Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

widespread posted:

My question is "Why didn't Jack just date his body double instead?". I mean, gently caress, going gay isn't that bad.

The body double didn't enjoy Jack spacing the scientists, unlike Nisha. It was not meant to be (at least longterm).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Are people really that surprised that someone who calls himself Handsome Jack is a massive narcissist?

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
No, I'm the opposite of surprised; that's why I said in-character.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

mycot posted:

The body double didn't enjoy Jack spacing the scientists, unlike Nisha. It was not meant to be (at least longterm).

You'd think he could reprogram the double into not caring or something. Brilliant programmer my fuckin' rear end.

Party Boat posted:

Are people really that surprised that someone who calls himself Handsome Jack is a massive narcissist?

I'm more surprised he didn't just go complete narcissist and stage a Jack-only gangbang.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

widespread posted:

You'd think he could reprogram the double into not caring or something. Brilliant programmer my fuckin' rear end.

Except the Doppelganger is a flesh-and-blood human? Not even a cyborg like Wilhelm.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Genocyber posted:

Except the Doppelganger is a flesh-and-blood human? Not even a cyborg like Wilhelm.

Oh. poo poo. Still. Could off him, get a new double. Or put on the tinfoil hats and say that the real Jack's not human and just really advanced programming. Like, an I Robot scenario sorta.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Genocyber posted:

This is a strange direction to pick, considering digi-structuring exists. I guess we have to assume he wanted the body double to be an imperfect copy, as Jack (especially Jack) doesn't want to deal with the existential problems of literally copying yourself.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

Skandranon posted:

This is a strange direction to pick, considering digi-structuring exists. I guess we have to assume he wanted the body double to be an imperfect copy, as Jack (especially Jack) doesn't want to deal with the existential problems of literally copying yourself.

I think it might be based on the story of least one real life dictator, who forced plastic surgery on some poor dude that looked vaguely like him.

edit: Also some sources imply the correct spelling for the first episode of Tales from the Borderlands is actually "Zer0 Sum". I'm genuinely glad to see Saturday Morning Cartoon episode naming.

mycot fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Nov 18, 2014

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Xun posted:

What cheaty loot table editor are you guys using?

Cheat Engine, and this -

AirRaid posted:

OK so I futzed with the Loot table that AHungryRobot linked and decided it was too complicated and annoying, so I took the salient points from that one and threw them into the old loot table file for BL2.

Result: TPS Loot table file with a lot easier access and the "Sensible" preset I made for BL2 alreaady loaded. :siren:Grab it here.:siren: This also has the dumb CE 6.2 check removed so you can use the newer versions with no hassle.

Credit to whoever made the original, I forget.

You can just run that file direct, once TPS is loaded. Click the Item/Rarity checkbox then the presets one and choose a preset, or modify the numbers manually. I'm not sure if the "Drops" section at the bottom works any more, might be broken.

Whipstickagostop
Apr 30, 2006

Planet: Xeno Prime
I came home last Saturday night and drunkenly managed to kill RK5, pass through the purple floaty place, and get to Eleseer.

I am not sure if I used the fast travel station or just turned the game off, but when I fired it up for a quick go last night, I was all the way back in Varago Solitude.

Even though Eleseer shows up in my quest log, I cannot fast travel back there.

Do I really have to go all through those areas in one go, or did I stupidly use a one-way fast travel like the dam in BL2?

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

Whipstickagostop posted:

I came home last Saturday night and drunkenly managed to kill RK5, pass through the purple floaty place, and get to Eleseer.

I am not sure if I used the fast travel station or just turned the game off, but when I fired it up for a quick go last night, I was all the way back in Varago Solitude.

Even though Eleseer shows up in my quest log, I cannot fast travel back there.

Do I really have to go all through those areas in one go, or did I stupidly use a one-way fast travel like the dam in BL2?

Neither of those, the fast travel stations in Tycho's Ribs and Eleseer both are two-way stations and I can't think of a reason why you'd be punted back to Vorago Solitude if you quit while in Eleseer. Sounds weird.

Whipstickagostop
Apr 30, 2006

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

Neither of those, the fast travel stations in Tycho's Ribs and Eleseer both are two-way stations and I can't think of a reason why you'd be punted back to Vorago Solitude if you quit while in Eleseer. Sounds weird.

