Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

HitTheTargets posted:

I loved that. All the best Stands leverage a weak power with pseudoscience to punch above their weight class. That's why Survivor is so dangerous despite being the weakest of all Stands.

Don't even get me started on all the awesome poo poo Spin can do.

Remember when Johnny shot bullet holes into the snow and sent them onto one of Gyro's steel balls which then shredded apart and turned into a bridge for their horses to run across?

Steel Ball Run is the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Kabanaw posted:

Remember when Johnny shot bullet holes into the snow and sent them onto one of Gyro's steel balls which then shredded apart and turned into a bridge for their horses to run across?

Steel Ball Run is the best.

It really is. I hope we end up meeting another spin user in JoJolion at some point.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

We will. His name is Johnny and some schmuck took over his body after his head was boulder'd. That schmuck is time traveling Dio from another dimension. You can check it out in my fanfiction.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
I'm only partway through part 6 but I understand that parts 7 and 8 take place in a different universe or timelines or some poo poo like that and I think that it would be really rad if in some point the different universes got merged together back into one and characters from the different universes met and all the Jojos teamed up together to go on an adventure and fight some super strong bad guy.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Davinci posted:

I'm only partway through part 6 but I understand that parts 7 and 8 take place in a different universe or timelines or some poo poo like that and I think that it would be really rad if in some point the different universes got merged together back into one and characters from the different universes met and all the Jojos teamed up together to go on an adventure and fight some super strong bad guy.

I hope Araki refrains from that kind of DC Comics stuff.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
The closest we'll get is probably a reference like The World Dio.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

amuayse posted:

As long as it isn't retarded like Sky High somehow causing cancer by making parts of your body colder

I thought it just made your organs fail, not give you cancer

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Davinci posted:

Welcome to good media, where that kind of stuff doesn't happen.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
It would be kind of nice to see the Part 6 epilogue gang show up again, considering they were around for all of 5 pages.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Patware posted:

You say this like at any point Jotaro might not ora through the worldwall and show up (possibly to die immediately, but even so)

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Or like an armless Avdol won't just get tossed into JoJolion along with all the other poo poo Vanilla Ice ate because why the hell not

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Patware posted:

Hahahahahaha.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
I'm not understanding why all you teeth dudes are so against a Jojo all-part crossover. It could be really neat as like a big series climax or something.

Can someone explain, like, with words, why this wouldn't be cool as hell?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Because the stands in Part 7 and 8 are much much weaker than the ones before. They're very specific abilities and situations rather than punchmen with abilities.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

I was actually just about to link to this comic.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

RatHat posted:

Because the stands in Part 7 and 8 are much much weaker than the ones before. They're very specific abilities and situations rather than punchmen with abilities.

Just by the description we've been given, Soft and Wet might be one of the most open ended and powerful stands of all time

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

"I've stolen the ability for your blood to carry oxygen!" :v:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I'm only watching the anime but I'm alright with spoilers for jojo because it just gets me pumped, like everything else about jojo

I keep seeing that Star Platinum is actually the strongest stand which I am thankful for because so far he just punches his way out of almost everything. Even if it is sometimes really satisfying it can get old when fights turn into "oh no what will we do this guy counters us! Haha just kidding, I can punch him again"

But still one of my favorite Star Platinum moments was at the end of Lovers when the screen goes black and everything is silent and Jotaro is like "You can't pay back what you owe..." then this poo poo happens

Then there's just like, 6 different camera angles of the guy getting punched. Then jotaro writes a note and leaves it in the wind and it ends. Best show.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I'm only watching the anime but I'm alright with spoilers for jojo because it just gets me pumped, like everything else about jojo

I keep seeing that Star Platinum is actually the strongest stand which I am thankful for because so far he just punches his way out of almost everything. Even if it is sometimes really satisfying it can get old when fights turn into "oh no what will we do this guy counters us! Haha just kidding, I can punch him again"

But still one of my favorite Star Platinum moments was at the end of Lovers when the screen goes black and everything is silent and Jotaro is like "You can't pay back what you owe..." then this poo poo happens

Then there's just like, 6 different camera angles of the guy getting punched. Then jotaro writes a note and leaves it in the wind and it ends. Best show.

Well, Star Platinum is probably one of the Stands with the most raw power, plus he's got The World's time stop. However, it's hard to say it's the strongest one past Part 4, and even then, it has competition. Part 5 and 6 have some hilariously broken powers, which is why I was kind of happy for the reset and the bizarre Stands it brought.

But yeah, Jotaro does a ton of cool poo poo.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Araki opening up with his ideas for Stand powers in Part 4 and beyond is awesome.

There's no better stand than Pearl Jam though.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

I'm really partial to Tusk, actually, because with it Araki takes what is possibly the silliest power in the entire comic and turns it into a perpetual motion engine with the power of the LORD.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Aurain posted:

Araki opening up with his ideas for Stand powers in Part 4 and beyond is awesome.

