Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

MrLonghair posted:

I'm im the same boat but it's safest to make a throwaway account if you want to get some Online done. I'm in the boat of trying to figure out a new PSN name gimmick account for this reason.

And in my book of checking before wrecking, making sure an account last touched 2013 worked in transferring was included :argh:

e: lol timing

1/18/14 Update: This issue has now been addressed for PlayStation®4 and Playstation 3 users, and will be addressed for Xbox One and Xbox 360 users by tomorrow. Xbox One players can still log in to Grand Theft Auto Online but will not be able to transfer characters until the fix is in place.

Yeah, I umm.. it's not fixed for me yet. What patch version am I looking to be on? I'm on 1.02

[edit] Where did you see this announcement from them?

Feenix fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Nov 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

Feenix posted:

Yeah, I umm.. it's not fixed for me yet. What patch version am I looking to be on? I'm on 1.02

Isn't working me yet either. Social club shows both 360 and ps4 data so obviously their linked.

edit: I'm coming from 360 though, so that might be why. Hopefully it's fixed tomorrow.

Schroeder91 fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Nov 18, 2014

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Feenix posted:

You are transferring both from and to the same PSN account, right? You didn't make a new PSN account on PS4?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

BitBasher posted:

You are transferring both from and to the same PSN account, right? You didn't make a new PSN account on PS4?

Yeah. I never changed anything. Same PSN since 2007.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
This happens to accounts on all platforms who last had GTAO action in 2013, 2014 and later are fine.

Feenix posted:

I followed the error support page about the transferring problem https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/203928126 . If you are on 1.02 you're fine, I'm stuck on 1.01 with PSN telling me I cannot download the latest patch. I'd reinstall but PSN's download speeds are down to predicting four hours for 2.5 gigs.

e: or maybe not bah. 18 hours of waiting

e: patch does the first few % fine but dies, they speak like it's on their side and not Sony's, good

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Nov 18, 2014

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:
Anyone know what the little phone icon next to the minimap is?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Kelly posted:

Now this is the kind of Rockstar falling apart thing I can get behind. I wonder how long until they notice? I'd buy every single thing in the game as quickly as I could just to be safe.

seriously. I'd be putting Warstock out of business from ordering everything so fast.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Just to make sure I'm not being a giant idiot, where on Social Club can I confirm I even have a linked save?

Feenix fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Nov 18, 2014

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Feenix posted:

Just to make sure I'm not being a giant idiot, where on Social Club can I confirm I even have a linked save?

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/ps3/career/overview/gtaonline since your past is PS3

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Yep. Definitely shows up there. :\

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I am slowly getting trophies from transferring my character. A couple popped up right away, and I got a few more after I did a race. Still nothing for level 100, but I'm sure it will pop up... eventually.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

God loving dammit, Playstation, your interface loving blows. Buying a game doesn't auto loving download it? :wtc:

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

In case anyone is having trouble, the online trophies seem to pop up during loading screens between events.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Re: the patch:

(It may not be 1.02?)

11/18/14 Update: We are currently addressing this issue with a patch for PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 users. @This patch is available for download, but may not be available in your region for the next few hours. If you attempt to download the patch and see a “CE-32937-4” error, please attempt to download the patch again later today. This issue will be addressed for Xbox One and Xbox 360 users by tomorrow. Affected PlayStation®4 and Xbox One players can still log in to Grand Theft Auto Online but will not be able to transfer characters until the fix is in place.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Cute as heck posted:

Anyone know what the little phone icon next to the minimap is?
Check your messages/email.

Unless the patch added it, no FPS-only servers :(

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

Croccers posted:

Check your messages/email.

Unless the patch added it, no FPS-only servers :(

Oooh, thanks!

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
It is good to be back! Whooooo!

Had some good times last night. Now to grind out the start of a new character and spend some money!

It appears new characters are already in your previous crew, if that matters at all.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Scyron posted:

It is good to be back! Whooooo!

Had some good times last night. Now to grind out the start of a new character and spend some money!

It appears new characters are already in your previous crew, if that matters at all.

