Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

TM Waspinator is a gem. Even he Jet mode is surprisingly good instead of an afterthought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Blackheart posted:

I will always love Transmetals Scavenger. He's Inferno, no matter what anybody says. He has drill hands. DRILL. HANDS. No transformer has a more insane grin. He is a metal ant and metal ants are rad. He has demon horns, and a metal rear end.

I love you TM Scavenger, you'll never warm pegs in my heart.

Scavenger was the best, just fun as hell.

Does Hasbro offer free replacement parts? Some people got into my stuff and just totally lost Jetfire's missile, and I would like a complete one, as a sentimental thing. I got free Stickers for my Kre-o Ratchet and sideswipe, but that was because they were defective, not sure on "I have jerk rear end 'friends' who don't know how to keep their drat hands off other people's poo poo."

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Anora posted:

Does Hasbro offer free replacement parts? Some people got into my stuff and just totally lost Jetfire's missile, and I would like a complete one, as a sentimental thing. I got free Stickers for my Kre-o Ratchet and sideswipe, but that was because they were defective, not sure on "I have jerk rear end 'friends' who don't know how to keep their drat hands off other people's poo poo."

I'm pretty sure that the CS team keeps extra missiles around for products that have missiles for that purpose, kids lose those things all the time - give them a call, worst case is they say no or charge you shipping

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Found a Roadbuster last night. He ended up with none of the big problems I've seen mentioned - no stress marks, hips are fine, the shoulder ratchets ARE tight in one direction but if you push on them in a certain way they go boneless. He's not bad, but that's about it for me. I don't feel like there's really anything special to him, other than coming with a bucket of guns. I've already got horribly beweaponed autobots that turn into chunky trucks - I just dug ROTF Brawn out of my storage bin on the weekend. That niche is already filled. I never had any of the Takatoku bots as a kid, so I'm not nostalgic about him, and unlike Whirl, RB's still a complete cipher in the comics. He's just this guy that likes fighting. So, I guess he's pretty cool, and it's neat that I've got a lot of the Wreckers now (and they're all Voyager-size or bigger, including 3P Broadside of the Horrendously Stiff Hips), but he's not much more than that for me.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
Oh hey, there's a decent head sculpt under all the terrible decisions:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
He's crying because he's stuck with that lovely body

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Captain Invictus posted:

He's crying because he's stuck with that lovely body
Ironhide in the comics has a new body.

A new toy will most certainly be on the way.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

The Taint Reaper posted:

Isn't that body kinda based on his Fall Of Cybertron appearance?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The Taint Reaper posted:

I think you've got that backwards (see also: Goldfire Bumblebee, Jhiaxus, Dreadwing, Rattrap).

Is Nightbeat in the comics still using his old body? Or does he have a new "Goldfire mold repaint" body like the toy?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Oh hey, there's a decent head sculpt under all the terrible decisions:

has there ever been a good mini-van transformer?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
Just to clarify about that Ratchet picture, along with the usual modifications to that figure you can find on TFW, I put a lot of time into reshaping his head crest. And boy howdy, that thing is hosed up right out of the box. Too thick, wrong shape...being able to actually see his eyes adds a lot.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Bit the bullet and bought Armada Starscream and Skywarp. Now except for Megatron I have every one of the comic pack figures. Does anyone have the Waspinator comic that they wouldn't mind parting with?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Bit the bullet and bought Armada Starscream and Skywarp. Now except for Megatron I have every one of the comic pack figures. Does anyone have the Waspinator comic that they wouldn't mind parting with?

Just the comic? I think I have it around somewhere.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

Just the comic? I think I have it around somewhere.

Yeah, that would be awesome. I bought him from someone here and they didn't have the comic. Now I want the whole series because I'm a completest again. Just lemme know what I'll owe you.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

If mike doesn't have it, I can hook you up - I've got it handy right now.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Here is Brainstorm doing his best Smooth Criminal.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Unnnnnnngh. I want dat bot sooo bad.