Apart from leveling up and starting a few side-quests, it's like the game didn't save any of my progress.

I should either have an inventory full of guns I collected from RK5/the guardians on the way to Eleseer if I turned the console off, or a load of cash if I fast-traveled back to Concordia as I would have sold them (as I said, not sure which as I had been out for food and too many beers that evening).

Also RK5 is alive again, although I don't know if he respawns. I do know that the button for the pipe to Tycho's Ribs no longer works.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Whipstickagostop posted:

Apart from leveling up and starting a few side-quests, it's like the game didn't save any of my progress.

I should either have an inventory full of guns I collected from RK5/the guardians on the way to Eleseer if I turned the console off, or a load of cash if I fast-traveled back to Concordia as I would have sold them (as I said, not sure which as I had been out for food and too many beers that evening).

Also RK5 is alive again, although I don't know if he respawns. I do know that the button for the pipe to Tycho's Ribs no longer works.

Did you dream it all in a drunken haze? Are you still dreaming?

WAKE UP

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
Could be because you have to get close to the fast travel stations to activate them, people have this problem with Concordia. I laughed at them for being idiots. Then it happened to me.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I get some sort of weird satisfaction out of watching the fast travel stations boot themselves up or whatever so I never accidentally miss one.

Similarly, I always appreciate how chests of all kinds in Borderlands games have some sort of animation when they open. It feels more satisfying to me when I open them, I can't explain it.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I like that the fast travel stations on Helios look around to make sure the coast is clear before they open.

Whipstickagostop
Apr 30, 2006

Bertha the Toaster posted:

Could be because you have to get close to the fast travel stations to activate them, people have this problem with Concordia. I laughed at them for being idiots. Then it happened to me.

Could be this...but then I can't see where my surplus guns or extra cash would have gone.

Maybe this is just a lesson not to play games when drunk!

Oni Elem
Jun 1, 2008

Bertha the Toaster posted:

Tycho's Ribs and Elesser's fast travel stations are buggy, even if you walk up and activate them sometimes they won't add themselves to the map.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Oni Elem posted:

Tycho's Ribs and Elesser's fast travel stations are buggy, even if you walk up and activate them sometimes they won't add themselves to the map.

Yeah I thought these were just one way. I had the same problem with the one inside the Helio's laser room too.

And RK5 does respawn. I've found you basically have to beat the game in one sitting from that point otherwise you'll always start at that fast travel station when you turn the console off.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Knightmare posted:

Yeah I thought these were just one way. I had the same problem with the one inside the Helio's laser room too.

And RK5 does respawn. I've found you basically have to beat the game in one sitting from that point otherwise you'll always start at that fast travel station when you turn the console off.

I've never had that issue on PC.

Whipstickagostop
Apr 30, 2006

Knightmare posted:

Ah, good to know it isn't just me then. At least I should be able to get back there reasonably quickly as RK5 went down in less than a minute with my corrosive shotgun.

I am starting to get disappointed with how buggy the game is now the further I get - aside from the above issue, I keep running into that cryo status effect that never goes away, and last night when I fast travelled to the Titan industrial facility, Felicity somehow started her speech about "the door being a pain in her digital rear end" again, despite being dead.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Whipstickagostop posted:

last night when I fast travelled to the Titan industrial facility, Felicity somehow started her speech about "the door being a pain in her digital rear end" again, despite being dead.

This has happened to me every time I've returned there.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Party Boat posted:

This has happened to me every time I've returned there.

Yeah, they probably put it as a trigger in the environment instead of making it bound to the mission.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Reminds me of how if you kill the sheriff in Borderlands 2 after finishing the game, Jack will contact you from beyond the grave to tell you how pissed off he is that you killed his girlfriend. :v:

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

Whipstickagostop posted:

..last night when I fast travelled to the Titan industrial facility, Felicity somehow started her speech about "the door being a pain in her digital rear end" again, despite being dead.

She's copied part of herself to the factory! At least now part of her can live on.

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo
Does anybody know what the resistance multiplier for cryo damage hitting shields is? I assume it's trivial, like for corrosive, but trying to test it is a pain in the rear end.

Badcounterpoint
Mar 5, 2014

mastersord posted:

She's copied part of herself to the factory! At least now part of her can live on.

That could be pretty frightening, because she would be pissed at you when you went back to that factory.

