Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
Whats the deal with EL on red atm? Saw Spina and a few others swap to a new tag, Was falling asleep so didn't get a chance to ask in game. Just curious because in the next week or two I think I might have a better understanding of what my guild wants to do in terms of alliances and more recruitment maybe. Don't think it would hurt to ally with some new up and coming guild that is just starting planar clears, epic quests, exp groups to 60 etc etc. Main thing about GW is almost all the members have BIS characters atleast 1 some more, as well as multiple classes/alts in various pvp level ranges. So for a new player, the guild isn't really appealing. We do dragons/raids etc on small things and what we can snipe here and there when we are bored but for a new player or a main thats sub 60 they would be better off in one of the newer guilds going for planar runs etc to gear up and get exp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

Pwnz0r posted:

Whats the deal with EL on red atm? Saw Spina and a few others swap to a new tag, Was falling asleep so didn't get a chance to ask in game. Just curious because in the next week or two I think I might have a better understanding of what my guild wants to do in terms of alliances and more recruitment maybe. Don't think it would hurt to ally with some new up and coming guild that is just starting planar clears, epic quests, exp groups to 60 etc etc. Main thing about GW is almost all the members have BIS characters atleast 1 some more, as well as multiple classes/alts in various pvp level ranges. So for a new player, the guild isn't really appealing. We do dragons/raids etc on small things and what we can snipe here and there when we are bored but for a new player or a main thats sub 60 they would be better off in one of the newer guilds going for planar runs etc to gear up and get exp.

Snipe trak for Yevea's http://wiki.project1999.com/Undead_Dragongut_Strings and I will love you forever. Seriously. I doubt I'll see this piece and it is the main bottleneck for my epic. Well, that and the White dragon scale. Everything else is manageable with patience.

Also all goons to my knowledge are sub 60, poo poo geared, and only just began planar clears with EL. Now that EL is basically empty of talent (it's going to become very clear on the first post-splinter raid, tonight at 7pm est (of note this is NOT the date, or time we usually raid, Darkhorn is in a panic I think)) it's going to be increasingly difficult for us to gear up. Of course, this could very easily change once EL absorbs all that Azrael :smithicide:

tl;dr on what happened over the last 48 hours, EL core officers / majority of tryhards splintered off to <Ryse>. They wanted to remove Darkhornx from GL of EL and reform the guild, Darkhorn wants to recruit literally any and all Azrael into EL and rename it to a new tag. Clear difference in direction, so they left and are taking people they want with them, and recruiting others from various sources if they are good at this game.

Myself, I'm undecided what I'm doing with Yevea. I really wish this didn't happen. Main reason I was so pro-EL is the people who splintered off were all real good pals of mine and basically were my justification to join outside of them not being Holocaust. I've basically never seen endgame EQ, so I'm not done yet but getting to it just got more complicated and confusing than 'hey we've getting 30 people a raid, this is going smoothly, lets level and gear up then contest!'

onesixtwo fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Nov 20, 2014

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW
Gaid: Sorry bro, didn't know I sniped your lguk group spot either. It ended up being an amazing group, until a high level rogue who was camping for mask of deception started training the zone repeatedly unintentionally. Sadly you camped about 3 minutes before a spot opened :( I would have kicked a pug from the MM group but I tossed leader when I camped for something and never got it back. Wasn't trying to rock the boat, since it was the second full group I've had since I rolled robo.

Fangthane posted:

Stabbity is hovering around 35 right now. I haven't played this week because of school and having to work late. I'm down for any groups though, if I'm on. If anyone needs a rogue for anything feel free to send me a tell! Also thanks Pwnz0r for the Bone Razor!

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I have a 32 red cleric I want to level, what time do you guys normally play?

My work schedule is really random but I'm going to be on a lot between 1pm and midnight pacific time. I have a bard in your guys' level ranges, kean has an enchanter, and yevea has a rogue. If we're all on and find a tank, that's literally a perfect exp group right there. PST robocop or hardon for groups if I'm on. I'll probably be on most of the day today.

onesixtwo posted:

Also all goons to my knowledge are sub 60, poo poo geared, and only just began planar clears with EL. Now that EL is basically empty of talent (it's going to become very clear on the first post-splinter raid, tonight at 7pm est (of note this is NOT the date, or time we usually raid, Darkhorn is in a panic I think)) it's going to be increasingly difficult for us to gear up. Of course, this could very easily change once EL absorbs all that Azrael :smithicide:

tl;dr on what happened over the last 48 hours, EL core officers / majority of tryhards splintered off to <Ryse>. They wanted to remove Darkhornx from GL of EL and reform the guild, Darkhorn wants to recruit literally any and all Azrael into EL and rename it to a new tag. Clear difference in direction, so they left and are taking people they want with them, and recruiting others from various sources if they are good at this game.

