Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
I still owe you folks 2 prize rolls (October and Q2), as well as some assorted record keeping, but I wanted to mention that my KR Multicase prize from last season arrived. And holy poo poo.

So I knew I was getting the box and foam, but what's this?

A really sweet carrying case!

And a...shiny thing?

That opens into 2 velvet-lined dice trays, containing a tape measure and a shitload of dice.

:aaa: They're pretty legit, guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
KR stuff is dope and everyone should use their poo poo. Glad you're digging that case!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

SRM posted:

KR stuff is dope and everyone should use their poo poo. Glad you're digging that case!

Yeahm I bought one this weekend at Warfare in Reading - remembering to tell the guy I heard about him in this thread.

He was a freindly guy - he likes painting models more than wargaming, and said this thread was exactly the kind of thing he loves to sponser.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Ledgem posted:

Oathing for November; Nephilim Bloodseer from Privateer Press[b]

[b]Oath Accepted!

Iris of Ether posted:

I still owe you folks 2 prize rolls (October and Q2), as well as some assorted record keeping, but I wanted to mention that my KR Multicase prize from last season arrived. And holy poo poo.

<snip>

:aaa: They're pretty legit, guys.

NTRabbit, there's your answer :)

Grey Hunter posted:

Yeahm I bought one this weekend at Warfare in Reading - remembering to tell the guy I heard about him in this thread.

He was a freindly guy - he likes painting models more than wargaming, and said this thread was exactly the kind of thing he loves to sponser.

And yeah KR Multicase is pretty awesome :) I got my Kaiser 3 last week from their 10th anniversary deal (buy a carry case and get another card case free) so I finally have something to put nearly all of my Tyranids, Chaos Marines and Dark Eldar into! They finally have foam homes!

And thanks a ton Grey Hunter for mentioning the thread to Daryl (the owner of the company and designer of the card case) - it really helps!

lovestick posted:

How do I go about doing an alternate universe oath? Same as a regular one but labelled as such?

I...can't remember my answer to this same question previously, someone brought it up a while back. I'll have to dig back through my posts!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

krushgroove posted:

Oath Accepted!
And yeah KR Multicase is pretty awesome :) I got my Kaiser 3 last week from their 10th anniversary deal (buy a carry case and get another card case free) so I finally have something to put nearly all of my Tyranids, Chaos Marines and Dark Eldar into! They finally have foam homes!

And thanks a ton Grey Hunter for mentioning the thread to Daryl (the owner of the company and designer of the card case) - it really helps!
No problem, always willing to hepl - and I had a good chat with him, and I think i've sold my Brother (who was getting his first minis in 20 years or so) into getting one at some point!

I ordered the DZC rucksack with space for one case, and while I didn't get the branded rucksack, I got the rucksack with space for two cases instead! So yeah, I'm drat happy with their service. I've just got to put some models in mine now. The Card cases look like reasonablly good value for storage as well.

don't get put off by the fact that their card, in real life they seem to be incredibally sturdy. I'm sure as long as I don't get them wet they'll be fine :)

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Sorry I wasn't clear - this was my first carry bag from them but the 4 card cases I got nearly doubled the number KR card cases I have :) Most of my Nids have lived in Cadbury's plastic candy 'tins' and about half my DE were in random boxes before I got the Kaiser 3. One of the players in my group has the Kaiser 2 and another has a 2-case backpack. And the dice box thing is awesome, I love mine!

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

More organized than me. I have 3 cardboard boxes full of 'Nids (the box that the old Megaforces came in!), separated into small stuff, MCs, and everything inbetween.
When there's that many models, it's just far too much effort (and cost) to transport so many little models than hang wildly over the edge (and Tyranids get even less case-friendly with every new release!).

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
I tried keeping my 'gants and 'gaunts in plastic takeout food containers, 10 to a box (for easy counting during play) , but that became impractical eventually so I bit the bullet and got the KR deal. For my Tervigons (very tall!) I got a sturdy cardboard box from work, lined it with spare foam, used Uhu glue to glue the remnants of the KR pick-and-pluck foam trays and made my own MC case that should be good for a long time. It'll hold a Mawloc/Trygon and 3 Tervigons/Tyrannofexes. Doesn't look great, but it works.

To properly store away my Tyranids I'll still need at least another KR case for my 'thropes, Genestealers and future 'gaunts, plus make another box for my Harpy and future purchases like the Exocrines and Tyrannocytes that were recently released.

This Oath Thread break brought to by KR Multicase :)

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

krushgroove posted:

This Oath Thread break brought to by KR Multicase :)
KR Multicase - Soft foam for minis, hard cases for soft foam

:v:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

NTRabbit posted:

KR Multicase - Soft foam for minis, hard cases for soft foam

:v:

Oath Accepted!

(if you edit your post with what those models are...)

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

krushgroove posted:

Oath Accepted!

