Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

TMMadman posted:

I don't know what Jon and Jaclyn are thinking because right now they have two people on the jury who aren't going to vote for either of them.
Jon looks like a snake. Wait 3 days to get rid of Jeremy and you might actually have a chance of getting his vote.

e:

sportsgenius86 posted:

Eh the same poo poo was going to happen to them by Natalie and Jeremy if they didn't do it first so at some point you gotta stick around and worry about the rest later.
At some point. It was not an immediate threat. They had an idol and were pretty drat sure Natalie and Jeremy didn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Jon looks like a snake. Wait 3 days to get rid of Jeremy and you might actually have a chance of getting his vote.

no Jeremy has repeatedly shown himself to be a massively bitter individual so there was really no point you could do it that he wasn't going to hold it against you. It was kill or be killed and jeremy made that pretty clear with his idolchat.

Jeremy was gonna burn Jon out the second they really didn't need his vote anymore. It was a good move IMO.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

TMMadman posted:

I don't know what Jon and Jaclyn are thinking because right now they have two people on the jury who aren't going to vote for either of them.

They've also voted Natalie out of their alliance; she has no reason to stay with J and J + Baylor/Missy group.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

sportsgenius86 posted:

Eh the same poo poo was going to happen to them by Natalie and Jeremy if they didn't do it first so at some point you gotta stick around and worry about the rest later.

Maybe, but the problem is that right now they basically have most people pissed at them because they just keep flipping around. Josh/Reed can't be happy with them, but Reed will surely use them if he can. Jeremy/Natalie are going to be upset with that flip, even though it was Missy/Baylor who are the real betrayers. Keith/Wes don't seem to want to trust or talk to them at all.

To me, it seems like they are stuck in a bit of a hole right now.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

TMMadman posted:

Maybe, but the problem is that right now they basically have most people pissed at them because they just keep flipping around. Josh/Reed can't be happy with them, but Reed will surely use them if he can. Jeremy/Natalie are going to be upset with that flip, even though it was Missy/Baylor who are the real betrayers. Keith/Wes don't seem to want to trust or talk to them at all.

To me, it seems like they are stuck in a bit of a hole right now.

It's a target creator for sure, but they have an easy out with Missy and Baylor and Baylor's jumped around just the same.

Nobody's really aligned with anyone on a solid level at this point.

My guess is we see keith, Wes, Alec, reed, Jon and Jaclyn take control.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Jeremy explicitly said 'we have to wait to get down to the final six' so it probably wasn't kill or be killed right now. I'm kind of surprised Missy wasn't able to talk him down to 'let's just vote him out at the final six,' honestly.

I guess they could have been looking ahead to the moment when the individual players (plus Wes and Keith, who I think nobody views as a real threat) realize Missy + Baylor + Jon + Jaclyn can plow through the rest of the game if they aren't stopped.

I hope Natalie comes alive now that Jeremy is gone. I feel bad for her, because she was basically the only person who had a reason to feel pretty complacent and she was going out of her way to maintain the status quo, but it'll be interesting to see her do more than just sit back. Based on her coming out strong against Rocker + stepping forward to go to exile/give up a reward, she seems like a relatively unique player

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

xbilkis posted:

Jeremy explicitly said 'we have to wait to get down to the final six' so it probably wasn't kill or be killed right now. I'm kind of surprised Missy wasn't able to talk him down to 'let's just vote him out at the final six,' honestly.

I guess they could have been looking ahead to the moment when the individual players (plus Wes and Keith, who I think nobody views as a real threat) realize Missy + Baylor + Jon + Jaclyn can plow through the rest of the game if they aren't stopped.

I hope Natalie comes alive now that Jeremy is gone. I feel bad for her, because she was basically the only person who had a reason to feel pretty complacent and she was going out of her way to maintain the status quo, but it'll be interesting to see her do more than just sit back. Based on her coming out strong against Rocker + stepping forward to go to exile/give up a reward, she seems like a relatively unique player

Once Jeremy is going around doing his conspiracy BS regarding the idol, you really can't afford to take chances.

The smart thing would've been for Jeremy to shut the gently caress up and pull the trigger at six or whatever. But once again he showed his knack for saying the right things and doing other stuff out of anger for not being 100% in the loop.

The other downside was that when it came to that assumed six, Jeremy had the best chance outside of Jon himself of being an immunity threat. Once you whittle it down to that core six, you're increasing Jeremy's odds of being untouchable.

Really it's Jon hedging his bet on everyone else continuing to be really stupid and that's a fairly good bet all things considered.

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Nov 20, 2014

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Yeah, I don't think it's necessarily a bad move because it has to happen eventually (and Jeremy messed up by needlessly poking around), but it looks suuuper bad on the face of it and it's probably worth sticking it out a little longer once you know that Missy and Baylor are down.

