Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
You sort of wonder how they're going to fill an entire map with only 6 weapon squares available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Taear posted:

You sort of wonder how they're going to fill an entire map with only 6 weapon squares available.

Heart pieces for Midna

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

Taear posted:

16-bit weapons! :circlefap:

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Special maps dedicated to dropping super rares at a ridiculous rate.

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie
Probably more reskins too

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The Twilight Princess news fills me with delight except that I am still so far behind that I have barely even started the Master Quest.

I did, however, get Darunia's hammer, and I am now a man. Please award me with gold material drops as part of my Goron Bar Mitzvah.

e: the level 3 hammer I mean, the hard one, worthy of a manhood ceremony.

Aperture Priority
May 4, 2009

~~*~~Is Dream~~*~~
:coolfish::3::coolfish:

Bicyclops posted:

e: the level 3 hammer I mean, the hard one, worthy of a manhood ceremony.

I A ranked that one with 8 seconds to spare. Let's bump chests and dance to hot beats brother,

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Aperture Priority posted:

I A ranked that one with 8 seconds to spare. Let's bump chests and dance to hot beats brother,

Please accept my Goron Ruby.

I shall someday assist your network Link, whenever I get around to doing that, which will probably be sometime in the next century, when I get anywhere close to completing the many-layered maps.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Taear posted:

Considering the map is based on TP, it's possible that it's now smaller since they don't have any obligation to do it 1:1 with the old-school map.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Ometeotl posted:

Considering the map is based on TP, it's possible that it's now smaller since they don't have any obligation to do it 1:1 with the old-school map.

I hope so, and also that the map is very different from the previous one, and contains all new gimmicks and surprises.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

The game keeps saying that I unlocked character info or something but where do i see this? I don't see anything in gallery.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

I...uh...don't know that I really care for Link in shorts. It just seems wrong.

Also I do believe that's the Dominion Rod Zelda is wielding there.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I'm down for boxer briefs Link.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

We need that outfit in Smash Brothers so he can team up with Shulk.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

is Illia playable or is that a skin for link.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It's a costume for Zelda.

Full info here: http://www.inside-games.jp/article/2014/11/21/82789.html

Wili
Apr 7, 2010

ppppbbbbtttthhhhhhttppp!

I am amazed they managed to capture that "Oh god it is staring directly into my soul" Oocca has in a 8-bit sprite.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Yeah I totally knew the statue rod thingy was gonna make the cut, even if the nerd didn't.

Edit: Short Shorts Link is great too but I wish they'd make some DLC that doesn't give Link poo poo so some of the other characters can get stuff.

a cartoon duck fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Nov 21, 2014

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013
In Twilight Princess the dominion rod let Link take control of big statues and move them around.

In Spirit Tracks, Zelda could turn into a a ghost and take control of an enemy Phantom (a big armored creature)

In Smash Bros Wii U, Zelda can summon Phantoms.

Based upon all of that, my guess is that in Hyrule Warriors, Zelda will use the dominion rod to summon Phantom like creatures. If not that, she could use it to take control of enemies, or, it just acts like summoning gate that Lana already uses.

I'm happy with the Twilight Princess DLC stuff we've seen so far. However, it should have been an Ashei skin for Zelda instead.

Is there still one more playable character to be revealed in the Twilight Princess pack, or do we just get true form Midna?

So, useable items appear to be the clawshot (from Twilight Princess) a lantern (from Twilight Princess). Clawshot probably gets to areas you can't reach normally (like hookshot in Adventure mode) and the Lantern probably lets you play levels (like the harp; lights up areas)

I can't tell what that whip looking this is supposed to be. On the map there is one in the square above Link.

Some of the levels appear to be "covered in twilight."

And who knows what Ooccoo is going to do.

Spectacle Rock fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Nov 21, 2014

FighterKnuckles
Apr 17, 2010

The truth is in sight!

Spectacle Rock posted:

I can't tell what that whip looking this is supposed to be. On the map there is one in the square above Link.

It's the fishing pole, of course :colbert:

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013

FighterKnuckles posted:

It's the fishing pole, of course :colbert:

:suicide:

It is so obvious now. I guess I was thinking "weapon" and not "tool."

Seriously though the fishing pole was not very memorable :colbert:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I'm down with Sexy Mailman Link.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Spectacle Rock posted:

Based upon all of that, my guess is that in Hyrule Warriors, Zelda will use the dominion rod to summon Phantom like creatures. If not that, she could use it to take control of enemies, or, it just acts like summoning gate that Lana already uses.

It seems like she definitely summons statues at least for one attack, as evidenced in this photo from the article PSN linked:

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie
That DLC map! :swoon:

I just finished getting every collectible from the MQ dlc, and since Smash/Pokemon are out this gives me a small break :v: I can't wait tho

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013
Will Amiibo Support arrive Nov 27th for Hyrule Warriors too?

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010
Version 1.4.0 (November 27th) patch notes from the Gamecity site:
-Level cap raised
-Maximum amount of owned materials increased
-New potions added to the Apothecary
-New medals added
-Amiibo support

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Please oh please be material drop rate potions.

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

This poster just flew all the way from Caketown just to make this post!

Now THAT'S desperate!

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

It seems like she definitely summons statues at least for one attack, as evidenced in this photo from the article PSN linked:

This is exactly what I wanted.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Doc V posted:

-Level cap raised
-New medals added
-Amiibo support

Neat. I hope they patch in the lock-on to preference things you are looking at instead of the tier of enemy. I hate facing something and locking onto it only to have the camera do a 180 and look at some boss.

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

Doc V posted:

-Level cap raised
-New medals added

Which smiley accurately combines :getin: and :smith:? Because I'm so excited about this, but I'm never gonna be done with this game.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Oh, you probably will, given your early start-the next set of DLC is in January.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Doc V posted:

-Level cap raised

:eyepop:

Guess Ill be picking up a Link amiibo if they aren't all sold out.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Level Cap increase? Can't say I was expecting that.

Maybe I'll come back to the LV3 Fairy and Summoning Gate when they're both level 199 or whatever it's going to be.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Well, the current max level cap in Dynasty Warriors 8 Complete is 150, with a new difficulty(Ultimate, the old max used to be Chaos with plain 8) to compensate if you so chose. I wouldn't be surprised to see it go so high and a new difficulty setting added later.

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

Bloodly posted:

Oh, you probably will, given your early start-the next set of DLC is in January.

I have a 7 month old and another one on the way. I already only get about an hour a week :qq:

Volkameria
Nov 20, 2014

Gay and grumpy

Wow, it's amazing how four simple pictures can get me so hyped. Midna and Zelda are looking like they have strong ranged weapons and boxer brief Link looks adorably confused.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Wili posted:

I am amazed they managed to capture that "Oh god it is staring directly into my soul" Oocca has in a 8-bit sprite.

Ummmmm this says S-Rank. You guys, it says S-Rank. Is that what the A-Rank is called in Japan? Or is this something entirely new?

EDIT: Was the level cap being raised really necessary? My guys aren't even to 99 yet...

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

quote:

Is that what the A-Rank is called in Japan?

Exactly right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

If Link doesn't make the postman's little grunts when he runs in this costume, I'm out.

• Locked thread