Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
The new Affirmation Nation is out and it's pretty great. There wasn't anything as insane as last week's suicide PSA, but it's as solid as you'd expect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Both segments of Hollywood Handbook were killer this week - Uh, actually I take back calling them "killer"...that's...that's too scary.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

n8r posted:

Who charted can be hit or miss but two charted has been just killing it for the last few months.
Oh agreed, it's what got me to be a regular listener. Howard is slowly becoming my spirit animal.

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Both segments of Hollywood Handbook were killer this week - Uh, actually I take back calling them "killer"...that's...that's too scary.
I say possibly episode of the year. The first scare, 87 minutes of nothing, then a final scare. The musical cues killed me. Just an excellent bit. "It's a college movie. It's an undercover movie. It's a horror. It's a thriller"

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Sooo remember Harris going to rehab for opiates and benzos? Turns out it was a Scientology rehab center. Also turns out he relapsed and went again. Also turns out he relapsed again and started shooting heroin :/

Listen to the new you made it weird. Lots of fun stories about being robbed at MacArthur park multiple times in the same day.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Sooo remember Harris going to rehab for opiates and benzos? Turns out it was a Scientology rehab center. Also turns out he relapsed and went again. Also turns out he relapsed again and started shooting heroin :/

jesus christ, harris

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Listen to the new you made it weird. Lots of fun stories about being robbed at MacArthur park multiple times in the same day.

He's loving cool

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

He's like a regular Walter White over here

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Help Im Alive posted:

He's like a regular Walter White over here

:vince:

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
I want a howard / male friend show because he's way funnier whenever kulap leaves the room and he starts poo poo talking everyone.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Ugggh, that's awful. You hear about that through the grapevine?

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

ManoliIsFat posted:

Ugggh, that's awful. You hear about that through the grapevine?

quote:

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

gently caress, this is really awful. Way back when I first started listening to Comedy Death Ray Radio, Harris was one of the first guys I really latched on to and got really into as a comedian. His issues with this stuff really strike me deep and I cannot say enough about how terrible it is tha

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Listen to the new you made it weird.
nm worth it

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Oh lol, thanks. http://www.nerdist.com/pepisode/you-made-it-weird-236-harris-wittels-returns/ The you made it weird page was showing 235 so I was confused who this dude telling stories about my boy Harris was.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

cams posted:

gently caress, this is really awful. Way back when I first started listening to Comedy Death Ray Radio, Harris was one of the first guys I really latched on to and got really into as a comedian. His issues with this stuff really strike me deep and I cannot say enough about how terrible it is tha

nm worth it

Yeah, I hate hearing that the guy fell so far into addiction but holy poo poo, these are some funny stories.

"That's when I decided to make the jump to heroin.

Well, then I thought - 'How do you get heroin?'"

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It looks like Lauren Lapkus' podcast thing starts on Friday according to her Twitter

cams
Mar 28, 2003

^^eat a dick

I don't want to slow down the Harris Wittels Train(wreck) Discussion, but

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

You're saying this is going to get better than Pianu Keys?

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

I want a howard / male friend show because he's way funnier whenever kulap leaves the room and he starts poo poo talking everyone.

This is for you: http://www.feralaudio.com/9-howard-kremer/

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.

Nice... cool....

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

When Harris first mentioned heroin, I thought it was a joke answer. I hope he stays clean, we need more foam corners on CBB. :ohdear:

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

cams posted:

nm worth it

I'm in the same boat. Harris was a guy I immediately related to. Unsurprisingly I've also been to rehab, but hey at least I didn't relapse and upgrade to heroin. Hopefully he gets real control over himself again, he's only 30.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Nov 20, 2014

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Teach me to shoot up, I'll drive you to get that rash checked out. Disgusting.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Harris' stories about MacArthur Park and Skid Row were some straight up Hamsterdam poo poo.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I don't know, I've seen or read accounts of heroin addiction that were a lot more soul-destroyingly awful but the part about him almost joining Scientology for his girlfriend really got to me for some reason.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Jon Gabrus trying to promote his new prank show while not trashing it is the most hilarious part of a hilarious I4H.

http://www.trutv.com/shows/hair-jacked/index.html

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
God that sounds amazing. I think I'm going to have to brave Pete Holmes' terribleness.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I like Pete Holmes when he's bugging Doug Benson, but I just can't stand You Made It Weird.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Illinois Smith posted:

I don't know, I've seen or read accounts of heroin addiction that were a lot more soul-destroyingly awful but the part about him almost joining Scientology for his girlfriend really got to me for some reason.