Myself, I'm undecided what I'm doing with Yevea. I really wish this didn't happen. Main reason I was so pro-EL is the people who splintered off were all real good pals of mine and basically were my justification to join outside of them not being Holocaust. I've basically never seen endgame EQ, so I'm not done yet but getting to it just got more complicated and confusing than 'hey we've getting 30 people a raid, this is going smoothly, lets level and gear up then contest!'

I'm really leaning towards going back to slamdunk and Actually Running It Like A Guild. That is, if enough people come back to run stuff. That ship may have sailed. If EL in its current form doesn't have enough to offer to be worth losing leadership & control of how the guild is run, no reason to be there. At the end of the day a goon-run guild would be the best and most drama free, but yknow the whole having enough people to kill gay dragons part seems to be the limiting factor. If we take this approach I'm willing to co-gm so that neither of us have to do all the work.

HEY VAPER fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Nov 20, 2014

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW
Hey you guys like guk right? I'm going to be running rear end/sup all day on my bard, if you're around low 30's to low 40's get on and lets kill some gay frogs!!

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

HEY VAPER posted:

Gaid: Sorry bro, didn't know I sniped your lguk group spot either. It ended up being an amazing group, until a high level rogue who was camping for mask of deception started training the zone repeatedly unintentionally. Sadly you camped about 3 minutes before a spot opened :( I would have kicked a pug from the MM group but I tossed leader when I camped for something and never got it back. Wasn't trying to rock the boat, since it was the second full group I've had since I rolled robo.

No worries, man. I was just being a whiny bitch because it's such a PITA to find groups and I literally sat there for like 2 hours for a group that never happened. It's all good though. I was more frustrated because none of those fuckers from <fresh> were saying anything out of group when I questioned if anyone was leaving. Just have the common courtesy to say something instead of nothing.

I left slamdunk because no one was in there over the last week except maybe letege chilling in NFP. I joined up with Fresh for grouping opportunities and yesterday was a nice reminder that fresh is loving retarded because they just invite anyone that wants in and there's only 10 people total worth a drat in that guild (Karsten's good poo poo). So, maybe I'll try and grab an invite in slamdunk later tonight. I'm bound in upper guk so maybe i'll see if a group is available tonight.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

Sorry I haven't been around much, crazy at my house with holidays coming soon. The ranger is 43,2 blues from 44. My camp spot has been taken the last 2 days for brief time I've had to play since Sunday. Hopefully I'll be around more starting Sunday.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I haven't posted in a while, but I have been playing here and there.

Last December I decided to level up a gnome warrior, completely solo, non-twinked. I planned to eventually get him to 54 and then just screw around till I got bored with EQ, again. I was intrigued by the challenge of going it on my own with one of the least liked and most group dependent classes on the server.

I was able to procure some cheap weapons by collecting bone chips from Decaying Skeletons in NRO and eventually farming willowisps in WC for their lightstones (for the turn-in quest in SRO). I fairly quickly leveled to 20 by just hunting for greater and regular lightstones. I used a bow and cheap fletched arrows to pull and occasionally got the high quality bear skins. I was able to gear up decently, nothing spectacular.

Bind wound was a must and I blew a good portion of earned plat for bandages. I kept up 1 hand slash, pierce and blunt skills and ignored 2 Hand skills initially. It was fun pushing the envelope and seeing how far I could go solo (constantly going beserker frenzy), and learning to survive with strafe running and using arrows to kite mobs at normal run speed.

Level progression was way faster than I anticipated. I hit 20 within 8 days and level 30 a week after that. I defeathered aviaks around Lake Rathe till about 24 or 25, then I headed over to Kunark LOIO till I hit 31 or 32. I slogged through till 35-36 in Swamp of No Hope (shittiest lovely zone). Those were lean $$ levels, I rarely upgraded gear and spent nearly all my plat on bandages. Things got better as I started soloing pirates (fs weapon drops) and drolvarg savages in FV.

When I died, I rarely sought a res; I probably got a total of 1-2 resses between level 1 and level 40 (after level 30 I averaged 1 death per level). If anyone tried to buff me, I would usually click off the buffs (boo-hoo, sorry).

I stayed in FV till level 45. By this time I had enough plat to buy a few clicky cobalt armor pieces (boots and gaunts). The leveling was really a chore at this point. Bandages were expended very quickly between fights and I realized I would need to find a way to farm plat to buy a low-end hp regen bp to offset the downtime.

It was time for a new zone, so I dropped into OT to kill chickens and cactus things on the zone edges. With moderate play time, level 45 had taken me roughly 2 months to achieve in this solo method. I recall taking a 1-2 week break from the game and then came back to work my way to level 50. It took another 2 weeks to get 50, after which the plan was to focus on finding a way to make plat.

