Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

That's ironic about him thinking death threats don't matter because for a while he was attributing his cancer to stress caused by harassment towards him online??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Gough Suppressant posted:

I just read his thing. :stare:

Surprised he isn't retweeting UKIP poo poo as well
In fairness, there's a kernel of truth in that pile of poo poo - the online conversation about race is very much oriented around the American experience, which is far from universal or representative of most other countries. Where I live right now, for example, white people are a minority and had very little influence on the existing power structure. However, we're absolutely the beneficiaries of a form of privilege by virtue of America's prominent place in the popular culture, the global position of English, and the perception of "the West" as desirable and aspirational. But to claim that as a white man in loving England you enjoy no privilege is just deliberate ignorance. What he's missing is that there is an intricate network of influences and privileges at work, and it's not just "white men are evil."

That said, obv. kill whitey.

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

It's almost as if Total Bisquik has always been a blow hard who doesn't understand brevity and thinks he's much smarter than he actually is.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

The accent masks it

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Rab Florence put it best

quote:

HI I AM A BRITISH GAMING VIDEO PERSONALITY AND I HAVE A SARCASTIC TONE AND A KIND OF SING-SONG DELIVERY AND A CONSTANTLY RAISED EYEBROW.

forpush
Jan 6, 2006

We don't like it when the city light start fading
When the city lights fading then we can't get down
Rab Florence puts everything best

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Rab Florence was on the fringes of being brilliant when he was making Consolevania and Video Gaiden, everything he has done since then is try-hard poo poo talking bullcrap especially the nonsense attempt at a personality that is his twitter account.

The most intelligent, creative and likeable thing he's done in the past 5 years is Burnistoun. I can't think of a funny intelligent way to recount that show but it's best described as a really poor attempt at a sketch show by people who thinks that simply being Scottish is enough to make your material amazing.

Ramagamma fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Nov 20, 2014

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
That game sean was talking about sounded pretty intense.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
"This War of Mine" is fantastic. I bought and played it last night after hearing the stories on Thumbs. I'll echo what Chris said: It's a blessing that the game isn't about zombies.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Jippa posted:

There's a Giant Bomb quick look headed by Drew Scanlon up, that combined with Sean's good word about it sold me on the game entirely. It looks fantastic and I'll be picking it up as soon as I can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmdF9BI3sk0&hd=1

I would've appreciated a bit of freaking out about the blinking from Sean but he might not have noticed at all, Drew apparently didn't until Brad pointed it out.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Oh poo poo, 3MA's episode this week is on This War of Mine.

Fuckkkk, if Nintendo just didn't drop a shitload of awesome games, I'd totally be picking this up for the weekend.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Captain Invictus posted:

There's a Giant Bomb quick look headed by Drew Scanlon up, that combined with Sean's good word about it sold me on the game entirely. It looks fantastic and I'll be picking it up as soon as I can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmdF9BI3sk0&hd=1

I would've appreciated a bit of freaking out about the blinking from Sean but he might not have noticed at all, Drew apparently didn't until Brad pointed it out.

It looks like 2d state of decay from what I saw from the ql, what differentiates it besides no zombies?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

What differentiates it from a 3D zombie game except for it being a 2D game without zombies?

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

TetsuoTW posted:

What differentiates it from a 3D zombie game except for it being a 2D game without zombies?

It's got the same base building, resource collecting, building clearing, and other stuff as state of decay, even thewith random npc characters you switch between? The gameplay systems look very very similar to me

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

if only there were a podcast or bomb whatever quick look that would tell us what this game is like

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Looks to me like Zafehouse without the notebook aesthetic. And there are a bunch of flash games that have base building, resource collecting, building clearing, and other stuff as state of decay except years before State of Decay.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

doctorfrog posted:

if only there were a podcast or bomb whatever quick look that would tell us what this game is like

Hence my first question

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

Snail on my head ready to go.
Per VGHD: there is a PS2 era Fight Club game. Rarely does a game so aggressively miss the point themeatically and narratively. Fight your way up the ranks of project mayhem! Unluck Fred Durst of Limp Biscut as a playable character. Play a medicore fighter!

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Didn't they even name Edward Norton's character "Jack" in that game? That says it all really.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

Also worth noting since we're in the podcast thread and GFW was the best, Total Biscuit told on Shawn Elliott in an unsurprisingly gross and self-absorbed way.

I had never seen this so hey I'ma quote this post for another page solely because unlike Shawn Elliott I don't work in the industry or anything which enables me to call notable Something Awful forums user "TotalBiscuit" a tubby moron here where he'll see it when he namesearches himself on SA like the narcissistic little weirdo he is

TetsuoTW posted:

In fairness, there's a kernel of truth in that pile of poo poo - the online conversation about race is very much oriented around the American experience, which is far from universal or representative of most other countries.

