Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zolthorg
May 26, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

She's also from Fire Emblem: Awakening

I gotta be honest with you when I found out how many battles I was going to have to fight to get the characters I wanted to gently caress to gently caress I stopped playing before I finished it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

F. Lobot posted:

It's a valid point. It's one of Nintendo's more obscure series, but it has 4 characters while Earthbound has one.

:ironicat:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

F. Lobot posted:

It's a valid point. It's one of Nintendo's more obscure series, but it has 4 characters while Earthbound has one.
Fire Emblem has 14 games. Earthbound has three. Fire Emblem: Awakening was a very successful game, very recent game, enough that Fire Emblem is in the public consciousness. It's no Mario, but it's no Earthbound either.

It's not a valid point.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

F. Lobot posted:

Earthwho?

I was one of the lucky ones who found a bundle just off the shelf. My gamestop only got two and I got the one.
drat this game looks pretty.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
Lmao if you think nintendo cares about earthbound.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Waluigi and Lucina are very alike because I want to kiss both of them

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

I still don't understand why they cut Lucas when he's from the far and away majorly superior game which was more recent and also a swansong to the series.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Where is Maple Leaf

For I must fight him

Nut Better
Feb 17, 2011

:same:

Hey, can anyone check to see if the copy of the game that comes with the bundle is a retail copy or one of those "no resale" copies? UPS screwed up my bundle order so I was wondering if I could buy a vanilla copy of the game and return the copy from the bundle when it gets here.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
The menus really do suck. Trying to unlock Duck Hunt, I could not for the life of me figure out where Cruel Mode was (I had to look it up)

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Macaluso posted:

The menus really do suck. Trying to unlock Duck Hunt, I could not for the life of me figure out where Cruel Mode was (I had to look it up)

Bet you needed a map to find this thread and the reply button too

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother

F. Lobot posted:

Why isn't this game catered specifically to meeeeeeee and my wants :smith:

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Blackheart posted:

Bet you needed a map to find this thread and the reply button too

Nah the menus in this generation just suck. There is no hierarchy to them. And its explicitly so they could make the menus be just a few big oblong shapes for each rung of the ladder that would be easy to tap. Which is exactly why these menus display... On the top screen of the 3ds with no key to swap the top and bottom screens!

I imagine its slightly less awful on the wii u where you can actually swap the tv screen to the gamepad.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true

TheKingofSprings posted:

Where is Maple Leaf

For I must fight him

I was legit working for Nintendo at a Toys R Us but the check will have the Nintendo logo on it

I'll fight you later tonight, my irl friends want a piece of this first.

FirstPlayer
Jan 1, 2007

Beat me up and earn
fifteen respect points

Sorry if this has been asked before, but how do I register products for Mewtwo when I bought both versions digitally?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Nut Better posted:

Hey, can anyone check to see if the copy of the game that comes with the bundle is a retail copy or one of those "no resale" copies? UPS screwed up my bundle order so I was wondering if I could buy a vanilla copy of the game and return the copy from the bundle when it gets here.

Hah, I'd love to know this as well. I was wondering if anyone else was as insane as me (UPS also hosed up my order).

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Amazon couldn't get us Dragon Age on time pre ordered a year ago, but it got us this on time ordered a few months ago.

What a world we live in.

I have also literally not played a smash brothers since the original but this has Megaman AND Sonic in the same loving game. So I can finally have some closure on tiny child me being lied to by Gamepro showing Megaman and Sonic shaking hands on a cover and making me think the best game in the entire loving universe was coming (It wasn't :saddowns:).

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

FirstPlayer posted:

Sorry if this has been asked before, but how do I register products for Mewtwo when I bought both versions digitally?

You need to have a Club Nintendo account and have it linked to the system prior to the purchases for digital titles to automatically register. If your Club Nintendo account was not registered before those purchases, you'll need to email Nintendo's customer support. I did that myself when I finally made my account and they were able to look at my 3DS system's purchases (although they asked me for a list as well) and just throw them all on my account retroactively.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

FirstPlayer posted:

Register your club nintendo account on both systems from the button in the eshop settings
Then send an email to nintendo support indicating you want credit for the games you purchased

I only set up my club nintendo this month and I got them to credit my 3ds and everything I bought digitally for the last two years or so. As well as my new preowned wii u. That might have just been because the precious owner never used the code ( The ebay seller was supposedly a retailer who opened the box but the customer never took the product home ymmv)

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Suck it, Trebek

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

noirstronaut posted:

Suck it, Trebek

I was gonna crank you for donating to a brick and mortar advertised charity but it looks like they actually use 81 cents on the dollar to help people :shobon:

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
I just fed a banana to my link action figure and it leveled up.

goty??

what a great thing to steal from phantasy star online

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I just randomly got a trophy of Globox and haven't even seen the Rayman one yet. You think there was originally supposed to be even more Rayman stuff in the game like a stage or something before the Rayman Legends deal went south last year?