Rathe Mt was my first effort for plat, killing hill giants. But this spot was miserable because of competition for mobs. Off hours were easy, but even then, the downtime was rather long between kills. At 50 I gained 1 hp regen per tick, so it helped... barely. I'd kill a giant, bandage to 50% and then sit for 10-12 min till I had enough hp to kill another giant. I did this for a few days and then decided to seek out other spots for hill giants.

North Karanas ended up being my unrealized goldmine. You could get the occasional hg pop here, but you also had all these willowisps which I would tag and pull in small swarms and then dispatch quickly for lightstones. You also had the highland lion that could sometimes drop the high quality skin that would fetch 300-400pp. The exp was coming from greater and regular lightstones doing the quest turn-in at the gypsies (great lightstones could net you 9pp as well when you sold back the quest reward).

After 2.5 weeks in NK, I had 12-13k plat and I was level 52. I bought a rubi bp for 11k (dumb, should have saved up few k more for iksar bp) and upgraded my weapons/armor slightly.

Now it was time to take a break from leveling/farming plat so I could get 2 big items: pegasus cloak and jboots. the quillmane spawn triggers had recently been updated (as it is now). I dedicated a few hours for 2 days killing ph mobs and finally scored a cloak.

Next up was SRO which, just days previously, had the AC spawn drastically changed. I teamed up with a cool troll shaman and we figured out which mobs to focus on killing (and at what time of day to kill). AC popped after 2 hours and I pounced on him, the shaman kindly deferred the loot to me.

I was a 52 warrior with a +3 hp regen bp, jboots, levi cloak, evasive discipline enabled and I could easily fit into a shoebox. My travels brought me to the dreadlands and I started exping with 6-7 min downtime. With levitate, I could get on top of a column outside karnors to avoid trains between fights and easily pick off weaker blue mobs from the roaming herds. I would do exp in Kunark, then get bored, farm some plat in NK (still getting exp from lightstones)... back and forth till I hit level 54.

It took a week to get 55, I was able to afford the +5 hp regen iksar bp (sold rubi for just 8k, gently caress) and I had gained kick stun. Also, I discovered that the discipline cooldown was reduced by 1 min with each level I gained. Despite having defensive discipline, I still preferred evasive since it recycled 3 min faster and the damage mitigation seemed about the same with outdoor mobs.

I needed one more item to help make life a lot easier and continue me on my quest, because now I was soloing to level 60. Fungi BP. Farming NK would probably do it after a couple months, but OOT seafuries could be a faster route. I tried a few, but 50% of the time I'd have to kite the seafury and knock it down with a zillion arrows. I went back to farming a bit more in NK to afford a truncheon of doom and a pair of blood points. I took part of a Sunday to level up 2 hand blunt on the lowest level mobs blue mobs I could find.

Seafury Isle is a plat jamboree for mages, necros, and root rotting shamans (because all of these shammy fuckers have their epic). It's a frustrating mess, but I'm up for the challenge. After a couple days of running around competing for furies (easy to beat cast times with my bow, but still putting in a lot of work searching), I observed a couple static spawn points. I timed out the respawn to the second and sat my rear end down nearby. Even if someone wanted to contend me for the spawn, I had the exact timing and I had a bow for the insta-pull.

At 55 I would kill a fury every 12-14 min. At 56 I got +1 hp regen and was down to 11 min per fury. I was getting good gem drops, using a desktop timer to alert me in advance of the spawn and I rarely had to kite with arrows. I had about 30k in the bank plus whatever I could get for my iksar bp, and I needed at least another 25-30k to get a fungi (they were going for 75-80k at the time).

After taking a 2 month break from p99, I came back and was able to make 25k in about 1.5 weeks of furies. I estimate it took me about 3-3.5 weeks of moderate play to make 55k killing a single fury every 10 min or so. I was 57 when I got the fungi for 70k, I kept doing furies (much easier now) and started saving up for enchanted dwarven plate armor and my first haste item (dragonborn sash).

When I got 58, one week later, I had made close to 100k doing furies since 55. I was killing stuff much faster and making a nuisance of myself to many a lovely mage, shaman, bard, necro, etc. ARCHER SUPREMACY! I was geared up and now needing a place to take me the last 2 levels to 60.

Burning Woods was the next stop. I would run around and pull single mobs close to the fort (hornets, apes/gorillas, skeles, etc). My favorite was pulling wurms and being able to take them down despite the fact they could double hit for 140 and had hella hp. Sure I had to kite 1 out of every 10 killed, but it was fun to have people watching a tiny gnome warrior mow that puppy down. I also started taking on Gorgul Paclock and getting some opals (having to kite him every 1 out of 5 kills). GORGUL PACLOCK!!!!!

