Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
Will Shmorky be there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

Will Shmorky be there

i think lowtax and shmorky had a messy break up :(

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

This thread is a good reminder why Lowtax hates this place now.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
The SA office is dead, long live the SA office (Lowtax's garage)

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Orgophlax posted:

This thread is a good reminder why Lowtax hates this place now.
I don't hate this place :confused:

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Lowtax posted:

It was probably a few years ago now, but I remember you essentially posting "You all suck, gently caress this place, I'm out."

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Lowtax posted:

group hug

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Orgophlax posted:

It was probably a few years ago now, but I remember you essentially posting "You all suck, gently caress this place, I'm out."
It was over a decade ago, and I said GBS sucked. GBS is obviously very different now.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Lowtax posted:

It was over a decade ago, and I said GBS sucked. GBS is obviously very different now.

no you're still right :twisted:

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

Lowtax posted:

I'm glad you don't hate us

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

plain blue jacket posted:

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
i'm sure he hates us but he is trying to do a PR spin because profits are down. I'm going to assume from this point on he is just using political double talk and sarcasm.

sports
Sep 1, 2012
what's the shelf life of mangosteen concentrate

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

sports posted:

what's the shelf life of mangosteen concentrate

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
speaking of things I posted over a decade ago... give it a rest.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
new lowtax memes for 2014:

• working from home
  • fragmaster sitting in a chair on lowtax's lawn drinking lemonade
  • high fiving garbage day
  • giant penis

arnbiguous
Feb 2, 2014
Gary’s Answer
i will send a representative

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Spanish Manlove posted:

[*]fragmaster sitting in a chair on lowtax's lawn drinking lemonade

thats a beautiful image

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Spanish Manlove posted:

new lowtax memes for 2014:

• working from home
  • fragmaster sitting in a chair on lowtax's lawn drinking lemonade
  • high fiving garbage day
  • giant penis

this seems more like one meme lowtax working at home high fiving frag master on the front lawn with a giant penis while drinking lemonade.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

TOILETLORD posted:

this seems more like one meme lowtax working at home high fiving frag master on the front lawn with a giant penis while drinking lemonade.

lowtax's mighty weiner is flapping in the wind, the smell of grass clippings is in the air. Lowtax hears laughter come from inside the house and smiles.

ten miles away two guys from something sensitive are lying on a hill, one is looking through a telescope at the turgid sight while the other is taking notes. The notetaker's cell phone rings and a message is displayed that another one found an old receipt in the dumpster of the pleasant hill office for "childrens toys." the two hill dwellers both look at each other and go "fuckin pedo, our work will never be done"

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Move to Long Island lowtax. we'll eat grandma pizza and drink craft beer.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Spanish Manlove posted:

lowtax's mighty weiner is flapping in the wind, the smell of grass clippings is in the air. Lowtax hears laughter come from inside the house and smiles.

ten miles away two guys from something sensitive are lying on a hill, one is looking through a telescope at the turgid sight while the other is taking notes. The notetaker's cell phone rings and a message is displayed that another one found an old receipt in the dumpster of the pleasant hill office for "childrens toys." the two hill dwellers both look at each other and go "fuckin pedo, our work will never be done"

i would definitely jack off to sexy doom house fanfiction

Sentinel
Jan 1, 2009

High Tech
Low Life

Im coming. With Booze.

Edit: SATURDAY!

Sentinel fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Nov 21, 2014

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Didn't know SA offices was right next to a gun store, can I bring my gun?

arnbiguous
Feb 2, 2014
Gary’s Answer
Please do not shoot Lowtax

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

I'll admit, I had long harbored a dream of working at the SA offices. Garbageday is the best editor ever and Lowtax is like this mythical figure who literally fist-fought one of the worst directors in history, in my mind it would be like working at Wonka's chocolate factory if it was run by Max Perkins and Gilgamesh.

This heartbreak reminds me of when an older kid told me the truth about Leonard "J." Crabs. I cried for days.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Clearly he is relocating to the great state of Iowa. Welcome to Iowa, Lowtax!

