Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Squallege posted:

Of course the ED starts with Gohan face down in the dirt.

He's never going to be relevant again is he :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

OMGzKakaniz posted:

Thanks for the info everyone. Ordering the seasons tonight. Really pumped to watch them and I adored rereading the manga so hearing it follows that relatively closely makes me happy. I hardly remember the show besides what my memory serves me, which I probably incorrect on things.

You might want to consider :filez: since they replaced the soundtrack for the home releases.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.
Are the Blu-Ray releases 1080p or 720p? Also, I'm seeing two different releases on Amazon, Kai "Seasons" and Kai "Parts". But the extra info on their pages don't seem to specify resolution unless I'm just missing it.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Esroc posted:

Are the Blu-Ray releases 1080p or 720p? Also, I'm seeing two different releases on Amazon, Kai "Seasons" and Kai "Parts". But the extra info on their pages don't seem to specify resolution unless I'm just missing it.

The parts are just 6 episode discs. As far as I can recall they're all 720P 4:3. The only upside to buying the parts instead of the season sets is you might get one with the original soundtrack.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

What I find most interesting about early DBZA is how, even then, TFS's style was still considerably more developed than other big abridged series projects out there. Just look at Yugioh Abridged from around that time. You can barely compare them.

Yugioh abridged was pretty much the first abridged series wasn't it?

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Elfgames posted:

Yugioh abridged was pretty much the first abridged series wasn't it?

It kick-started the whole "doing every single episode in a shorter time while humorously abbreviating them and providing wrong context for sake of humor" abridged series, yes. It was helped by it being done by one guy with an amazing range of voices for one dude, which most imitators really failed at doing as well.

The only thing we had before that were some one-shot G.I.Joe shorts with completely context-less humor and some black guy voicing every guy in a random episode of the X-men. That one is still funny though.

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013
Gohan became a dad and just stop caring...

Poor Frieza, must be humiliating been beaten by a guy in a tracksuit.

Edit: VVV In the site the image file is labeled as Gohan

Captain Quack fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Nov 21, 2014

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Captain Quack posted:

Gohan became a dad and just stop caring...

Poor Frieza, must be humiliating been beaten by a guy in a tracksuit.

Are we sure it's Gohan? Maybe Goten is going to get some play here.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Vintimus Prime posted:

Are we sure it's Gohan? Maybe Goten is going to get some play here.

Seems like they're giving him his old Freeza saga bowl cut back too

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

That can't be gohan the face is yamcha-esque.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

Ain't seeing no scars, can't be Yamcha.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

No scars and he's all green, like Piccolo.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Mordaedil posted:

No scars and he's all green, like Piccolo.

Yamiccolo?

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Huh? That face is Gohan as gently caress

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

That's Gohan's face, yeah.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Gohan becoming Rock Lee is perfect.

Or, I guess Rock Lee becomes ... How does this work?

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Rock Lee is a pretty good parallel to Gohan. Lots of potential as a kid, completely worthless as an adult.

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

Professor Wayne posted:

Rock Lee is a pretty good parallel to Gohan. Lots of potential as a kid, completely worthless as an adult.

And this is how the DBZxNaruto Shonen Jump spinoff is born.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

The comedy portion of this movie is the reveal that Gohan was Yamcha's kid all along.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Lord of Pie posted:

The comedy portion of this movie is the reveal that Gohan was Yamcha's kid all along.

That wouldn't be cool. Uncool idea, Lord of Pie. Chichi/Goku is my OTP.:colbert:

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?

Lord of Pie posted:

That would mean Yamcha is the worst of all the Sayians. But then again, it could explain his ability to be strong in filler.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

It's either that or Chi-Chi's doing both of their haircuts

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Lord of Pie posted:

It's either that or Chi-Chi's doing both of their haircuts

I've honestly never noticed that before. Maybe Gohan just idolizes Yamcha or something.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Testekill posted:

I've honestly never noticed that before. Maybe Gohan just idolizes Yamcha or something.

If anything, it's the other way around.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I legit thought Adult Gohan was Yamcha the first time I saw the Buu Saga and was very confused.

LeadSled
Jan 7, 2008

You know, Gohan being Yamcha's kid would explain why Goku is such a bad parent.

He knows.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

LeadSled posted:

He knows.

Yeah, but Goku seems like he doesn't care about romantic relationships enough to give a gently caress that Chi Chi cheated on him and most likely doesn't even understand the concept of cheating.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

LeadSled posted:

He knows.

But it wouldn't explain how Gohan is half Saiyan.

Because, you know, he is.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
The Saiyan side comes from Chi Chi, who was also launched as a baby just before Freeza blew everything up.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

For the longest time as a kid, during the era where the series restarted mid-way through the Freeza saga over and over, I had no idea fusion was a thing and thought Vegetto, Gotenks, and Gogeta were all Saiyan survivors who somehow made their way to Earth sometime after Freeza and joined the Z Fighters. I was actually a little disappointed when I found out they weren't.

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG
Related to the current discussion, I went looking for THIS site again, and I'm glad it still holds up, years later. :allears:

quote:

So with a minimum of plotholes we arrive to a clear, sensible and probably canon solution; Yamucha is a third class Saiyan sent to Earth for being too weak. There, he used his still above average strength to live in a desert and spend way too much time with a transforming cat. He would go on to impregnateconsole Chichi while her husband, Broly-esque wunderkind Goku was dying of heart disease. Unaware of his heritage, Yamucha and Chichi calm down about baby Goten once he turned Super Saiyan, Chichi believing she got pregnant from sharing a toilet seat with Goku. Goten would eventually have learned the truth in some sort of Watchmen/Dr. Manhattan/Silk Spectre moment but with less rape.

AmiYumi fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Nov 22, 2014

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

WickedHate posted:

The Saiyan side comes from Chi Chi, who was also launched as a baby just before Freeza blew everything up.

This would explain Chi Chi's general demeanor as well.

gnomewife
Oct 24, 2010
Can this please be the plot of the next movie (after Freeza)? It would be awful and dumb and hilarious.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
New DBZ Abridged is up!
http://teamfourstar.com/video/dragonball-z-abridged-episode-45-hyperbolic-plot-device/

E: Ahahaha Vegeta's reaction to Mr. Popo

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Nov 23, 2014

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE A PLACE OF FUN!

Though still, how were the clothes still on the rides? They should have blown off.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

I cannot overstate the depths of my loathing for the TFS site video player.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Mostly setup, but good setup. Can't wait for poo poo to really get going next time, though!

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Next episode is Piccolo vs 17!!!

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Oh my god, the slow realization that the Dragon Balls are gone. :allears:

Lot of good, quick jokes this episode. Androids are great as ever. And goddamn, 16.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

StrifeHira posted:

Oh my god, the slow realization that the Dragon Balls are gone. :allears:

Lot of good, quick jokes this episode. Androids are great as ever. And goddamn, 16.

16's really coming into his own. Also, I don't know why, but the repeated (Someone says something surprising) (Other guy goes "...Hm.") was really good for me. As was Chi-Chi asking for Goten and everything involving Vegeta.

• Locked thread