It took a week to get level 59, but suddenly almost everything was green in BW. It would sometimes take me 15 min to find a blue mob, until I happened upon a discovery.

I started soloing the 2 spawn house in the giant fort, because the other 4 spawn points were usually taken. I knew this would sometimes spawn low green arbor giants, but I wanted to avoid aggro from roaming mobs outside the fort. This is when I observed that 99% of the forest giant ancients in the 2 spawn house were blue and they could spawn quite frequently. I'd have to kill a few arbors and verdants, but the ancients were popping often enough that I was able to clear 59 in less than 7 days of moderate play.

Achieving 60, I ran to the closest POD and handed in the tome to flag PVP. I then did my victory lap across the p99 globe (but not the planes). I had soloed a few times in Droga to improve my Chardok faction so I could taunt and agitate the aoe groups there. I would run in and tag every prisoner in the zone (about 30-40 mobs) and pull them to the aoe group during their downtime and freak the gently caress out of those guys, sometimes having a few casters gate out. "PVP gnome is training us!!!!"

And then I got bored and logged out.

The End

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

And I thought I was crazy with my untwinked Monk soloing. Cool story!

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

moolchaba posted:

I haven't posted in a while, but I have been playing here and there.

Last December I decided to level up a gnome warrior, completely solo, non-twinked. I planned to eventually get him to 54 and then just screw around till I got bored with EQ, again. I was intrigued by the challenge of going it on my own with one of the least liked and most group dependent classes on the server.

I was able to procure some cheap weapons by collecting bone chips from Decaying Skeletons in NRO and eventually farming willowisps in WC for their lightstones (for the turn-in quest in SRO). I fairly quickly leveled to 20 by just hunting for greater and regular lightstones. I used a bow and cheap fletched arrows to pull and occasionally got the high quality bear skins. I was able to gear up decently, nothing spectacular.

Bind wound was a must and I blew a good portion of earned plat for bandages. I kept up 1 hand slash, pierce and blunt skills and ignored 2 Hand skills initially. It was fun pushing the envelope and seeing how far I could go solo (constantly going beserker frenzy), and learning to survive with strafe running and using arrows to kite mobs at normal run speed.

Level progression was way faster than I anticipated. I hit 20 within 8 days and level 30 a week after that. I defeathered aviaks around Lake Rathe till about 24 or 25, then I headed over to Kunark LOIO till I hit 31 or 32. I slogged through till 35-36 in Swamp of No Hope (shittiest lovely zone). Those were lean $$ levels, I rarely upgraded gear and spent nearly all my plat on bandages. Things got better as I started soloing pirates (fs weapon drops) and drolvarg savages in FV.

When I died, I rarely sought a res; I probably got a total of 1-2 resses between level 1 and level 40 (after level 30 I averaged 1 death per level). If anyone tried to buff me, I would usually click off the buffs (boo-hoo, sorry).

I stayed in FV till level 45. By this time I had enough plat to buy a few clicky cobalt armor pieces (boots and gaunts). The leveling was really a chore at this point. Bandages were expended very quickly between fights and I realized I would need to find a way to farm plat to buy a low-end hp regen bp to offset the downtime.

It was time for a new zone, so I dropped into OT to kill chickens and cactus things on the zone edges. With moderate play time, level 45 had taken me roughly 2 months to achieve in this solo method. I recall taking a 1-2 week break from the game and then came back to work my way to level 50. It took another 2 weeks to get 50, after which the plan was to focus on finding a way to make plat.

Rathe Mt was my first effort for plat, killing hill giants. But this spot was miserable because of competition for mobs. Off hours were easy, but even then, the downtime was rather long between kills. At 50 I gained 1 hp regen per tick, so it helped... barely. I'd kill a giant, bandage to 50% and then sit for 10-12 min till I had enough hp to kill another giant. I did this for a few days and then decided to seek out other spots for hill giants.

North Karanas ended up being my unrealized goldmine. You could get the occasional hg pop here, but you also had all these willowisps which I would tag and pull in small swarms and then dispatch quickly for lightstones. You also had the highland lion that could sometimes drop the high quality skin that would fetch 300-400pp. The exp was coming from greater and regular lightstones doing the quest turn-in at the gypsies (great lightstones could net you 9pp as well when you sold back the quest reward).

After 2.5 weeks in NK, I had 12-13k plat and I was level 52. I bought a rubi bp for 11k (dumb, should have saved up few k more for iksar bp) and upgraded my weapons/armor slightly.

Now it was time to take a break from leveling/farming plat so I could get 2 big items: pegasus cloak and jboots. the quillmane spawn triggers had recently been updated (as it is now). I dedicated a few hours for 2 days killing ph mobs and finally scored a cloak.

