Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
I'm waiting for drat Good Crazy to chokeslam Ward for interacting with his daughter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
It's a crazy-off!

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Nice scene there.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Awwww, two weeks!? Why? Thanksgiving?

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Wait, 25 years ago, is the Marvel universe the Black Lodge?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Oh poo poo, Skye's dad's going to wreck the poo poo out of Whitehall and it will be terrifying/amazing.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

This show is so loving good now.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Was there a preview for next week? CTV seems to think people over 14 care about the American Music Awards.

kdrudy posted:

Wait, 25 years ago, is the Marvel universe the Black Lodge?

Funny you should say that, there is a character named Val Cooper who has a brother who is an FBI agent who in the early 90s was investigating a murder in Washington State. Though the New Mutants watch Twin Peaks, so its a reality show in 616?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Coffee Table Lady got her face hosed up and wants some payback.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

twistedmentat posted:

Was there a preview for next week? CTV seems to think people over 14 care about the American Music Awards.

Yes. Most important info, no episode next week.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I really love that people's motivations are properly hidden and there are wheels within wheels.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That was a pretty good de-aged Muad'dib.

Also preview looks like Agent 33 is stuck looking like crazy May.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

BatteredFeltFedora posted:

Coffee Table Lady got her face hosed up and wants some payback.

I originally thought she might end up being Madame Hydra, but Fox might actually own the character rights to her because they used some absolutely stupid bastardized version of her in the Wolverine sequel.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Well there always Madam Masque, who will have a good reason to always wear a metal mask over forever stuck scared face.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
This show should not be rated TV PG

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
Anyone afraid that this show is going to give Ward a half-baked redemption arc can probably stop worrying now. :drat:

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Jamesman posted:

I originally thought she might end up being Madame Hydra, but Fox might actually own the character rights to her because they used some absolutely stupid bastardized version of her in the Wolverine sequel.

They may be okay to use her so long as they refer to her as Madame Hydra only and not Viper. Like with the Quicksilver thing, the rights may not be clear cut.

hcreight fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Nov 19, 2014

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Reset Smith posted:

Anyone afraid that this show is going to give Ward a half-baked redemption arc can probably stop worrying now. :drat:

He'll help Papa Skye kill Whitehall, Papa and Skye will have a touching reunion, Papa will point to Grant as the reason they are together now, Grant and Skye will marry and then they will fly the secret Kree city onto the moon.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Xtanstic posted:

He'll help Papa Skye kill Whitehall, Papa and Skye will have a touching reunion, Papa will point to Grant as the reason they are together now, Grant and Skye will marry and then they will fly the secret Kree city onto the moon.

Only to be defeated by an all star team of TEN RED RANGERS!?!?

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

I could get on board with that

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

What the hell this show is so good now...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Anybody have a screen of the... screen when they got a match for the city? It said something under the green banner, but went by too fast for me to read it...

Argue posted:

Did you guys notice that the cast listing also gives away that Patton Oswalt will be playing yet another Koenig? So we have Eric, Billy, and now Sam.

That was revealed before Season 2 even started, at... NYCC, I think, when they announced that Bobbi would be joining the team.

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Nov 19, 2014

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
The mysterious missions Coulson had the team do were great. It was nice seeing Fitz practicing to try and re-learn skills he hadn't done. With both hands, he did the transceiver assembly in less than five minutes.

Ward dealing with his brother was fantastic and hilarious. When he made Christian confess, I suspected it was being recorded, but I thought it would be for something else.

One thing I liked about Bobbi interrogating Bakashi was that she was in the cell with him, and the interrogation was being watched, meaning that even if Bobbi is brainwashed, Bakashi activating her would be ineffective, so there would be no point in trying.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Really good episode, glad that MacLachlan seemingly being out of character actually had a point. Still wondering why he isn't in next week's episode, though, and what the Chinese villagers were doing in Austria.

Republican Vampire posted:

The fact that the Kree experimented and created superhumans?

I mean that's basically been revealed already. We've seen a Kree. We've seen Kree technology. We've seen that some humans react better genetically and that there's suspicion they may not be entirely human.

Basically their whole mythology short of the Royal family could be introduced prior to the films and just get recapped or exposited on the fly in the movie where it first comes up.

Plus the four years thing is a misnomer and you know it.

Okay, yeah, that's pretty firmly just agree-to-disagree territory about what Marvel Studios proper would and wouldn't allow this show to touch.

But just to be clear, you are saying that those elements would be introduced and defined by a TV show with a comparatively tiny budget two and a half years or so before the film that centers around those elements even begins production. Before the script has been finished, before a director is chosen, before the visual design of Attilan and the classic characters is anywhere near finalized.

As for the four years thing: well, sure, Feige did more or less say that there would be Inhumans setup of some kind in the MCU sooner than November 2018. If you meant you expect that that refers to a pre-November 2018 film in addition to this show rather than just the latter, then my mistake.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

The mysterious missions Coulson had the team do were great. It was nice seeing Fitz practicing to try and re-learn skills he hadn't done. With both hands, he did the transceiver assembly in less than five minutes.

