Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Rose got almost everything from Alpha except for Soul Illusion. :smith: A counter and some new super options with her meter building ain't that bad, I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
I want to see what Hakkan gets.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

gently caress it give him a dive kick as well

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I still think it's lame that Ryu doesn't get his 3s \ SFxT donkey kick and denjin and Chun-Li doesn't get ST upkicks or her 3s back+fierce but whatever.

Sakura is already pretty drat good, imagine what she would be like if she had a divekick in the real game and not omega :unsmigghh:

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
I really like the concept of characters that need to do some non damaging neutral game thing to powerup, like Shun Di in VF, Q taunt, Phoenix Wright evidence search, Hakkan oil, and was disappointed to find out Hakkan was a grappler because that meant I wouldn't be good at him.

a!n
Apr 26, 2013

Are they going to fix the game though?

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

a!n posted:

Not holding my breath

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
C'monnnnnnn Hugo raging demon

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Intel&Sebastian posted:

C'monnnnnnn Hugo raging demon

Have they revealed what Zangief will be getting in Omega, if anything? Because I really want Zangief to get a dive kick for some odd reason.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
hugo should get an ultra where he eats a potato and gets a health boost

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
For real though I want an air clap.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

hugo should get an ultra where he eats a potato and gets a health boost

Hugo should get an ultra thats the suicide IK from like fist of the north star i think?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Hugo should get an ultra thats the suicide IK from like fist of the north star i think?
Yeah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8zx9qxCSvM

"I refuse to be defeated by your technique!"

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Madmarker posted:

Have they revealed what Zangief will be getting in Omega, if anything? Because I really want Zangief to get a dive kick for some odd reason.

The two changes showcased were a hopping headbutt (goes over low pokes, is airborne, makes me terrified cause it reads like Rose's cl.MK on a grappler) and a command normal that moves you forward. Kinda boring, I was hoping for MECHA GIEF INSTALL.

tunaism
Dec 24, 2011
I didn't see mention of Dan's weird command throw being put in. :(

I signed up for the tournament this morning. I'm not worried about wrecking or getting wrecked really, it's just stage jitters. I'll know a few people there so I won't be completely on my own, and like 40 said the first time will be the worst so I may as well get it over with now. Thanks for the encouragement goons! I'll post vids if any are taken.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

a!n posted:

Unless someone draws attention that when you wear a specific summer outfit with certain coloring and a blood moon appears the netcode in the game sucks rear end and calls it a glitch. Probably not.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Man, Sagat's fuckin' uggo

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is decapre's scramble - left or right ground pound mixup only viable online or can it actually be ambiguous? It seems like no one falls for it offline and I end up having to skip the mixup and just do it meaty in front to avoid getting punished. Landing with scramble-mp for the throw is easily beat by late teching unless I spend meter to reduce its recovery.

At this point im starting to give up on trying to make decapre viable. All of my local wins come from matchup inexperience. Once I tell them how a move works its super easy to defeat it.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Fauxtool posted:

Is decapre's scramble - left or right ground pound mixup only viable online or can it actually be ambiguous? It seems like no one falls for it offline and I end up having to skip the mixup and just do it meaty in front to avoid getting punished. Landing with scramble-mp for the throw is easily beat by late teching unless I spend meter to reduce its recovery.

At this point im starting to give up on trying to make decapre viable. All of my local wins come from match-up inexperience. Once I tell them how a move works its super easy to defeat it.
It's definitely viable offline, but against anyone who's worth a poo poo you're gonna want to use it as a fourth or fifth option when it comes to use. You bait out DP's and other unsafe stuff by faking scrambles, punish people mashing by using the divekicks, and if you're unsure if they can block it but wanna test it out, give it a MP smash fake to test them out.

Think of it on the same level as Oni's Berserker Slash mixups. If you're good enough, you can absolutely land it on even the best players, but you've got to set it up right. Really the BEST times to use the actual smash are against jump-ins and if someone is moving closer to you. Get really good at knowing the furthest distance where you can MK scramble and land a cross up HP smash.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
PC Ultra is exceptionally terrible today.