Next up was SRO which, just days previously, had the AC spawn drastically changed. I teamed up with a cool troll shaman and we figured out which mobs to focus on killing (and at what time of day to kill). AC popped after 2 hours and I pounced on him, the shaman kindly deferred the loot to me.

I was a 52 warrior with a +3 hp regen bp, jboots, levi cloak, evasive discipline enabled and I could easily fit into a shoebox. My travels brought me to the dreadlands and I started exping with 6-7 min downtime. With levitate, I could get on top of a column outside karnors to avoid trains between fights and easily pick off weaker blue mobs from the roaming herds. I would do exp in Kunark, then get bored, farm some plat in NK (still getting exp from lightstones)... back and forth till I hit level 54.

It took a week to get 55, I was able to afford the +5 hp regen iksar bp (sold rubi for just 8k, gently caress) and I had gained kick stun. Also, I discovered that the discipline cooldown was reduced by 1 min with each level I gained. Despite having defensive discipline, I still preferred evasive since it recycled 3 min faster and the damage mitigation seemed about the same with outdoor mobs.

I needed one more item to help make life a lot easier and continue me on my quest, because now I was soloing to level 60. Fungi BP. Farming NK would probably do it after a couple months, but OOT seafuries could be a faster route. I tried a few, but 50% of the time I'd have to kite the seafury and knock it down with a zillion arrows. I went back to farming a bit more in NK to afford a truncheon of doom and a pair of blood points. I took part of a Sunday to level up 2 hand blunt on the lowest level mobs blue mobs I could find.

Seafury Isle is a plat jamboree for mages, necros, and root rotting shamans (because all of these shammy fuckers have their epic). It's a frustrating mess, but I'm up for the challenge. After a couple days of running around competing for furies (easy to beat cast times with my bow, but still putting in a lot of work searching), I observed a couple static spawn points. I timed out the respawn to the second and sat my rear end down nearby. Even if someone wanted to contend me for the spawn, I had the exact timing and I had a bow for the insta-pull.

At 55 I would kill a fury every 12-14 min. At 56 I got +1 hp regen and was down to 11 min per fury. I was getting good gem drops, using a desktop timer to alert me in advance of the spawn and I rarely had to kite with arrows. I had about 30k in the bank plus whatever I could get for my iksar bp, and I needed at least another 25-30k to get a fungi (they were going for 75-80k at the time).

After taking a 2 month break from p99, I came back and was able to make 25k in about 1.5 weeks of furies. I estimate it took me about 3-3.5 weeks of moderate play to make 55k killing a single fury every 10 min or so. I was 57 when I got the fungi for 70k, I kept doing furies (much easier now) and started saving up for enchanted dwarven plate armor and my first haste item (dragonborn sash).

When I got 58, one week later, I had made close to 100k doing furies since 55. I was killing stuff much faster and making a nuisance of myself to many a lovely mage, shaman, bard, necro, etc. ARCHER SUPREMACY! I was geared up and now needing a place to take me the last 2 levels to 60.

Burning Woods was the next stop. I would run around and pull single mobs close to the fort (hornets, apes/gorillas, skeles, etc). My favorite was pulling wurms and being able to take them down despite the fact they could double hit for 140 and had hella hp. Sure I had to kite 1 out of every 10 killed, but it was fun to have people watching a tiny gnome warrior mow that puppy down. I also started taking on Gorgul Paclock and getting some opals (having to kite him every 1 out of 5 kills). GORGUL PACLOCK!!!!!

It took a week to get level 59, but suddenly almost everything was green in BW. It would sometimes take me 15 min to find a blue mob, until I happened upon a discovery.

I started soloing the 2 spawn house in the giant fort, because the other 4 spawn points were usually taken. I knew this would sometimes spawn low green arbor giants, but I wanted to avoid aggro from roaming mobs outside the fort. This is when I observed that 99% of the forest giant ancients in the 2 spawn house were blue and they could spawn quite frequently. I'd have to kill a few arbors and verdants, but the ancients were popping often enough that I was able to clear 59 in less than 7 days of moderate play.

Achieving 60, I ran to the closest POD and handed in the tome to flag PVP. I then did my victory lap across the p99 globe (but not the planes). I had soloed a few times in Droga to improve my Chardok faction so I could taunt and agitate the aoe groups there. I would run in and tag every prisoner in the zone (about 30-40 mobs) and pull them to the aoe group during their downtime and freak the gently caress out of those guys, sometimes having a few casters gate out. "PVP gnome is training us!!!!"

The End

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

That's ridiculous moochaba- I don't think I'd have the patience for that. What was your total /played ?

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

I'm absolutely terrified you made that much plat as a warrior on a seafuries diet.

