Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Falented
Sep 2, 2012

Pussy Snorkel posted:

Who has the link to the most recent version of the crafting script?

Like Bert Roberge said, it can be found in the OP under "The Neverwinter Gateway and Professions Script Versions." There are two versions of the script available, and the main difference mechanically is that Subjunctive's version favors AD and cixorez's version favors XP until max level in the interest of faster profession leveling. Additionally, cix's version is currently supported, whereas Subjunctive has left the game permanently and is no longer providing support for his script. Some people still prefer his version, though. Choose whichever version works best for you. Unrelated: your avatar/title is loving hilarious.

notanewfag posted:

I am running into an issue with the script not filling in the right number of leadership slots. I had one character doing tailoring until it was maxed, then I wanted to switch the tailoring slots to leadership. the slots are not being used for leadership or any other trade skill.

Do I need to remove and re-add the script? Is there a file with the names and numbers of my characters that would make reloading easier?

Different note: Extra Character Slots cost 325 zen down from 500 for temporary sale.

Make sure you have the latest version of whichever script you are using (links can be found in the OP). Make absolutely sure that you save your options when entering them in the config menu, and also make absolutely sure that you have the correct character names and that they are in descending order (first character is first in order, etc). If you still have problems, consider using an alternate version. If you still have problems, post in here again and tell us step-by-step how you are configuring your script and which version you are using. Good luck, etc.

Unrelated: I have updated the OP to fix a typo and reflect our current GG affiliation (Luskan Corsairs).

Falented fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Nov 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Today in "can't escape this game" news: turns out that a good friend at work wrote the expression language for the UI (and server side AI), and a guy who might join my team was the dev lead for NW. I plan to give him poo poo about power-swapping.

notanewfag
May 13, 2008

Falented posted:

Make sure you have the latest version of whichever script you are using (links can be found in the OP). Make absolutely sure that you save your options when entering them in the config menu, and also make absolutely sure that you have the correct character names and that they are in descending order (first character is first in order, etc). If you still have problems, consider using an alternate version. If you still have problems, post in here again and tell us step-by-step how you are configuring your script and which version you are using. Good luck, etc.

The problem was that I needed to have at least Man-at-arms assets. The script is not processing the lower assets for many of the leadership tasks.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

notanewfag posted:

The problem was that I needed to have at least Man-at-arms assets. The script is not processing the lower assets for many of the leadership tasks.

It didn't work for me at low leadership either, but once I manually got it up to level 3 the script worked fine. It only takes a couple tasks to get to 3, so it's not too big of a deal

Falented
Sep 2, 2012

notanewfag posted:

Or it could be that, sure. Grats on fixing it.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Hello guys, I figure I'll check this out again.

Can I get an invite to Vocis@Xaes?

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007
I just hit 60 and I figured I should join a guild. Can I get an invite? Damaia Pigslayer@thepuppykicker

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

The new module goes live in a few hours.

The new area is a bit like Icewind Dale in that its dotted with heroics. They all seemed like major ones. I never really checked what the loot was like on them but its a thing to try out later on. Maybe we can get a big goon zerg going. It also looks a bit like brown dread ring.

As I understand it it takes a few days to unlock the raid. There's also a bunch of new artifact equipment. Offhands and necks. I think the offhands drop in raid while the neckpieces can be bought with campaign currency that drops in the lair. I'm far from sure about that. Anyway it puts a delay on that poo poo turning up in game.

Also you've the jewelcrafting profession coming which makes rings. The rings at max level will be the new best in the game. Cix has a script for that so you can get it to 20 in a hurry on your main but I don't know if its in the op yet. Its also obviously not fully tested yet because it was on the beta gateway.

There will be another double refinement weekend in December so it might be worth not putting everything in to your gear immediately.

There is also not an unreasonable chance a lot of it is going to be fairly buggy. They put a new build up 3 days before launch and some important stuff was pretty hosed up.

For example TR will now be god of aoe dps for a week or two because a feat called shadow of demise multistacks on mobs with dot encahnts doing 90k a sec on each one. Have fun with that. From what I understand they are getting megapowerful in pvp. The top tree is the perma stealth one which can be forgtten for pve, the middle one is going to be a total stunlock/semi perma tree which is going to make pvp hell on earth and the bottom one is the damage tree. That's the proper pve one and the I one shot people in pvp tree. Anyhow I saw a video of a dude killing packs of mobs with it really fast in the new zone so it should be decent. Maybe a week before the champion autists post their builds and you can just copy directly.

