Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Sylphid posted:

Doesn't he stop himself before hitting him? I think Shirou was really pissed at Shinji during scene, but didn't actually knock the wind out of him. Too bad, though, as I'm sure 99% of people who played through Heaven's Feel chose that option.
They would've chosen that option even if they didn't play Heaven's Feel. HF just gives them more reasons to hate him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kubla Khan
Jun 20, 2014
FSN's Shinji and Gil are two sides of the same coin (i.e. self-entitled assholes), the sole difference being that Gil has the power to do what he pleases while Shinji doesn't. This surely skews the popularity vote in Gil's favour. People hate losers, I guess.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Gil's also not a whiny rear end in a top hat.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Beef Waifu posted:

Like hell he is, he just phrases it better.

"Mongrels why are you running around with my toys, don't you know that I own everything that has ever been and will ever be?" :arghfist::saddowns:

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Nov 19, 2014

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
The difference is that Gil is funny, whereas Shinji is obnoxious.

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day
Shinji is (rightfully) totally insecure. Gilgamesh, on the other hand, is the most secure. He just doesn't like when other kids play with his toys.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

the difference is Gil looks like this:

:captainpop:

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Shinji's really popular with the ladies though; its hard to imagine why he'd want Tohsoka so badly when he could probably have almost any girl as his girlfriend.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's the twin tails, man.

Also...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpSF2y7hi-w

KoB
May 1, 2009

Raenir Salazar posted:

Shinji's really popular with the ladies though; its hard to imagine why he'd want Tohsoka so badly when he could probably have almost any girl as his girlfriend.

A man always wants what he cant have.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

She's an anime harem lead and she's a tsundere schoolgirl who can machinegun you with her brain. I'd say there were probably queues outside her classroom if we hadn't actually seen them in the first episode.

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day

Cake Attack posted:

the difference is Gil looks like this:

:captainpop:

like I said
the most secure

(though if we're going to talk about the hot dudes of Type-Moon, Diarmuid is the hottest of the dudes)

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

jellycat posted:

like I said
the most secure

(though if we're going to talk about the hot dudes of Type-Moon, Diarmuid is the hottest of the dudes)

Eh, he cheats. That's all Gilgamesh you're seeing up there, baby.

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day

Darth Walrus posted:

Eh, he cheats. That's all Gilgamesh you're seeing up there, baby.

Excuse me, my magic resistance is high enough to negate a curse of that level. Please do not insult my pure love for Diarmuid. :colbert:

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Archer > Rider > Gil > Diarmud > Lancer > Shirou

discuss

e: looks, not personality

Cake Attack fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Nov 20, 2014

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Cake Attack posted:

discuss

You put Gil in there twice :v:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Cake Attack posted:

discuss

What about ol' Bluebeard?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

What about ol' Bluebeard?

Depends. Is COOOOOOL an axis on that scale?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Cake Attack posted:

discuss
Diarmuid is like the most boring Servant in the whole franchise.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

Diarmuid is like the most boring Servant in the whole franchise.

he's very pretty, which was in many ways the main subject of discussion

that is why lancer is lower, even though he is much cooler

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Wasn't it Takeuchi that said that vanilla Lancer was the hottest Fate character? That's good enough for me I think.

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day
Lancer would go way up in my rankings if he dressed better. His outfit in Hollow Ataraxia is goofy in a way that I can appreciate, though.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Fate Lancer didn't need no sexyness curse to be the ladies man of his mythological era.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

it seems my taste in anime studs is lacking

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

it seems my taste in anime studs is lacking

Well, yeah. You didn't include Fourth Rider or Fifth Berserker. Not an anime hotness chart without enough beefcake to create a moderately-sized herd of cows.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Looks only

Lancer (FANGS FANGS FANGS)>Kirei>Gil>Archer>Waver>Kiri>Shirou>Avenger>Diarmuid>Lancelot when he's not losing his poo poo

Caster>Iri>Rider>Taiga>Maiya>Baz>Karen>Rin>Saber

Nobody else is particularly worth mentioning in the main series.

jellycat posted:

Excuse me, my magic resistance is high enough to negate a curse of that level. Please do not insult my pure love for Diarmuid. :colbert:

There's nothing pure about loving Diarmuid: he's 100% bullying material.

Pretty drat good bullying material though. The really baffling people to me are the ones that are into Alex, he just looks like a gigantic Muppet.

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day
The biggest sexyness curse Zero Lancer has is being voiced by Hikaru Midorikawa. That man voiced so many of my anime crushes without me realizing it until after the fact, it's gotten ridiculous.

EDIT:

Rodyle posted:

There's nothing pure about loving Diarmuid: he's 100% bullying material.

Pretty drat good bullying material though.

The really baffling people to me are the ones that are into Alex, he just looks like a gigantic Muppet.

Oh, I totally agree with this. I would bully the hell out of him.

Alex is pure bara material, but I will not sully this poor innocent thread with my fujoshi trash any further.

jellycat fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Nov 20, 2014

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Rodyle posted:

The really baffling people to me are the ones that are into Alex, he just looks like a gigantic Muppet.

Hey, no kinkshaming muppetsexuals. Next you'll be saying that Shinji isn't a fine specimen of a man, or that magical penis-worms aren't an ideal toy for all ages. This thread. Yeesh.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

jellycat posted:

Alex is pure bara material, but I will not sully this poor innocent thread with my fujoshi trash any further.

What is this thread for, if not for constantly toeing a line? :v:

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Honestly this is way better than a power level discussion.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Darn it, now I can't stop seeing Iskandar as the Muppet Ghost of Christmas Present.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Everybody forgets young Zouken.

I mean drat.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He looks like a combination of Diarmuid and Fate Lancer.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Kyte posted:

Everybody forgets young Zouken.

I mean drat.

Apparently the blue seaweed runs in the family!

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

Darth Walrus posted:

She's an anime harem lead and she's a tsundere schoolgirl who can machinegun you with her brain. I'd say there were probably queues outside her classroom if we hadn't actually seen them in the first episode.
If there's one thing FSN taught me it's that acting aloof all the time makes you really popular with the opposite sex

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Darth Walrus posted:

Reading Seorin's LP at work I think there already is a queue... Just not males...

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I saw the number of replies and thought something terrible was being discussed, but instead there is a discussion about the sexiest and beefiest Type Moon men, I approve.

edit: I love all Lancers (Diarmund, Blue Tight Nii-San, Prototype), but Archer is pretty up there as well.

Compendium fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Nov 20, 2014

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

Reading Seorin's LP at work I think there already is a queue... Just not males...

Well, yeah. That's what I meant by 'anime harem lead'. What, you didn't seriously think it was Shirou, did you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Rin wants to be Gilgamesh, which is why everyone should read e: not the TM general :downs:

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Nov 23, 2014

• Locked thread