I know a lot of people are down on this season, but at least it has some chaos going for it. I imagine the producers were freaking out when the merge went quit -> Josh boot -> Jeremy boot, but it could have been a lot worse considering it was set up for a serious pagonging of either side.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Natalie should be able to reason out that it was Missy/Baylor who really betrayed the alliance and I think her best bet might be to go around to Keith, Wes, Reed, and Alec and claim that Jon/Jacyln and Missy/Baylor made a final four pact and they need to get rid of one of them.

Preview talk: However, it looked like Alec was going to work with Jon for at least the next tribal, so she might only be able to get Keith, Wes and Reed.

edit - And btw, I don't think it's a bad move really, but it does look bad for Jon/Jaclyn.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
What a weirdly edited episode. We only saw the plan to vote out Jeremy for like 30 seconds, and it felt more like Jon was suggesting it for next time rather than this round. We didn't even get to see Reed or Baylor filled in; who even made the call to trust Reed enough to tell him??

The leader of the majority alliance just got blindsided, this should have been the most exciting episode of the season. Instead I'm mostly just confused.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

mancalamania posted:

What a weirdly edited episode. We only saw the plan to vote out Jeremy for like 30 seconds, and it felt more like Jon was suggesting it for next time rather than this round. We didn't even get to see Reed or Baylor filled in; who even made the call to trust Reed enough to tell him??

The leader of the majority alliance just got blindsided, this should have been the most exciting episode of the season. Instead I'm mostly just confused.

Looked to me like Jon brought it up and Missy orchestrated it

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
For everything that happened at tribal tonight, it's going to have the whiff of Jeff middling around with it and influencing the decision.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

sportsgenius86 posted:

no Jeremy has repeatedly shown himself to be a massively bitter individual so there was really no point you could do it that he wasn't going to hold it against you. It was kill or be killed and jeremy made that pretty clear with his idolchat.

Jeremy was gonna burn Jon out the second they really didn't need his vote anymore. It was a good move IMO.
Jon could have gone to Jeremy when he came back from exile and just copped to having the idol. Doing this gets rid of Jeremy, which maybe is good for them, but it doesn't keep their idol a secret because Natalie is still around and was in every conversation about it they had.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Binary Logic posted:

They've also voted Natalie out of their alliance; she has no reason to stay with J and J + Baylor/Missy group.
Hmmm...

Natalie/Reed/Alec/Wes/Keith = 5
Missy/Baylor/Jon/Jaclyn = 4

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Haha, loving idiots. They could have taken Keith out here and then Jeremy next time and only had to deal with Natalie and a couple of errant retard leftovers to oppose them. Now they've got to rely on the loyalty of Reed(who is only on their side after displaying his ability to instantly jump ship on his old alliance when he thought it would help him) or they're outnumbered.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Final 3: Alec, Natalie, Baylor, Survivor gets cancelled.

EchoBase
Dec 11, 2001

mancalamania posted:

They probably didn't have much footage they could show that would still keep things tense. I mean, Baylor, Reed and Alec probably literally just said "Vote Jeremy with Jon and Jaclyn? Yes maam."

The thing with Reed is actually a pretty good example of the importance of the social game. Reed and Alec came to Missy and presented a desperate scheme to vote off Keith. The last interaction we saw Keith have with Missy was to insult her daughter and her parenting. When Missy needed two people to help knock off Jeremy, she went to Reed and Alec who she knew were up for some scheming and not Keith who could have been her 1st choice based on pairs/parents/etc in common.

Pulp Can Move
Oct 4, 2012

Terry Glenn posted:

This is much better than the final group we're probably going to get.

sportsgenius86 posted:

I told you motherfuckers we're gonna end up with a dogshit final four of Jon, Jaclyn, Missy and Baylor

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
I think Natalie wins if she makes it to F3, I hope she does.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Terry Glenn posted:

Why would this be bad? Natalie has played the game. Baylor has played the game. ALec is just Fabio. Like those 3 wouldn't be a bad final 3 at all?

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
Did Reed just randomly pick Keith's bag to look through?

Jon/Jacklyn/Missy/Baylor in the minority now unless they maybe pick up Reed since he did vote with them.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Red_Museum posted:

Jon/Jacklyn/Missy/Baylor in the minority now unless they maybe pick up Reed since he did vote with them.
Based on his confessional from the reward trip, Reed wants little to nothing to do with Team Kissyface Beautiful People.

