Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

ChaosArgate posted:

Out of curiosity, if I play Tag Climax with someone who has verse cards that I don't, can they pick those cards?

You both need the cards to play them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001

Rosa is fun as hell

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

God drat, its not like platinum doesn't already know this but those huge rendered statues they model for their games' platinum/pure platinum ranks are so gorgeous to look at it's super satisfying to look at them once you're earned them.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

ChaosArgate posted:

Out of curiosity, if I play Tag Climax with someone who has verse cards that I don't, can they pick those cards?

As far as I know, the verse cards you can pick depends on what player 1 has unlocked.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The dream has been realized

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I'd sleep on it.

Holy poo poo at that part where Rodin joins you. I barely killed anything, he kept using that area of effect attack. That's not taking it easy Rodin, that's kill stealing!

Is it me or are those chainsaws really strong. And I have chainsaws on my hands and feet. :shepface: This game...

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

I know this has already been discussed but seeing as there's no OP; what are the advantages to playing bayonetta first? Is it the nintendo costumes? I want to replay 1 but I also kinda want to just dive into 2.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

JoeGlassJAw posted:

I know this has already been discussed but seeing as there's no OP; what are the advantages to playing bayonetta first? Is it the nintendo costumes? I want to replay 1 but I also kinda want to just dive into 2.

There's no carryover, if that's what you're asking. Feel free to dive straight into 2 if you want to.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

ChaosArgate posted:

I don't think so.

SurrealityCheck
Sep 15, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrNDZtfNlpc

YOU ARE COMPLETELY DISREGARDING THE LABOR THEORY OF VALUE
YOU ARE A BARNACLE

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

JoeGlassJAw posted:

None; you've seen the story and characters of Bayo 1, and Bayo 2 is better in every single way.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Darth TNT posted:

I'd sleep on it.

Holy poo poo at that part where Rodin joins you. I barely killed anything, he kept using that area of effect attack. That's not taking it easy Rodin, that's kill stealing!

Is it me or are those chainsaws really strong. And I have chainsaws on my hands and feet. :shepface: This game...

They are really loving powerful. But they don't have wicked weaves.

Chainsaw/whip is my favorite combo right now. Witch time -> whip slam -> chainsaw all day.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Darth TNT posted:

I'd sleep on it.

Turns out angel and demon alike have the same weakness. Chainsaw to the dick.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1d3VxjzHtI

i beat the game

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Spite posted:

They are really loving powerful. But they don't have wicked weaves.

Chainsaw/whip is my favorite combo right now. Witch time -> whip slam -> chainsaw all day.

I want to use the whips, but I can't quite fit them in. :smith: The weapons are too awesome for their own good. Unlike in the first game where I hated Scarsborough fair, Love is blue are totally awesome. So I have one combo that is Love is blue with swords and one that is currently all chainsaw all day.
Basically, run at the enemy shooting, start combo switch to chainsaws bath in a stream of halos.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Why is my apparent skill at the game inversely proportional to Bayonetta's health?

I am halfway through Nonstop Infinite Climax and the green lollies are all that's keeping me going. I don't think I'm good enough to play as Jeanne but I also think the Bracelet of Time is beneath me for some reason and the overall effect is that basically I die a lot.

I love this game :shepface:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Fedule posted:

Why is my apparent skill at the game inversely proportional to Bayonetta's health?

I am halfway through Nonstop Infinite Climax and the green lollies are all that's keeping me going. I don't think I'm good enough to play as Jeanne but I also think the Bracelet of Time is beneath me for some reason and the overall effect is that basically I die a lot.

Oh good, so it's not just me then. I lost track of how often I'd be running around at 'yeah one more hit will probably kill me' and then suddenly remember how to dodge everything for the next five minutes, get some health, and then forget again.

Granted, I also only recently got through second climax with mostly silvers. You crazy people and your motor skills and your ability to actually continue a dodge offset combo more than one out of four times.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

There couldn't possibly be a more appropriate avatar for this post.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Fedule posted:

It's called having fun. It's how I play all my games, it's all fun and games until I almost die at which point :getin:.

