Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poison Jam
Mar 29, 2009

Shh...
We're being watched.
At least the install is going quickly for me. I am confused by the PEGI rating though but then again I don't pay much attention to the case and assumed it was a BBFC rating before I read your post. I hope this blows me away because as much as I enjoyed it on ps3 the loading times and graphics were a bit meh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I can't figure out how to move quickly while sneaking in first-person. In third-person, you can break into a stealthy jog by holding the run button (X by default) down while sneaking, but holding the run button in first-person (L3) causes me to go into regular non-stealthy sprinting. Is there a way?

e: Never mind – just figured out that first-person sneaking speed depends on how much you're tilting the movement stick. Neat.

Pretty good fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Nov 18, 2014

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

sinking belle posted:

I can't figure out how to move quickly while sneaking in first-person. In third-person, you can break into a stealthy jog by holding the run button (X by default) down while sneaking, but holding the run button in first-person (L3) causes me to go into regular non-stealthy sprinting. Is there a way?

e: Never mind – just figured out that first-person sneaking speed depends on how much you're tilting the movement stick. Neat.

I think pressing X works for this still, but I've only used sneaking like twice so far. Also walking speed in first-person is also dependent on how much you're tilting the stick. No more having to hold down X all the time.

Bear in the Woods
Jun 1, 2013

Croccers posted:

If you go to the shooting range you can play with the railgun :getin:

I dont know if it sticks with you either way but I pointed it at the wall, blew myself up, and had it when I respawned.

g-c
Dec 10, 2006

Say cheese
I must be starting to suck at video games, because I think First Person is really strange and awkward to control. Otherwise, this is a pretty game.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

g-c posted:

I must be starting to suck at video games, because I think First Person is really strange and awkward to control. Otherwise, this is a pretty game.

nah compared to other first person games it is clunky and rough. there is a reason the controls on battlefield, call of duty, halo, destiny, etc etc are all nearly identical.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Playing as Franklin in first person and getting chased through the hood while jumping over fences, onto roofs, through yards, etc with a 2 star wanted level was genuinely exciting

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
I haven't played a GTA since 2001, can't wait to get home tonight and play a little.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
If you have problems transferring your GTAO character(s) because you last played 2013 and only watch this thread:
1/18/14 Update: This issue has now been addressed for PlayStation®4 and Playstation 3 users, and will be addressed for Xbox One and Xbox 360 users by tomorrow. Xbox One players can still log in to Grand Theft Auto Online but will not be able to transfer characters until the fix is in place.

The only problem remaining is successfully getting that gigabyte-some patch from PSN successfully :argh:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!

O Hanraha-hanrahan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiKRA-voUlk

Somewhere, Jack Thompson is having a breakdown.

6m 17s: Walk right next to a police car actively looking for you, but outside of their cone of vision, no detection.

Get behind the car a good twenty or so feet, out of cone of vision, spotted.

God dammit Rockstar.

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

MrLonghair posted:

If you have problems transferring your GTAO character(s) because you last played 2013 and only watch this thread:
1/18/14 Update: This issue has now been addressed for PlayStation®4 and Playstation 3 users, and will be addressed for Xbox One and Xbox 360 users by tomorrow. Xbox One players can still log in to Grand Theft Auto Online but will not be able to transfer characters until the fix is in place.

The only problem remaining is successfully getting that gigabyte-some patch from PSN successfully :argh:

Yeah, as someone that went from xbox 360 to ps4 it looks like I will have to wait till tomorrow then, glad to see it isn't gonna take too long at least.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Toasta posted:

I'm really impressed with how good the first person shooting feels, and just how much better the game looks.

How is the first person shooting in GTA Online? Are you only put in free aim lobbies if you're playing First Person?

Or are you stuck losing to everyone who has 3rd person auto-aim enabled?

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

MrLonghair posted:

Of course they gently caress up the one major selling point to upgrade to next gen.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
Now this is how you do a remake.

And holy poo poo, the PS4 version supports 3D. :eyepop: I haven't seen that mentioned anywhere?

I'm not totally sold on the first person after Franklins first mission, think I'll force myself to play with it tonight for longer and see how I feel.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

geeves posted:

Of course they gently caress up the one major selling point to upgrade to next gen.

well yeah, they already got your money. Getting the new people's money is more important since they might buy more shark cards!

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.

Metanaut posted:

And holy poo poo, the PS4 version supports 3D. :eyepop: I haven't seen that mentioned anywhere?

I'm not totally sold on the first person after Franklins first mission, think I'll force myself to play with it tonight for longer and see how I feel.

So far I've read that to get the hang of it, increase the FOV and go crazy in free roam for a bit. My friend said it helped him ease into it for missions because he didn't feel as overwhelmed.

I on the other hand am poor and can't buy it until late December :(

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Metanaut posted:

I really hope they have planned for Oculus Rift and Project Morpheus support.

Toasta
Jan 18, 2006
All shall fade to black.

