Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

I just noticed there are no camp patterns for the riot shield. :(

Sammus fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Nov 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Sammus posted:

I just noticed there are no camp patterns for the riot shield. :(

Liar.You noticed that a few days ago :colbert:

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

I noticed that at 12:45 AM on 11/3/14. I haven't stopped sobbing since.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Zombie Boat posted:

Spike drone equals this things going to make noise and blow up, but you're gonna be fine.
What does that mean? Spike Drone is basically that throwing thing from Krull. You can even recall it. It certes doesn't explode.

Dum Cumpster posted:

You're telling me it's better in hardcore?
I feel that HC is better than normal modes in this game. It will definitely force you to get faster and better at target identification because you'll die almost instantly when you pause due to being unsure, and a lot of the weapons are murder machines in HC that are basically useless in normal. Crossbow actually does viable damage and is always a OHK from direct impact, for instance - whereas in normal games I put a bolt into a dude's leg and it blew up and he killed me and ran off to regen.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
My fault. Got confused with explosive drone. Spike drone rules just because boomerang medals are a joy to receive.

Explosive drone sucks.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Yeah explosive drone is a hot turd, it takes at least a full second too long to go off, and half of people won't set it off anyway. Apparently you can TK teammates with it in normal? So maybe it's useful for killing glitchers but that's about it.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

PerrineClostermann posted:

Liar.You noticed that a few days ago :colbert:

It's true. And like spoonman, I'm still crying about it.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

coyo7e posted:

Yeah explosive drone is a hot turd, it takes at least a full second too long to go off, and half of people won't set it off anyway. Apparently you can TK teammates with it in normal? So maybe it's useful for killing glitchers but that's about it.

I run it on my danger close build. Use it like a grenade, see a bunch of blips on the minimap shoot it high up in that direction. I get a handful of kills each match, not much, but still better than frags/semtex.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Whoever said nerf the BAL's hipfire, that's right on the money. It's ridiculous how many times I've been outgunned by a hipfire BAL at close-med range, while aiming down the sights of an SMG or shotgun.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Good news for everybody on ps4/bone.

http://charlieintel.com/2014/11/19/new-hot-fix-now-live-on-xbox-one-ps4-and-pc-fixes-map-exploits/

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

And when do we poverty box assholes get it

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
when you upgrade :twisted:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Might be the only time ever the comments were worth looking at...

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
I'd much prefer they nerf rather than buff every other gun because TTK is still irritating if you're on a sub-par connection but w.e

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

So... nerf Bal, buff all shotguns and the Mk. 14? I could get behind that.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Mister Macys posted:

So... nerf Bal, buff all shotguns and the Mk. 14? I could get behind that.

precisely

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

SubponticatePoster posted:

This makes me so sad. Even in HC it's kind of a turd: too long to ads, requiring multiple shots to kill. What did you do, Sledgehammer? :(

If you think the Mk14 is painful, try the EPM3. All the same problems, plus contrails that make followup shots way more difficult and serve as giant honking SHOOT HERE indicators. The one you unlock at 300 kills has +2 damage, but that's such a slog, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was still a 3 hit kill even with the bonus damage.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
The BAL is too good of an SMG, just nerf its hipfire accuracy and BAM its an AR again. Its literally an easy as poo poo fix I don't know why people don't realize this.

Edit: Shotguns are fine except for the automatic shotgun, that hting is a piece of poo poo, but you definitely don't need to buff the tac 19, that thing is a beast. I think most idiots just run it with gung ho and then say "Ugh shotguns are trash".

Buff the mk14 though, yeah that thing is garbage, give it a strong loving headshot multiplier at least.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

While people are complaining that "xxx gun needs a buff/nerf" I'm running around with only a Riot Shield trying to rack up 300 kills for its unlock.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

While people are complaining that "xxx gun needs a buff/nerf" I'm running around with only a Riot Shield trying to rack up 300 kills for its unlock.

What is its unlock?

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Knifegrab posted:

What is its unlock?

a camo

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

What does this camo look like?

BTW the first launcher camo unlock for shooting down like 200 uav's or whatever is baller as gently caress.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

So uh there's a mod that makes care packages explode if the other team tries to take it, anyway that's the story of how I finished the Triple Kill in TDM challenge.

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...
Anyone else feel they nerfed the supply drops? Past few days it's been rare for me to get more than 1 item and even then it's generally garbage.