BlackFrost
Feb 6, 2008

Have you figured it out yet?
I was having trouble with Witch Trial IV. Like, a loving ton of trouble. So I went back and finally got around to playing through 3rd Climax. After that, I entered Witch Trial IV and made it my bitch, and ended with a nice platinum trophy. Then the game was like "Nice, dude! Hey, did you think that was tough? Check out Witch Trial V," and proceeded to loving wreck my poo poo over and over.

Is this the last trial? How many verses is this insane bullshit? ....What else do they pair up and throw at you at once? :ohdear:

Also, does Infinite Climax have a gimmick this time? Witch time is still enabled it seems.

...Also also, what's the best way to grind halos in this game? I want to fight Rodin but building up 10,000,000 halos while resisting the urge to buy all of the costumes is slowly hurting my soul. At least using that Midas item with the mech suit on seems to generate a ton of halos.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

BlackFrost posted:

...Also also, what's the best way to grind halos in this game? I want to fight Rodin but building up 10,000,000 halos while resisting the urge to buy all of the costumes is slowly hurting my soul. At least using that Midas item with the mech suit on seems to generate a ton of halos.

Chapter XIV, Jeanne, Gaze of Despair, Bracelet of time, PPP(hold), Infinite Climax difficulty.

You will max out the post chapter combo counter (99,999,999).

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

So is Takemikazuchi just to quickly finish off enemies? I love the weapon but it tanks my combo score.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Golden Goat posted:

So is Takemikazuchi just to quickly finish off enemies? I love the weapon but it tanks my combo score.

Charge it up and get loads of points.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

I'm thinking of doing some tag climax today to get back into it, anyone interested?

BlackFrost
Feb 6, 2008

Fedule posted:

Chapter XIV, Jeanne, Gaze of Despair, Bracelet of time, PPP(hold), Infinite Climax difficulty.

You will max out the post chapter combo counter (99,999,999).

How do you unlock the bracelet of time in this one?

E: holy gently caress this chapter is actually hard with Gaze of Despair on

BlackFrost fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Nov 19, 2014

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

BlackFrost posted:

How do you unlock the bracelet of time in this one?

Beat the game with Gold or better in every chapter. (I think it has to be 2nd Climax or higher)

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

BlackFrost posted:

I was having trouble with Witch Trial IV. Like, a loving ton of trouble. So I went back and finally got around to playing through 3rd Climax. After that, I entered Witch Trial IV and made it my bitch, and ended with a nice platinum trophy. Then the game was like "Nice, dude! Hey, did you think that was tough? Check out Witch Trial V," and proceeded to loving wreck my poo poo over and over.

Is this the last trial? How many verses is this insane bullshit? ....What else do they pair up and throw at you at once? :ohdear:

Witch Trial V is the last and it's just about impossible to beat without exploits. You don't even get a prize for it.

BlackFrost
Feb 6, 2008

Holy poo poo, the halos you get with this method are absolutely insane. :stare:

So, does buying the Platinum Ticket unlock it forever, or is it like the first game where you have to keep purchasing it to try again? That'd be kinda dick since you actually have to spend 10,000,000 this time.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

BlackFrost posted:

So, does buying the Platinum Ticket unlock it forever, or is it like the first game where you have to keep purchasing it to try again? That'd be kinda dick since you actually have to spend 10,000,000 this time.

You keep your haloes if you lose the fight.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Fedule posted:

Beat the game with Gold or better in every chapter. (I think it has to be 2nd Climax or higher)

I think I will just pretend my game is "missing" that item then :shepface:

I'd probably manage to beat Rodin before I ever manage to Gold every chapter (even if I was allowed to miss hidden fights).

EDIT: vvv Oh, I've gotten some plats and golds and such on REGULAR fights, and my share of gold overall ratings (on Second Climax). It's just that I doubt my ability to consistently be good, even if I remembered all the hidden fights. Especially with bosses involved (While I only died on multistage bosses, dodge dodge dodge one hit away from death for 90% of the boss fight does put a damper on that damage taken bonus)

Section Z fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Nov 19, 2014

Undersea Magic
Dec 16, 2006

Deviant posted:

I'm thinking of doing some tag climax today to get back into it, anyone interested?