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

How is the first person shooting in GTA Online? Are you only put in free aim lobbies if you're playing First Person?

Or are you stuck losing to everyone who has 3rd person auto-aim enabled?

Haven't tried online shooting yet. Honestly the movement reminds me of P.T. and the shooting reminds me of ARMA more than Destiny or COD.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

if the pc version supports trackir, i might pick that up too

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Anyone able to actually transfer their poo poo? The support site is garbage and just tells me to do what already is not working.

The online character? Yep, mine went fine about 9:50PM PST. Single player stuff doesn't transfer.

Capn Beeb posted:

6m 17s: Walk right next to a police car actively looking for you, but outside of their cone of vision, no detection.

Get behind the car a good twenty or so feet, out of cone of vision, spotted.

God dammit Rockstar.

Rear view mirror man.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I believe Beeb's argument is what is the point of having a cone of vision displayed if they don't even respect it?

like yes, if it were a real human then rearview makes sense. But it's not, it's a videogame AI cop with a cone of vision straight out of Metal Gear Solid on your minimap and yet, there you go.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Ashtarath posted:

Yeah, as someone that went from xbox 360 to ps4 it looks like I will have to wait till tomorrow then, glad to see it isn't gonna take too long at least.

Suddenly my wait for Amazon to deliver is not a problem. Still looking forward to single player though.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
The Sad Trombone is a horn option now, Game of the Year forever.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Don't know when I'll get to play. Apparently buying a game and given a countdown doesn't correspond with actually downloading it. That's a separate function because apparently retards designed the PS4 interface and don't give any on screen instructions.

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

Metanaut posted:

No poo poo?? That's awesome! I even tried googling it and can't seem to find anything. I can't play myself to check until tomorrow. :cry:

Rubber Bob
Apr 9, 2001
I can't get the update to download on PS4. After retrying a bunch of times I at least get past the "preparing download" thing, but then it just stops. God damnit!

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

I'm going to get this for PS4 in a week or so after playing DA:I. Does anyone know if the digital version is the superior one like last time (pop in, loading speed, etc)?

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

geeves posted:

Don't know when I'll get to play. Apparently buying a game and given a countdown doesn't correspond with actually downloading it. That's a separate function because apparently retards designed the PS4 interface and don't give any on screen instructions.

Hit info on it

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

FallenGod posted:

I'm going to get this for PS4 in a week or so after playing DA:I. Does anyone know if the digital version is the superior one like last time (pop in, loading speed, etc)?

There's no difference at all since all PS4 games install entirely to the hard drive.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

ElwoodCuse posted:

There's no difference at all since all PS4 games install entirely to the hard drive.

Sounds good, might as well grab a disk instead of downloading it.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Athanatos posted:

Hit info on it

I'm just used to Xbox's simplicity: Select Game to Buy -> Buy -> Auto downloaded.

So let me get this straight. PS4 seems to be: Select Game to Buy -> Buy appropriate funds -> Buy -> Go to Info -> Download.

Got it.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
1/27 peyote plants collected

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Metanaut posted:

Stop blowing my mind like this. I'm trying to stick to my guns and wait for PC release. Don't make me triple-dip on this game.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

MrLonghair posted:

On top of Chiliad? That's the one I found. I was wondering, "What is that noise? Is it coming from this plant?"

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

davebo posted:

Stop blowing my mind like this. I'm trying to stick to my guns and wait for PC release. Don't make me triple-dip on this game.

I'm a loving dork and dropped 15 dollars to help my friend buy it so I could play it when I want to

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Metanaut posted:

Where's the option for this? Did I just completely miss it when I was loving around with the settings?

MrLonghair posted:

Now I'm really wondering what all they added. Seems like there might be a lot more to it than what we've been told and gleamed from streams and a few hours of play.

Oddly I find the new songs to be almost surprising just in the fact that I'm not used to them being in the game. It's weird. I think social club said I had 96 hours logged, but that was for a second run through save, so it's close to double that for the PS3 version, so I'm just super used to that radio playlist. I think the first time a new song, Feel Good Inc., started playing it startled me into hitting a stoplight. Granted that might've been due to still getting used to first-person driving, hooray for knowing what speed I'm going in a GTA game though!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

O Hanraha-hanrahan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiKRA-voUlk

Somewhere, Jack Thompson is having a breakdown.
:stonklol:

You just know at least one person is gonna turn into a murderer in real life after playing this in first person mode too much.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

beating down women in 1st personn is giving me a boner, what does this mean

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
Holy poo poo this thing is beautiful. The phone using the speaker on the controller is a great idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

:stonklol:

You just know at least one person is gonna turn into a murderer in real life after playing this in first person mode too much.

All I could think of in that video is "WHY IS HE HITTING THEM IN THE rear end?" and started having flashbacks to Lincoln getting hammered in the rear end.

God drat I can't wait for mine to be delivered.

• Locked thread