Warlock is getting a new paragon. Apparently you gather "soul sparks" by doing damage and then expend them to do more damage. Something like that. Its not something I especially paid attention to. When it hit preview initially it was considered wildly too weak. So it got buffed. I have no idea how it is now. Devoted cleric is also getting a boatload of changes I haven't taken the tire to understand in anyway. They have damage now or can be unkillable or they can heal. So yeah. There are mechanics supporting that and maybe one day someone will explain them to me.

Anyhow see you all later

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Shadow of Demise with a Bilethorn weapon seems interesting, I had no idea about this since I only checked the TR changes briefly on test. Guess it's getting time to dust off Nyx again.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

In pve the mobs would be dead before you got to your second bilethorn proc. Better to use a plaguefire because the extra stacks are probably coming off the dots

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
I read somewhere that TRs only get a free feat respec, which is pretty ~funny~ considering they're changing like every power and the way dex works. And still, the alternatives are a) spec new feats blindly and spend AD/zen on a respec, or b) run around without feats and be useless until you get a grip.

Why yes, I will complain even while apparantly being made an aoe god.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Don't know for sure if that bug made it to live. It was certainly in the last preview build which is around the time prepatching started happening.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Hahahahahaha:
Concussive Strikes: Your Critical Strikes and attacks from behind the target daze foes for .5/1/1.5/2/2.5 seconds. Foes can only be dazed this way once every 5 seconds.
Skullcracker: Every 15 seconds you gain Skullcracker. While you have Skullcracker your next attack Dazes the target for 4 seconds. While a target is affected by Skullcracker your attacks will extend the Daze on the target by .5 seconds, up to a maximum of 6 seconds. You deal 25% increased damage to targets affected by Skullcracker and also grants 25% increased move speed.

edit: wah, they changed a lot. So confused.

valuum fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Nov 18, 2014

Falented
Sep 2, 2012

valuum posted:

Hahahahahaha:
Concussive Strikes: Your Critical Strikes and attacks from behind the target daze foes for .5/1/1.5/2/2.5 seconds. Foes can only be dazed this way once every 5 seconds.
Skullcracker: Every 15 seconds you gain Skullcracker. While you have Skullcracker your next attack Dazes the target for 4 seconds. While a target is affected by Skullcracker your attacks will extend the Daze on the target by .5 seconds, up to a maximum of 6 seconds. You deal 25% increased damage to targets affected by Skullcracker and also grants 25% increased move speed.

edit: wah, they changed a lot. So confused.

Yeah that's another reason why I took a break. No idea where to go with the class now. :(

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Goofballs posted:

Don't know for sure if that bug made it to live. It was certainly in the last preview build which is around the time prepatching started happening.

I wanted to properly test this yesterday evening, but was too wasted from that evening dinner to try. I should get around to it later today. The Executioner capstone still gives you 5-6 ticks of 4-5kish damage per stealth use.

DevNull
Apr 4, 2007

And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky
A human being that was given to fly

valuum posted:

I read somewhere that TRs only get a free feat respec, which is pretty ~funny~ considering they're changing like every power and the way dex works. And still, the alternatives are a) spec new feats blindly and spend AD/zen on a respec, or b) run around without feats and be useless until you get a grip.

Why yes, I will complain even while apparantly being made an aoe god.

Most games deal with this by giving you a respec token that you can use at a later time. They sell those though, so they don't want to give them out for free(even though it would be bound to your character). That leaves them just resetting at the time of the change.

rldmoto
Oct 17, 2011

Ochki@rldmotof13 looking for an invite to the guild, thanks.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Goofballs posted:

The new module goes live in a few hours.

The new area is a bit like Icewind Dale in that its dotted with heroics. They all seemed like major ones. I never really checked what the loot was like on them but its a thing to try out later on. Maybe we can get a big goon zerg going. It also looks a bit like brown dread ring.

As I understand it it takes a few days to unlock the raid. There's also a bunch of new artifact equipment. Offhands and necks. I think the offhands drop in raid while the neckpieces can be bought with campaign currency that drops in the lair. I'm far from sure about that. Anyway it puts a delay on that poo poo turning up in game.

Investigation: both the offhands and necks can be bought with what seems to be the new lair's equivalent of seals. They cost 10-15. No clue how many seals drop per run.

The heroics actually don't seem that bad. At 45 minutes after the hour the five "heralds of Tiamat" spawn so there's some dragonstomp opportunity, but the other heroics in-zone were all the 2-3 people recommended range. Basically, if you can stomp the Portal to Tuern weekly, you can take a heroic. There doesn't seem to be the intensity buff that heroics get in Icewind Dale.