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

gepgepgep posted:

Awesome, turn it in for belt yet!? Such great stats on that thing for monks...their Sky loot is incredible.

Also, who is your monk and who do you raid with? (Seems like you came back to raid guild)

Been in <Divinity> forever. Just waiting to get the tradeable pieces so I can finish the turn in.

Back before Kunark I made insane plat as a level 45+ Wizard killing trash in Sol A. I would just one-shot all of the named mobs or placeholders. As long as I didnt sit near anything, I was too high level to draw aggro (but I think they changed this in a patch at some point). I figure I was making roughly 1k an hour after selling Impskin Gloves, Plat Dragon Totems, Obsidian Shards, Foreman Tunics, Plat Armbands etc. It was just a lotta work selling all that crap. But I made enough to twink my monk with a Fungi and Runed Bolster Belt

I eat baby skin
Nov 30, 2003
Fresh from the nursery

moolchaba posted:

Long post on life as a gnome warrior

I think you meant to post this in the "Tell me what it's like to be a masochist thread"

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

gnome war post is the best recipe for 'beating' EQ.

Choosing to punch yourself in the balls over and over is the only way to truly defeat this game.

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006

Lakedaimon posted:

Been in <Divinity> forever. Just waiting to get the tradeable pieces so I can finish the turn in.
I can see if we can part with an Aged Nectar for some plats, if you're interested. We have a decent number of them. Writ we only have a few, so not sure they'd really part with it. Let me know.

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW
If anyone's trying to exp robo's now level 39 and yes I've been cleaning out my poopsock in the laundry.

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

gepgepgep posted:

I can see if we can part with an Aged Nectar for some plats, if you're interested. We have a decent number of them. Writ we only have a few, so not sure they'd really part with it. Let me know.

Oh wow thanks, I just did the turn-in though, had to wait for someone with access to our sky bankers to log in. Then of course when I got up to sky the quest mob was already used/despawned and another monk was there waiting ahead of me. Had to do my turn-in at 7am heh. Now maybe if you had some brass knuckles for the Tranquil Fist laying around... lol

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Funkutron5000 posted:

There are goons in TMO (myself and a few others), IB, and BDA as well (that I know of at least. I'm sure there are more in other guilds as well).

I can also suggest Forceful Entry if you want to go the class R route. Shinko is, if nothing else, entertaining as gently caress (I also think he's a good dude, though I'm sure some would disagree).

FE is still around? I thought they died and all went to TMO.

Shinko is (was?) a pretty good guy. We really missed him when he left BDA.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

moolchaba posted:

:patriot:

Funkutron5000
Jan 21, 2010

xZAOx posted:

FE is still around? I thought they died and all went to TMO.

Shinko is (was?) a pretty good guy. We really missed him when he left BDA.

Shinko decided to restart it as a class R guild. He'd been looking to do it for a while but he had a hell of a time getting the leader tag back. Woo stupid drama.

Xantares
Jul 25, 2006
I just don't know
These two servers seem to have a huge helping of drama, just of different types. If you can divorce yourself from it it's a fantastic thing to observe.

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
The fact were on like year 3 of kunark doesn't help drama at all, If anything it makes more of it. Never on live did I see one single person with half of these bis items that people have let alone dozens of fully geared kunark characters. Hell on live I was just getting 50 when kunark came out, and by time I hit 60 velious had been out for a month. Few people got to ever see kunark to its full before velious released. Though I really do like the velious expansion, lots of fun stuff to do, the zones are just so big that on red without another active +200 playerbase its going to be extremely empty considering all the zones youll now be having access to.

Niedar
Apr 21, 2010
You just got to wait 5 years and they will open a (rotation server?). Don't know what the proper name is for it but a server that follow the timeline and then dumps into the main server eventually.

Niedar fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Nov 22, 2014

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
moolchaba, in your story you talk about figuring out the specific spawns you needed to kill for ancient cyclops to spawn in SRo. Do you mind sharing what you found?

The current theory around here is that he spawns randomly anywhere in the desert at exactly 9pm game time, and that you then have to just run around and hope to find him. Your description though indicates that this may not be how it is?

Mind sharing? I've been struggling to get the ring for weeks and it's really killing my will to continue playing. What even would the process be for deducing what specific spawns you need to be killing?

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
There is a guide on the P99 wiki but there is some dispute surrounding it, especially the part about it needing to be night time to spawn.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

Siets posted:

moolchaba, in your story you talk about figuring out the specific spawns you needed to kill for ancient cyclops to spawn in SRo. Do you mind sharing what you found?

I don't remember everything exactly, I do recall we rounded up all the humanoid mobs and killed those at a specific time (during the day).

I saw others doing the same sort of thing a few weeks later, running around with a train of humanoid mobs till a certain time and killing them.

