Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will you #JoinTheForce?
I already have
I want to I just don't know how
Only if they sign Sid
#JoinTheForce
View Results

• Locked thread
Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

pathetic little tramp posted:

I have never really seen Japanese Wrestling outside of a few YouTube videos, but this sounds interesting and I do like Jim Ross - is this the japanese company with the razor ramon hard gay guy and also the guy in the freaky japanese mask that kind of looks like a sex doll?

Oh and is this the company with the sex doll?

no, that'd DDT, this is the one with the guys dropping each other on their heads a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I remember reading a report from WON or PWT that said that West had read a large chunk of negative feedback TNA was getting for their PPV's, and determined that some of them HAD to be plants. Now, if Russo said this, I'd chalk it up to ego.

But with West, I feel like it was genuine, childlike enthusiasm for the product. The guy quite frankly deserves better than TNA.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Yuriy posted:

no, that'd DDT, this is the one with the guys dropping each other on their heads a lot
DDT Pro has the sex doll and the homosexual who molests other males

HUSTLE is the one with the bondage guy, his name is Hard Gay and he's a sort of TV celebrity in Japan.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Flameingblack posted:

HUSTLE is the one with the bondage guy, his name is Hard Gay and he's a sort of TV celebrity in Japan.

you're 100% right, god i miss mark coleman in hustle (thanks hehu for showing me this)

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Yuriy posted:

you're 100% right, god i miss mark coleman in hustle (thanks hehu for showing me this)

Have you seen Mark Coleman and Kevin Randleman vs Jan Nortje and Great Khali dressed up as masked convicts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTMD6LbuIVg

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

big popa pump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT8xfI50rYg

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

you know

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Jeff Jarrett brought in english commentary and Scott Steiner - he pretty much knows exactly how to draw me in

Global Force is more legit in my mind than TNA already

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

I have never really seen Japanese Wrestling outside of a few YouTube videos, but this sounds interesting and I do like Jim Ross - is this the japanese company with the razor ramon hard gay guy and also the guy in the freaky japanese mask that kind of looks like a sex doll?

Oh and is this the company with the sex doll?

The guy in the freaky japanese mask that kind of looks like a sex doll must be The Great Muta?

and this is hilarious.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Flameingblack posted:

Razor Ramon Hard Gay (hadogei) wants you to call your dad

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Numero6 posted:

The guy in the freaky japanese mask that kind of looks like a sex doll must be The Great Muta?

and this is hilarious.

Think he means kikutaro

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
That makes more sense.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

West and Tenay were absolutely the best thing in TNA. Regardless of how dumb anything was, they would try 100% to bluff it out and talk it up.

Let's not get crazy. Don West was a guy who was very fun at times, very passionate and a great salesman. Most of the time his commentary was like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyJU8As8hyQ

Terrible acting with awkward delivery. He shouldn't be calling the Tokyo Dome.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

MassRafTer posted:

Let's not get crazy. Don West was a guy who was very fun at times, very passionate and a great salesman. Most of the time his commentary was like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyJU8As8hyQ

Terrible acting with awkward delivery. He shouldn't be calling the Tokyo Dome.

However he SHOULD be the guy to bring KinPuro cards to America. Him and Stan Hansen.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Yuriy posted:

Think he means kikutaro

That's the one I was thinking of! I thought he dressed up like Bret Hart, though, for some reason.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

That's the one I was thinking of! I thought he dressed up like Bret Hart, though, for some reason.

He did that too

ZixTheYeti
Jul 12, 2005

Hellarious!
That's part of his comedy schtick. He dresses up as other wrestlers and characters from time to time. Someone had a pic of him as Cactus Jack as their av for a while too.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Cyber Monday sale on all trucker hats JIM ROSS JIM ROSS JIM ROSS PLEASE BUY OUR PPV FOR $35.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

ZixTheYeti posted:

That's part of his comedy schtick. He dresses up as other wrestlers and characters from time to time. Someone had a pic of him as Cactus Jack as their av for a while too.

Which was from a brilliant match between him and Samoa Joe, with Mick Foley cheering Kikutasu Jack on.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

Which was from a brilliant match between him and Samoa Joe, with Mick Foley cheering Kikutasu Jack on.