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

Kid, touch is for video games and gynecologists
Okay, I haven't said much in this thread in a while because I haven't had much to say about this season. But jesus loving christ what a boring train wreck it has become. They've voted out all the interesting/exciting people and now we're down to a group of the most vanilla survivor cookie cutter players ever.

e: I'm honestly really mad at a TV show, which never happens. I've been mad since John Rocker left and I just need someone to talk to guys. :saddowns:

Bjay9 fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Nov 20, 2014

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Bjay9 posted:

Okay, I haven't said much in this thread in a while because I haven't had much to say about this season. But jesus loving christ what a boring train wreck it has become.
Train wreck is the opposite of boring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXuCoQ3oQXc

And Rocker is a piece of poo poo who should never have been allowed in the game.

Samarium
Dec 15, 2005

The beauty of quitting is, now that I've quit, I can have one, 'cause I've quit.

Bjay9 posted:

Okay, I haven't said much in this thread in a while because I haven't had much to say about this season. But jesus loving christ what a boring train wreck it has become. They've voted out all the interesting/exciting people and now we're down to a group of the most vanilla survivor cookie cutter players ever.

I disagree. I think that this is the first really exciting thing that happened this season. I was dreading for awhile that this season was going to be like one world where you replace Kim with Jeremy. There's such a vacuum of people who know how to play the game but a surplus of people who are willing to betray anyone. I think that could be really fun.

It does suck that we've lost the two good narrators of the season in Josh and Jeremy so quickly with no one to really replace them, but I doubt the rest of the season will be predictable.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
Jeremy's questioning of John was such a dumb play. He was talking in the confessional like he was being all subtle and tricky, but he made it into such an obvious interrogation that even John was able to easily see through it all.

Fast Luck posted:

Hmmm...

Natalie/Reed/Alec/Wes/Keith = 5
Missy/Baylor/Jon/Jaclyn = 4

Yup, I'd say Missy/Baylor/Jon/Jaclyn pulled the blindside trigger too early, they really should've waited til they whittled the numbers down a bit more. Out of everyone in the old majority alliance I'd say Natalie does have the best chance to pull those guys together as a temporary alliance. She's played a good social game and has seemed to be one of the few people not to take sides and alienate anyone whenever any poo poo is being stirred.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Considering Jeremy concluded in this very episode that he had to trust Jon for awhile and was going to ride with the six it definitely seemed early. I don't know if it will work out or not but Jeremy was obviously not looking to cut Jon any time soon as he probably reasonably figured he should get out some of the Reed's and Keith's before upsetting the balance.

Jeremy didn't really help things with that bad interrogation but I think it was clear Jon was leaning that way already. Before Jeremy came back from Exile Island Jon was already saying he'd know about the idol and that they'd have to do something. Jon was either going to come clean or backstab Jeremy to try and cover up his lie. All Jeremy's bad play did was force Jon to choose quickly.

That sucks but I wasn't shocked at all. Jon has shown himself to be a paranoid snake with no concern about how it comes off so him immediately turning on Jeremy after immediately turning on Josh really shouldn't have surprised anyone. I'm glad Missy mentioned it because at least I know she's paying attention and may not trust the goof especially since he told her he has an idol. And this alliance was transparently fragile which is why it never really made any sense for Jon and Jaclyn to hook up with the much more stable Josh, Reed, Keith, Wes, and Alec group. I just hoped that wasn't going to happen so fast.

I think it was a dumb as hell move by Jon and Jaclyn for all the obvious reasons. They look like massively untrustworthy snakes and all the nice things about loyalty and respect they said about Jeremy and Natalie after that reward now look like pure bullshit so any similar social game they play will just seem like bullshit. Missy and Baylor are snakes too but they're much softer targets. And Jon told Missy and Baylor about the idol so now he's just asking to be blindsided next before he can get a chance to use that.

I am interested to see how the next few tribals go. We're probably going to get a poo poo F4 or 3 but teh alternative is that we should have a chaotic and interesting next few councils. I think Natalie and Reed are obvious targets but Jon and Keith are going to be ones too because of all the idol stuff. And everyone has shown themselves either so devious or are so frazzled that I could see basically any kind of alliance form next week.

While a big part of me is rooting for Jon to go next for comeuppance and laughs it would be kind of funny to see if he and Jaclyn can backstab more people and leave a longer trail of blood.

Here's hoping Natalie can scramble her way to the end and give us a solid winner. Because after her the best I have is Missy.

Red_Museum posted:

Did Reed just randomly pick Keith's bag to look through?
Yeah, that struck me. It really got me wondering if Reed had a specific reason to suspect Keith or if what we didn't see was him going through other people's bags until he struck gold. It was a massive snake move that even Reed threw shade on but I really wonder if it was even worse.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Nov 20, 2014

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Feels like a fantastic move by Reed. Honestly, he probably SHOULD go with the Missy/Baylor/Jon/Jaclyn group, because once it gets down to five, all he has to do is side with one of the couples and he has a free path to final 3. Make it Missy and Baylor and he's got the game won.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Unless there's a huge untold story it didn't seem like Reed did anything. He tried to turn the vote on Keith and Wes which didn't happen. Jon initiated the move to blindside Jeremy and all he really needed was Missy and Baylor. The guys were just insurance.

