Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

how's exo ping on domination?

I usually run no exo but if I'm doing run and gun with a kp5 or mp11 (fun as gently caress with laser, rapid fire, fast hands, and gun ho) i'll run overclock because zooooooooooom

also I'll prob be on late tonight ps4 so anyone wanna play?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Christoff posted:

I usually run no exo but if I'm doing run and gun with a kp5 or mp11 (fun as gently caress with laser, rapid fire, fast hands, and gun ho) i'll run overclock because zooooooooooom

I may hop on. I need a break from studying accounting.

wit
Jul 26, 2011
Got it because I heard it was a bit of a titanfall ripoff, happy with it. Its fascinating to watch pretty much everyone still running around maps like hamsters seemingly oblivious to their loving jetpack. Back in my day, chugging mountain dew was all about getting vertical.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

wit posted:

Got it because I heard it was a bit of a titanfall ripoff, happy with it. Its fascinating to watch pretty much everyone still running around maps like hamsters seemingly oblivious to their loving jetpack. Back in my day, chugging mountain dew was all about getting vertical.

im the guy slamming a 2l

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

Christoff posted:

I got your invite, but I have 2 games preloading right now so my connection is poo poo. When I tried to message you on PSN it just kept failing. I'm just grinding out Exo Survival waves for stupid trophies, believe me I'd rather be playing online!

EDIT

Seriously, today I get like 5 invites and I can't join and I can't send any messages explaining why not. gently caress! Sorry everyone, I really do want to play shootman with you but I can't! My internet is already weeping with the preloads.

Static Rook fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Nov 17, 2014

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

ok I can't get the dew/doritos poo poo working so I have 3 codes to someone who's on my friends list. Just reply and I'll pm them

tjones
May 13, 2005
If anyone is wanting to get all the zombie gear you need to play through on your own level first. If you end up skipping tiers to help others it will not count toward your progress.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:
Got irons on the MORS. Only played one game with it so far but it seems alright.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Man, finally saw some shitler doing one of the map glitches outside of infected. Thankfully those walls are considered super thin though, so you can just shoot them and make them angry.

Speaking of, suck a sack of dicks if you glitch in infected. Every single match, almost 100% guaranteed there will be some jerkoff if not like 6 of them, humping the walls everyone know by this point.

anuj
Oct 14, 2005

~anime crew~
~R.I.P. Soap-san~
Now that I'm getting used to the movement and general flow of the maps, it's a lot more fun. Threat detection suuport UAVs seem a little unfair, but I'm loving them.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Yardbomb posted:

Man, finally saw some shitler doing one of the map glitches outside of infected. Thankfully those walls are considered super thin though, so you can just shoot them and make them angry.

Speaking of, suck a sack of dicks if you glitch in infected. Every single match, almost 100% guaranteed there will be some jerkoff if not like 6 of them, humping the walls everyone know by this point.

If you're not infected, go into their spot and put your Explosive Drones down and blow yourself up. http://gfycat.com/InfiniteAnguishedCuckoo

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Are any of the attachments for the crossbow worth it? Red Dot seems to make it way tougher to gauge the drop at range.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Mill Village posted:

If you're not infected, go into their spot and put your Explosive Drones down and blow yourself up. http://gfycat.com/InfiniteAnguishedCuckoo

Oh god yes, this is happening :flashfap:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Mill Village posted:

:iamafag:

What's the over/under on them patching drones not to teamkill (a la barrels in BLOPS) before they fix the map glitching? :smith:

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

patch is out on the bone

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
What's in this patch? I thought this game was just patched with the lag fixes recently. (And I assumed it was still just broken.)

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

versus posted:

Got irons on the MORS. Only played one game with it so far but it seems alright.

Good to hear, "alright" I can work with. I'm working on it, at like 31/40 headshots. If I prestige will I have to unlock them again? I've never done the prestige thing.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Wazzit posted:

What's in this patch? I thought this game was just patched with the lag fixes recently. (And I assumed it was still just broken.)

quote:

Game Update: PC (full update complete), PS4 (full update complete), XB1 (full update complete).

Connectivity optimization for game servers.
General Bug fixes and rare crash bugs.

If past games are any indication, this message will have all the future patch notes as well.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
I wish the whole one way glass door bug was fixed soon if only to stop 3 people from my own team from sitting in there and being utterly useless for an entire game of domination. This has happened every single time that map has come up on rotation and it's starting to really annoy me now.

Cab
Apr 23, 2003

GET MY BELT SON posted:

patch is out on the bone

The patch is out at 9pm tonight... it's called Far Cry 4.

REAL FUN

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

XMGs are hilarious in hardcore. Just jump onto a point from a weird angle and gun down 1-3 people, allies be damned. MY BULLETS GO WHERE THEY WILL!

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

Cab posted:

REAL FUN

all over it

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Cab posted:

REAL FUN

Wait. This game has co-op?

Cab
Apr 23, 2003

Mister Macys posted:

Indeed it does and 3 did as well.

Goodchild
Jan 3, 2010
Latest Xbone patch still didn't effect any of my issues with latency. Sledgehammer finally sunk this ship, so how about that Far Cry 4?

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Goodchild posted:

Latest Xbone patch still didn't effect any of my issues with latency. Sledgehammer finally sunk this ship, so how about that Far Cry 4?

Yeah this game is a laggy mess. Ill get FC4 tomorrow i think.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
I dunno man. Last I played ps4 was doing great lag wise. The multiplayer is a riot if you play with friends.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Mister Macys posted:

Before you cream your underoos, I'm pretty sure the co-op stuff is all optional missions.