The best part is that, as Joe is roughing him up, he can't help but crack and laugh a few times. Tremendous.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

JR and Scott Steiner on commentary would make me flip over to hear them.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Does Jarrett even have a match on the card any more with Yoshi's injury? If not I could see him saving a few bucks by doing colour.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

:lol: rip Jeff Jarrett, smarks are going to be the only ones buying the Jeff Jarrett Tokyo Dome PPV and now you can sign up for the NJPW World for ¥999

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Luigi Thirty posted:

:lol: rip Jeff Jarrett, smarks are going to be the only ones buying the Jeff Jarrett Tokyo Dome PPV and now you can sign up for the NJPW World for ¥999

lots of people still want english commentary

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Spermgod posted:

lots of people still want english commentary

Yeah I have enough friends that are interested enough in the product and it's going to be a lot easier to introduce them to it via the English PPV than NJPWWorld, so I'm going to be doing that.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MassRafTer posted:

Don West had me convinced Beanie Babies were a good investment as I showed old videos of his on a preshow.

:lol:

I know a guy in law school who hated Don West because of that. He apparently bought some and alas no increase in value.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

ZixTheYeti posted:

You rang?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Big Dave said that Jeff Jarrett wants 10-12,000 buys for Tokyo Dome. He talked about it and the NJPW TV show on AXS on Saturday's Sin Limite. He thinks that NJPW World will hurt the buyrate but not critically because the market for the English PPV is people who don't watch NJPW, not NJPW diehards.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Luigi Thirty posted:

Big Dave said that Jeff Jarrett wants 10-12,000 buys for Tokyo Dome. He talked about it and the NJPW TV show on AXS on Saturday's Sin Limite. He thinks that NJPW World will hurt the buyrate but not critically because the market for the English PPV is people who don't watch NJPW, not NJPW diehards.

I'm all for anything that will expand the fanbase, but I seriously doubt that many people who are currently unfamiliar with the product are going to give a new federation with no wrestlers they've heard of outside of possibly AJ Styles a try simply because JR is announcing it.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Thauros posted:

I'm all for anything that will expand the fanbase, but I seriously doubt that many people who are currently unfamiliar with the product are going to give a new federation with no wrestlers they've heard of outside of possibly AJ Styles a try simply because JR is announcing it.

And even then, AJ is a fairly negligible draw in this context. I mean, he's a name because of TNA. TNA don't do good numbers. And I don't see even most TNA fans buying this show.

Still wish them all the luck in the world if only to make NJPW bigger.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

people bought an MMA PPV with 0.25 names on it because JR & Chael Sonnen did play-by-play for it, don't know how many buys it got but there was certainly interest generated on that alone.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

masato tatanka posted:

people bought an MMA PPV with 0.25 names on it because JR & Chael Sonnen did play-by-play for it, don't know how many buys it got but there was certainly interest generated on that alone.

MMA has a greater existing cache with PPV buyers than wrestling does right now.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

masato tatanka posted:

That a follow up show with JR and Chael wasn't booked is a pretty good sign it bombed.

Edit: Bombed in the relative sense that the interest they brought didn't translate into enough business to cover their cost. I'm sure the show did more buys on PPV with them than without.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Dec 15, 2014

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
I'm still really skeptical of Matt Striker being a part of the broadcast, but I loved the breakdown he did about the IWGP Jr Tag Match.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awrwhBd8J1Q

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

Striker is a huge fan and will be really knowledgeable it's just that it's going to be cringe worthy when he says stuff actually out loud on broadcast.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Everyone just take a minute to imagine Matt "I'm marking out bro" Striker actually saying the words "Suzukigun Ichiban" out loud.

Just let that sink in.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Everyone just take a minute to imagine Matt "I'm marking out bro" Striker actually saying the words "Suzukigun Ichiban" out loud.

Just let that sink in.

He's the most most miserable person alive...bro.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Just let that sink in.

what emotions am i supposed to be feeling because mostly i dont care

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

i like matt striker, he's good on lucha underground

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
He was utterly terrible on that House of Hardcore show with the Young Bucks Vs The Hardy Boyz.

• Locked thread