Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013
Would one of you kind souls mind evolving my Pumpkaboo with me? IGN is Plasbad, same as here. FC: 3480-2677-1383

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Hey haven't been keeping up with this at all, have they announced which Pokemon are version exclusive yet?

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

pandaK posted:

Hey haven't been keeping up with this at all, have they announced which Pokemon are version exclusive yet?

Not yet, which is more than a little weird since we're two days from release. All we have to go on are the original game's exclusives, but those don't help much.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Geostomp posted:

Not yet, which is more than a little weird since we're two days from release. All we have to go on are the original game's exclusives, but those don't help much.

What if there are no version exclusive 'mons this time around and both games get the full list :eyepop:

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

pandaK posted:

What if there are no version exclusive 'mons this time around and both games get the full list :eyepop:

No. We already know Zangoose and Seviper are exclusive to Ruby and Sapphire, respectively, plus of course Kyogre and Groudon.

And I don't know why we WOULD know all of the exclusives, anyway. The games aren't even out yet.

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

less laughter posted:

Latest rumblings are actually that there are no version exclusive Mega Stones, which I really hope is true.

Considering Amazon has a bundle that gives you "200 potions" for buying both of the games, it could actually be that way.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

LAY-ZX posted:

And I don't know why we WOULD know all of the exclusives, anyway. The games aren't even out yet.

Street date was broken in some locations several days ago already. That's why we already know all the items in the game (including the names of all the new Mega Stones) and such.

Overview of the leaks so far: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/792673-pokemon-omega-ruby/70610959

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

We know the mega stones because the demo was datamined. People have only been getting these games the past day or so, but I imagine that's all the info hackers need to get stuff. Fine by me, since I'm not getting these games for another week, I'll know this info anyway.

In any case, there's a stream :siren:here:siren: with a Taiwanese guy reaching Route 114. OH MY GOD THE MUSIC.

Also, the Itemfinder gives you bug eyes on the top of your head that light up depending how close you are to an item, it's fantastic.

Crosspeice fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Nov 19, 2014

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I meant mono-Ice :v: Mamoswine and Weavile are cool dudes.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

less laughter posted:

Street date was broken in some locations several days ago already. That's why we already know all the items in the game (including the names of all the new Mega Stones) and such.

Yes, but knowing the version exclusives would require at least some of those people to have bought both versions, completed them, and tracked down every single Pokemon in both games to know which ones are exclusive. I mean there's also the much simpler "Lotad is on this route, Seedot is not", but I sure as hell wouldn't bother doing that poo poo while playing a brand new game and don't even pretend you would.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

LAY-ZX posted:

Yes, but knowing the version exclusives would require at least some of those people to have bought both versions, completed them, and tracked down every single Pokemon in both games to know which ones are exclusive.

They look in the data. Probably pretty easy, now that they're used to the XY engine and demo.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Crosspeice posted:

They look in the data. Probably pretty easy, now that they're used to the XY engine and demo.

Who says the people who have the game can do this?

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

I couldn't get a Diancie code, how boned am I? Very?

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Considering we know the level up moves of the Pokemon, egg moves, a clear model of Hoopa's new form, a full item list and their icons, I think it's safe to say that people have gotten stuff from the code.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

:(

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

BOOOOOOOOOO

HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

What is this garbage

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Pentaro posted:

There will probably be fifteen more opportunities to get it in Japan. There will probably not be any more elsewhere. We're hosed.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I just want a battle frontier again :(

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

http://imgur.com/a/oLueh#lKVrM0m

RIP

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs

you had one job Gamefreak

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Okay, I've heard unconfirmed reports that you can't trade items at all from X/Y to ORAS.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Alright, time to face up against copy paste sisters again.

Seriously, is this a timed thing like the demo? DLC? An apology that they didn't have time to make it? Sequel hook? What the gently caress?

Neo_Crimson posted:

Okay, I've heard unconfirmed reports that you can't trade items at all from X/Y to ORAS.

You can, just not from ORAS to XY, for obvious reasons.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Crosspeice posted:

Alright, time to face up against copy paste sisters again.

Seriously, is this a timed thing like the demo? DLC? An apology that they didn't have time to make it? Sequel hook? What the gently caress?

Delta Emerald, coming soon

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

The Bible posted:

My team is all bred, EV trained, and ready to roll.

Buneary
Cleffa
Rogenrolla
Starmie
Magnemite
Elgyem

Team Cosmos is ready for Hoenn.

Dang, I need to spend some time EV training today. My copy should get here tomorrow, #teamruby

Crosspeice posted:

You can, just not from ORAS to XY, for obvious reasons.

How?

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
But is there something akin to the Looker missions? I would find it difficult to care any less than I already do about how they package the obligatory rng cheating gauntlet.

Lanark
May 14, 2007

Don't feel sorry for yourself. Only assholes do that.

Pentaro posted:

Not at all, because I have an extra! I don't have PMs, but post your email and I'll send it over.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Someone translate.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Blhue posted:

But is there something akin to the Looker missions? I would find it difficult to care any less than I already do about how they package the obligatory rng cheating gauntlet.
I think Episode Delta is Ruby and Sapphire's equivalent of the Looker Missions.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

mabels big day posted:

Someone translate.

hmm is that a model of the Battle Frontier? Looks like its coming later.

e: I did some googling:

"Battle Frontier Facility No. 1: Battle Tower construction model."

"It's planning to be upgraded into a special facility called Battle Frontier!"

Kakarot fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Nov 19, 2014

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

what do all those weird scribbles say

Frankly
Jan 7, 2013
What's going on? Is there no battle frontier in the games?

That super sucks, the only parts of the original Emerald I missed were the weather (flat internal battery) and the Frontier (tried sending some monsters to my Platinum save with the flat internal battery, R.I.P. Cacturne, Regice :sigh:)

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012

Zeike posted:

hmm is that a model of the Battle Frontier? Looks like its coming later.

I hate reading korean/english but yes. that's the model of battle frontier. Nothing much else important that i can figure out. Just a guy talking about the facility- And through the facility, you'll be able to power up? Its been a while sorry.

cancerianmoth fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Nov 19, 2014

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Weep.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

As long as the battle frontier comes by the time I've had my fill of contests I'll be happy. And as long as the facilities are verbatim to emerald.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Such a tragedy.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

what the gently caress

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Good. Gambling to get TMs sucks. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

As a European I apologize to everyone for this great Game Corner travesty.

(Guess GF were too lazy to make some kind of replacement)

• Locked thread