Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

the truth posted:

Just lost a character unlock battle. The shame.

They turned that AI up to a reasonable level, I think. Duck Hunt beat my rear end 3 times. Lots of perfect shields, then meteor'd me after chipping me barely off the stage. Only one I've really had a problem with, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

For everyone griping about the controller cable length.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001AI7CF2

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Echophonic posted:

They turned that AI up to a reasonable level, I think. Duck Hunt beat my rear end 3 times. Lots of perfect shields, then meteor'd me after chipping me barely off the stage. Only one I've really had a problem with, though.

I lost the first time and should have lost the second, but then gust jar happened :slick:

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

THE loving MOON posted:

I didn't really pull out the new ones cable to full length, but it seems much longer than the original GC controllers

I think the new controller cable is 9ft vs the Original's 6ft. The adapter seems to be ~2ft.

I ordered a wavebird on eBay the other day and am waiting for that to show up. I was happy to have controllers with cables out of my life and I'd like to keep it that way.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Echophonic posted:

Duck Hunt caused me so much trouble. Finally I won by switching to Captain Falcon, but geez, that was far harder than I expected. Dr. Mario gave me a fight too, but at least I won that on the first try.

Also, as that might prove I am not the best at this game. Any tips for getting far in Crazy Orders? I'm trying to unlock ROB and I can't get beyond the fourth or fifth match.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
My local target looked like they hadn't sold a single Amiibo today, unless they were replenishing the display, every little peg holding them was completely full. I may have accidentally said "oh look, there's piss column Link" in front of a Mom and her son....

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
that's what they did in olden times, they had no toilets so they just pissed whenever they got the urge

edit: gonna switch my link amiibos color to yellow when I get home

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Nov 21, 2014

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Is there a way I can have the main play appear on the tablet screen when doing Smash mode? It shows up when doing singleplayer content, but as soon as I go to fight an AI all I get is the percentages and portraits.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

today i went to best buy to pick up the bundle that i preordered a month ago, but they did not have it. they instead tried to give me all of the individual parts of the bundle for the same price, but they did not have the adapter. now they are picking the adapter up from another best buy, and i am eating lunch.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

sharrrk posted:

today i went to best buy to pick up the bundle that i preordered a month ago, but they did not have it. they instead tried to give me all of the individual parts of the bundle for the same price, but they did not have the adapter. now they are picking the adapter up from another best buy, and i am eating lunch.

Ask them for a villager amiibo

Those things are rare as gently caress for some reason and I have one.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Ask them for a villager amiibo

Those things are rare as gently caress for some reason and I have one.

It varies by area. The stores in this cluster only got 1 Villager each, but then the stores in 20 minute drive over have tonnes of Villager but only 1 Wii Fit Trainer. Nintendo varied out the shipments so people go around hunting them.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Echophonic posted:

Lucina countered just about everything my poor little Toon Link threw at her. In the end we were both over 100% and I just had to go for it. I lost but I think the experience made me a better person in the long run.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I like the Kirby Amiibo, but the Link one is kind of strange in that it's looking down. I get that he's looking over the shield, but it's a weird pose. Kirby's just here to hang out, though.

Soylent Heliotrope
Jan 27, 2009

I lucked out with my local TRU (the first place I checked) and managed to pick up the last Marth, the last Villager, and the second to last Wii Fit Trainer all at the same time.

Amiibos are really good at making me feel like a huge goon.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose

Soylent Heliotrope posted:

Yep. I'm waiting for two shipments of 3 to ship from Toys R Us: Mario/Link/Fox and Marth/Wii Fit/Pikachu. Got my Villager from Amazon already.

I can tell I'm gonna have a problem.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Soylent Heliotrope posted:

I lucked out with my local TRU (the first place I checked) and managed to pick up the last Marth, the last Villager, and the second to last Wii Fit Trainer all at the same time.

I honestly thought not a single person (sans reselling scalper trash) was going to buy Wii Fit Trainer.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Given how much poo poo people gave Amiibos and their function in this and the other announced games I'm surprised at how many people in here seem to be buying.

That said, I'd totally have gone out to get one if I had a car today. The impulse may not last beyond a day or two though.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Add me dicks!
NNID :PopsMgee

Show me ya moves!

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Asnorban posted:

Given how much poo poo people gave Amiibos and their function in this and the other announced games I'm surprised at how many people in here seem to be buying.

That said, I'd totally have gone out to get one if I had a car today. The impulse may not last beyond a day or two though.