Also is it me or does the armory not count the default non - refundable items against your total even though they take a slot up.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Kizurue posted:

Anyone else feel they nerfed the supply drops? Past few days it's been rare for me to get more than 1 item and even then it's generally garbage.

Also is it me or does the armory not count the default non - refundable items against your total even though they take a slot up.

They definitely have.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Knifegrab posted:

What does this camo look like?

Not even that nice looking compared to the Elite Shield, Salvation.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Top pic bro

Hippyflip
Mar 21, 2014
yeah shotguns and the m14 def need a buff

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Hippyflip posted:

yeah shotguns and the m14 def need a buff

Naw only the one shotgun. Tac 19 is a murder machine.

Hippyflip
Mar 21, 2014

Knifegrab posted:

Naw only the one shotgun. Tac 19 is a murder machine.

I find the Tac-19 to wonky some times i hit a guy point blank chest and he doesnt die or hit a arm shot from far away and he dies

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

How important is connection speed when playing online? The reason I ask is because many times when I die if I watch the kill cam the other player never even sees me fire at him before he kills me. On my screen I shoot at least 3-5 rounds before getting killed.

I haven't played Call of Duty since the original and I have never played shooters on consoles so I am pretty bad and fully expecting to die a lot. Also, my connection is 10mbps using the wireless PS4 connectivity.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
You BAL haters seem to have a lot of sodium in your system, have you considered not dying?

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Hekk posted:

How important is connection speed when playing online? The reason I ask is because many times when I die if I watch the kill cam the other player never even sees me fire at him before he kills me. On my screen I shoot at least 3-5 rounds before getting killed.

I haven't played Call of Duty since the original and I have never played shooters on consoles so I am pretty bad and fully expecting to die a lot. Also, my connection is 10mbps using the wireless PS4 connectivity.

Extremely important. Playing on wireless is severely handicapping yourself no matter what kind of connection you have, unless the PS4's uses some sort of magic I'm not familiar with.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

But can't a gimped connection sometimes work towards your benefit?

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble

Christoff posted:

But can't a gimped connection sometimes work towards your benefit?

Sometimes. Most of the time it just frustrates the hell out of you and makes the game unenjoyable.

From anecdotal research, the guns that benefit the most from high latency are the 1-shot-kill guns, like the rail pistol, MORS, Atlas 20mm, etc. It appears that a 1-shot weapon gets higher priority in netcode (which makes sense).

I tend to switch to those weapons when I have a bad connection, and do at least OK with them.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Knifegrab posted:

The BAL is too good of an SMG, just nerf its hipfire accuracy and BAM its an AR again. Its literally an easy as poo poo fix I don't know why people don't realize this.

Edit: Shotguns are fine except for the automatic shotgun, that hting is a piece of poo poo, but you definitely don't need to buff the tac 19, that thing is a beast. I think most idiots just run it with gung ho and then say "Ugh shotguns are trash".

Buff the mk14 though, yeah that thing is garbage, give it a strong loving headshot multiplier at least.

If shotguns aren't as good as the BLOPS 2 870, then they need to be buffed. :colbert:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

All this BAL chat makes people forget the AK-12 with foregrip rules

Add whatever else you want (stock, silencer, etc) it's actually pretty good at hip firing so I'm doing comedy option laser sight. Gonna do noob tube with danger close when I get it

The irons are good and very minor differences but some versions have a full circle at the end of the irons and some have a half (half is better) not sure how many other guns have different irons between the variants

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

SilentW posted:

From anecdotal research, the guns that benefit the most from high latency are the 1-shot-kill guns, like the rail pistol, MORS, Atlas 20mm, etc. It appears that a 1-shot weapon gets higher priority in netcode (which makes sense).

I completely agree with this analysis. The MORS is very useful when you're the worst connection in the lobby.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.

Dum Cumpster posted:

Extremely important. Playing on wireless is severely handicapping yourself no matter what kind of connection you have, unless the PS4's uses some sort of magic I'm not familiar with.

I play on wifi and I consistently get in the top 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Javes posted:

I play on wifi and I consistently get in the top 3.

Yeah but I'm assuming you're a good player and not someone looking for every other reason than yourself for being slow. My wifi causes me to be looking in a completely different direction when I'm killed sometimes, or to fall into an out of bounds area. Also, I'll sometimes type in chat instead of reloading due to wifi in the keyboards.

• Locked thread