(if you edit your post with what those models are...)

It's an old oath, not a new one, was just putting up sponsor material radio style!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Ah, OK ;)

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Let's ease back in.

Oathing 1 Mars Attacks Truck:

Mantic Games, 28mm

Oath Addition:

5 Mars Attacks! Survivors (Craig, Tunga, Blaine, Phil, and Eva). I'm not sure if adding a hat counts for a hairstyle, but if so that's my journal.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Oath Addition:

5 Mars Attacks! Survivors (Craig, Tunga, Blaine, Phil, and Eva). I'm not sure if adding a hat counts for a hairstyle, but if so that's my journal.

Sure, the hat counts. Oath Accepted!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following minis for the month of November 2014:
40 28mm Dwarf Trollslayers Berserkers from Avatars of War

Hopefully that pic shows off the minis well enough (they're in 10x4 formation)

40 beards should do for the Jurnal!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Grey Hunter posted:

I Grey Hunter, Oath for the month of November

The 6mm stuff - by Baccus Minitures
192 Portuguese infantry
48 French Chasseurs

The 28mm scale stuff - From the Mansions of Madness game by Fantasy Flight Games
1 Black Goat of the Woods
2 Byakee
4 Investigators.

Apparently I can now burn through 6mm stuff at an unholy rate, so lets finish off the Mansions of Madness stuff from the Call of the Wilds expansion. I may be back with some Descent second edition stuff, as I have a week off next week as well....

Thats
1 Dunwich Horror
1 Wizard Whatley
2 Goatspawn
2 Cultists

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
Whoops, another late entry :(

I, drgnvale, oath for the month of November:

1 Games Workshop space marine with a big laser gun.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
Additional Oath!

I, Slimnoid, Oath the following additional models for November: A count-as Dark Angels Azrael and his helm bearer (28mm, Games Workshop)

To go with this month's journal, I sculpted a little mohawk on Azrael's head.

Grr, angry!

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
:vomarine: November oath completed! :vomarine:

Claiming:
Monthly theme: Movember, Bearded vikings and Dwarf
Themed group for the Vikings
and I rolled a 6! for the Dwarf die bearer

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Nov 25, 2014

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
Additional Oath!

I, Weirdo, Oath the following three additional models for November: An ogre command group (28mm, Mantic)

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Zark the Damned posted:

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following minis for the month of November 2014:
40 28mm Dwarf Trollslayers Berserkers from Avatars of War

Hopefully that pic shows off the minis well enough (they're in 10x4 formation)

40 beards should do for the Jurnal!

Grey Hunter posted:

Apparently I can now burn through 6mm stuff at an unholy rate, so lets finish off the Mansions of Madness stuff from the Call of the Wilds expansion. I may be back with some Descent second edition stuff, as I have a week off next week as well....

Thats
1 Dunwich Horror
1 Wizard Whatley
2 Goatspawn
2 Cultists

drgnvale posted:

Whoops, another late entry :(

I, drgnvale, oath for the month of November:

1 Games Workshop space marine with a big laser gun.

Slimnoid posted:

Additional Oath!

I, Slimnoid, Oath the following additional models for November: A count-as Dark Angels Azrael and his helm bearer (28mm, Games Workshop)

To go with this month's journal, I sculpted a little mohawk on Azrael's head.

Grr, angry!

Oaths Accepted!

Weirdo posted:

Additional Oath!

I, Weirdo, Oath the following three additional models for November: An ogre command group (28mm, Mantic)

Unfortunately you forgot the American Samoa time - sorry to be a stickler about this but don't want to let things slip too much! if you can re-take the Oath photo with whatever progress you've made you'll be fine.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

krushgroove posted:

Oaths Accepted!

Unfortunately you forgot the American Samoa time - sorry to be a stickler about this but don't want to let things slip too much! if you can re-take the Oath photo with whatever progress you've made you'll be fine.

Whoops, keep forgetting that :doh:

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
:pcgaming:OATH COMPLETE:pcgaming:
I painted up those bikes. I painted the bikers last month so they won't be included, but here's a themed group of motorcycles without riders:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Weirdo posted:

Whoops, keep forgetting that :doh:

No worries! Oath Accepted!

Also, the Judges have the September completed Oaths in hand and will be purveying their judgements soon!

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Let's ease back in.

Oathing 1 Mars Attacks Truck:

Mantic Games, 28mm

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Oath Addition:

Another oath addition!

A set of resin crate markers for Deadzone, Mantic Games, 28mm.

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
Guess I should get started...
This month I oath this 40k Ork Nob

I kept the head and body apart for the pic because the body was a second-hand strip job that still looks stained from the old primer. Hope that is OK

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
Smell that? It's almost the end of the month. This is when I crawl out of my hole of procrastination to make an oath.

I WhiteOutMouse Oath 10 guardsmen (1x sarge, 2x flamer and 7x lasgun). Mantic 28mm models, GW flamers and arms.