Crews must be tied to Social Club, then. Yet, you can't bring a previous character over with a new PSN.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I have not played GTAO since 2013
I am on v.1.02 of GTA for PS4
I am unable to transfer character
There are no new updates/patches available to me in the USA as of this post

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Hockles posted:

I have not played GTAO since 2013
I am on v.1.02 of GTA for PS4
I am unable to transfer character
There are no new updates/patches available to me in the USA as of this post

Reading the Patch Notes for 1.02, it seems EXTREMELY likely that this is not the fix. And it is yet coming.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Apparently 1.02 was to fix things like cars not transferring right, 1.03 will be the one we need. Another half mill of online cash our way please Rockstar, this sucks.

e: Managed to get 1.02 (Swedish/Euro PSN) but no fix for character transfers confirmed. At least I can create a gimmick account and start fresh. Fuuuuck

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Nov 18, 2014

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
I still don't have any of my cars :(

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe
It'd be peachy keen if Rockstar quit erasing all my SMG attachments for no discernible reason, since the part of my life where I bought those things is more or less over and I'd like to move on.

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010
So I picked up GTAV for the PS3 a few weeks ago(again) because I missed it and oddly enough when I went online all of the cars in my garage were gone. I put in a ticket and 2 weeks to the day later, they reimbursed all the money I had made online and then some. Hopefully the fix you guys get switching to the PS4 happens quicker. I'm killing time at work until I can go get my PS4 copy and it's torture.

dutchbstrd
Apr 28, 2004
Think for Yourself, Question Authority.
Had a blast with a few of you goons last night. Good times.

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010

dutchbstrd posted:

Had a blast with a few of you goons last night. Good times.

If you were one of the 4 or 5 goons I was playing on the PS3 with it was a riot.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Thaxxas posted:

If you were one of the 4 or 5 goons I was playing on the PS3 with it was a riot.

That was fun last night. When I showed up (cashcamden) you guys were up by Eclipse Towers rampaging. Then that poor pubbie showed up and got told.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

quote:

11/18/14 Update 2: Sony have increased the number of servers that the PlayStation®4 patch can be download from to reduce errors and make the patch more accessible. Please try the patch download again; if you still see an error, close GTAV completely and try to install the patch. Stay tuned to this page for the latest updates.

I still don't see another patch to download.

dutchbstrd
Apr 28, 2004

Thaxxas posted:

Nope PS4, PSN name UncleRuckus10

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

dutchbstrd posted:

Are you in LLJK?

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

I was able to transfer my character finally. Have't played since '13, 360 to PS4. It says pending now, how long does that take?

e: its done already.

Schroeder91 fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Nov 18, 2014

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

dutchbstrd posted:

Oh hey, I AFK'd in your car while I went to go sip lean have eggnog

Good times :)

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Is there some sort of secret to getting into GTAO w/ the ps4? My character transferred fine, and I even got a few trophies, but every time I try to get online it either times out or just sits on the loading screen forever.

dutchbstrd
Apr 28, 2004

Kelly posted:

Are you in LLJK?

I sent in an invite to join.

Cute as heck posted:

Oh hey, I AFK'd in your car while I went to go sip lean have eggnog

Good times :)

Yep it was. I particularity enjoyed cruising around in the armored RV.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Thaxxas posted:

I was in on that. That was good fun. Did we end up crashing the server or something?

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

dutchbstrd posted:

I sent in an invite to join.

Yep it was. I particularity enjoyed cruising around in the armored RV.

Just checked...there you were. You're in.

Along with Aoasha and cbeastwood.

Who's TremorX? They aren't in any Goon Crews, but were booted from Goon Street.

The Fresh Prince posted:

I was in on that. That was good fun. Did we end up crashing the server or something?

Must have - I got a "xxx has left" message from just about everyone but malice mixer, paul and someone else in LLJK (I can't recall who).

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010

The Fresh Prince posted:

Yea. I shot you in the face once. oops!

I don't think so unless it happened after I left but now that I'm thinking about it there was a mass exodus of players right after or during our rampage. I cant remember exactly, I was baked and didn't have my headset on. I didn't have any situational awareness during that whole affair, but after it slowed down and there was a bunch of us hanging out under that bridge near the airport I think I decided to log out because work today and I want to have a decent session on the PS4 tonight when I get home.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

When there is a lot of police activity, it often crashes like that. Too many tanks seems to do that as well. Hoping PS4 doesn't have that issue.

Speaking of, I am installing now. I got the message about the update - does that force me to download once the install is done?

And the important question, is it safe to try my online transfer?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I just successfully transfered my 360 character that had not been played since 2013 to PS4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Schroeder91 posted:

I was able to transfer my character finally. Have't played since '13, 360 to PS4. It says pending now, how long does that take?

e: its done already.

No patch for me, not yet. Are you on 1.03?

• Locked thread