Yamacruiser
Sep 28, 2011

I am the one who knocks!

SpazmasterX posted:

Before you cream your underoos, I'm pretty sure the co-op stuff is all optional missions.

The only thing you can't do co-op is the main story missions. You can free roam and take over outposts together. They actually encourage co-op for taking over the larger fortresses.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:

CRAYON posted:

Good to hear, "alright" I can work with. I'm working on it, at like 31/40 headshots. If I prestige will I have to unlock them again? I've never done the prestige thing.

Yeah you have to unlock attachments again, even for weapons you select as your prestige unlock. :( That, combined with my somewhat disappointing experience overall with the MORS irons so far, means I probably won't bother to unlock them again until if/when I reach prestige master, unless it gets a buff before then (unlikely); it just doesn't seem as good as the irons Ballista from BO2 (which also had a faster ADS time with iron sights equipped). MORS is probably the most effective with the low level of zoom offered by the first setting from the variable zoom scope. What I think would be a fairly minor adjustment that would probably considerably improve quality of life without making the iron sights for any sniper rifle too good would be removing or considerably reducing the sway while ADS with iron sights equipped.

versus fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Nov 18, 2014

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Moochewmoo posted:

I dunno man. Last I played ps4 was doing great lag wise. The multiplayer is a riot if you play with friends.

Honestly PS3 has never been that bad for me either. Like there's the occasional spat of the game hanging hard for a second, but that's been pretty rare.

Pretty_Llama
Nov 11, 2009

Yardbomb posted:

Honestly PS3 has never been that bad for me either. Like there's the occasional spat of the game hanging hard for a second, but that's been pretty rare.

Xbone has been fine for me since the first patch - there might be a game a night where the connections are tough but otherwise it has been far less laggy than any of the other recent games.

Goodchild
Jan 3, 2010

Pretty_Llama posted:

Xbone has been fine for me since the first patch - there might be a game a night where the connections are tough but otherwise it has been far less laggy than any of the other recent games.

It is strange, all past CoD's I never had any connection problems of any sort. Now with Advanced Warfare I have to hit someone with half a clip of rifle rounds in order to drop them and get shot by people that haven't rounded the corner yet on my end, I also seemingly die from about 1-2 shots until I watch a killcam and it shows something completely different.

This isn't some occasional late night laggy match either, this is literally, every, single, round.

It seems like I've switched seats with the people that used to have connection problems in the past games.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Killcams lie; goons die.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Last night I was playing FC3 co-op while waiting to get my FC4 DL code, and the worst stereotpyical snotty anime sperg really wanted me to tell him what I thought of FC3's team competitive modes. I was like "it has deathmatch and poo poo? News to me." Same dude also poo-poo'd the new CoDAW by literally repeating that "Titanfall has jump jets too. Titanfall has big robots, AW has little robots. Why would you even buy CODAW?!" :goonsay:

It was kind of amazing encountering one of those people in the wild.. He was also really lovely at the co-op despite apparently having run every mission twenty times.

Also I got an entire lobby laughing at one kid who tried to make fun of my not prestiging. I asked what in-game benefits it'd give me and he was like "you can unlock ANY GUN YOU WANT!" and I just said, "uhh, I already have unlocked all the guns forever, didn't I?"

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Nov 18, 2014

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
I've recently got into using the Atlas 20mm rifle.
I loving love this thing! So far, I've never hit an enemy and not had it kill, except when it had to penetrate level geometry first. I can't hipfire, but that's not really much of a loss since none of the sniper rifles can hit poo poo from the hip anyway. Only downside is the lack of options for attachments. I mean, sure, okay, you don't want to give me ironsights or an ACOG for it. Fine. But why the gently caress can't I get thermals or a variable scope? :(:

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Goodchild posted:

It is strange, all past CoD's I never had any connection problems of any sort. Now with Advanced Warfare I have to hit someone with half a clip of rifle rounds in order to drop them and get shot by people that haven't rounded the corner yet on my end, I also seemingly die from about 1-2 shots until I watch a killcam and it shows something completely different.

This isn't some occasional late night laggy match either, this is literally, every, single, round.

It seems like I've switched seats with the people that used to have connection problems in the past games.

This has been my experience, both before and after each patch. I seem to be almost a second behind everybody else and the killcam confirms. I'm consistently getting killed around corners, by people that are in the reload animation, long range melee, etc. It looks like the patches just gave me full bars without actually reflecting the quality of my connection to the host.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Pretty_Llama posted:

That's only because I haven't spilled sweet tea on my router recently.

Pretty_Llama
Nov 11, 2009

venutolo posted:

That's only because I haven't spilled sweet tea on my router recently.

All of that peach juice gums up the network.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

The_White_Crane posted:

I've recently got into using the Atlas 20mm rifle.
I loving love this thing! So far, I've never hit an enemy and not had it kill, except when it had to penetrate level geometry first. I can't hipfire, but that's not really much of a loss since none of the sniper rifles can hit poo poo from the hip anyway. Only downside is the lack of options for attachments. I mean, sure, okay, you don't want to give me ironsights or an ACOG for it. Fine. But why the gently caress can't I get thermals or a variable scope? :(:

Speaking of the sniper rifles, god I always miss the World at War style where most of them started with no scope except like the Springfield. Every time I pick up a sniper rifle in CoD I feel retarded, like why do I have this huge honking scope when most of these maps don't even have more than a place or two where it's useful. I wish they'd just give me the option to hacksaw the fuckin thing off without needing 1000000 headshots or whatever first.

• Locked thread