Heroic prizes include the new weekly turn-in, the Dragon Hoard Coffer, which has a small enough drop rate that it might be an actual weekly instead of a once-a-weekly, and potions that buff you when fighting dragons and persist through death. Just 10% damage boost/damage resist, though. (Coffers also drop from cult messengers who are running around the zone.)

The new dragon campaign currency is a dragon fang. Haven't seen what the non-intro quests are, but it seems like the steps require 4 fangs and I only got 3 opening the zone.

Also! You can salvage your dragon weapons for a shard of dragonsteel, and opening the dragon weapon chest also gives you one. 6 shards buys you any weapon of your choice, including the new ones they put in for paragon path at-wills.

Pokeylope
Nov 12, 2010
Bayaz@wccube lookin for an invite if you would be so kind.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I'm not sure its mentioned anywhere but we are Luskan in Gauntlegrym (however you spell that) and Luskan are outnumbered significantly by Delzoun. However most of the pvp guilds are Luskan for a variety of reasons. So If you want to queue up for the pvp element of gauntlegrym do not do so at the start. The pvp guilds try to stack their 20v20 with pvpers to steamroll the other side. If you queue up at the start you get the no gear shitters on your side versus the keenest guys on Delzoun. Its not pretty. The pvpers are waiting till later so they can sync 2 or more 5 man teams. So what you do is you wait 10-15 minutes(the longer the better) into the pvp part to queue. It will pop pretty quickly because we are outnumbered so dont worry about it. When you get in later the odds are your side should be drowning in 20k toons and you'll be up against total randoms. Even if you are a no gear you can grind out wins that way and snipe at people to get kills.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
So after I got my dragon weapon and purple artifacts and all that stuff a few months ago, I felt like I beat Neverwinter. Had no real desire to come back just to grind up more dailies and level 10 enchants and artifact belts and whatnot. Just logged on my alts to drop off the good enchants in the last tab of guild bank.

I've got over a million AD on one dude and probably more on others, as well as 2975 Zen lying around; let me know if there's anything else I can buy for you guys before I uninstall again. (I can put in a Zen order tonight if necessary.)

edit: if there's no better ideas, I'll probably just spend it all on lesser soulforgeds and blue iouns for the lowbies.

hey girl you up fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Nov 22, 2014

tasukiscool
Feb 15, 2003

Voted most likely to be tied to train tracks 2007 - 2008
Slippery Tilde

PFlats posted:

So after I got my dragon weapon and purple artifacts and all that stuff a few months ago, I felt like I beat Neverwinter. Had no real desire to come back just to grind up more dailies and level 10 enchants and artifact belts and whatnot. Just logged on my alts to drop off the good enchants in the last tab of guild bank.

I've got over a million AD on one dude and probably more on others, as well as 2975 Zen lying around; let me know if there's anything else I can buy for you guys before I uninstall again. (I can put in a Zen order tonight if necessary.)

edit: if there's no better ideas, I'll probably just spend it all on lesser soulforgeds and blue iouns for the lowbies.

I'd love some preservation wards if you wouldn't mind, @shootysa.

Game_Whino
Jul 16, 2007

Let's drink until we can't feel anymore!
I could use some high vizor stuff from the AH (everything but the armor pretty much) if you're out for good. No clue what it costs there though

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Guess investing in Opals pre-Tiamat was worth it. Just sold 3 99x stacks for 1.4mill each, effectively doubling my investment.

PFlats posted:

Thanks a ton for this, we have fresh goons joining for Tiamat and others are coming back, so this really helps people out.

With all those new belts, offhands and cloaks hitting endgame will take even longer.

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Nov 23, 2014

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Hammerstein posted:

Guess investing in Opals pre-Tiamat was worth it. Just sold 3 99x stacks for 1.4mill each, effectively doubling my investment.

Thanks a ton for this, we have fresh goons joining for Tiamat and others are coming back, so this really helps people out.

With all those new belts, offhands and cloaks hitting endgame will take even longer.

I know about the offhands and cloaks, but where do the new belts come from? Random drop from the Heralds of Tiamat?

oriface
Jul 13, 2006

Glazius posted:

I know about the offhands and cloaks, but where do the new belts come from? Random drop from the Heralds of Tiamat?

That is where I got mine so I think so. I don't think they drop from the other HEs around the zone. Just heard they do, but very rarely.

Since we were chatting about this the other day...
The final boss in 2 of the lairs drops a key randomly(saw it once out of 12 times) that opens the cage for a companion. I think it is BOP.

oriface fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Nov 24, 2014

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
So I've run the updated Jewelcraft script for the past few days, and am noticing something in the R15-R17 range right now. Probably with me making space and selling my crafted items to the vendor, I am noticing upgraded items are not being made, nor are lower tier items being made for their appropriate ranks because they are not included in the appropriate ranks' task lists.