You're not missing out. I checked two stores, and the stock/selection varied. Target & Walmart only had racks for 6 of the 12, but I couldn't tell you which exactly, because most were sold out. If you want a specific one(s), I'd just order them online while you can.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
I went into the local TRU to buy two games for that 40% off deal, but I realized I own most of what I wanted, so I ended up buying the Marth, Link, and Yoshi amiibos. There were only three Marths left when I was there, but apparently they had plenty of Villagers and Wii Fit Trainers. Depending on my self-control I may buy more because I'm dumb.

Olive Mohel
Nov 8, 2006

Life is more than a series of ones and zeroes.
NNID: Downercut

Gamestop wouldn't sell me a Gamecube adapter. The guy said they were all reserved, but I think he really meant they just don't sell anything on release day to anyone who didn't reserve, because who reserves an adapter. So I did the unthinkable, and made a purchase at Best Buy.

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

Goons, this game and this Amiibo are perfect.

Well, good bye.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

DrPaper posted:

Is there a way I can have the main play appear on the tablet screen when doing Smash mode? It shows up when doing singleplayer content, but as soon as I go to fight an AI all I get is the percentages and portraits.

touch the screen

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Apparently I should have gone to Best Buy in the morning like I wanted to. Oh well, got the last GC adapter in the greater Raleigh area anyways. :getin:

Nintendo ID: phonenumber

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Downercut posted:

because who reserves an adapter

hello

Olive Mohel
Nov 8, 2006

Life is more than a series of ones and zeroes.

He called the other Gamestop and they didn't have any "extra" ones either. Still don't buy that that many people wanted to stake their claim on a $20 adapter, at least around here.

Do all Samus amiibos have a weird little hole in the middle of the head? The ones at Best Buy did. It made it easier to not buy one, at least.

Olive Mohel fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Nov 21, 2014

-CHA
Jun 21, 2004

State-of-the-art
home video technology

Downercut posted:

NNID: Downercut

Gamestop wouldn't sell me a Gamecube adapter. The guy said they were all reserved, but I think he really meant they just don't sell anything on release day to anyone who didn't reserve, because who reserves an adapter. So I did the unthinkable, and made a purchase at Best Buy.

This right here is the main reason I stopped going to Gamestop. Seems like the only way to actually buy anything new in that store is to pre-order, didn't pre-order? Then you are getting an opened copy at new price.

Anyway, I picked this up this morning with Yoshi, Villager (the best Amiibo), and Wii Fit Trainer.
NNID is CHA_BigBear.

Just need to unlock Duck Hunt Dog again, then I won't need to use any other character.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I went to the Gamestop that I used to work at 9 years ago and managed to snag the last one. I haven't been to a Gamestop in like 8 years. :stare:

Phone fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Nov 21, 2014

TheBugDog
Aug 2, 2004

Yes, Yes!
NNID: acussword

Add me even though I'm very bad at this so far.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

-CHA posted:

This right here is the main reason I stopped going to Gamestop. Seems like the only way to actually buy anything new in that store is to pre-order, didn't pre-order? Then you are getting an opened copy at new price.

Anyway, I picked this up this morning with Yoshi, Villager (the best Amiibo), and Wii Fit Trainer.
NNID is CHA_BigBear.

Just need to unlock Duck Hunt Dog again, then I won't need to use any other character.

1 kill in cruel melee is all you need, friend.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

The one thing bugging me about this game is having to set my controller profile every single time I pick a new mode. I wish it would just remember my preference like the 3DS. Am I just stupid and there's some way to do this?

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

lots of people reserved the adapter because gamestop ran out of bundle preorders really fast

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Liquid Penguins posted:

touch the screen

Thank you very much

-CHA
Jun 21, 2004

State-of-the-art
home video technology

Liquid Penguins posted:

1 kill in cruel melee is all you need, friend.

Just got him! Thanks for the tip :)

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Online play running ok?

I AM CARVALLO
Apr 19, 2007

Head Kicker GOTY
The first match I played shortly after release last night worked great. Done about 5 online matches since then and they have all had horrendous lag. Spectating works fine though.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I CAN'T loving FIND THE BUNDLE ANYWHERE

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
Yeah good luck, no adapters or bundles anywhere near me. Really pissed my Gamestop wouldn't take pre-orders on the adapter.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I preordered the bundle at Best Buy a few months ago. I leave work in an hour. I hope it's still there and they didn't give it to someone else :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother

noirstronaut posted:

I CAN'T loving FIND THE BUNDLE ANYWHERE

You should probably clean your house

• Locked thread