Whipstickagostop
Apr 30, 2006

Oni Elem posted:

So I think I found a temporary fix for this - either respec your character, or turn in a mission.

Had a quick go last night and completed a mission for Pickle. Turned it in, went back to Concordia to grind/sell some crap and change my skill points around (I much prefer the ricocheting bullets over having two pistols now!) and when I used the fast travel machine after doing this, both Tycho's Ribs and Eleseer were available on the map.

Problem is, it doesn't last - if you power off the console, they disappear from the fast travel menu.

Hopefully that wasn't a one-off thing, and I can replicate it again this weekend.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Badcounterpoint posted:

That could be pretty frightening, because she would be pissed at you when you went back to that factory.

Nah, not really. The part she copied was just enough to try to open the door, and then advise using the jump pads instead. It doesn't know about the other stuff.

It's also good to have there regardless of *reasons* in case you come back and forgot the door doesn't open, and you spend 20 minutes screaming until you find the jump pad again.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Why not just open the door after you've cleared the area?

Like for real a friend and I had to go back through that area for a sidequest and we spent the whole time getting horribly lost and turned around because of all these doors that look like they should be open to make a clear path but instead we need to walk through vents or some poo poo.

we beat the area just open the loving doors

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
The doppelganger's Badass DigiJacks to distract/pummel/murder enemies and bosses makes the game a lot easier... and whoever wrote his dialogue for a lot of things should get some kind of bonus because I am laughing a lot.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

So it appears that "The season pass will contain all DLC" meant less DLC, not more value in the season pass...

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

watho posted:

So it appears that "The season pass will contain all DLC" meant less DLC, not more value in the season pass...

What do you mean? It specifies what's gonna be in it on the store page for it.

edit: Oh, well I guess it doesn't, but I thought it said somewhere that only one of the four DLCs was a story one. It's still four DLCs for the price of three DLCs either way.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
How's this game holding up now, a month after release? I usually buy 1-2 recent AAA games at full price each year, and I've been eyeballing this one, but I'm always wary of sequels developed by "off-brand" studios. I put 100+ hours into BL2 taking a Gunzerker up to OP8, so I'm a big fan of the core gameplay, just wondering if the Pre-Sequel has as much staying power as BL2.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It's Borderlands 2 but with low gravity and different player characters. Take that as you will.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Lester Shy posted:

How's this game holding up now, a month after release? I usually buy 1-2 recent AAA games at full price each year, and I've been eyeballing this one, but I'm always wary of sequels developed by "off-brand" studios. I put 100+ hours into BL2 taking a Gunzerker up to OP8, so I'm a big fan of the core gameplay, just wondering if the Pre-Sequel has as much staying power as BL2.

If you liked BL2 then TPS is a pretty solid game to pick up. It's basically BL2 with half a dozen new things (like oxygen mechanics, the grinder, low gravity, etc.). The game is nowhere near as long as BL2, and I felt like a lot of its humor fell flat in comparison to BL2, but it's a fun game nonetheless--especially if you might find it on sale during the holiday steam sale.

ProfessionalNinja
Sep 26, 2004
I am the Professional Ninja
The quest to shoot the defector out of the moon cannon is loving stupid on TVHM. The beacon can take 2 maybe 3 shots before it is destroyed, and there is little to no way to keep the enemies from shooting it immediately.

I keep getting right to the end, and a stupid rear end Badass lost legion rear end in a top hat comes and finishes it in one hit right as he loving spawns. This game is so god drat frustrating on TVHM.

ProfessionalNinja fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Nov 22, 2014

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Lester Shy posted:

Wal-Mart will have the Pre-Sequel for consoles marked down to $25 in their Black Friday ad. $25 is about the right price, so just find somewhere that offers price matching.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Father Wendigo posted:

Wal-Mart will have the Pre-Sequel for consoles marked down to $25 in their Black Friday ad. $25 is about the right price, so just find somewhere that offers price matching.

I'm in the market for a Steam version, but I'll definitely wait till next week to see if this deal applies to PC copies as well. Thanks for the heads up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets burn
Nov 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Lester Shy posted:

yah don't buy it. Its worthless. Get something fun. Saints Row or Portal or something actually good. This one's going to bum you out if you pay more than 20 dollars for it.

• Locked thread