I have nothing to prove it, it could have just been random luck.

edit: and in reference to the amount of plat you can make at furies. I am at fury island now and I killed 3 of em in last 10 min, I have 800pp in gems already (of course the next 8 kills could drop zilch).

moolchaba fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Nov 22, 2014

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
sro AC still works like it used to, but the previous placeholders are no longer stuck in a static path that are easily spotted hence where people used to sit, to easily kill the non giant PHs. IF you did it prior to the patch, The PHs are mostly the same just spread a bit more out. male dervish barb etc wiki has em all still. They can e quickly killed with a tracker even if you go overboard and kill em all. And any giants are up are an obvious PH, but you still want to kill them around 10am game time, so a respawn would be at night game time(ensuring a possibly secondary AC pop if you kill quick enough but is still rare to get a double pop). The AC can be up randomly now that the darkies kill PHs + giants, So if you port in just before night time falls in game theres a small chance to see him up already. That is why a lot of people zone in and see him up. Takes about 10-15 mins before he paths into darkies depending where he spawns, then dies to them.

Anyway as far as red goes, God's Work started recruiting. We took in the new Ryse members and others, Waiting on Yevea to login to talk to him because im pretty sure the Ryse folks said he was gonna join them but haven't seen you on in over a day or so. Already got a few minor raids done NP ezpz mode. More to come in the next few weeks, Mind you most of our characters again are best in slot geared so we are there mostly to help gear up new people get them started and then go ahead with future plans but will take some time for people to get there. For the most part we are looking for 60s but exceptions can/will be made for some people etc goons. If you are 50+ or don't want to join holo let me know, Holo pixels are flowing to many people atm but personally imo at the current rate they are handing out huge items like soul leeches and skybows to random sub 55s who have been in guild for less then a week, it is only a matter of time before dacbane disease gets to them.

Don't get me wrong, holo has a lot of cool people in it. Some are friends from my past guild and more are torn between what happened with their leaders, but the whole thing that sparked the breaking of the alliance was over petty bs and them not being able to keep their word when time came to it, Not a lot of the day to day members knew what Vaporize did for holo until after, as if guild bank plat appeared out of no where as did epic MQ's and BP's for each class to help get them on their feet and rolling. Holo is basically made up of 5-6 leaders, most of them raid leaders with 2 or so pvp leaders. Yes they can kill some VP content despite wiping to trivial things like pulling a train to single pull a dragon because warmbodies are AFK sitting while drakes path through the raid and so on. As well as world dragons/bosses, but sooner or later these 60+ constantly on and probably 80-100+ total members active that revolve around due to casuals/warmbodies they are going to have to make a choice. Whether they want to PLEASE the entire guild and go for VS/sev/fay/inny/tal etc and give up the best loots from VP, or go to VP and contest to get 3-4 pixels and cater to the elite few of their guild. Granted no idea when we plan on making a move. Just food for thought.

@Yevea get at Push/Portahoe/Jupe in game when your around, I am getting ready to head to bed but my brother should be on. Or talk to some people on GW if you decide you do want to come here, We do indeed have some bards already but couple are bis geared already. As far as epic goes, I can't promise you anything as I do not hold any guts to MQ atm. But depending what you main(unsure of what else you have, just cleric and bard yeah?) Guts are the easy part, and vox is a joke. We avoid vox mostly because even though its a easy 6 man fight we lost our epic 51 monk/rogue a few months ago that we needed for the push on heal so doing it like naggy with simple damage shield + tank dps doesn't work.

btw seafuries are indeed good plat, even after they nerfed them over a year ago. But if your able, a 60 enchanter can get 100k a week min farming seb bugs, maybe more if you go for names and certain other camps.

Arri
Jun 11, 2005
NpNp
Me and my roommate just started playing on red. Druid/enc combo, named Ranned/Runned, respectively. We're in our own little guild called Bad Biscuits. Say hi if you see us around.

Arakan
May 10, 2008

After some persuasion, Fluttershy finally opens up, and Twilight's more than happy to oblige in doing her best performance as a nice, obedient wolf-puppy.

Pwnz0r posted:

btw seafuries are indeed good plat, even after they nerfed them over a year ago. But if your able, a 60 enchanter can get 100k a week min farming seb bugs, maybe more if you go for names and certain other camps.

Yes please farm seb and sell me the gems. I've exhausted all the suppliers on the server.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Pwnz0r posted:

sro AC still works like it used to, but the previous placeholders are no longer stuck in a static path that are easily spotted hence where people used to sit, to easily kill the non giant PHs. IF you did it prior to the patch, The PHs are mostly the same just spread a bit more out. male dervish barb etc wiki has em all still. They can e quickly killed with a tracker even if you go overboard and kill em all. And any giants are up are an obvious PH, but you still want to kill them around 10am game time, so a respawn would be at night game time(ensuring a possibly secondary AC pop if you kill quick enough but is still rare to get a double pop). The AC can be up randomly now that the darkies kill PHs + giants, So if you port in just before night time falls in game theres a small chance to see him up already. That is why a lot of people zone in and see him up. Takes about 10-15 mins before he paths into darkies depending where he spawns, then dies to them.

