Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP
Is anybody in this thread on Brynhildr? I'm probably just going to stick with this world for now. Just hit 30 on my conjurer and want to give it a couple months to see if I keep playing the game before paying to transfer (if I transfer).

Healing is fun because you get lots of commendations just for existing and showing basic competence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

So what's the deal with berserk in that spreadsheet? A side effect of additive vs. multiplicative damage multipliers?

e: Oh, I guess it could have something to do with the fact that it's raising "attack power" vs. "damage dealt".

Vil fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Nov 20, 2014

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Can any master crafters give me some advice or point me towards some resources on how to tackle the turn-in tokens for the new master books? I've got 441 craft, 402 control, and 392 CP with food, but I don't really know what my process should be.

laststandb
Jul 31, 2014

Fister Roboto posted:

Can any master crafters give me some advice or point me towards some resources on how to tackle the turn-in tokens for the new master books? I've got 441 craft, 402 control, and 392 CP with food, but I don't really know what my process should be.

Since you have your supra you should be using a conservative rotation.

Here's my rotation. http://i.imgur.com/H1FkdFL.png. The major benefit is that you will be able to know if you need to reclaim before you Master Mend II.

Keep in mind that it is Waste Not I. For HI Cp you will need about 5 ToTs.

Edit: If you don't have the supra then your plan should be the rotation listed at the bottom, and don't reclaim as much so you can make your supra.

laststandb fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Nov 20, 2014

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Is there a JOHN loving MADDEN/FUTON IS LOVE, FUTON IS LIFE spreadsheet for tanks

i need them for reasons if so

edit: also repost the JFM/FILFIL flowcharts tia

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

laststandb posted:

Here's my rotation. http://i.imgur.com/H1FkdFL.png. The major benefit is that you will be able to know if you need to reclaim before you Master Mend II.

Edit: If you don't have the supra then your plan should be the rotation listed at the bottom, and don't reclaim as much so you can make your supra.

I actually don't have my supra yet! I just have max melded AF gear and jewelry, artisan specs, ehcatl gloves, and a decently melded artisan offhand.

I've seen that flowchart before, and I kind of like it, but it feels a little lacking in details. How much is "a ton of CP" exactly?

Kodilynn
Sep 29, 2006
I ran with a Warrior who was named Nonstop Wargasm a long time ago. He was a good tank too.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Kitfox88 posted:

Is there a JOHN loving MADDEN/FUTON IS LOVE, FUTON IS LIFE spreadsheet for tanks

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Kitfox88 posted:

made one during my lunch break, look at these pro mspaint skills

laststandb
Jul 31, 2014

Fister Roboto posted:

I actually don't have my supra yet! I just have max melded AF gear and jewelry, artisan specs, ehcatl gloves, and a decently melded artisan offhand.

I've seen that flowchart before, and I kind of like it, but it feels a little lacking in details. How much is "a ton of CP" exactly?

A ton of CP is 205-225 before you use the third comfort zone (it occurs more often than you think).

Your rotation should be (not going to bother with typing out SH2/ToT/the second CZ since those are so specific). The thresholds for quality are the same. Always IQ11, IQ10 good. IQ9 might as well reclaim.

CZ->IQ->PBP->PBP->ING2->RS->RS->HT/RS->HT->HT (Fail one or two? Reclaim)
MMII
HT->HT->HT->MMI*->HT->HT->HT->HT

Then you BB Fish

GS->(SH optional)->(innovation optional)->(Observe if you don't have the CP to SH/innovation)->BB

And finish with an unbuffed CS2

This rotation is statistically speaking higher HQ chance. However you won't be able to know if you have to reclaim until very late in the synthesis. So it is a lot slower.

Note: You may not be able to have the CP to MMI, if you have the cross class space for Waste Not it would be good to use that instead. However that requires 12 cross class slots.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
I had always wondered why 90% of FC tanks were garbage. Now I know.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Stufoo posted:

If you low DPS parsers would post how long the fight took someone could actually tell you if your parsers are broken or not, a single number says nothing and is highly inaccurate.

Can you explain this a bit more? I think most folks are just using out of the box settings on ACT (at least I am). What do you mean by a 'broken' parser?

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

I don't know if I like this or the SCH one more.

