Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Depressing Box
Jun 27, 2010

Half-price sideshow.

Tollymain posted:

what are the dogs saying? i don't remember the trick to translating cursed words

Funnily enough, neither did Zack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Now if he were REALLY clever, he'd assemble a phantom chapter of dialogue out of words that can be puzzled out from context.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Doing that would be good for foreshadowing major events later, by using words from Chapter 6 right now, say.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Didn't Forge utter a single Cursed Word at one point, that referred to (the nonexistent) Chapter 0?

(My strategy for reading the cursed words is always "if it's more than 2-3 hours since the page went up, scroll down and skim the comments. Someone will have translated there.")

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Are those the two dogs Isabel suplexed into each other?

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Yep. While caught in an infinite-death-loop, they seem to have managed to hobble along to the meeting site, and call out grotesquely "die with us, brother". Fun!

Makes me wonder about their seemingly-overpowered regeneration ability. Maybe it requires one of them to be alive for the others to regenerate, like they're technically all a single spirit. Since those two are stuck, they might now have to die "for real" and slowly recover in the usual way, and they need all three to die at once for that to happen.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
They've kinda lost their pixeliness in the process. Does it mean anything?

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
A great page to come back with. Lots of great details here, but I think my favorite part is that these guys are dressed sorta like a death cult.

And now we finally understand, because we are smarter.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
poo poo I forgot to post about it when I realized that this morning :v:

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Matlock Birthmark posted:

And now we finally understand, because we are smarter.
:stare:

Goddammit Morrison, you beautiful bastard.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah it's incredible :allears:

Coach Sport
Jul 3, 2003
And we care about this shitty poster...why?
I hope we hear about what sort of evil things tiny shoulder dude did to learn so many Cursed Words.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Goddammit OdaZack! :argh:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Morrison does it again

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

New page.

Lucifer tellin' it like it is. All the different ways Spender hosed up tonight, laid out clearly in front of him. He doesn't seem to be taking it very well, though.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ditocoaf posted:

New page.

Lucifer tellin' it like it is. All the different ways Spender hosed up tonight, laid out clearly in front of him. He doesn't seem to be taking it very well, though.

Man. Spender looks like he's about to cry in one of those panels. And unfortunately he ends up brushing off Isabel as a result of Lucifer's lecture, though at least she has Ed with her. Spender's just got Lucifer, who is rather cold for a spirit of light. I'm not sure that lecture's going to have the intended effect, either; Spender might just break eventually.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
Welp Isabel learned nothing and Eightfold was right! "I lost my book" yeah keep on pretending spirits aren't sentient beings and are just tools to be used Isabel! That attitude will get you far!

Also this is a drat good webcomic I've just gotta say.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Paramemetic posted:

Welp Isabel learned nothing and Eightfold was right! "I lost my book" yeah keep on pretending spirits aren't sentient beings and are just tools to be used Isabel! That attitude will get you far!

Also this is a drat good webcomic I've just gotta say.

I suspect that's a coping mechanism to help deal with losing her friend.

I hope Eightfold returns in some capacity.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
There's still the big dangling plot hook of the actual story of how they met.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Poison Mushroom posted:

There's still the big dangling plot hook of the actual story of how they met.

There's probably room for flashbacks to Isabel's earlier training to account for that, but I don't see it being particularly important or vital.

Spender's having it rough, but Lucifer is right. If he could have killed Forge as easily as blasting the inside of its mouth, he should have. More interestingly, just who IS Lucifer? Why does he care about saving the town?