Cix, does your task list in the OP include Jewelcraft? Otherwise I could look into the script also including necessary green tier items being made.

EDIT: Actually, nevermind. Every task eats Residuum. That explains why nothing is being crafted :v

Dinictus fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Nov 25, 2014

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

Double Refinement this weekend. So all that good stuff you were saving for a month from now you can get rid of EVEN SOONER.

:yay:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Questions for a returning Trickster Rogue at level 32: Should I keep doing the whole "Make runestones into the highest fuckin' rank possible" thing, even if the process is weirder now? Also, is it alright to go for lower damage and defense in favor of stuff like Crits, Moving, and Deflection? And finally, what the gently caress is a Chillwright or whatever and why should I raise Black Ice Shaving?

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

You can worry about black ice shaping at post 60. It probably doesnt really matter what you slot at lower levels because what matters most is your weapon damage.

Generally at 60 people want 2.5k crit, 2-3k recovery, 2.5k armour penetration and as much power as they can stack. You are unlikely to make significant inroads into those at low level.

If you don't want your runestones you get an artifact quest around 20 and you can feed them to that.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Goofballs posted:

You can worry about black ice shaping at post 60. It probably doesnt really matter what you slot at lower levels because what matters most is your weapon damage.

Generally at 60 people want 2.5k crit, 2-3k recovery, 2.5k armour penetration and as much power as they can stack. You are unlikely to make significant inroads into those at low level.

If you don't want your runestones you get an artifact quest around 20 and you can feed them to that.

So basically just ignore runestones until 60, then slot 'em to fill in anything I'm low on. Since, I'm assuming leveling-wise I shouldn't worry about stats much.

As for the artifact, I got the lantern. Decent-ish nuke, and adds stats I could use as it levels.

What I got so far at 33. If that helps with advice.

Edit: Ah, poo poo. I probably should ask: Are ANY of these Lockboxes worth opening? Because god drat, they feel too common to be purple.

widespread fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Nov 28, 2014

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch
Just level, gear is totally unimportant until 60 because everything's easy with just the stuff you get along the way. Lockboxes are for people with too much money and never worth opening in any way other than feeding gambling addiction

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

widespread posted:

Edit: Ah, poo poo. I probably should ask: Are ANY of these Lockboxes worth opening? Because god drat, they feel too common to be purple.

Absolutely not. Do not open lockboxes with real money unless its like a charity like thing where you want to throw them ten dollars but don't want anything in the shop because you won't be getting poo poo from the lockbox. Its idiot tax or donation money.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Goofballs posted:

Absolutely not. Do not open lockboxes with real money unless its like a charity like thing where you want to throw them ten dollars but don't want anything in the shop because you won't be getting poo poo from the lockbox. Its idiot tax or donation money.

But it's perfectly fine to use ADs right? Because that isn't even real-money-related and you can still get Zen from 'em.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Sure why not, I've done that plenty. When we were farming cn I even did a lot. Hand to heart you don't get much out of them though but game currency gambling is harmless. I just feel real bad for the poor impulse control people who drop wads of cash on them. And they do because mmo players are crazy.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
So uh what's with your avatars>

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Should have bought an avatar pic or enraged someone into buying us red text.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Semisponge posted:

We're too poor. Hence why we're playing a free MMO. :v:

Machado de Assis
Dec 12, 2005

widespread posted:

So basically just ignore runestones until 60, then slot 'em to fill in anything I'm low on. Since, I'm assuming leveling-wise I shouldn't worry about stats much.

As for the artifact, I got the lantern. Decent-ish nuke, and adds stats I could use as it levels.

What I got so far at 33. If that helps with advice.

I'd definitely recommend putting your enchantment stuff into your artifact as you level (with the possible exception of azure enchantments, which in utility slots give an XP bonus). Once you do get to 60 its usually cheaper to buy level 5-6 enchants off the market than upgrade them anyway, the marks alone are often more expensive than the finished product (the same thing applies to weapon/armor enchatments like vorpal and soulforged, the coalescent wards are much more expensive than the finished product).

TR specific, black ice gear is only a good upgrade as pvp gear, the icewind dale boons are kinda meh too so there's not really much point in doing IWD stuff in general unless you plan to get into pvp. You'll never be as resilient as a GF or GWF so trying to stack defensive stats isn't really worth it, your stats are much better invested in making stuff die quicker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Semisponge posted:

They have garbage dicks, or so I've heard.

• Locked thread