Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Pirate Jet posted:

This is the stupidest loving analogy and you should be ashamed of yourself for posting it.

lol ok boss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Vehicles that cost tens of thousands of dollars and are in charge of peoples' lives for usually hours per day are not held to the same standard as a 50 dollar video game, and while that isn't an excuse for the standard of quality video games ARE at (probably lower than it should be with developers caring more about getting the game out the door to make up for their development costs than making sure it 100% works first), I don't think the two are comparable.

The Mantis
Jul 19, 2004

what is yall sayin?
Cool yeah lets do more analogy breakdowns whos got the next one

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Did anyone get the bonus cash for preordering? I don't seem to have any in single player or my imported online character.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Boxed copy or downloaded?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

truly i deeply considered my analogy instead of just being annoyed that rockstar did not bother to test that older accounts could pay the game

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Day Man posted:

Did anyone get the bonus cash for preordering? I don't seem to have any in single player or my imported online character.

If it's like other pre-order bonuses (for PSN store at least) you get them in a notification 1-24 hours later and redeem the code.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Day Man posted:

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/204230473-How-to-Claim-GTA-Bonus-on-PS4-Digital-Pre-Order

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

This is definitely goty 2013-2015

i just stared at a woman in first person and she called the cops

Toasta
Jan 18, 2006
All shall fade to black.
I'm really impressed with how good the first person shooting feels, and just how much better the game looks.

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

Anyone found and monkey graffiti yet?

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
Finally I am playing. A lot longer than midnight, but it'll do. I got some zzz.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

I haven't checked online yet but I got my 500K for SP just fine. Seems like the game gave it all to Franklin though. Remind me, can you exchange money between characters?

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
this is literally the best game ive ever played

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

Just coming in to say I still can't get my character transferred, really hope they get this fix going soon, only reason I bought this was for multiplayer

Jokerfish
May 3, 2007

Bait Master

I like that people who didn't get the last gen collector's editions can buy the Hotknife and weapons or whatever now (they cost $$$ but that's fine because I don't really need another poo poo car), but has anyone found out whether the character special ability boosts can be obtained?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I couldn't possibly get in on a PlayShare of the PS4 version for a little while to test drive it from anybody, could I? :)

PSN: PearceRules

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Ashtarath posted:

Just coming in to say I still can't get my character transferred, really hope they get this fix going soon, only reason I bought this was for multiplayer

It's coming, subscribe to https://support.rockstargames.com/h...Into-GTA-Online to be alerted via email when they've rolled the fix out. Turns out it's an issue for those who haven't logged onto GTA Online in 2014.

LockHeart
Apr 8, 2005

I'll make Coach Haribo proud!
I still have the $100000896 bounty on my head

Toot toot.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

How long have you been able to put 'meme text' onto your Snaps in the game?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Tempted to start a gimmick PSN just to get any online to play, the transfer issue sucks

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiKRA-voUlk

Somewhere, Jack Thompson is having a breakdown.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Some FPS videos from the PS4.
Jumping a motorbike off the pier.
Trying to jump down Mount Chiliad on a bike.
Getting ran over and starting a fight.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
GTA V HD is the Postal 3 we should have gotten.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

CJacobs posted:

GTA V HD is the Postal 3 we should have gotten.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb4F4gPMOq4

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Thanks!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Turns out you do get retroactively awarded new trophies, at least for GTA online content you've already done. I've been tooling around for about 45 minutes just playing with the new controls and then suddenly after buying a couple of the guns I missed at ammunation I got flooded with old trophies.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Oh gawd what, sudden 1.14GB patch on PS4?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Hope that texture pop-in is fixed by the time it reaches PC.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

SplitSoul posted:

Hope that texture pop-in is fixed by the time it reaches PC.

It'd probably be dependent on the speed of the storage you're running the game from.

Which means you'll probably have to dedicate a sizable chunk of an SSD to the game.

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

Croccers posted:

Oh gawd what, sudden 1.14GB patch on PS4?

What is it? I'm having issues downloading it... :/

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

ExplodingSquid posted:

What is it? I'm having issues downloading it... :/
:hfive: Same here.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I grabbed that in 20 minutes before installing the game. It's just your usual day 1 "tweaks and bugfixes" update, no new content.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I had to click the retry button over a dozen times for it to finally start downloading, still not sure what it actually is though.

Edit: See above, same as usual then.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

If it lets me transfer my character that would be great.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Yeah it's being really temperamental about letting me download this update. Oh well, Iron Banner time I guess :v:

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

So I'm at work and my girlfriend just sent me this pic

4 more hours :negative:

edit: wait since when does the UK use a pegi rating?!

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

awesome-express posted:

So I'm at work and my girlfriend just sent me this pic

4 more hours :negative:

edit: wait since when does the UK use a pegi rating?!

All PS4 games in the UK have PEGI ratings now, and Nintendo's had it as standard since the Wii days.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
If you go to the shooting range you can play with the railgun :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mantis
Jul 19, 2004

what is yall sayin?
Just booted it up for the first time ever

God drat

• Locked thread