Bulk Slabhead
Oct 18, 2013

Rei_ posted:

Oh yeah I see retweets of Mr Face all the time

His main is on excal, denmo. He's a pretty ok dude.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

Kitfox88 posted:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Robo Reagan posted:

Ixal quests start getting pretty lovely later on yeah. Certain classes have advantages over others when you're kept from using cross class stuff.

Inner Quiet -> Steady Hand -> Advanced Touch pretty much takes care of any of those restricted crafts.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Boy I sure love all these overly complicated flowcharts with a million memes shoved into them! Super useful!

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E

Fister Roboto posted:

Boy I sure love all these overly complicated flowcharts with a million memes shoved into them! Super useful!

Fister what happened. You used to post really dumb stuff all the time and you're rapidly becoming a fun hater. Did you :gitgud:?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Fister Roboto posted:

1 2 3 all day every day

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Belzac posted:

Fister what happened. You used to post really dumb stuff all the time and you're rapidly becoming a fun hater. Did you :gitgud:?

Dealing with goons in real time has turned me into a cynical, bitter husk of a man.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Belzac posted:

Well to be fair the players that aren't playing optimally are likely to be as new as just having finished the story, or freshly levelled an alt to 50. So these charts that substitute things like nice organization, skill names, effects for dumb memes like "John Maddens" are likely to be confusing moreso then helpful.

And then you go to some awful place like reddit and the nicely written out rotation charts are like "Always be in shield oath and use this combo for max enmity!!" :downs:

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings

inSTAALed posted:

Is anybody in this thread on Brynhildr? I'm probably just going to stick with this world for now. Just hit 30 on my conjurer and want to give it a couple months to see if I keep playing the game before paying to transfer (if I transfer).

Healing is fun because you get lots of commendations just for existing and showing basic competence.

I have an alt on it I play once in a blue moon (but probably won't touch until I've caught up on gear and stuff on Excalibur due to the patch). I am a bit proud of the name though, a male roe named Bynedych Cymbyrbaech. Server feels pretty dead in comparison to Excalibur though.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

zolthorg posted:

Well to be fair the players that aren't playing optimally are likely to be as new as just having finished the story, or freshly levelled an alt to 50. So these charts that substitute things like nice organization, skill names, effects for dumb memes like "John Maddens" are likely to be confusing moreso then helpful.

And then you go to some awful place like reddit and the nicely written out rotation charts are like "Always be in shield oath and use this combo for max enmity!!" :downs:

Ninja is way easier than that flowchart makes it seem. Probably true for pretty much all the others.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Eej posted:

Inner Quiet -> Steady Hand -> Advanced Touch pretty much takes care of any of those restricted crafts.

Better, IQ, Great Strides -> Steady Hand -> Advanced Touch, repeat alternating between Great Strides and Advanced Touch.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Robo Reagan posted:

Ninja is way easier than that flowchart makes it seem. Probably true for pretty much all the others.

Yeah most of the classes are pretty easy if you're looking at them from a perspective of an advanced player? Hell I even have a set of near universal keybinds that work on almost every Job too (dot button dot 2 button, heal/dodge, heal/dodge 2, heal/dodge 3, aoe, aoe2, aoe3, combo 1,2,3. combo 1b,2b,3b. etc. Attack buff 1,2,3,4 macro button, Stance swapping 1,2,3 or 1/2 macro button or on/off etc.)

That's why i'm saying you have all the more reason to only put out explanatory well described flowcharts. Because they're for the players that NEED them.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I wish more classes had something like that paladin breakdown. It looked slick and gave a good explanation of everything and when you should be using it without drawing a bunch of JOHN MADDEN LOL squiggles.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

zolthorg posted:

Yeah most of the classes are pretty easy if you're looking at them from a perspective of an advanced player? Hell I even have a set of near universal keybinds that work on almost every Job too (dot button dot 2 button, heal/dodge, heal/dodge 2, heal/dodge 3, aoe, aoe2, aoe3, combo 1,2,3. combo 1b,2b,3b. etc. Attack buff 1,2,3,4 macro button, Stance swapping 1,2,3 or 1/2 macro button or on/off etc.)

That's why i'm saying you have all the more reason to only put out explanatory well described flowcharts. Because they're for the players that NEED them.

Those flowcharts do a lot more harm than good sometimes. Have you seen the Wrath-era Cat flowchart? It *looks* complicated, but it's not.

