Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Ultigonio posted:

4chan?

You mean PDP's pads feel really light and hollow or Hori's do? I was really interested in trying out one or the other.

PDP's. They felt kinda cheap. A friend of mine bought a couple. We havent used them yet though. I also don't care how the sticks are just Wii U sticks either.

I haven't seen Hori's, but they do make a quality product.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Hori Potter and the Half-Baked Sticks

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

US dudes, TRU is doing buy one, get 40% off on all Nintendo games this weekend (Fri/Sat), in-store only:
http://weeklyad.toysrus.com/ToysRUs/ListingDetail/Index/?StoreID=2561407&ListingID=-2036725752&ItemDetailClickSource=grid

This might be a really dumb question but it doesn't say anything in the fine print: can I buy two copies of Smash Brawl and get the 2nd for 40% off? A friend and I were both going to buy it tomorrow so it would be cool if we could both save 20%.

It only says "2nd title must be of equal or lesser value" but it doesn't say anything about 2 of the same title. Even though they are equal value I can imagine being turned down for the deal but would like to know before I go.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Hmm, I wonder. No idea.

Come to think of it, the Smash/Amiibo preorder promo would probably disqualify it from this deal, too, wouldn't it?

EDIT: while I'm looking at the site, it seems that the Lucario Amiibo is TRU-exclusive.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

the truth posted:

Thank you for your kind words of support everyone. Just beat the boss. :frogc00l:

Good job!

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Supercar Gautier posted:

I hope Sakurai comes around on getting some other DLC projects going. Obviously characters are a big undertaking, but I think a stage pack every once in a while would be a great way to expand the game without devaluing what's already in the shipped version. It's working for MK8!

i dunno, Sakurai said they weren't working on anything currently because they want to avoid looking like they cut content just to resell it later. Dude also seems CRAZY tired of working on Smash Bros. He always talks about how much of a privilege it is, but also that he's real tired and every game drives him kinda crazy with how much work he puts in. Also think he wants to work on other stuff - and he should! Look at how much joy and fun was in the new Kid Ikarus.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

US dudes, TRU is doing buy one, get 40% off on all Nintendo games this weekend (Fri/Sat), in-store only:
http://weeklyad.toysrus.com/ToysRUs/ListingDetail/Index/?StoreID=2561407&ListingID=-2036725752&ItemDetailClickSource=grid

Random question, but does anyone know if Best Buy price matches these kinds of sales?

Wanna get Hyrule Warriors finally and this might be the best way to do it.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Arbitrary Coin posted:

Wait, wouldn't this kill your car battery, really, really fast?

No. The battery charges faster than the power being consumed as long as the car is running of course. Longest trip that I have taken doing this so far has been over 5 hours. However, one could actually say that it worked for over 10 hours because the next time my car was turned on was the trip home where the console was on the whole time again.

Also, one phone and the Wii U gamepad were being charged at the same time. It is pretty awesome.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Darth TNT posted:

So have you finished the game already?

That's on the schedule for today.

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

Calico Heart posted:

i dunno, Sakurai said they weren't working on anything currently because they want to avoid looking like they cut content just to resell it later. Dude also seems CRAZY tired of working on Smash Bros. He always talks about how much of a privilege it is, but also that he's real tired and every game drives him kinda crazy with how much work he puts in. Also think he wants to work on other stuff - and he should! Look at how much joy and fun was in the new Kid Ikarus.

Didn't he work himself almost to death on either Melee or Brawl because he got sick but refused to slow down on is workload? Could have sworn I read that somewhere. Either way, yeah, dude is dedicated.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Handsome Ralph posted:

Random question, but does anyone know if Best Buy price matches these kinds of sales?

Wanna get Hyrule Warriors finally and this might be the best way to do it.

Given how much policies like this change you are probably best off just calling and asking.

aquaticrabbit
Aug 2, 2004

TaurusOxford posted:

Smash Bros. is a game that's going to live or die depending on how good its online is. If it's another case of Brawl, then the game is going to die pretty quickly for a lot of people.

I pretty much skipped Brawl completely, so my last Smash experience was Melee. What were the issues with Brawl's online capabilities?

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother
Brawl might as well not have had them it was so slow. I played about 3 matches overall.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Ausgoons, Big W's advertising Smash Bros WiiU for $58. They've also got the Bayonetta twin-pack for $64.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
I beat Bayonetta 1 last night, so I can finally move on to Bayo 2.

Wait what do you mean smash is coming out tonight, gently caress

This same drat thing happened with No More Heroes and Brawl

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
People who talked about the water levels in Tropical Freeze were right. A definite low point in an incredible game. It was just so difficult to control, which I guess was the point, but I felt like I died because of bad controls, not because I screwed up.

gently caress the boss of that world too.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
Just wait until the final boss. We reached him last night and probably burned through 40 lives, which might be a lifetime record for me. Even the hardest bosses in the Souls series didn't kill me this many times.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/535440807214743552

quote:

Mewtwo will be available to purchase later in #SmashBros, for those who don't register both versions.

