Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
He meant HG God. Which is great, yes, but the RD is even better. :getin:

You'll have to wait for RD Master to come out though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

SALT CURES HAM posted:

How well-articulated are the HGFC Burning Gundam and Master Gundam (w/ Fuunsaiki)? I'm probably getting them on Thursday when I get paid, but the way I want to pose them when I'm done might be a little tricky.

I know the burning at least has crazy articulation, see here: http://www.dalong.net/review/hg/bf18/bf18_p.htm

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
I just really want to have Burning Gundam and Master Gundam do the "LOOK! THE EAST IS BURNING RED!" pose on my shelf, can I do that or am I wasting $50

e: Oh, duh, that's why everyone's confused, I'm talking about the God Gundam. I watched G Gundam dubbed on Toonami so I'm used to calling it the Burning Gundam.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

It depends. If you want to do it on the ground, absolutely not. If you're fine with doing it in the air on some ABs, they can pull of a close approximation.

Sideways lunges aren't really a thing HGs are good at. There's not enough ankle articulation, and the knees usually don't bend far enough. The RDs I mentioned should be able to pull it off just fine though!

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Nov 19, 2014

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
The Master Gundam HG is really good and super poseable, sucks that the ball joint in the waist snapped on mine so I just have him supported in his cloaked pose while I wait for the RD.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
is my only choice for a 1/144 size crossbone vanguard waterslide emblem samueldecal

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

muike posted:

is my only choice for a 1/144 size crossbone vanguard waterslide emblem samueldecal

You could try printing your own if you dare.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
presented for the consideration of the midnight society...the tale of a guy who bought 40 bucks worth of waterslide paper for a square centimeter emblem *tosses non-dairy creamer into fire made from the bones of dickeye's neo zeong*

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

mr. stefan posted:

You could try printing your own if you dare.

Could even steal them from other kits, like I plan on doing eventually. :v:

Some day I'll have the spare cash to throw at making a Bodacious Crossbone. Probably late 2015...

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
I'm not sure how you'd get an opaque yellow & red with a standard inkjet printer. I suppose you could either print a mirror image and paint the colors or use white paper, but either way yeesh.

I'd love to see a metal decal set for the CV emblems but I suppose that would require something like actual demand, and I'm not convinced we'll ever see anything more from the F91 era than we've already got.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
take your decal paper to an actual print stop and use one of their high end printers with the toxic ink and heat curing.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pretty cool frame arms now up for preorder
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=TOY-SCL2-40280&page=top

Its got everything I like, its vaguely asian and can barely stand under the weight of all the weapons

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Holy poo poo that rules

Polikarpov
Jun 1, 2013

Keep it between the buoys

These are the tiniest goddamn stickers but I don't think I hosed it up too badly. The Delta Plus is a rad suit and I need to get it some Jesta posing buddies.

LeadSled
Jan 7, 2008

So, while I'm still waiting for my MG Tallgeese to show up, some of the other supplies I ordered off of Amazon have started to show up. I also stopped by Wal-Mart, and picked up some of that Future floor polish.

I've decided to start touching up the RX-78 3.0 I built earlier in the year, and decided to start applying a coat of Future, for shits and giggles.

Holy poo poo what a difference just adding a top coat gives. The stickers aren't as noticeable now, and it looks better.

I'll post pics once I'm done de-uglifying my Gundam, but drat I feel bad about half-assing this build now. And I thought I did good adding all those drat stickers... half of which peeled off anyways....

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
What's the deal with that future floor polish stuff, anyway? I see it mentioned everywhere!

I guess my questions are:

What does it do?

How do you apply it?

Do you use it as a top coat, or as the last step before the top coat, or as a pre-panel line and decal coat, or what? I guess it's like an acrylic gloss clear coat?

Also,

LeadSled posted:

MG Tallgeese

:swoon:

Frankenstein Dad fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Nov 19, 2014

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

It's an exceedingly convenient acrylic gloss coat, yes. You can brush or spray it, it's self-leveling so you've got a lot of options.

runwiled
Feb 21, 2011

Frankenstein Dad posted:

What's the deal with that future floor polish stuff, anyway? I see it mentioned everywhere!

I guess my questions are:

What does it do?

How do you apply it?

Do you use it as a top coat, or as the last step before the top coat, or as a pre-panel line and decal coat, or what? I guess it's like an acrylic gloss clear coat?

I also throw in this link again, since there's a lot of confusion about what this stuff is called in different territories.

http://www.swannysmodels.com/TheCompleteFuture.html

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
Wow, it does EVERYTHING.

Thanks for the explanations.

Frankenstein Dad fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Nov 19, 2014

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

Fauxtool posted:

Pretty cool frame arms now up for preorder
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=TOY-SCL2-40280&page=top

Its got everything I like, its vaguely asian and can barely stand under the weight of all the weapons

Oh wow that's cool. I've never bought a frame arms before, I considered the Doulger but ended up not buying it.

Pretty sure I'll need to grab this though.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Samba De Amigo posted:

Oh wow that's cool. I've never bought a frame arms before, I considered the Doulger but ended up not buying it.

Pretty sure I'll need to grab this though.

To be fair I have one of the older kits but it has really poor colour separation. So be prepared to paint.

That said they could have gotten better since.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Luminaflare posted:

To be fair I have one of the older kits but it has really poor colour separation. So be prepared to paint.

That said they could have gotten better since.

