Filk Ape AA Card, Darkspire Punisher AA Card, 20,000 gold
2 wins = 2xSet 2 Boosters, Darkspire Punisher AA Card, 12,000 gold
1 wins = 1xSet 2 Boosters, Darkspire Punisher AA Card, 5000 gold
0 wins = 0 packs, Darkspire Punisher AA Card, 5000 gold
Format: Swiss

Sealed Queue Second Set Celebration Rewards
Entry fee: 1,400 plat or 6xSet 2 Boosters + 200 plat
Prizes:
3 wins = 6xSet 2 Boosters, Filk Ape AA Card, Darkspire Punisher AA Card, 40,000 gold
2 wins = 4xSet 2 Boosters, Darkspire Punisher AA Card, 24,000 gold
1 wins = 2xSet 2 Boosters, Darkspire Punisher AA Card, 10,000 gold
0 wins = 0 packs, Darkspire Punisher AA Card, 10,000 gold
Format: Swiss

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Wow, the Sealed payout is terrible.

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!
Yeah, there's no reason to play anything but comp draft, especially if you want to maximize your Filk Apes per time spent, since losing one game puts you out of the running for it in swiss as well. Kinda wish they did the sealed as 128-man scheduled queues with the VIP payout of 2/1/1/0/0 AA cards.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Some Numbers posted:

Wow, the Sealed payout is terrible.

It always has been. At least this time there's AA cards which could be worth the 200 plat? Otherwise you've previously just been playing for a chance to turn 200 plat into 40k gold which is probably worse than the regular rate now that gold is more plentiful.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Minotaur Mercenary just won me a draft game :smug:

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Your opponent played it and it switched over to your side?

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Grim posted:

when I played a quadstack of them the game that he flipped to my opponents side twice went tits up but the other games I won because 4/3s are really good on turn 2 :D

I would never play it in constructed and I wouldn't want to seriously draft them either, but they are fun as hell.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Grim posted:

Nope! It actually won me both games in a match by coming in as a ruby (relevant because of Hellhound) 4/3 for 2. Like Sigma said it's not something I'd ever rely on but when it works it's fun as hell and I didn't have any other cheap troops for my low curve aggro deck.

EDIT: Lost in the finals to a W/S fliers deck (Feather Drifting Downriver), which was to be expected since the only fliers I even had access to were two Zombie Vultures. I didn't even expect to make it past round 1 though so getting my packs back was a victory. My deck was basically Zoltog, Throat Cutter, Mazat Ranger, a few removal cards, and a ton of filler.

Zurai fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Nov 15, 2014

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Ask me about delicious soy products.
I can't believe this. I just managed to draft 4 repels.

Then some dude passed me a volcannon on pass 3 or 4.

I'm just... so happy.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Afgad posted:

I can't believe this. I just managed to draft 4 repels.

Then some dude passed me a volcannon on pass 3 or 4.

I'm just... so happy.

Watch, match one you'll be against a guy with a Master Theorycrafter and won't draw your Volcannon in time either game. EDIT: Or the guy with the W/D deck with tons of spellshield dudes, Solitary Confinement, and mainboard Nature Reigns.

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Zurai posted:

Watch, match one you'll be against a guy with a Master Theorycrafter and won't draw your Volcannon in time either game. EDIT: Or the guy with the W/D deck with tons of spellshield dudes, Solitary Confinement, and mainboard Nature Reigns.

Got matched vs. a dwarf with his own volcannon and so he never attacks with anything.

sigh.

Edit: Literally over half my deck is flying troops thanks to my Ancestors Chosen and the several fliers I originally had.

I can't draw any of them and he does 2 damage to me with a mystic of the tranquil dream until I die.

I jinxed myself.

Afgad fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Nov 15, 2014

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Afgad posted:

Got matched vs. a dwarf with his own volcannon and so he never attacks with anything.

sigh.

Edit: Literally over half my deck is flying troops thanks to my Ancestors Chosen and the several fliers I originally had.

I can't draw any of them and he does 2 damage to me with a mystic of the tranquil dream until I die.

I jinxed myself.

Yeah, every time I feel confident that my deck is great, I wash out, and every time I think my deck is awful I end up getting to the finals.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Just won a competitive draft tournament with a janky-as-hell mill deck. I drafted a High Tomb Lord first pick second pack, had four Inquisitions, a couple of Spawn of Othyugs, a Twisted Fate, etc. The Tomb Lord was unsurprisingly the star performer; funniest combo was the time that Twisted Fate countered a Captain of the Dragon Guard by milling the replaced card; best overall card though was probably the stack of Inquisitions, just because they let me turn my opponent's mildly poor hands into mana-flood hands, or conversely force mana screw by taking out all their low-cost cards.

Only loss was against a rabbit deck in the first round, but then I swapped in a Sorrow and that won the remaining matches.

Final match was against a deck that *should* have beaten me, a Zared Venomscorn orc deck with throat cutters, but I got lucky in the first game and was able to put Blood Aura on the tomb lord then draw Pact of Pain, and the second game he had a bad draw and I got significant early card advantage from the Inquisitions.

eatenmyeyes
Mar 29, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Grim posted:

They updated the announcement to include Prize Payouts for Second Set Celebration Weekend

Can weekly draft vouchers be used to enter these?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Just won my first round in scheduled sealed. I'm not sure I can 4-0, but my deck is really really good.

Edit: Round 2, game 3, my opponent resolved a Volcannon. I was at 23, he was at 2. I lost.

Some Numbers fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Nov 16, 2014

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Over the past two weeks have we really only seen a single Hexagoon tournament match?

What's going on guys? Just happen to be missing each other?

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
I was wondering about that too, I thought they were just PMing you so I was waiting for further notice.

