Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

greatn posted:

I predict aggressive douchebag DJ will turn out to be a good guy at heart we've all misjudged, and a vital part of team arrow, then Thea will dump him for lying to her and begin dating an even more aggressive douchebag from an even more worthless profession.

She's certainly not moving up even after dating Parkour Street Scamp, Roy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I deal with DJ's on a daily basis. That guy is either a DJ IRL or a brilliant method actor.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

I knew he was coming, and its very clear someone has a hard on for Spartacus alumni, but I really hope they take it a step further and have Capt. Ashur do a couple scenes where hes eating stuff and does his smug-rear end grin. So happy to have him back being a villain.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
The whole DJ subplot was kind of hilarious. Apparently the DJ market in Starling City is so bad that a guy who can queue up a ridiculously played out dance song is offered a lucrative regular gig.

Baronash fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Nov 20, 2014

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

All 500 earthquake victims were DJs.

The epicenter was the Starling Glades DJ Ghetto.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Drifter posted:

She's certainly not moving up even after dating Parkour Street Scamp, Roy.

It's gonna be great when Barrowman puts an arrow into DJ Shitstain.

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

Aphrodite posted:

The focal point was the Starling Glades DJ Ghetto.

When the DJ pressed the button and everyone immediately made for the dance floor all I could think of was this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCawU6BE8P8

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

JohnSherman posted:

The whole DJ subplot was kind of hilarious. Apparently the DJ market in Starling City is so bad that a guy who can queue up a ridiculously played out dance song is offered a lucrative regular gig.

pussy and booze clubs vs music clubs.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Aphrodite posted:

The epicenter was the Starling Glades DJ Ghetto.

The hero of Starling City.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

pentyne posted:

He's the Atom, and 10 seconds on wikipedia will tell you that he's not going to become some mechanized fighter trading blows with Slade. His power has always been his suit and the ability to shrink to the size of an atom. The "dwarf star" mining reference was a blatant hint.

I'm pretty sure the showrunners said that he won't be shrinking, which makes me think they'll focus his schtick on small tech (or something along those lines.)

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
I hope the DJ killed Sarah so we can see Team Arrow beat the poo poo out of him.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The trailer after the show was all about the crossover on the 2nd. Is Arrow skipping next week?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Calling it now, the DJ is a League plant to get access to Merlyn.

This is just the kind of show for that to make sense

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I really enjoyed Cupid; the actress really sold both the craziness and the obsession. More Ray was great, especially the salmon ladder and the reveal of the suit design. I think they gave him his own theme?

It was a small thing, but I'm really glad they had Oliver calling Roy "Arsenal" when they went to Sherwood Florist (which was an awesome easter egg).

Captain Boomerang cameo was great.

To everyone who's complaining that this season isn't going as fast as season 2, please remember that we're on episode 7. Last year at this point, we'd just found out Merlyn was alive. We got formally introduced to Mirakuru in episode and we didn't find out Slade was alive and in Starling until the end of episode 9. Considering that next week is the crossover, I fully expect episode 9 to feature the League again and give the overall plot a real push.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Bruceski posted:

The trailer after the show was all about the crossover on the 2nd. Is Arrow skipping next week?

Yeah, it is. Episode 8 of Arrow and Flash is the crossover, and Flash took a week off for the US election.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Didn't they originally want the character to be Ted Kord but DC made a fuss about something?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Some Numbers posted:

I really enjoyed Cupid; the actress really sold both the craziness and the obsession. More Ray was great, especially the salmon ladder and the reveal of the suit design. I think they gave him his own theme?

It was a small thing, but I'm really glad they had Oliver calling Roy "Arsenal" when they went to Sherwood Florist (which was an awesome easter egg).

Captain Boomerang cameo was great.

To everyone who's complaining that this season isn't going as fast as season 2, please remember that we're on episode 7. Last year at this point, we'd just found out Merlyn was alive. We got formally introduced to Mirakuru in episode and we didn't find out Slade was alive and in Starling until the end of episode 9. Considering that next week is the crossover, I fully expect episode 9 to feature the League again and give the overall plot a real push.

week after next, actually. Next week they're off to match time with Flash.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
HE MADE A BOOMERANG PUN

HE MADE A loving BOOMERANG PUN

I LOVE THIS loving SHOW

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
This show was always "just ok" for me, and this season really isn't bringing it. The Hong Kong flashbacks are boring as hell, there's no overarching plot or villain to tie the episodes together and the characters and world are getting even smaller. They seem to be stuck with one-off stereotypical crime targets before going back to the status quo. All we seem to get is a one liner about weapons being taken off the street or something, but we don't actually get to see Starling City get made a better place because we barely spend any time in the world outside of dimly lit fight scenes and the hideout.