Themed Group, and I will be painting some facial hair. I was going to model it, but these faces are so drat tiny, it would look like a slug was on his lips.

The sarg is not basecoated with the airbrush of red. MSP was goading me to oathing a full squad of 10, but I didn't have any sargs in my stockpile of sprayed guys.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I Raphus C oath 1 tankbusta, GW 28mm:

Here is a pic of the sculpted backpack:

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I, Schmetterling, oath this Reaper Bones muscle guy with super tough greenstuff mohawk

Vermintide
Oct 26, 2013

Whoops, got so distracted with video games I almost missed this month's oath!

I, Vermintide, oath 6 bases of Giant Rats (11 actual rats) and one Skaven Pack Master (GW, 28mm)

Bachtere
Sep 25, 2005

09/13/07

Never Forget

Pillbug
:ducksiren: September judgment! :ducksiren:

Third Place, 1 Point: Gareth Gobulcoque

Great work once again, like the different colored sails on the smaller ships. The cream color on the big dwarf ship looks cool too, goes well with the green and gold. Great work on the ogre headed dog.

Second Place, 2 Points: Signal

Great work this month on both the quality and quantity of the models. Your style matches with the Malifaux models really well. Your blood splatters look sweat, and I really like the freehand on the skirt.

First Place, 3 Points: Slimnoid

I love, love, love this unit. Cool take on the ghouls, great color choice. The bases compliment the models perfectly, and the snow is great as well.

Jurnal, 1 Point: Slimnoid

Great concept and execution. Excellent green stuff work, very cool model.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
:siren:Oath Complete!:siren:

Impact Miniatures Sarcos Mixed Team

Dreadnought

Count-as Azrael

I'm claiming this month's journal on Azrael, as I sculpted a mohawk on his head:

FROOOOOOOOG
Jan 28, 2009
wait poo poo did I just miss the deadline?

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
OATH COMPLETE

Not my proudest effort, but it'll do. And yes, I wimped out and painted rather than drilled the gun barrels because gently caress trying to drill those metal bits deeply enough to look good. :shepicide:

JURNAL is the hopefully visible gray stubble on the erstwhile Astartes's scalp and jaw.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Another oath addition!

A set of resin crate markers for Deadzone, Mantic Games, 28mm.

Deanut Pancer posted:

Guess I should get started...
This month I oath this 40k Ork Nob

WhiteOutMouse posted:

Smell that? It's almost the end of the month. This is when I crawl out of my hole of procrastination to make an oath.

I WhiteOutMouse Oath 10 guardsmen (1x sarge, 2x flamer and 7x lasgun). Mantic 28mm models, GW flamers and arms.

Raphus C posted:

I Raphus C oath 1 tankbusta, GW 28mm:

Schmetterling posted:

I, Schmetterling, oath this Reaper Bones muscle guy with super tough greenstuff mohawk

Vermintide posted:

Whoops, got so distracted with video games I almost missed this month's oath!

I, Vermintide, oath 6 bases of Giant Rats (11 actual rats) and one Skaven Pack Master (GW, 28mm)

Oaths Accepted!

FROOOOOOOOG posted:

wait poo poo did I just miss the deadline?

You did indeed, yesterday! Sorry I didn't post a warning, I was watching Nico Rosberg gently caress up his last chance to win his first F1 championship and yesterday I was painting most of the day.

So, yes! Everyone now has less than a week to get their November Oaths finished up!

LaikatheSpaceDog
May 1, 2014

Well, crap. And I've had my oath ready to go for a while now... Somehow the actual timing of the oath deadline escaped me! It's a cruel world...

Can the whales be saved for a missed oath deadline?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Krushgroove I sent you a pm the other day, is your inbox full? :ohdear:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

LaikatheSpaceDog posted:

Well, crap. And I've had my oath ready to go for a while now... Somehow the actual timing of the oath deadline escaped me! It's a cruel world...

Can the whales be saved for a missed oath deadline?

Well you haven't actually Oathed it, which means it's not painted at all (apart from primer), so it's probably best to just save it for December.

NTRabbit posted:

Krushgroove I sent you a pm the other day, is your inbox full? :ohdear:

Oh no I got it just fine, I'm letting your suggestion digest while I try to holistically come up with how to do it :) (basically I'm sitting on it for the moment!) I'm sure we'll work something out, just getting some other stuff sorted that's been waiting and I'll get back to you this week! Sorry I didn't reply sooner.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

No worries, I'm open to ideas, that's just the first one I had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whiskey
Feb 8, 2004

Back with another one of those block rockin' BEATS
My first oath is complete. I think I went overboard on the dry brushing and washes and I regret not drilling the barrels.

This was painted with mixture of Army Painter, Citadel, and Createx paints using an airbrush and regular brush.

• Locked thread