Ward dealing with his brother was fantastic and hilarious. When he made Christian confess, I suspected it was being recorded, but I thought it would be for something else.

One thing I liked about Bobbi interrogating Bakashi was that she was in the cell with him, and the interrogation was being watched, meaning that even if Bobbi is brainwashed, Bakashi activating her would be ineffective, so there would be no point in trying.

Honestly I am thinking it not Bobbi who got brainwashed but Simons. She reacted a bit to the idea of brainwashing earlier in the episode. And the fact Bobbi even recites the keyword to activate the sleeper agent to mock him in the cell.

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

Barry Convex posted:

But just to be clear, you are saying that those elements would be introduced and defined by a TV show with a comparatively tiny budget two and a half years or so before the film that centers around those elements even begins production. Before the script has been finished, before a director is chosen, before the visual design of Attilan and the classic characters is anywhere near finalized.
I'm saying the show could introduce the broad strokes, yeah. Gosh, I mean, it seems like you're forgetting that Agents of Shield showed a Kree before the movies did. Also, I mean... Obviously they're thinking that far ahead in terms of visual design and narrative considering that we're already hearing about directors for Avengers 3. So obviously it's a process that can be ongoing as they keep things vague in the TV show until things are more settled.

e: Also of course I think it'll turn up in a film prior to the Inhumans film. God, like I said earlier: the whole of Phase 3 barring Dr. Strange seems to be about the Cosmic in general (and the Kree in particular) joining up with the mainstream superhero movies. We already know there's going to be a lot of cross-film stuff based on what's been disclosed.

Republican Vampire fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Nov 19, 2014

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Barry Convex posted:

Really good episode, glad that MacLachlan seemingly being out of character actually had a point. Still wondering why he isn't in next week's episode, though, and what the Chinese villagers were doing in Austria.

Okay, yeah, that's pretty firmly just agree-to-disagree territory about what Marvel Studios proper would and wouldn't allow this show to touch.

As for the four years thing: well, sure, Feige did more or less say that there would be Inhumans setup of some kind in the MCU sooner than November 2018. If you meant you expect that that refers to a pre-November 2018 film in addition to this show rather than just the latter, then my mistake.

Ok then, do you believe this story arc has anything to do with the Kree visiting Earth at all (for any reason)?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

e X posted:

Yes. Most important info, no episode next week.

Its that weird American Thanksgiving thing where you eat sweet potatoes and marshmallows isn't it?

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

S2 has really, really stepped up the pacing with this Kree stuff. If this were S1, they wouldn't have found the city for at least five or six episodes after it was introduced as a MacGuffin.

ToastyPotato posted:

Ok then, do you believe this story arc has anything to do with the Kree visiting Earth at all (for any reason)?

Of course it does. Doesn't necessarily mean Inhumans, and for what it's worth, several of the hints we've gotten (the Kree considering the city "home," their intent being to conquer or exterminate humanity) don't really match the 616 backstory for the Inhumans, either. Though this isn't 616, so I won't claim that those are proof I'm right here.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Rirse posted:

Honestly I am thinking it not Bobbi who got brainwashed but Simons. She reacted a bit to the idea of brainwashing earlier in the episode. And the fact Bobbi even recites the keyword to activate the sleeper agent to mock him in the cell.

It could be, but the reason why I doubt that is that in a scene from 2x03, where Whitehall and Bakashi were talking to each other, Bakashi said that he did think Simmons was trustworthy. Between that scene and Simmons picture appearing on every computer, it was never shown or suggested that they'd changed their minds and decided to brainwash her.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Barry Convex posted:

S2 has really, really stepped up the pacing with this Kree stuff. If this were S1, they wouldn't have found the city for at least five or six episodes after it was introduced as a MacGuffin.

Of course it does. Doesn't necessarily mean Inhumans, and for what it's worth, several of the hints we've gotten (the Kree considering the city "home," their intent being to conquer or exterminate humanity) don't really match the 616 backstory for the Inhumans, either. Though this isn't 616, so I won't claim that those are proof I'm right here.

So why is it far fetched to introduce backstory of one major "alien" faction in the MCU (Inhumans) before their film in 2018, but not farfetched for this to be Kree related backstory, considering they have barely been introduced in the movies? How do you accept that Marvel Studios is letting the low budget TV show reveal that they have visited Earth (something important to Captain Marvel and the Inhumans, possibly) done stuff, and built an ancient facility?

Captain Marvel is a movie that is also happening in or around 2018. This is basically going to be a Kree movie, given the subject matter. Or at the very least, whatever film introduces the character will be a Kree heavy film (since Marvel isn't wasting entire movies on origins anymore apparently.)

Basically, why is it improbable for this to be Inhuman related, but not Kree related, when both factions are going to be pivotal to feature films in the future?