Flash is much better imo (though the last episode was a bit weak). Part of it is the action in The Flash is more sci-fi fantasy stuff, whereas Arrow tries to be gritty and realistic and just looks fake and dumb. I think the other part is that The Flash has more people you can empathize with, as opposed to Arrow, where just about every major character decides to give up their life to hide in a dark basement and fight crime with no money that doesn't seem to make any meaningful difference or is Felicity. But the Brandon Roth/Felicity office scenes aren't terribly interesting either because, since day one, you could replace all the scenes with "Brandon Roth is (not very) charming and also planning something, Felicity is growing closer to him and further away from Ollie".

Maybe I just don't find Oliver a very complex or interesting character and everything comes from that. Ashur just appeared though, so I'm going to stick around for a few more episodes. Boomerang is dumb as hell, but I give leeway for (what I assume is) comic book stuff. Hope the crossover stuff doesn't make The Flash bad!

Spergatory posted:

Arrow writers. You are garbage at writing romance. Please stop forever.

The writers think women love getting negged, stalked and/or "protected".

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Soylent Pudding posted:

Didn't they originally want the character to be Ted Kord but DC made a fuss about something?

Yeah, DC apparently has plans for Ted.

That's likely why Ray won't be shrinking. At that point they presumably had the story planned out and looks like power suits/gadgets are part of it.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Some Numbers posted:

More Ray was great, especially the salmon ladder and the reveal of the suit design.

Unless I missed it, Routh never actually did the salmon ladder. From what I remember, every time he jumps up a rung, it cuts away to Felicity.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
" I have to be alone, except for Roy, and Diggle, and my Sister Thea, and Felicity, and.." - Oliver Queen dumbest person on earth.

CW playing the right card with making the Arrow/Flash crossover as immediate as possible and not dragging it out.

What if every Midseason we got a Dual Episode, and what if there were more than 1 show on CW.

That would be amazing.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Nov 20, 2014

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

JohnSherman posted:

Unless I missed it, Routh never actually did the salmon ladder. From what I remember, every time he jumps up a rung, it cuts away to Felicity.

He did one rung when she first walked in.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

rapeface posted:

This show was always "just ok" for me, and this season really isn't bringing it. The Hong Kong flashbacks are boring as hell, there's no overarching plot or villain to tie the episodes together and the characters and world are getting even smaller. They seem to be stuck with one-off stereotypical crime targets before going back to the status quo. All we seem to get is a one liner about weapons being taken off the street or something, but we don't actually get to see Starling City get made a better place because we barely spend any time in the world outside of dimly lit fight scenes and the hideout.

Flash is much better imo (though the last episode was a bit weak). Part of it is the action in The Flash is more sci-fi fantasy stuff, whereas Arrow tries to be gritty and realistic and just looks fake and dumb. I think the other part is that The Flash has more people you can empathize with, as opposed to Arrow, where just about every major character decides to give up their life to hide in a dark basement and fight crime with no money that doesn't seem to make any meaningful difference or is Felicity. But the Brandon Roth/Felicity office scenes aren't terribly interesting either because, since day one, you could replace all the scenes with "Brandon Roth is (not very) charming and also planning something, Felicity is growing closer to him and further away from Ollie".

Maybe I just don't find Oliver a very complex or interesting character and everything comes from that. Ashur just appeared though, so I'm going to stick around for a few more episodes. Boomerang is dumb as hell, but I give leeway for (what I assume is) comic book stuff. Hope the crossover stuff doesn't make The Flash bad!

Yea this season has been very weak so far. Especially the Hong Kong stuff. Man is it boring and completely pointless.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
When Felicity walked in on the salmon ladder and goes "Oh god, i have a type" i was proper laughing.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Blackchamber posted:

I knew he was coming, and its very clear someone has a hard on for Spartacus alumni, but I really hope they take it a step further and have Capt. Ashur do a couple scenes where hes eating stuff and does his smug-rear end grin. So happy to have him back being a villain.