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
So on the 3DS if I dodge roll I always come out of it facing my opponent. In this there seems to be about a 50% change I'll be facing them when I come out of the dodge roll, and I'm really getting sick of facing the wrong direction and grabbing. What's the deal? Do I need to actually tap the direction of my opponent while rolling to face the direction I want to? I don't understand why I'm grabbing at nothing constantly on the Wii U and never on the 3DS.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

F. Lobot posted:

Fire Emblem has like 11 mainline games, 2 console spinoffs and an upcoming crossover game. Earthbound has three, only one of which was ever released in the states, and the last game was in... 2004? And they are never ever making another one.

Asbel
Mar 22, 2013

angry borking noises
My NNID is AzureRequiem. Add me to Smash against a baddie!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I literally cannot stop smashing

help

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!
So I fired the game up for the first time tonight. Played a few matches online, and offline against my brother.

So far I haven't noticed any latency at all. This is a triumph.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Jesus loving christ "Kirby's Crazy Appetite" is the most horrendously-designed and unplayable challenge I've had to deal with in any video game in YEARS.

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Deep in my dreams and I still hear her callin'
If you're alone, I'll come home.

Is there any way to get this now as an Aussie?

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Did anyone else manage to snag any of the Series 2 amiibos at their retailer? Ebgames was selling them early for me, I was worried the sales clerk's system would come up with an error or something and he wouldn't be able to ring Dixie through.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

DoctorWhat posted:

Jesus loving christ "Kirby's Crazy Appetite" is the most horrendously-designed and unplayable challenge I've had to deal with in any video game in YEARS.

holy poo poo, if i copy DDD's inhale, each food heals me by 9 if i inhale it. that'll make things WAY easier!

still loving awful, though, with the way-zoomed-out camera and poo poo.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So since Shulk, Ike, and King Dedede Amiibos arent coming out until next year I settled for a Kirby and oh god I'm addicted too them help me not buy more.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
I've just finished confirming the unlock conditions for all the secret characters in the Wii U version. Enjoy!

Falco: Clear Classic Mode for the first time, or finish 10 VS Matches
Wario: Clear 100-Man Smash, or finish 20 VS Matches
Lucina: Clear Classic Mode on Intensity 5.5+ (this means you have to defeat Master Core!!!), or play 30 VS Matches
Dark Pit: Clear All-Star Mode on Normal+ (it doesn't have to be True All-Star), or play 40 VS Matches
Dr. Mario: Clear a Hard-difficulty+ Master Order (not as difficult as it sounds, Hard is only 3/5 difficulty stars), or play 50 VS Matches
R.O.B.: Clear Crazy Orders with a chain of 10, or play 60 VS Matches
Mr. Game & Watch: Clear Classic Mode with five different fighters, or play 80 (no, not 70) VS Matches
Duck Hunt: KO 1 enemy in Cruel Smash, or play 100 VS Matches

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

DoctorWhat posted:

holy poo poo, if i copy DDD's inhale, each food heals me by 9 if i inhale it. that'll make things WAY easier!

still loving awful, though, with the way-zoomed-out camera and poo poo.

nevermind, i take it back, this is still loving uplayable

wtf sakurai!?!?

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

In the vein of unlocking characters, it seems like you can get them through event mode as well? It says there are hidden routes for certain stages that let you unlock characters. Anybody know what the hidden routes are?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Did anyone else manage to snag any of the Series 2 amiibos at their retailer? Ebgames was selling them early for me, I was worried the sales clerk's system would come up with an error or something and he wouldn't be able to ring Dixie through.

I was really confused by this post but then I saw who posted it

Shine on, you crazy diamond

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

JoeGlassJAw posted:

In the vein of unlocking characters, it seems like you can get them through event mode as well? It says there are hidden routes for certain stages that let you unlock characters. Anybody know what the hidden routes are?

No, the hidden routes unlock when you unlock that character, since the events require you to use said character

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I FINALLY loving DID IT WITH NO TIME TO SPARE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!

neurotech posted:

Is there any way to get this now as an Aussie?
Buy an imported North American Wii U and download it from the eShop.

• Locked thread