VBane
Oct 31, 2011
The second I saw Sierra dragged into the room I was hoping she'd live to appear in more future episodes...

Not looking very likely. :(

Really hoping the guy that played Viktor comes on board the show for at least a few episodes. Guy is a gifted mimic and thats great for this show.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

TARDISman posted:

"Tesseract level power?"

"Sure! ...I don't know what that is."

Skye's dad :allears:

TARDISman posted:

Oh poo poo, Skye's dad's going to wreck the poo poo out of Whitehall and it will be terrifying/amazing.

Agent Cooper is the right kinds of crazy and he's gonna gently caress some poo poo up.

Codependent Poster posted:

This show is so loving good now.

It will be a good show if it can keep the pace and keep on improving.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Nov 19, 2014

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

ToastyPotato posted:

So why is it far fetched to introduce backstory of one major "alien" faction in the MCU (Inhumans) before their film in 2018, but not farfetched for this to be Kree related backstory, considering they have barely been introduced in the movies? How do you accept that Marvel Studios is letting the low budget TV show reveal that they have visited Earth (something important to Captain Marvel and the Inhumans, possibly) done stuff, and built an ancient facility?

Captain Marvel is a movie that is also happening in or around 2018. This is basically going to be a Kree movie, given the subject matter. Or at the very least, whatever film introduces the character will be a Kree heavy film (since Marvel isn't wasting entire movies on origins anymore apparently.)

Basically, why is it improbable for this to be Inhuman related, but not Kree related, when both factions are going to be pivotal to feature films in the future?

Already answered this a few pages back, though maybe you missed it since it was in an edit.

Anyway: The Kree, at least in the comics, are a huge empire with many dealings across the universe. There is nothing, in and of itself, about the Kree having built some sort of temple on Earth thousands of years ago that would be inherently germane to either Inhumans or Captain Marvel.

Basically, the Kree are just an alien race. The Inhumans, on the other hand, revolve around a specific concept (or rather, set of concepts). The latter is much narrower than the former, and as such it's much, much, harder to see how any non-trivial modicum of exposition could be delivered about them without stepping on the toes of a future film.

I do hope there's some better explanation for GH325 coming, though, because neither the genetic memory element nor the magic healing powers have anything to do with the 616 Kree, or even the two living MCU Kree we've seen.

Barry Convex fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Nov 19, 2014

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Another skip week? God dammit :|

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

twistedmentat posted:

Its that weird American Thanksgiving thing where you eat sweet potatoes and marshmallows isn't it?

No one in my family does that poo poo. :colbert:

But yes. Some Monday and Tuesday shows will air next week, some won't. Depends on the network.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Bullet points:

* ...And that's a stick of Ram. Corsair Vengeance, that blue heatspreader is very distinctive. In a "device". Yes, because nobody knows what a modern motherboard looks like!
* SURPRISE WARD!
* Holy poo poo, I can't tell who's telling the truth
* Aww, Simmons is a Carter fangirl.
* Goddamnit, Whedon, fire your loving prop guy. Your blatant use of Corsair Vengeance mixed with some G.Skill plugged haphazardly into an ASUS motherboard with SATA cables everywhere in Fitz's "transceiver" IS RUINING MY IMMERSION.
* Ocular flashbangs?
* Oh drat, he vivisected her.
* They're going to bang in 3... 2... 1...
* ...and they're banging. Or killing dogs, one or the other.
* JFC, plots inside plots inside plots.
* Oh. Ohhhhh. Ohhhhhhhhhh.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Barry Convex posted:

I do hope there's some better explanation for GH325 coming, though, because neither the genetic memory element nor the magic healing powers have anything to do with the 616 Kree, or even the two living MCU Kree we've seen.

You really need to stop thinking like that because while this is based on stories from comic books this isn't a retelling of those comic books. Just because it's one way in the comics that doesn't mean it can't be different here. We've not seen enough of the Kree in this show or any of the films to form any ideas on what they could possibly be or do.

And while I still think the city is clearly not going to be Atillan I think this episode made a much stronger case for it being Inhuman related.

X-O fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Nov 19, 2014

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Humans discovered that combining the genetic material of a Kree with a human has physical regenerative properities, but causes the subject's mental state to break down trying to reconcile the combination of genetic materials, unless memories are suppressed or reconciliation is eventually resolved. What else really needs to be explained at the moment?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Deadpool posted:

You really need to stop thinking like that because while this is based on stories from comic books this isn't a retelling of those comic books. Just because it's one way in the comics that doesn't mean it can't be different here. We've not seen enough of the Kree in this show or any of the films to form any ideas on what they could possibly be or do.

Well, it would be kinda silly to think that the Guardians could have made everyone on Xandar immortal if they had just somehow kept Ronan's body intact. So I hope that's explained as a property specific to this one Kree, not that it'd likely be mentioned in the films anyway.

• Locked thread