This is the real one:

This is the joke:

And the reality of it is, keep all your bleeds running, keep your autoattack buff running, and keep your major damage cooldown on cooldown unless you need to save for a burn phase. Outside of refreshing the bleed damage increase debuff, use that other attack that you get bonus damage from for hitting from behind. And if you capped out on combo points too fast, flush it to the combo point flushing move.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
Hey I use fuma shuriken for t11 add phase don't make fun of me flowchart

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Robo Reagan posted:

I wish more classes had something like that paladin breakdown. It looked slick and gave a good explanation of everything and when you should be using it without drawing a bunch of JOHN MADDEN LOL squiggles.

I really hope you're not talking about this thing:

Stufoo posted:

A+ tank 5/5 Determination is good it stops damage coming in

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Those flowcharts do a lot more harm than good sometimes. Have you seen the Wrath-era Cat flowchart? It *looks* complicated, but it's not.

This is the real one:

This is the joke:

And the reality of it is, keep all your bleeds running, keep your autoattack buff running, and keep your major damage cooldown on cooldown unless you need to save for a burn phase. Outside of refreshing the bleed damage increase debuff, use that other attack that you get bonus damage from for hitting from behind. And if you capped out on combo points too fast, flush it to the combo point flushing move.

I'll just pretend that you posted about Dragoons instead of a completely different game since the 27 Step perfect Rotation and keep your debuffs running applies similarly to them.

There should be a simplified and fully optimal rotation flowchart for every class. Objectively. Simplified being exactly what you say but again without stupid ms paint lines and memes. And advanced being the whole nerd rear end 27 button rotation for people who are able to memorize those kinds of things (i.e. someone who plays a single class or two) and simplified exists so people have a rough idea as to how not to be terrible / from a less elitist players standpoint "contribute to the team to the best of their abilities".

Fister Roboto posted:

This is explicitly what I mentioned when I said the only good looking flowcharts out there were stupid and skipped main aspects of the class like how to optimize for DPS as a Paladin

e: It barely even qualifies as a loving flow-chart

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Fister Roboto posted:

Oh jesus, I misremembered. Nevermind.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Verranicus posted:

When NIN came out half of Balmung changed their names to stereotypical Japanese/anime names, so be glad you at least get to see some funny names.

EDIT: Scratch that, there is at least one interesting person here. His name is Mr Face, and he's a naked Roegadyn with pitch black skin and white face paint on who hides in random places around the world/corners of unlocked FC houses so only his face is visibl;e and just idles there for hours creeping people out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TtUBZyYJr0

He's an alt of Denmo Mcstronghuge. Pretty cool dude.

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP

Comic posted:

I have an alt on it I play once in a blue moon (but probably won't touch until I've caught up on gear and stuff on Excalibur due to the patch). I am a bit proud of the name though, a male roe named Bynedych Cymbyrbaech. Server feels pretty dead in comparison to Excalibur though.

My characters name is Scalding Bidet and when people know what a bidet is, they say it sounds painful.

They aren't wrong.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

laststandb posted:

I didn't bother with waste not and used manipulation instead. I just use manipulation after MMII if I can't MMII again. It's also restricted in how and when you can use it. You'll waste a bunch of tot procs, and stacking multiples is really awkward too.

Besides, 1 manipulation + MMII allow you to go to 11 stacks with no breaks. If you have enough CP for MMII + MMII, you don't need waste not in the first place (assuming semi-decent RNG on touches), and that rotation puts waste not at the start so you don't know if you need it in the first place (you should use waste not at the start, I'm just saying that's another of its problems).

Algid fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Nov 20, 2014

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

inSTAALed posted:

I'm on Brynhildr. Got a 2-man FC, we're both relatively new to the game and just hit level 30 as well. He plays THM and I'm a tank. Feel free to hit me up in game if you need a tank (Supreme Cat).

I've played on Hyperion and Excalibur as well and I like Brynhildr. I suppose it's quieter but it never strikes me as dead.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Here's another recruit-a-friend code. I don't have any friends, so I guess someone on here will have to do.

GP2XTBJ8

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

In general, Waste Not feels very awkward to use compared to Manipulation because you can waste WN stacks, but rarely ever waste Manipulation.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Are there any Dragoons around that are using the Wootz Mail set that can snap a few pics? I see a lot of the i110 tank Wootz armor but very little of the Mail.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Intoluene posted:

Holy moly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Intoluene posted:

this is a good video

• Locked thread