I suspect that we'll be getting a chapter devoted to Spender's past, but probably not immediately. I think the story's either going to focus on Agent Day or go into Isaac's possession next.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

Paramemetic posted:

I think Isabel is just playing tough and casual there. She was very upset at the moment she lost Eightfold but pushed that feeling down immediately to go into action mode and try to save Max.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
What's funny is that Spender is feeling really bad and he doesn't even know about all the ways he's screwed the pooch yet.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Rand Brittain posted:

What's funny is that Spender is feeling really bad and he doesn't even know about all the ways he's screwed the pooch yet.
Pretty sure the (demon) pooch screwed him in this case :v:

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Spender keeps finding new ways to gently caress up, it's incredible

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

You know, listening to Lucifer's rant here, I actually feel a little more sympathetic to Spender. A lot of his bullshit clearly comes straight from his spirit. It's got to be hard not being an anime-powered clusterfuck when you have that rear end in a top hat living in your head.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Great page but the spelling errors are making me twitch (rebuttal, counsel).

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
"So...did I fu-"

"you hosed up son"

drat, Lucy.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.
Is there alt text? I'm not getting any.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Leper Residue posted:

"Ed not in wide shots before his appearance b/c he was slithering through the grass like a snake"

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Leper Residue posted:

Alt text: "Ed not in wide shots before his appearance b/c he was slithering through the grass like a snake"

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Autonomous Monster posted:

You know, listening to Lucifer's rant here, I actually feel a little more sympathetic to Spender. A lot of his bullshit clearly comes straight from his spirit. It's got to be hard not being an anime-powered clusterfuck when you have that rear end in a top hat living in your head.

Yeah. It actually seems like Spender's 'moral greyness' is from Lucifer's influence. Especially since he lists asking Garcia to take him out if he goes too far as one of his mistakes.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

RandallODim posted:

Especially since he lists asking Garcia to take him out if he goes too far as one of his mistakes.

hahaaa

Mr Garcia is the sleepy teacher. Guerra's the old kungfu dude.

"Starchman... if I turn to the darkside... please..."

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Yeah I was thinking this as well. Lucifer seems somewhat obsessive and unhinged.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

scalded schlong posted:

hahaaa

Mr Garcia is the sleepy teacher. Guerra's the old kungfu dude.

"Starchman... if I turn to the darkside... please..."

"please... take away my stars"

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Opposing Farce posted:

"Ed not in wide shots before his appearance b/c he was slithering through the grass like a snake"

Ditocoaf posted:

Alt text: "Ed not in wide shots before his appearance b/c he was slithering through the grass like a snake"

Cool cool thanks. No idea why I'm not getting alt text on any comics.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

RabidWeasel posted:

Yeah I was thinking this as well. Lucifer seems somewhat obsessive and unhinged.

Well, it is a spirit; it's not and never was human, so it not behaving or thinking like one makes sense. Still though, yeah, I don't think Lucifer's a particularly positive influence here. It's got a mix of good points ("don't bicker with your enemy, kill it") and obsessive extremism going on. Which, as someone else mentioned earlier, is kind of interesting; why does Lucifer care about saving the town so much? I mean, its entire existence is mostly keeping the shadow-spirit locked up, which besides likely being boring even if you are an inhuman spirit, apparently takes a huge toll on it and is a considerable effort it is constantly extending. Why on earth does it care so much about this to devote its very existence to it and help the guy arguably keeping it trapped?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
max what kind of face is that

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Tollymain posted:

max what kind of face is that

"no please don't leave me alone with this colossal dork :saddowns:"

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Roland Jones posted:

Well, it is a spirit; it's not and never was human, so it not behaving or thinking like one makes sense. Still though, yeah, I don't think Lucifer's a particularly positive influence here. It's got a mix of good points ("don't bicker with your enemy, kill it") and obsessive extremism going on. Which, as someone else mentioned earlier, is kind of interesting; why does Lucifer care about saving the town so much? I mean, its entire existence is mostly keeping the shadow-spirit locked up, which besides likely being boring even if you are an inhuman spirit, apparently takes a huge toll on it and is a considerable effort it is constantly extending. Why on earth does it care so much about this to devote its very existence to it and help the guy arguably keeping it trapped?

There's bound to be a story there. If Lucifer is light and the other creature darkness, it could be that they are ~Ancient Rivals~ having the same battle time and time again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
The theme is lectures