"I signed the Scientology contract, I gave them $700...I left...I thought 'What the gently caress did I just do?'"

Seriously, it was the funniest story of a guy actively making poor decisions that had the potential to ruin his life that I've ever heard.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Jesus Christ. I want them to watch this and do a scene off of it next time Jon is on.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

I can't imagine the open revolt that would happen around here if PFT started a new podcast while the Pod F Tompkast laid dormant

cams
Mar 28, 2003

The Senator Giroux posted:

I can't imagine the open revolt that would happen around here if PFT started a new podcast while the Pod F Tompkast laid dormant
Bout to drop some serious blasphemy.

The Pod F Tompkast is a huge waste of PFT's amazing improvisational and conversational skills and I would LOVE IT if he started a new podcast that was just him talking to people. Or playing characters with other people. Whatever.

PS, I think it's a bad idea to have PFT on the first episode of your new podcast because PFT could make ANYTHING amazing. I can't tell the objective quality of this new podcast!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
It's wrong to compare the new Lapkast to the ADPPP, but I think what really made the latter special was how it further built the world of some dumb guy who barged into the CBB studio one time. You really got to see what Hotdog cared about. Without that, the onstensible podcast she's guesting on feels undefined and unimportant. I mean, they're both just a feature length audio file of improv people talking to one another, but I legit enjoyed hearing Chip Gardner in his element.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
I haven't listened to CBB since #289 and I don't have the time to catchup. Are there any notably brilliant episodes or should I just pick back up with the current one?

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Mr. Squishy posted:

It's wrong to compare the new Lapkast to the ADPPP, but I think what really made the latter special was how it further built the world of some dumb guy who barged into the CBB studio one time. You really got to see what Hotdog cared about. Without that, the onstensible podcast she's guesting on feels undefined and unimportant. I mean, they're both just a feature length audio file of improv people talking to one another, but I legit enjoyed hearing Chip Gardner in his element.

PFT didn't explore this avenue too deeply, but I think the various directions the guests could go with their own personal one-off podcasts (while interviewing Lapkus) will be what potentially keeps this podcast interesting.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

101 posted:

I haven't listened to CBB since #289 and I don't have the time to catchup. Are there any notably brilliant episodes or should I just pick back up with the current one?

300. Listen to 300.

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

monster gently caress part 3

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

cams posted:

Bout to drop some serious blasphemy.

The Pod F Tompkast is a huge waste of PFT's amazing improvisational and conversational skills and I would LOVE IT if he started a new podcast that was just him talking to people. Or playing characters with other people. Whatever.

PS, I think it's a bad idea to have PFT on the first episode of your new podcast because PFT could make ANYTHING amazing. I can't tell the objective quality of this new podcast!

But the combination of the voice he uses and Eban Schletter's music makes the Pod F. Tompkast so goddamn perfect to listen to at night.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

ArtVandelay posted:

300. Listen to 300.
And 301, incredibly important

whiggles
Dec 19, 2003

TEAM EDWARD
That has to be have been a record for least words spoken by Pete Holmes on a podcast, he did a great job finding common ground in a world that he seems to have no experience in. The story itself was absolutely incredible, heart-wrenching, and well told. Good on harris for putting it out there and letting others gleam something from his experiences. I hope with all my heart that he manages to stay clean and make more comedy for me to enjoy on long commutes.

Highlight for me was two separate dealers calling him out for wearing "cop shoes" while trying to score heroin at a needle exchange.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
Pete Holmes is an insufferable idiot with a terrible fake laugh, but it was totally worth it for Harris' stories.

Welp, I shoot heroin now - Harris Wittels.