Reed has felt like a really lame player all season to me and I actually think it's kind of funny that the episode where he was scrambling like crazy and trying to save himself ultimately the vote kind of had nothing to do with him.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Nov 20, 2014

Adjunct Cheesecake
Mar 19, 2009

mmmmmm
I had a visceral loathing of everything Twinnie on The Amazing Race but I'm starting to like Natalie quite a bit on Survivor.

As much fun as it would be to have a season where everyone had a decent grasp of strategy, I'm starting to dig this chaotic clusterfuck of a season where there's at most 2-3 people who have a clue what they're doing post-merge.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Poque posted:

Feels like a fantastic move by Reed. Honestly, he probably SHOULD go with the Missy/Baylor/Jon/Jaclyn group, because once it gets down to five, all he has to do is side with one of the couples and he has a free path to final 3. Make it Missy and Baylor and he's got the game won.
There's a strong chance that at f5, the two couples vote him out, because it guarantees one of the couples will make it to the F3 together, and the other couple will have a single concentrated rep in the F3 along with a friendly juror. Which, btw, is probably something I'd rather do than battle for swing-vote Reed and then face him at FTC, esp when the alternative is Jon/Jaclyn/Baylor/Missy.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

sportsgenius86 posted:

I told you motherfuckers we're gonna end up with a dogshit final four of Jon, Jaclyn, Missy and Baylor

And Baylor is going to win. Honestly, the entire remaining cast other than Baylor barely existed for the first half of the season. Baylor is literally the only person who's been getting any kind of airtime from the start.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Piell posted:

And Baylor is going to win. Honestly, the entire remaining cast other than Baylor barely existed for the first half of the season. Baylor is literally the only person who's been getting any kind of airtime from the start.

Screen time hasn't always been directly indicative of the winner

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Glad to see some people coming around on this season. There are so many loose alliances that can easily come apart that I can see nearly anyone making it to final 3 (though some will have a much harder path than others).

Aside from Natalie there's nobody I'm actively rooting for right now, but I can appreciate the game from a strategic perspective no matter who wins.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Rarity posted:

Screen time hasn't always been directly indicative of the winner

Sure, not directly, but it's pretty obvious that people like Wes, Jaclyn, or Alec are not the winners just by how they're presented (or not presented).

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Poque posted:

Sure, not directly, but it's pretty obvious that people like Wes, Jaclyn, or Alec are not the winners just by how they're presented (or not presented).

Gonna emptyquote this forever when Alec wins the million

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

Kid, touch is for video games and gynecologists

Rarity posted:

Gonna emptyquote this forever when Alec wins the million

Fabio 2: Electric Boogaloo

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I'll eat a bug if Alec wins

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Fast Luck posted:

There's a strong chance that at f5, the two couples vote him out, because it guarantees one of the couples will make it to the F3 together, and the other couple will have a single concentrated rep in the F3 along with a friendly juror. Which, btw, is probably something I'd rather do than battle for swing-vote Reed and then face him at FTC, esp when the alternative is Jon/Jaclyn/Baylor/Missy.

Nobody is going to do that because you'd never get past the final four vote without blind luck.

Doing that means everyone is totally fine with drawing rocks, which will never happen.

Also, one couple will align with the fifth person to remove the other couple on the assumption that both halves of that couple would support them on the jury, whereas booting Reed in lieu of one half of the second couple doesn't really mean anything in terms of increasing your odds of winning because Reed could just as easily vote for the third person.

If you're two couples working together, you want Alec because everyone hates him, he's stupid and his partner isn't on the jury.

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Nov 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milovan Drecun
Apr 17, 2007
I masturbate in traffic.

STAC Goat posted:

Unless there's a huge untold story it didn't seem like Reed did anything. He tried to turn the vote on Keith and Wes which didn't happen. Jon initiated the move to blindside Jeremy and all he really needed was Missy and Baylor. The guys were just insurance.

Reed has felt like a really lame player all season to me and I actually think it's kind of funny that the episode where he was scrambling like crazy and trying to save himself ultimately the vote kind of had nothing to do with him.

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Reed was in on the Jeremy vote, he also outed Keith (which drew votes away from himself). He did a ton this episode, digging himself out of the very bottom, you just can't see it for some odd reason.

The real surprise, though, was Alec/Wes/Keith voting Reed. Presumably they found out he went through Keith's stuff. It was still an idiotic waste of votes and showed they aren't playing the game at all. What was there plan once they took out Reed? Get unceremoniously booted in order? Reed and Natalie can take control of the game, if they can get one of J/J out next ep.

Edit: Alec voted REED, a couple of posters seems to not realize this...

• Locked thread