I can play after 10:00 EST, NNID: UnderseaMagic.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Section Z posted:

I'd probably manage to beat Rodin before I ever manage to Gold every chapter (even if I was allowed to miss hidden fights).

Man getting Golds is easy when you aren't penalized for stuffing your face full of multicolored candy.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Yeah, Golds are actually super-reasonable in Platinum games. I don't know the finer points of how the game averages out medals but if you get Platinum in two categories you can get Bronze in the third (or even Stone?) and still come away with Gold. Between that and the fact that if you get a Platinum or Pure Platinum you have one less gold to get, it's not too hard to get a Gold award on most chapters.

Actually, the averaging of Verse medals into a Chapter award is even more generous; if you get all Golds and a few Silvers you'll still get Gold overall. Basically, if you get a couple Platinums you're in business. A couple Pure Platinums and you can start missing verses altogether.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Section Z posted:

EDIT: vvv Oh, I've gotten some plats and golds and such on REGULAR fights, and my share of gold overall ratings (on Second Climax). It's just that I doubt my ability to consistently be good, even if I remembered all the hidden fights. Especially with bosses involved (While I only died on multistage bosses, dodge dodge dodge one hit away from death for 90% of the boss fight does put a damper on that damage taken bonus)

I'm notoriously bad at games like this and getting gold on 2nd climax wasn't that hard. I think I only had to replay one chapter. You don't need gold in every verse or even to hit every verse.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Also,

BlackFrost posted:

Yep.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Fedule posted:

Yeah, Golds are actually super-reasonable in Platinum games. I don't know the finer points of how the game averages out medals but if you get Platinum in two categories you can get Bronze in the third (or even Stone?) and still come away with Gold. Between that and the fact that if you get a Platinum or Pure Platinum you have one less gold to get, it's not too hard to get a Gold award on most chapters.

Actually, the averaging of Verse medals into a Chapter award is even more generous; if you get all Golds and a few Silvers you'll still get Gold overall. Basically, if you get a couple Platinums you're in business. A couple Pure Platinums and you can start missing verses altogether.

When I first bought Bayo 2 I played it on Third Climax and was getting stone awards for levels awards consistently until chapter 5, which is when I bought The Bat Within, then nothing but golds and platinums from then on :shobon:

The lesson here is just don't ever die and it's difficult to get stone and bronze rewards.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

BlackFrost posted:

Which method? I'm just now trekking through infinite climax and I'm sitting on something like 350,000 halos, and it feels like I'll never make enough to fight Rodin when I keep buying costumes and poo poo.

Volkameria
Nov 20, 2014

Gay and grumpy

Golden Goat posted:

Remember that a fully charged swings with the hammer also gives you a temporary damage boost that lasts a couple seconds (five I think). Adds to the already nuts damage. The lesser charged attack (the pommel butt) is good at staggering.

It also helps smash through the shield bearing centaur enemies.

enojy posted:

Which method? I'm just now trekking through infinite climax and I'm sitting on something like 350,000 halos, and it feels like I'll never make enough to fight Rodin when I keep buying costumes and poo poo.

The Witch Hunt chapter where you are in a mech is where you can grind for money. Spam P, P, P(hold) and don't let your combo drop. Ways to maximize the money gained further is to 1.) Use the Bracelet of Time to make sure you are almost always attacking during witch time to get the combo multiplier bonus, 2.) Equip the Gaze of Despair to perma-taunt all enemies for another combo multiplier 3.) Use Jeanne for an even higher combo multiplier 4.) Spam all the Midas items you got from the chest of the beginning of "The Depths" chapter. Bracelet of Time and Gaze of Despair are the most important. Done well, people are getting about 3-2 million halos per run.

Volkameria fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Nov 20, 2014

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Fedule posted:

You can't miss any chapters, that's why it looks more generous. Basically it gives you straight average of your scores as your medal. 3 Silver and 3 Golds = Gold. Missed verses are treated as worse rank than Stone Medals, so skipping any will tank your score.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Finally picked this up for myself, so loving good.

Has anyone had an issue redeeming the Club Nintendo code? It says it's already been redeemed (the game had an original seal on it it wasn't an open one from GameStop or whatever). Annoying since I'm just short of getting a free download of Pilot Wings but whatever.

• Locked thread