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

I wonder how you spell Tabasco.
I might be able to make it out there on Sunday.

garbage day
Jun 13, 2008

im lollin at you're trollin

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Is Garbage Day okay?

Rand alPaul posted:

What exactly went on at the Something Awful offices?

Back in 2008-09 we filmed a number of short videos, and it was helpful to have a place (other than Rich's basement) to collaborate and store all the equipment. Then when Shmorky moved to town, he and Rich would brainstorm the scripts for Flash Tub episodes and we'd all record voices. We'd also watch bad movies and play video games, and then review or at least reference what we'd seen/played on the site.

Eventually, though, I started assuming a lot more responsibilities for the site, in terms of front-page writing, scheduling and editing, and also admin decision-making and funny-poster advocacy. There was an unfortunate transitional period where I would still do the fun-type stuff during the days like before, but I'd do all the new deadline stuff and admin tasks throughout the night, resulting in a year of 100-hour weeks.

The office had a good run, but after Shmorky left a few weeks ago, it became a glaring financial inefficiency. It's a big place, with 6 offices (mostly used for storage) and a conference room (used for media), and it costs a fortune for utilities, and it was just being used for two people to sit in there on their computers for 60 hours a week getting their own poo poo done that could have been done from anywhere.

I really like some small Midwestern towns. Sometimes I drive out to roadside honky tonks on the weekend to play the jukebox and drink whiskey. Pleasant Hill doesn't have that sort of culture, or any kind. It's just generic stuff like Subway, Sonic, Taco Bell, only somehow worse than usual. There were several cases of office food-poisoning; several years ago, I stopped eating anything made in Pleasant Hill entirely and started bringing lunch and dinner or just eating a huge KC breakfast before the commute. Speaking of which, the commute was at least 2 hours daily (and 4 hours when I lived out by the airport for a year), so it will be really nice to use that time productively making stuff happen on the forums instead of wasting it on the drive. I'm planning to get a co-op desk in the city and get more done for SA than ever!

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

I can not attend, but I'm curious if you guys ever printed out that Bog Slugs poster for the office. That thing was fun.

Yes, it's framed and hanging as part of a pretty impressive art display alongside a couple Discount Bees originals and some other gems. It's definitely the most creatively inspiring wall in Pleasant Hill.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Wow, that was like finding out how food is made....... only this time.... im still hungry :twisted:

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

I wonder how you spell Tabasco.
As a Pleasant Hill native, I can confirm the complete lack of most everything.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
i stopped at the gas station there once and bought a pickle pouch

Jick Magger
Dec 27, 2005
Grimey Drawer
drat I was just talking with a friend last night about visiting the office some time. We live in St. Louis. If we came out tonight after work (like 9 pm), would you still be down?

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

plain blue jacket posted:

I dunno about you but I'd sure as hell hate me if I wasn't me

evilskillit
Jan 7, 2014

METAL TOADS

zfleeman posted:

As a Pleasant Hill native, I can confirm the complete lack of most everything.

I lived in Strasburg briefly, P-Hill is the big city! I'm trying to see if anyone I know in KC wants to make the pilgrimage out there with me Saturday.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
you guys should just build 2 small rooms, that has a shared desk like in brazil and work from there.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

garbage day posted:

Sometimes I drive out to roadside honky tonks on the weekend to play the jukebox and drink whiskey.

Sounds like somebody needs to come to Texas :clint:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

garbage day posted:

I really like some small Midwestern towns. Sometimes I drive out to roadside honky tonks on the weekend to play the jukebox and drink whiskey.

This is really cool.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Jick Magger posted:

drat I was just talking with a friend last night about visiting the office some time. We live in St. Louis. If we came out tonight after work (like 9 pm), would you still be down?
Sure, but if you leave me hanging, I'm totally going to permaban ya

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
just permaban everyone who DOESNT make it to the headquarters this weekend imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
some it's a mad mad mad mad mad worldian hijinks are what im looking for this weekend

• Locked thread