PriNcessofDarXness
Jun 16, 2009
Sorry I'm late but count me in for secret Santa! I got an AWESOME(as if there were any other kind) Cyberjet last year!

Also, I've got Prid Magnus, would anyone also recommend the platinum or beast hunters Magnus...es?(Magni?) And are there any third party Classics styled heads I can use to replace the flat-featured Prime style heads?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I have both voyagers and I think BH Magnus is better overall. I don't think there are any replacement heads.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Phy posted:

Found a Roadbuster last night.

Update: Roadbuster is for looking swank as gently caress with Whirl.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Has a review of MP Bumble been posted yet? Because RKA has one up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaVwrvarJGQ

Really gorgeous color

Phy posted:

Update: Roadbuster is for looking swank as gently caress with Whirl.
Now add Jetfire to complete the holy trinity

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

It’s time for…
THE TRANSFORMERS THREAD SECRET SANTA!

Yes, it’s that time of the year again!

If you're new to this Secret Santa malarkey, we all throw our names into my hat, receive a random name, and send that person a lovely gift of Transformers goodies, toys, candy, maybe some booze, and all around a big ol' ball of holiday cheer! It's fun, trust me. No really.

SIGNING UP:

1 )Right, I’m trying something new here. Sign up here: http://goo.gl/forms/CyKDVj8AJb

If you find you are having problems, email me at :siren: doctorwhosecretsanta [at] gmail [dot] com :siren:
In the subject, please include the tag [TFSS] as I am running another Secret Santa and don’t want to confuse the two.

2) Post in this thread! Tell us what kinds of stuff you're into! Once Santas are assigned, we're all going to be trying to figure each other out, so some healthy conversation will help things go smoothly.

3) DEADLINE: The deadline for sign-ups is FRIDAY NOVEMBER 28TH! #SAVETHEDAY Assignments should go out shortly thereafter.

4) BUDGET: Somewhere in the $25-$30 (£15-20) range (before shipping). You're welcome to spend more, but that's no guarantee you'll get that much in return. Gag gifts are cool, but please include some kind of actual gift.

5) COLLEGE STUDENTS: Remember that these gifts will likely go out around the holiday break, so be mindful of which address you give me. If you have any concerns about packages being stolen from your doorstep, use the address of your work/friend/parents, just so long as it's cool with them.

4) INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING: If you sign up for this, you are agreeing to the possibility of getting an international address. The USPS international price calculator can be found here.

5) SHIPPING DEADLINES:
• International - Friday December 12th (This is the UK to US last shipping date, so I'd imagine the same is true vice versa)
• Within the same country - Wednesday December 17th

6) WHEN YOUR GIFT ARRIVES: Show us your loot! You can wait until Christmas morning if you want, but still, show us all the awesome goodies Santa brought you.

7) LATE PACKAGES: If you haven't received your gift by January 1st, let me know so I can look into it. If you haven't SENT your gift by December 17th, let me know so I can contact your recipient.

8) DON'T BE A DEADBEAT: If you sign up, please get your person something. Nobody likes a deadbeat santa.

9) FINALLY: A Merry Christmas to all of you at home!

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
Great job on the Secret Santa post!

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
So some folks may find it an odd choice but I pulled the trigger on Quantron which should arrive today.

Computron was the only complete combiner I had as a kid (aside from a broken Devastator) and as a kid I had built him up in my head as the ultimate bad rear end in the toy box. Him and Powermaster Prime would go on buddy adventures on the stair case wading through hordes of decepticons, lego creatures, and the Shredder.

The Maketoys one seems more a reimagining than a super faithful recreation but that kinda suits my feelings about the character.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

DisposableHero posted:

So some folks may find it an odd choice but I pulled the trigger on Quantron which should arrive today.

Computron was the only complete combiner I had as a kid (aside from a broken Devastator) and as a kid I had built him up in my head as the ultimate bad rear end in the toy box. Him and Powermaster Prime would go on buddy adventures on the stair case wading through hordes of decepticons, lego creatures, and the Shredder.

