Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I wanted to side with Pagan Min so I sat down and ate crab rangoon for 13 minutes, and then I got to dump off my mom's ashes and then the game ended. I really wanted to shoot guns with my flamboyant dictator step-dad instead of working for a bunch of smelly drug dealing terrorists :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

You shouldn't keep sharks in a tank. They have to be free.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Pagan Minn is basically the better version of Vaas in every way. Oh look a crazy guy who isn't shouting "LOOK HOW CRAZY I loving AM" every scene.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Holy fuuuuck the release of this game is murdering the building's internet

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Gimbal lock posted:

Holy fuuuuck the release of this game is murdering the building's internet

Uplay is apparently down right now too. I hope it's doing better than projected because this is really good.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
The complete infrastructure is burning lol

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Gimbal lock posted:

The complete infrastructure is burning lol

Well I guess that's good in some weird way.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea I guess of the launch problems they've had they'd rather have 'our poo poo is on fire because everyone wants this' vs 'oh god everyone's calling us scumbags and the game sucks rear end'.

Also I know it's pandering as gently caress but I unironically love Hurk being back, tat bros for life.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
you guys are making it really hard to wait until I'm off work to play this :negative:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

PantsBandit posted:

you guys are making it really hard to wait until I'm off work to play this :negative:

Yeah I stayed up late playing and it's been coffee all day for me at work. I love my job too so it's weird to be groggy at it.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
It's not super good, but it's fun enough. I'd recommend getting it for cheap if you like stuff like Crysis or the other Far Cry games.

Sizup
Nov 25, 2008

so is the coop full campaign or only side missions, i'm getting conflicting reports on this from reviews

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

SunAndSpring posted:

I'd recommend getting it for cheap if you like stuff like Crysis or the other Far Cry games.

That's the plan here. I loved the first one, 2, and blood dragon. I wonder if this one's getting any cool DLC

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Sizup posted:

so is the coop full campaign or only side missions, i'm getting conflicting reports on this from reviews

When you mouse over the fortress missions it mentions using Co op to clear them as an alternative to clearing campaign missions. This needs to be tested and I'd love to do so with someone.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Schnedwob posted:

That's the plan here. I loved the first one, 2, and blood dragon. I wonder if this one's getting any cool DLC

Yeah I'm holding off on getting it until I see what the DLC is. The release extra content in W_D was actually broken in some places, so I'm not giving Ubi my money yet.
If this gets Blood Dragon 2 though, I will give them my wallet.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Schnedwob posted:

I hope there's a DLC where I can side with Pagan. He's cool.

Dec 26, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

You made a shark tank thread in Games. You posted a shark tank thread,

i was wondering why zdr singled out and probated him from the activision/ea/ubi thread, makes sense now

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

01011001 posted:

i was wondering why zdr singled out and probated him from the activision/ea/ubi thread, makes sense now

lol they're getting pissed in the other new sharktank now.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Is the shark tank like, where people gather up to talk about games they want to buy and poo poo like the show or is it some stupid poo poo?

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Buschmaki posted:

Is the shark tank like, where people gather up to talk about games they want to buy and poo poo like the show or is it some stupid poo poo?

Widestancer posted:

That gif with a woman getting boned which after a few seconds zooms out to a line of well built men banging one another in a congaline/mantrain ending in her

Dec 26, 2012

Buschmaki posted:

i guess its what they call threads like the Xbox One Is Bad And Boy Am I Mad About It thread now? i have no idea why its called that

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

so is the main character a little bitch like Jason?

my battle plan involves turning rhinos and elephants into jihadists so this is v.important

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Whorelord posted:

so is the main character a little bitch like Jason?

my battle plan involves turning rhinos and elephants into jihadists so this is v.important

Nah he's legit.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

also not sure if this has been mentioned but

you can skip the whole game after the opening cutscene

metro villain guy just takes you to scatter your mother's ashes, you do so, then get on his helicopter, the first chords from 'should I stay or should I go' play and then it cuts to the credits

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

it has been mentioned.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Lol that a lot of people who bought the game are getting the black screen after 1.03.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Blackheart posted:

it has been mentioned.

I suck

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

What is the imp consensus on this game? Worth picking up on a sale?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Silver Striker posted:

What is the imp consensus on this game? Worth picking up on a sale?

Definitely worth it on a sale

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Widestancer posted:

Definitely worth it on a sale

Cool. I'll probably grab it as soon as it goes 50% off. Hopefully by Christmas, but I've got so many other games to play that I am in no hurry. I'm glad you guys are having fun with it.

Sizup
Nov 25, 2008

Widestancer posted:

When you mouse over the fortress missions it mentions using Co op to clear them as an alternative to clearing campaign missions. This needs to be tested and I'd love to do so with someone.

yea this is the make or break for me, cause every other far cry going solo i've gotten bored and abandoned like 60% of the way through

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Sizup posted:

yea this is the make or break for me, cause every other far cry going solo i've gotten bored and abandoned like 60% of the way through

This one has a bunch more content in it side missions wise but yeah, if anyone with this wants to try a Co op fortress run so we can give these good imps a trip report that's be gods work

Speaking of the priest gun dealer guy = lol

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Where can I find pigs, I gotta kill like five to get basic upgrades. I have fuckin tiger pelts but apparently when it comes to hunting pigs I'm hopeless.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Where can I find pigs, I gotta kill like five to get basic upgrades. I have fuckin tiger pelts but apparently when it comes to hunting pigs I'm hopeless.

That old lady's farm near the wolf den has a bunch of pigs spawning near it

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Oh yeah you don't have to talent into dual hides anymore; if you get a "clean kill" (like with a bow) you get double hides by default now.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Widestancer posted:

That old lady's farm near the wolf den has a bunch of pigs spawning near it

Cool time to take my bow and gently caress up an old lady's life because I'm looting so much money from dead soldiers I need a bigger wallet to buy more heavy weapons.

Far Cry 4

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yes the map editor is back!

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
3 gig patch gat drat

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Is this good