They're much better than they used to be, certainly (check out the Baselard on Dalong for an example). That's the Magatsuki with a new colour scheme, shoulder drapes, gun, outer leg thrusters, and bow-shield-thing. The Dalong review shows it unpainted so you can get an idea of the difference; it's mostly around the knees, the swords, and a couple of bits on the head. From the look of that image, it wouldn't surprise me if most of the gold (certainly all on the rifle and some on the shoulder drapes, possibly some on the leg thrusters) is paint rather than plastic. It's nowhere near as stark as some of the older kits, but it's more than the Wilbur Nine/Second Jive, which need little more than the shoulder tips painted.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

DigitalRaven posted:

They're much better than they used to be, certainly (check out the Baselard on Dalong for an example). That's the Magatsuki with a new colour scheme, shoulder drapes, gun, outer leg thrusters, and bow-shield-thing. The Dalong review shows it unpainted so you can get an idea of the difference; it's mostly around the knees, the swords, and a couple of bits on the head. From the look of that image, it wouldn't surprise me if most of the gold (certainly all on the rifle and some on the shoulder drapes, possibly some on the leg thrusters) is paint rather than plastic. It's nowhere near as stark as some of the older kits, but it's more than the Wilbur Nine/Second Jive, which need little more than the shoulder tips painted.

That's good to know. I don't know too much about frame arms so originally when I was looking at the Doulger earlier this year I was kind of wary.

Considering the Baselard was released about a full year earlier then the Doulger shouldn't be too bad. I might consider grabbing it when I pre-order the new Magatsuki, the reviews I see of it don't look that bad.

That or maybe the Zelfikar.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
Gird your loins and guard your wallets
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SNWs94vGf0

Also, what are the thoughts on this lovely Chinese compressor with a tank? I have the really small version of this, but I've noticed that at lower pressure, after about 10-12 seconds of sustained airbrushing it'll spurt out at full pressure. Not so good for even topcoating or painting down the road. http://www.amazon.com/AIRBRUSH-COMP...rush+compressor

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

MJP posted:

Also, what are the thoughts on this lovely Chinese compressor with a tank? I have the really small version of this, but I've noticed that at lower pressure, after about 10-12 seconds of sustained airbrushing it'll spurt out at full pressure. Not so good for even topcoating or painting down the road. http://www.amazon.com/AIRBRUSH-COMP...rush+compressor

That's the compressor that gets recommended all the time in the miniature painting thread in Trad games. If you have airbrush questions that's a good place to go, a lot of the techniques and advice is exactly the same, provided you're sticking to acrylic paints.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
Well, there's your third form.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Samba De Amigo posted:

That's good to know. I don't know too much about frame arms so originally when I was looking at the Doulger earlier this year I was kind of wary.

Considering the Baselard was released about a full year earlier then the Doulger shouldn't be too bad. I might consider grabbing it when I pre-order the new Magatsuki, the reviews I see of it don't look that bad.

That or maybe the Zelfikar.

The Doulger is the same base as the Magatsuki with different runners for the head/chest/weapon and a different default configuration of all the extra armour. As such, it wants about the same amount of paint if you want to make it look like the box-shots. If you don't mind that, the colour separation's great on its own.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Mecha Gojira posted:

Well, there's your third form.

I missed something, what the hell is the third form because all I saw was Unicorn and Destroy.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

MJP posted:

Oh god that's cool.
If I got it it'd never ever leave Unicorn mode, though.
So, uh, how's the HGUC Unicorn Mode?

Literally The Worst posted:

I missed something, what the hell is the third form because all I saw was Unicorn and Destroy.

Destroy Unchained.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

everythingWasBees posted:

Oh god that's cool.

Destroy Unchained.

HG UC Unicorn is pretty good, I've had some mild issues with the arms popping off when I play with it, but it's pretty solid otherwise. Get the full armor kit or you'll just get the bazooka and not the cool as hell beam magnum.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

Destroy Unchained.

Destroy 2: NT-D Boogaloo

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Oh god that's cool.

Destroy Unchained.

I meant what differentiates it

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
some more panels flip out on the legs, chest, shoulders, arms, and butt, leading to a yet less cohesive looking robot

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

And some extra psychoframe panels fold out on the top of the head, just for that little extra touch.

Honestly? I'm loving that third form. I can't afford it just yet because china gunpla are eating my life away, but it's jumped to the top of the list quick. Now I just need to grab an HGUC Unicorn to see what clear blue on pink psychoframe looks like.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

MJP posted:

... Cool video, but that design still just does nothing for me. :shrug:

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

W.T. Fits posted:

That's fine. More Perfect Grade Unicorn for me.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

W.T. Fits posted:

I'm more or less in the same boat. I bought MG FA Unicorn, but that was mostly for lead Gundam collection purposes. Granted, the PG looks considerably better in proportions, but nothing about it is making me go "HERE'S MY MONEY!".

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

This motherfucker is so much fun to pose.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Not sure what I was expecting from a third Unicorn form, but Destroy Unchained probably wasn't it.

I will probably never own a PG because my favorite designs will never be popular enough to make it to 1/60.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
Destroy Unchained is cool, I guess, but I was kinda hoping for Gerwalk.

Is there anything out there like a perfect grade VF-1? In both size and detail.

Edit:

BlitzBlast posted:

I will probably never own a PG because my favorite designs will never be popular enough to make it to 1/60.

I'm currently working on a plan to convince my wife to let me buy a Glorious Series Gouf.