The Maketoys one seems more a reimagining than a super faithful recreation but that kinda suits my feelings about the character.

Just don't let your dog play with it:

(not mine, peaugh retweeted it from some other dude)

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Nov 21, 2014

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
drat! No dog fortunately and my cat is too fat and lazy to even knock it off a shelf. That's gotta be a kick in the nuts though to find that. :(

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
If you're lucky, your cat or dog doesn't really know what to make of your toys and just ignores them. If Autobots were made of shoelaces I would have a serious problem.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
When I was a kid our cat would chew anything plastic (which left me with quite a few ruined TMNT accessories) but my current cat doesn't care if it's not cardboard or paper. Makes me nervous about getting another cat some time though. We most assuredly will. It could be the next devourer of plastic katana and tiny missles!

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Went ahead and signed up for secret santa.

When I was little, my dog chewed off Action Master Bumblebee's hand and chewed the rest of him up pretty good, but after that, no other pets bothered with my toys. If I get a puppy, I'll probably need a detolf with doors on it to keep them protected.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

I guess if you like these molds that's a deal?

https://www.toyarama.com/store/category.php?retain_errors=Y&retain_notices=Y

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Oh dang it, that's after I spent like $130 on the Electro \ Sandstorm set at a con. :argh:

Well, I'm not a member, anyway. I do kinda want that treadshot but I can always find one on the aftermarket. And for $20 I'd grab that mirage. Wouldn't go hunting him down, though.

I considered getting the set too, but I don't want to blow $300 on it.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Gammatron 64 posted:

Oh dang it, that's after I spent like $130 on the Electro \ Sandstorm set at a con. :argh:

Well, I'm not a member, anyway. I do kinda want that treadshot but I can always find one on the aftermarket. And for $20 I'd grab that mirage. Wouldn't go hunting him down, though.

I considered getting the set too, but I don't want to blow $300 on it.

I'd hook you up man

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Holy poo poo, Electro is actually affordable now. Buying.

Edit: And done.

A Shitty Reporter fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Nov 21, 2014

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

It’s time for…
THE TRANSFORMERS THREAD SECRET SANTA!

It's the most wonderful tiiiiiiime of the year!

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

strangehamster posted:

I'd hook you up man

Awesome, thanks man! Don't bother getting the set, though. I'd probably only want Scorponok and Devcon. I could live with Cannonball and the white Cyclonus guy, but I don't like that Ginrai.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Gammatron 64 posted:

Awesome, thanks man! Don't bother getting the set, though. I'd probably only want Scorponok and Devcon. I could live with Cannonball and the white Cyclonus guy, but I don't like that Ginrai.

Email me at my username at gmail what you want, keep in mind that box set has to come before a bag set - I guess it could be a goony group buy.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

strangehamster posted:

Email me at my username at gmail what you want, keep in mind that box set has to come before a bag set - I guess it could be a goony group buy.

Woah, you can't just buy the bagged set separate? Lame. Yeah, forget the set then, I'd just want Treadshot and Mirage then. If I want a classics Scorponok so bad, I can just wait for the perfect effect one to come out.

That is, unless other people in the thread really want all the non-Scorponok dudes and I don't think we're gonna get any takers.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Gammatron 64 posted:

Woah, you can't just buy the bagged set separate? Lame. Yeah, forget the set then, I'd just want Treadshot and Mirage then. If I want a classics Scorponok so bad, I can just wait for the perfect effect one to come out.

That is, unless other people in the thread really want all the non-Scorponok dudes and I don't think we're gonna get any takers.

It would be okay this year, except I forgot I got a proxy to go to Botcon for me, and I just paid cash

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Rhyno, Roadbuster came in the mail today. Thanks! :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Xenomrph posted:

Rhyno, Roadbuster came in the mail today. Thanks! :cheers: