Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Black Flag is superior in nearly every way. I'm digging Rogue, but for a horde of reasons Black Flag is worth more of your time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
I wouldn't spend $60 on Rogue unless you dig world exploration way more than the story. It's fine, but the main campaign is annoyingly short. Black Flag has good exploration and a longer story.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

If they're doing Japan, it'd be better if it was a Meiji era game than a Sengoku one. The latter has been played out to death by so many things. Meanwhile Meiji era means Satsuma Rebellion and the Samurai rebelling against a modernized government (Templars) would fit in well I'd think.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Mr. Fortitude posted:

If they're doing Japan, it'd be better if it was a Meiji era game than a Sengoku one. The latter has been played out to death by so many things. Meanwhile Meiji era means Satsuma Rebellion and the Samurai rebelling against a modernized government (Templars) would fit in well I'd think.

I am now imaging a current gen black flag modeling all of Japan to sail around or maybe just the islands around Okinawa. Or one of the Mongolian invasions was egged on by the Templars and boom it failed due to a piece of eden.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Tracula posted:

Enjoy your AAA $60 game :iamafag: Expect more where that came from. Please give us $60 for our next game. Please. I know our stocks are down but please give us more money.

His $500 console did that, not the game.

Hardflip
Jul 21, 2007

FYI the current trade-in value on GMG for Unity is £35 if you're looking to recoup some money. I'm done with the singleplayer campaign and nostradamus, the side missions don't feel worth the hassle for me.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Tempo 119 posted:

This is the AC game I want to play next:

Whoa

Would play the poo poo out of AC: The Rise and Fall of Desmond Miles and the Assassins from Mars

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

There was actually an in-game e-mail to be found in AC4 that listed a few potential AC settings:
  • 13th Century Egypt/North Africa
  • 14th Century Ashikaga Shogunate in Japan
  • 18th Century French Revolution
  • 19th Century Napoleonic Wars/Taiwan
  • 19th Century New England and American Midwest
  • 20th Century Summer of Love, America Pacific Coast
  • Second World War ruled out because of heavy use of guns (at least in that e-mail conversation)

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'

Palpek posted:

There was actually an in-game e-mail to be found in AC4 that listed a few potential AC settings:
  • 20th Century Summer of Love, America Pacific Coast

Just the thought of this is hilarious. It'd make a drat boring AC game though.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
The more I think about it the more I like the idea of an AC game set in modern times. Assuming they'll want to keep the cloak and dagger theme going a world full of guns might finally force them to come up with a proper stealth system. Or completely rethink what the gameplay is about. Both better than going forward with the current systems.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
I want to see younger Bill Miles as a hippie Assassin.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Wayyyyyyy back in AC2 or something there was some secret video you could unlock where 2 people who were implied to be Adam and Eve were running around doing assassin parkour poo poo, if they really couldn't think of any ideas for where they want to go next they can always do that.

alternatively a David Bowie Assassin's Creed would be the only AC game that I'd ever buy instead of rent.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

effervescible posted:

I want to see younger Bill Miles as a hippie Assassin.
It's 6:30 in the morning and I laughed out loud at the idea of a hippie assassin.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Samurai Sanders posted:

It's 6:30 in the morning and I laughed out loud at the idea of a hippie assassin.

I'm picturing the Assassins losing a ton of members due to them trying to take out Templars by sneaking up close to give them a really big hug.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

I can't believe I'm posting this after complaining about the companion app but I have questions cause, yes for some godforsaken reason I've taken to playing the Nomad game. Apparently I could be Zynga's favourite customer... :sigh:

1. Am I supposed to be able to unlock these nomad chests in game after unlocking them in the app? Cause it doesn't seem to be working and waiting 24 hours is laaaammme.

2. My game data seems to sync inconsistently. After syncing with the game, the whole city is unlocked (as it should be), with all my renovated cafes. This morning, 3 cafes are locked again and the game thinks I haven't visited 3 southern districts.

I guess this can all be answered with: the app is broken, sorry? :(

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's not the app itself, it's UPlay.

superh
Oct 10, 2007

Touching every treasure

Snuffman posted:

1. Am I supposed to be able to unlock these nomad chests in game after unlocking them in the app? Cause it doesn't seem to be working and waiting 24 hours is laaaammme.

This seemed to break entirely for me - if I ever "unlocked" one while I wasn't actively playing Unity, it wouldn't let me go it it in game, and once the 24 hour countdown stopped they disappeared from the app but not from the game. I stopped playing Nomad for now because of this :(

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:
Wow they took down the digital deluxe version and raised the price on Black Flag.

For shame.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

superh posted:

This seemed to break entirely for me - if I ever "unlocked" one while I wasn't actively playing Unity, it wouldn't let me go it it in game, and once the 24 hour countdown stopped they disappeared from the app but not from the game. I stopped playing Nomad for now because of this :(

I'm going to stop playing cause I lost all 4 high level guys after an 8 hour mission that had 95% success. Holy hell RNG...