That does work both ways, though. Almost every time I've seen people make this argument it's in the context of "yeah but we just don't have racism here the way Americans do" or "why are Americans so hyper-sensitive about race anyway", and in some cases they're sort of right, but the reality is that there are a lot of countries (including some post-industrial ones) that could do with a little more of the American sensitivity toward and focus on race.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Zombies' Downfall posted:

I had never seen this so hey I'ma quote this post for another page solely because unlike Shawn Elliott I don't work in the industry or anything which enables me to call notable Something Awful forums user "TotalBiscuit" a tubby moron here where he'll see it when he namesearches himself on SA like the narcissistic little weirdo he is

That does work both ways, though. Almost every time I've seen people make this argument it's in the context of "yeah but we just don't have racism here the way Americans do" or "why are Americans so hyper-sensitive about race anyway", and in some cases they're sort of right, but the reality is that there are a lot of countries (including some post-industrial ones) that could do with a little more of the American sensitivity toward and focus on race.

I know for belgium that one of the prime ethnicity-related issues is passive racism - as in here have two appliants for job X, both are equivalent in terms of experience and/or degree, but one of them has a funny name or is born in a different country. Both for who gets asked for an interview and who finally gets the job there is a large bias against immigrants or people who seem immigrants.

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day
America has an especially sordid history of racism and it's exacerbated by our (overwhelmingly white) gun culture, but as someone with an immense interest in other countries and cultures, I don't know of any country in which racism isn't a significant problem.

Video games.

EDIT:
Does anyone know of any good podcasts that have consistent participation by women? I like the few episodes of Chic Pixel Plus that I've heard, I know about (but haven't yet listened to) Isometric, and I know Idle Thumbs has Danielle, but I was wondering if there were any more.

jellycat fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Nov 21, 2014

Beard Yawn
Apr 11, 2011

You would make a good Dalek.
Video Games Taco, though its release schedule is pretty sporadic.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

ImPureAwesome posted:

It looks like 2d state of decay from what I saw from the ql, what differentiates it besides no zombies?

A partnership with a UN established charity? (War Child, if you're curious). I haven't grabbed my it yet but it is on my purchase at full price list, so thanks thumbs!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Has Sean talked about Taylor Swift on Thumbs before? I thought that was a weird cut this week but it also sounded familiar.

ja2ke
Feb 19, 2004

C-Euro posted:

Has Sean talked about Taylor Swift on Thumbs before? I thought that was a weird cut this week but it also sounded familiar.

I think he popped in to mention it a week or two ago in an intro or outro.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

ja2ke posted:

I think he popped in to mention it a week or two ago in an intro or outro.

I literally just listened to that bit - he busts in to talk about pool DLC, babywalls, and Taylor Swift at the end of Super Pools n Ghosts.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

TetsuoTW posted:

I literally just listened to that bit - he busts in to talk about pool DLC, babywalls, and Taylor Swift at the end of Super Pools n Ghosts.
Pool DLC? Pool DLC. Pool DLC. Have you guys heard about the pool DLC?

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Kole Ross! In the Godzilla episode of Abject Suffering you mentioned an NES game with colored keys you were looking for. That game is Castlequest in case you haven't figured this out in, what, 6 months?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

al-azad posted:

Kole Ross! In the Godzilla episode of Abject Suffering you mentioned an NES game with colored keys you were looking for. That game is Castlequest in case you haven't figured this out in, what, 6 months?

I think he figured out that it was Little Nemo when they happened to do that game for WOFF.

Edit: and just as quick as that I'm humming the Little Nemo song non stop.

Tree Dude fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Nov 22, 2014

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

To get off the subject of gaming's garbage biscuits, our charity livestream starts in 2 hours! Please check it out, please donate.

http://duckfeed.tv/duckstream

VocalizePlayerDeath
Jan 29, 2009

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

Also worth noting since we're in the podcast thread and GFW was the best, Total Biscuit told on Shawn Elliott in an unsurprisingly gross and self-absorbed way.
I haven't heard of this guy but browsing his blog he seems like a big dingus. Way to get yourself owned buddy.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Jippa posted:

The emotional reactions that Sean has to games (especially the strong reaction he had to people doing bad things in Day Z, which is an incredibly silly game to me) makes me think I'm some sort of emotional robot. Thanks, violent video games.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

We just raised $1000 on Duckstream, and now Gary and Brayton are shaving each other. This is worth watching.

http://duckfeed.tv/duckstream

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
This is awesome, must-watch material and I'm glad I'm awake for this.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I'm at work, watching on my cell phone, rapidly killing my battery and data limit, but the music from Ghost is playing so its alllll good.

And Nick said my name correctly :unsmith:

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

oh my god you guys if you're not watching duckstream you're a fool

this is glorious

Vigilantly Vigorous
Jun 23, 2007
How delightful...
Oh my god it's happening. Brayton and Gary are shaving each other.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

If you are curious about the Unshaved Melody, I've preserved it for posterity here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NZ4I-PGbwM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i decided to use that video to learn how to use windows movie maker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtV_yNCW1tc

• Locked thread