Me too :allears:

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

e X posted:

What exactly is the point of the DJ subplot?

Unless Thea murders him with her new ninja skills because he is a douchbag I kinda don't see the point.

That'd be the perfect thing to do with such an impossibly douchey character

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I actually like that they seem to really actually be building a good relationship between Oliver and Roy, so that you'd actually believe these two would be friends and care about each other.

Also, they now called him Arsenal which is cool.

Also Sherwood Florist.

Episode was Automatically better as she who will not be named did not appear once in the entire episode.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

I am really getting tired of the 'look, {female character}, {hero} has issues therefore you need to give up your free will or else someone's going to be hurt' schtick the CW is on lately. This episode was some seriously awkward ham-handed 'LOOK AN ANALOGY' bullshit.

Also since when is Felicity a drooling over diamonds and expensive dresses type of girl? I mean she worked for a billionaire once its not like this is her first brush with the megarich. I swear she's said before she'd rather have a server than a necklace or something. Poor characterization there. At least she's got a guy paying her positive attention for a change. And Ray is actually a charming, well-adjusted smart well-meaning guy. Ollie is an ex-murderer and emotionally stunted PTSD sufferer living in his sister's basement and playing dress up to go beat people up at night and constantly demanding her time and attention. How is this even a contest.

They are really going to lengths to paint Oliver as an rear end in every incarnation. I hope there's a point to it.

The New Black
Oct 1, 2006

Had it, lost it.

DoctorWhat posted:

HE MADE A BOOMERANG PUN

HE MADE A loving BOOMERANG PUN

I LOVE THIS loving SHOW

Comics know-nothing here but is he meant to be Australian? I mean no reason he should be except the boomerang thing but if so that was the worst accent I've ever heard.

Also, a show about the suicide squad would rule.

The New Black fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Nov 20, 2014

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

The man playing Boomerang is Lebanese.

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah, DC apparently has plans for Ted.

Someone's gotta get shot in order to make things gritty and darker.

Man, Grodd, Reverse Flash, Boxing glove arrow and now Captain loving Boomerang? It's been a solid two weeks to be a nerd.

toomanyninjas
Feb 10, 2005

DOGOLD, I WANT YOU TO CALL AN AM-BOO-LANCE AND WHEN THEY GET HUR I WANT YOU TO TELL THEM TO
KEEP SMILING!

The New Black posted:

Also, a show about the suicide squad would rule.

Wasn't there some talk about a Suicide Squad show that would bridge Arrow's winter break like "Agent Carter" is doing for "S.H.I.E.L.D."? Maybe for next year, I think?

If it's successful maybe we can hope for Flash's bridge show, "D.C.'s Rogues of Flash"

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zaggitz posted:

The man playing Boomerang is Lebanese.

Plenty in Lebanese here in Australia mate, don't you worry about that.

Immersion not ruined.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Cupid was great and all but this was a sad episode because the salmon ladder is cheating on Ollie :(

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
The DJ might be the most realistic character on the entire show. They're obviously going to do something with him and *knocks on wood* I kind of doubt it'll be a love triangle. They would've had Roy there at the club being depressed watching Thea flirt with/kiss him from afar if they wanted to do that.

The Felicity/Ollie stuff was a bit rough in parts, but the scene at the end where they go to Diggle's house was really nice. And then of course motherfucking Ashur :black101: I'm so happy that whoever's in charge of casting is just unabashedly mining the former Spartacus actors well because they realized how well the over the top characters of Spartacus transplant into the CW soap opera formula. They just need to get Liam, Dustin Clare, Viva Bianca, and Peter Mensah on. They'd be perfect as villains for a couple of episodes each.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
The Episode Where Katana Showed Up and Nobody Cared (Except Me)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dustin Clare not really doing anything after Spartacus is loving bizarre because he had one of the best characters on the show and was ridiculously charismatic as well.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
He did an Aussie show and he's in the next season of Strike Back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Goddammit I just want Thea to murder someone. SHOW US THE DARKNESS INSIDE! :black101:

• Locked thread