Well, there it is.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Polo-Rican posted:

Just wait until the final boss. We reached him last night and probably burned through 40 lives, which might be a lifetime record for me. Even the hardest bosses in the Souls series didn't kill me this many times.

I got super angry at the final boss too. Not only is it tricky to jump on him, if you miss you have to dodge bullshit for the next minute before you get another shot. The final boss of TF is easily the lowest point of the game, and if the water levels are compared to that fight those levels rule.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Both NOE and NOA have announced that you get a free soundtrack along with the Mewtwo download code if you register both the 3DS and WiiU versions of Smash Bros.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Polo-Rican posted:

Ornstein & Smough have killed you so many times that the both of them can faithfully recreate your gaping anus from memory alone, even after three years.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Polo-Rican posted:

Is the final boss worse than the final boss in DKC: Returns? I put about 30-40 lives into that fight.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

All Frogs posted:

Didn't he work himself almost to death on either Melee or Brawl because he got sick but refused to slow down on is workload? Could have sworn I read that somewhere. Either way, yeah, dude is dedicated.

I think that rumor exits with regards to every Japanese person who makes things

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

What are the technical pros and cons of downloading Smash to my Wii's USB flash drive, as opposed to running from a disc? I'm on the fence about which to do, since I would like to always have it ready to play without having to worry about a disc, but if it sacrifices any kind of loading time or whatever then that minor benefit isn't meaningful.

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother

Fremry posted:

Is the final boss worse than the final boss in DKC: Returns? I put about 30-40 lives into that fight.

I still can't believe the massive oversight of starting you without Diddy if you died.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

mdemone posted:

What are the technical pros and cons of downloading Smash to my Wii's USB flash drive, as opposed to running from a disc? I'm on the fence about which to do, since I would like to always have it ready to play without having to worry about a disc, but if it sacrifices any kind of loading time or whatever then that minor benefit isn't meaningful.

Honestly, with the way Nintendo optimizes their games, I can't imagine there being a huge difference in loading times, and if there are, the downloaded version would likely be better. The main difference I see is that Nintendo games hold their value and you can resell a disc but you can't resell a downloaded game.

Shelf Adventure posted:

I still can't believe the massive oversight of starting you without Diddy if you died.

Seriously. Same with the -K levels. You get one shot with the character you came in with, then you need to either exit the level and get another character, or do the level without one.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
Do it with one character like a real man

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Fremry posted:

I don't think so. I found the DKC Returns boss way harder (like most of the game), I think the final boss just suffers from the same problem the others do: It takes forever to kill him. The fact that he's hard wouldn't be as much of a problem if he went down quicker. Plus so much of the fight is sitting around waiting and waiting and waiting for your chance to attack him and that kind of fight sucks.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Lucario's Amiibo is Toys R Us exclusive

Figured I should put this here to.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Good. Lucario loving sucks.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

oddium posted:

I think that rumor exits with regards to every Japanese person who makes things

In this particular case, I think it was something about messing up his hands. He'd test stuff by playing two characters at once, one controller in each hand.

I don't know if the actual damage was real or not, but I'm pretty sure there was video of him doing that.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I'll say it: Retro sucks at making bosses. Even in their best Metroid Prime games the bosses are often tedious bullshit that isn't really that fun. They need to outsource boss fights.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think they were just trying to go with the same formula Rare used for bosses in the original DKC games

Pappyland
Jun 17, 2004

There's no limit to your imagination!
College Slice
Which places will be most likely to have a Smash Brothers bundle with controller and adapter tonight/tomorrow? I'd love to take advantage of TRU's B1G1 40% off deal, but they don't seem to have the bundle mentioned anywhere as something they'll carry.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Does anyone have a listing of which Amiibos are retail exclusive and who they're exclusive to? All I know is Shulk is to Gamestop, Meta Knight to Best Buy, and Lucario to TRU.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
That's the known exclusive list at this juncture.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Zombie U is $15 on Amazon, is that a good price?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

mdemone posted:

Do NOT download Wii U games to Flash Drives. EVER. The architecture of flash drive memory limits its read/write cycles and can cause serious issues for how the Wii U loads games.

If you have a dedicated external hard-drive, or more robust Solid-State drive, then downloading is Fine and Good. Occasional improvements in loading-time, the disc-read motor doesn't spin up (though the hard-drive motor isn't necessarily going to be quieter), and you don't have to worry about a disc.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Wildtortilla posted:

Yes, it's the perfect sweet spot price for the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Wildtortilla posted:

Absolutely

• Locked thread