I made third place in the Budget Cup. Blood removal wiped my shinhare hard - extinction on first game, mass-sorrows on next, and you just can't build back up after that happens. I talked to a few other participants and they all said that was the deck they were most afraid of. I hope set 2 comes out with some counters to mass-removal that haven't been spoiled yet, and that tunneling troops don't get subjected to extinction.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Afgad posted:

Over the past two weeks have we really only seen a single Hexagoon tournament match?

What's going on guys? Just happen to be missing each other?

I have not heard anything from my opponent and I forgot to let you know.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

MrBims posted:

I hope set 2 comes out with some counters to mass-removal that haven't been spoiled yet, and that tunneling troops don't get subjected to extinction.

Pretty sure tunneled troops aren't in play. It's basically Suspend from Magic except with more interaction and they aren't cast when the timer's up, they just straight up enter play. Actually they aren't cast at either end, so tunneling troops completely dodge interrupts.

As for counters to mass-removal in B/W, there's a couple we know about. Minions of Yazukan tunnel themselves for 2 turns when killed and come back at +1 attack, and Wrathwood Master Moss returns as a Mossling that can re-form into Master Moss by hitting the opponent. They're both soft to Inquisitor, though Filk Ape fixes that.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
me and planedriver have been exchanging pm's but never cross times. :shrug:

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

Zurai posted:

Pretty sure tunneled troops aren't in play. It's basically Suspend from Magic except with more interaction and they aren't cast when the timer's up, they just straight up enter play. Actually they aren't cast at either end, so tunneling troops completely dodge interrupts.

When they were introducing the mechanic, it looked like they go on the stack when you first Tunnel them, so your opponent can counter them blind if that's true.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
From the official forums;

quote:

quote:

Chark, since you're reading this thread, can you please confirm whether or not draft tickets will be valid for the release weekend queues? It would be nice to know ahead of time
Yeah, these are draft queues like any other, so our intent is to allow you to use draft tickets as a method to enter the draft. The weekend is supposed to be an awesome celebration of set 2. Why would we ruin that experience for a) Either our hardest-of-core fans or b) Those who were affected by a bug in our game?

quote:

And along those lines... will we be getting our Set 2 kickstarter packs on Tuesday (or at least before the weekend)?
Our plan is to drop the KS set 2 packs right after the patch on Tuesday

So yes we can use our weekly / purple draft tickets, and also we should get our Kickstarter packs on the day of :)

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Awesome, and a great attitude about it. I gotta say, regardless of all the delays and bugs and such, Cryptozoic clearly love their game and their customers. It's refreshing and gratifying.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

My weekend is officially spoken for. I will be grinding all of the drafts.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Between kickstarter rewards and bugs I've got 50 set 2 drafts lined up :fap:. I'm also going to try to cash out some plat from the game so I'm going to be selling about 200 set 2 boosters at a deep discount, I'll post more info about it a few days before set 2 to see if anyone is interested.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
You've just gotta make sure each draft lasts no longer than 1 hour 26 minutes and play all 3 "celebration" days to maximize your Set 2 value!

Australian internet upload speeds suck so I won't be streaming or anything that weekend but it would be cool to chat with some fools while we're all hyped up - I remember there was an IRC server?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

katkillad2 posted:

Between kickstarter rewards and bugs I've got 50 set 2 drafts lined up :fap:. I'm also going to try to cash out some plat from the game so I'm going to be selling about 200 set 2 boosters at a deep discount, I'll post more info about it a few days before set 2 to see if anyone is interested.

:stare: TWO HUNDRED set 2 packs?!

I may buy some packs from you, depending on the discount.

And here I thought having 11+ drafts lined up was impressive.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Some Numbers posted:

:stare: TWO HUNDRED set 2 packs?!

I may buy some packs from you, depending on the discount.

And here I thought having 11+ drafts lined up was impressive.

I pretty much sold everything I had in the kickstarter for Grand King except AA's, so I've just been playing my weekly drafts and sitting on a ton of plat. I haven't decided on an exact price yet for the set 2 packs, it's kind of tricky since I need to beat the gift card discount and the offset in price someone could get from primals by buying directly from Cryptozoic. I know it's going to be slightly less than set 1 packs are currently so somewhat less than $1.45 per pack.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Hah, drat son.

I've got about eighty dollar's worth of platinum saved up and plan on rolling most of that back into Set 2. I figure that with my Grand King packs that should be enough to get a nice bankroll started for drafting and still buy the few specific cards I know I'm going to want right off (Scheme, a few others).

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Some Numbers posted:

I have not heard anything from my opponent and I forgot to let you know.

I am officially declaring Vilgan a *bye*. Your next match depends on the winner of Sigma-X and Mikujin.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
Mikujin hasn't always been available but I'm beating him by having even worse availability, and was never available when he was, so give him the win for our match. I'm unfortunately too swamped with other things right now to participate, unfortunately :(

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Sigma-X posted:

Mikujin hasn't always been available but I'm beating him by having even worse availability, and was never available when he was, so give him the win for our match. I'm unfortunately too swamped with other things right now to participate, unfortunately :(
If you've any time this afternoon/tonight or perhaps tomorrow evening we may be able to get it done. I'd certainly prefer to actually play it out than not. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~

katkillad2 posted:

I pretty much sold everything I had in the kickstarter for Grand King except AA's, so I've just been playing my weekly drafts and sitting on a ton of plat. I haven't decided on an exact price yet for the set 2 packs, it's kind of tricky since I need to beat the gift card discount and the offset in price someone could get from primals by buying directly from Cryptozoic. I know it's going to be slightly less than set 1 packs are currently so somewhat less than $1.45 per pack.

Well, if you're interested in selling bulk at a big discount, I might just straight up buy 100 for $100 in plat, if you're interested.

• Locked thread