:argh:

Oh. And the app being totally broken to hell.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

For everyone saying that a 20th century AC wouldn't work I have 2 words for you: Russian Revolution

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:

Shooting Blanks posted:

For everyone saying that a 20th century AC wouldn't work I have 2 words for you: Russian Revolution

What about a game set in a modern day place that has a complete ban upon guns? They do exist. Criminals have very good reason NOT to carry guns around like they do in the movies. Even then it could totally be handled.

Except you'd more be using knives and fisticuffs. Sure you could probably get your hands upon assault weapons but it's kinda hard to parkour with a fuckin uzi under your jacket. It's hard to do so with any gun really.

HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

Imagine tricking out your VW bus, leaving spiked brownies out for Templars to find and getting beaten up by both the working and the upper class!

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Wasn't there some rule they had where they wouldn't do a setting with cars, outside of the modern story? Of course they could always go back on that.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

bobjr posted:

Wasn't there some rule they had where they wouldn't do a setting with cars, outside of the modern story? Of course they could always go back on that.

We have watch dogs.

On the other hand parkouring up the empire state building would be cool.

How about a prohibition AC?

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world
Maybe just some top section of the Empire State, otherwise it would take an hour.

Ok, to summarize, asscreed is equal parts stabbing and http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tallest_structures_built_before_the_20th_century

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Setting a Creed game in a modernish time period would force them to give up sword-based combat, something they'll never do.

There's not even enough time to properly improve the parkour into something workable, but they're going to radically redesign combat?

Hah, yeah, sure.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

NeoSeeker posted:

How about a prohibition AC?

"Now, t'ain't nothin' is forbidden, an' y'all can do pretty much whatever y'like. Pass me that shine, Wee'um."

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

NeoSeeker posted:

We have watch dogs.

Which is another reason why Ubisoft shouldn't do a game with cars.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

Narcissus1916 posted:

Setting a Creed game in a modernish time period would force them to give up sword-based combat, something they'll never do.

Hah, yeah, sure.

In the end it doesn't have to be swords. Could just be blades. All it would do would make combat quicker. Considering how easy it is already I don't see how it would have much of an effect.

Or just straight up hand to hand combat. Doesn't have to be longswords and rapiers to be close quarters. Parkour, hidden blades, using a crowd and stealth kills are the hallmark of the series.

If there have to be swords in an assassin game for shame. Lets face it, this game at its core is hitman with a much more open space, "social stealth" and much more vertical freedom. This series already has guns.

Well hey, they could, you know... Make the combat better. The weakest part of the series, we all can agree upon.

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Nov 21, 2014

Orv
May 4, 2011
None of you have yet said American Wild West AC, which I think is the right answer even if it couldn't possibly amount to RDR. Throw all the systems from AC, Gunslinger and Splintercell into a big box and have you show up at the O.K. Corral, ride with the Clantons, whatever.

Billy the Kid is a Templar.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

Orv posted:

None of you have yet said American Wild West AC, which I think is the right answer even if it couldn't possibly amount to RDR.

I think RDR itself already has that setting's balls in a vice grip. No one in their right mind would dare touch it in the next 5 years or so unless they really had something good.

It just wouldn't work because there isn't much room for parkour. Unless you placed it in a flourishing gold rush setting. Which actually doesn't sound like much of a bad idea...

superh
Oct 10, 2007

Touching every treasure

NeoSeeker posted:

It just wouldn't work because there isn't much room for parkour. Unless you placed it in a flourishing gold rush setting. Which actually doesn't sound like much of a bad idea...

Yeah this is what came to my mind - no room to climb. It'll be like ac3 again with nothing over 3 stories high.

I wouldn't mind going back to the Middle East again, if we could only get that amazing flag pickup sound back :allears:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MizPiz posted:

Which is another reason why Ubisoft shouldn't do a game with cars.

Counterpoint:

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I'm kinda worried that people still want AC to be a balls-only stealth game.

Unity, from what I've heard, apparently moves towards that more than ever. I dunno, I definitely prefer the series to be more action adventure than stealth, stealth, stab.

Nevermind that AC has never been a good stealth series, like ever.

(Yes, I know Ubisoft made Splinter Cell Blacklist.)

Sef!
Oct 31, 2012
ATTN: Ubisoft, please set a future Assassin's Creed during the Victorian Era so that Oscar Wilde can teach me how to craft berserk darts. Thank you in advance.

Daily Forecast
Dec 25, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Seems like Initiates is finally working now? Kinda? Still don't have my Edward Kenway outfit, and my other rear end Creed games still aren't linked to my account.

Maybe a few more days.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sef! posted:

ATTN: Ubisoft, please set a future Assassin's Creed during the Victorian Era so that Oscar Wilde can teach me how to craft berserk darts. Thank you in advance.

Its a no brainer that the next few AC games will be AC5: Napoleon and AC5: More European Wars; the next major installment of AC would be set in industrial revolution Britain.

I think after AC3, Ubisoft wouldn't seriously invest in non-european locates. Hopefully the franchise will run out of steam and make the exit before WWI.

BTW Elise is such a lovely spoiled brat. Bitch got what she deserved.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I want Mayan rear end Creed at the time of Columbus's arrival.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Stone age AC where you run around and shank people with a piece of rock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Planet of the apes rear end Creed where you're the good monkey but those Templar monkeys found the black monolyth and are using it for their evil purposes.

• Locked thread