There's no better stand than Pearl Jam though.

The best stand is, and always be, Echoes Act 3.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Davinci posted:

I'm not understanding why all you teeth dudes are so against a Jojo all-part crossover. It could be really neat as like a big series climax or something.

Can someone explain, like, with words, why this wouldn't be cool as hell?

It'd be too crowded. Vento Aureo has seven protagonists (not all at once), while this would have eight JoJos and a whole bunch of side characters. Jojo works on cool fights and character interaction, both of which would be strained in this.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I love how the first time Jotaro encounters Josuke's Crazy Diamond, it establishes something stronger than Star Platnium. I believe he says if he couldn't stop time, Josuke woulda slugged him. And all through Part 4, Jotaro is sufficiently neutered. Mostly because he can only stop time for five seconds and the fact most of the Stands he fights are long range and one's an indestructible seeking bomb.

I was kinda worried when I first saw Jotaro in Part 4 that a lot of fights would be ORA'ed away, but nope. Jotaro acts more of a mentor to Josuke and Koichi and only contributes a bit. Jotaro's a fun protagonist in Part 3, but I'm glad he was toned down in 4.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

It would be kind of nice to see the Part 6 epilogue gang show up again, considering they were around for all of 5 pages.

There's really no evidence to suggest that the What A Wonderful Worldverse and the SBRverse are in fact the same universe, other than both being alternate universes to the originalverse.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Moltrey posted:

I love how the first time Jotaro encounters Josuke's Crazy Diamond, it establishes something stronger than Star Platnium. I believe he says if he couldn't stop time, Josuke woulda slugged him. And all through Part 4, Jotaro is sufficiently neutered. Mostly because he can only stop time for five seconds and the fact most of the Stands he fights are long range and one's an indestructible seeking bomb.

I was kinda worried when I first saw Jotaro in Part 4 that a lot of fights would be ORA'ed away, but nope. Jotaro acts more of a mentor to Josuke and Koichi and only contributes a bit. Jotaro's a fun protagonist in Part 3, but I'm glad he was toned down in 4.

It's only one second in Part 4, right?

Tusk is great though. CHUUUUMIIIIIIIIIIIN

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Waffleman_ posted:

There's really no evidence to suggest that the What A Wonderful Worldverse and the SBRverse are in fact the same universe, other than both being alternate universes to the originalverse.

There's no evidence to suggest that they aren't. Araki could easily tie them in if he wanted to.

Aurain posted:

He maxes out at 2 seconds in part 4. Once he gets Star Platinum The World in part 6 then he can do 5 seconds.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Aurain posted:

Yeah, it's only a couple seconds, but then again that ability always seemed to be kind of vague in the exact amount of time it could be used. Star Platinum and The World can stop time for as long as is needed to serve a purpose in the narrative.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Not that it especially helps prove canonicity, but doesn't a version of the ASB instruction booklet say that SBR-verse is different to the End of Part 6?

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Jotaro still hands Kira his rear end after making his signature killer pun.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

He maxes out at 2 seconds in part 4. Once he gets Star Platinum The World in part 6 then he can do 5 seconds.

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Yeah, it's only a couple seconds,

Aurain posted:

Oh dang, could've sworn he could do five in Part 4. I only remember him using to try and destroy Sheer Heart Attack and that didn't end well.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I thought during the Pucci battle he said he could stop it for ten?

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I thought during the Pucci battle he said he could stop it for ten?

He's down to about a second and has to rest in between uses by that point.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Jotaro is too busy studying whales and poo poo to work out his time-stopping muscles.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

"Star Platinum: The Waldo"
"Quick draw that Dolphin in full flight, SP!"
"~Yare Yare"

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Moltrey posted:

Even then its still clear that Jotaro is the most powerful character in that arc.

Hell, Kira's plan (especially at the end) was basically "stay away from Jotaro Kujo at all costs".

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I was actually just about to link to this comic.

Then go ahead. I think we'd all like to read it

MelvinBison posted:

He's down to about a second and has to rest in between uses by that point.

I thought that was because made in heaven was speeding the universe up?

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Neo_Crimson posted:

Even then its still clear that Jotaro is the most powerful character in that arc.

Hell, Kira's plan (especially at the end) was basically "stay away from Jotaro Kujo at all costs".

The only thing that stops Jotaro from instantly winning fights is the time it takes for him to think up one liners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Neo_Crimson posted:

I feel like I remember when Josuke's fighting Kira + Stray Cat and he sees how varied Josuke's fixing ability he is, he outright says that Josuke's the real threat. At the climax when Kira's about to use Bites the Dust for the last time, everyone's yelling that Jotaro is the only one who can close in on him fast enough thanks to stopping time, but even then Jotaro realizes that one or two seconds of stopped time isn't enough to bridge the distance.

Then Kira gets run over by an ambulance.

R.I.P Yoshikage Kira

• Locked thread