I looked at the wiki again. It makes it seem that AC can spawn at any time of day. So why kill all the humanoid placeholders at a specific time of day now? Shouldn't I just be able to keep killing the PH's over and over until I see AC?

Similarly, the sand giant is listed as a 6-10 minute spawn PH for AC, so why kill him at 10am specifically? I'm confused.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Sro AC was patched a few months back to only spawn at night (classic) again. Note: As of January 18, 2014. Ancient Cyclops appears to be coded to spawn only at night now in Sro, he is much more rare than before. /tar # macro no longer works, and until more testing is done, he can spawn *anywhere* in the a desert now and is no longer a static spawn.

pwnz0r: Yeah, I've been leveling with a couple goons on my rogue alt, Jovial. Which she's also a general fight away from epic, gotta love the rogue epic quest.. and Heshling for literally doing my quest for me. Yevea is definitely my main, cleric is just a rez/farm duo character. I'd actually even consider my rogue alt to be more of a secondary than the cleric, they were just leveled to have goon groups actually work since no one wanted to roll one. I'll get in touch with one of you two, glad you picked up Ryse though, I'd be lying if I wasn't hoping that'd have happened in the first place and made this a whole lot more of a simple decision.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

The Wiki for the AC says he is level 32 / 41. Is the SRo one 32 or 41? I assume the reverse is the OOT one.

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
As from what I remember, both are low level, extremely easily to kill compared to both the sand giants AND the seafury PHs in sro/oot. Level 28-30 sounds about right.

tyler is a joke
Apr 28, 2013

I'll be on probably quite a bit today and tonight (and everyday henceforth until I get a job). My characters are:

Chenre, lvl 12 mage
Avalo, lvl 7 monk
Mahak, lvl 4 necro

I'll most likely be playing Chenre so please feel free to /t me and chat. So lonely. Thinking about rolling an enchanter or a bard as I've never really played them for any length of time. Are they soloable at all?

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

tyler is a joke posted:

I'll be on probably quite a bit today and tonight (and everyday henceforth until I get a job). My characters are:

Chenre, lvl 12 mage
Avalo, lvl 7 monk
Mahak, lvl 4 necro

I'll most likely be playing Chenre so please feel free to /t me and chat. So lonely. Thinking about rolling an enchanter or a bard as I've never really played them for any length of time. Are they soloable at all?

Blue or red?

Bard is easily the best solo class in the game. You won't learn how to play the class at all, but after level 18 you can pull entire outdoor zones, kite it around, AOE it down, and afk for a half hour. Doing this you can easily hit 50+ in a few days on red and not much slower than that on blue. It's easily the quickest 1-50 in the game and beats out powerleveling. You can solo for exp quickly but you're very limited on what stuff you can solo for loot later on. Fair warning bard is easily the most unique class in the game and a lot of people don't like it. I love my bard though.

Enchanters are good soloers, moreso for exp on blue than red (group exp bonus gives you no reason to solo ever if you're not a bard.) You might not be able to swarm down an entire zone at once like a bard, but once you're leveled up enchanters are the best soloers in the game, able to farm named mobs that other classes and some groups can't touch. If you want a strong soloer that can kill basically anything it feels like at 60, enchanter is the class. Only shamans come remotely close to their ability to solo.

HEY VAPER fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Nov 22, 2014

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

kean and I are going to xp either our mains or rogue / chanter, we're partial to either if you are around

this would be either high 50s or mid 30s, if anyone else is interested also

Video Game Aspie
Dec 29, 2011

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 9 years!)

I'm up to 20 now on my wizzy (Drstrange) grouping in LOIO. if anyone has any toons on blue around that level, hit me up. i usually keep my 39 pocket enc nearby to crack/haste other people if i manage to get a partner or group.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch
I'm thinking about transplanting my monk/shm to Kunark once I get done trolling EC for monk stuff. Is LOIO/FM/OT pretty popular? I did Faydwer on my other pair and don't really want to put up with Unrest and MM again

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
When I was active, OT usually had some groups - provided a bard wasn't stealing it all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hesh Ballantine
Feb 13, 2012
I really want to make an R99 R&F post about how nobody that's new to the server gives any fucks at all about some year old server drama between a bunch of hardcore pixel queens, stop asking me if I side with Azrael or Holocaust because I really don't loving care

• Locked thread