I'm buying another month of Live and waiting until December. Pretty sick of this poo poo now.

jebeebus
May 2, 2005

FF7F00 Cocos Nucifera
Morus : Passiflora Edulis
Cherimoya : Castanea
Synsepalum+(Citrus x limon)
Monstera : L. chinensis
http://youtu.be/d_3mI-hB24g?t=2m25s

http://youtu.be/C-VcKk6y0so?t=2m16s

i love seth

and all the other stupid dumb characters

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwUeVafhxY4

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Does Ultra W affect the amount of health you regain on Elenas U2?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Jack Trades posted:

Does Ultra W affect the amount of health you regain on Elenas U2?

Yeah, healing is reduced by 25% I think.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
The Decapre scramble ground pound mixup works best if you learn to time it so you don't know where it's going to land yourself. Otherwise you have to program people to gently caress up.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Out of boredom and the character identity crisis that I've been having lately I decided to try out Elena.
God drat, she's (almost) everything I wanted in a character. She's like Vega (my previous main) without gimmicks and with a bit more damage.

I get to play my favorite neutral game all day long and not even fireballs can stop me and when the opponent is scared enough into turtling I have a simple but effective low/high mix-up game.

Plus I'm loving Healing for stalling the match, it's great.

EDIT: Why can't Vega be that?

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Nov 19, 2014

Foodahn
Oct 5, 2006

Pillbug
Elena's frame trap game is much better than her high/low mixups imo.

You had better be able to prove you can combo from cr.lk, otherwise there is basically little reason to block low.

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.
The absurd block stun on Elena's slide will never not annoy me. The timing for that punish is so frustrating.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It's safe at the extreme end of it's range.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
streaming terrible decapre for anyone interested
http://www.twitch.tv/lurikeenrock

unSavory
Sep 26, 2004
fellow
This is probably a stupid post because I don't have a video to go with or anything buuuuut

I finally won a match in my local weekly! Been playing for around 3 months, entering every week and going 0-2 every time. Feels good man.

So to anyone hesitant/scared of going out to your locals, absolutely do it. It's a blast and you learn so much more getting REKT by good players than winning all day online.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

unSavory posted:

This is probably a stupid post because I don't have a video to go with or anything buuuuut

I finally won a match in my local weekly! Been playing for around 3 months, entering every week and going 0-2 every time. Feels good man.

So to anyone hesitant/scared of going out to your locals, absolutely do it. It's a blast and you learn so much more getting REKT by good players than winning all day online.

Nah I've been its just a pain in the rear end to get there and back.

Not to mention school and the chicago cold.

Grats on your win.

My firs time in I almost had it but I hosed up so bad. This cviper I was against I shoulda had em. :smith:

Next time I go I'm gonna probably wreck the first round unless I go up against top tier players.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

unSavory posted:

This can't be said often enough, playing offline with people is the best. Even if you go out early, it's an excuse to sit down and play casual sets with people.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

As Cody, what is my best "endless" blockstring that would constantly push me forward towards the opponent that I'm pushing away?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Omega mode notes on the 3s characters are out. Hugo got a dp and a parry.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Spuckuk posted:

This can't be said often enough, playing offline with people is the best. Even if you go out early, it's an excuse to sit down and play casual sets with people.

I made a friend throw his controller on the ground, gently, but he did it. So I agree.

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

I'm kinda interested in learning Seth. Anyone got bnb's / other advice with him? Not sure I quite understand the role of tanden engine in his pressure or in neutral.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

burger time posted:

I'm kinda interested in learning Seth. Anyone got bnb's / other advice with him? Not sure I quite understand the role of tanden engine in his pressure or in neutral.

you can use the EX to go through fireballs at mid range. It catches backdashes and sets up 50/50s on block. It gets blown up by jumps.

It was better when it could be cancelled into for extended block strings

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

Fauxtool posted:

you can use the EX to go through fireballs at mid range. It catches backdashes and sets up 50/50s on block. It gets blown up by jumps.

It was better when it could be cancelled into for extended block strings

Is it always plus on block? Or is it range dependent?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jebeebus
May 2, 2005

FF7F00 Cocos Nucifera
Morus : Passiflora Edulis
Cherimoya : Castanea
Synsepalum+(Citrus x limon)
Monstera : L. chinensis
^ it depends on the range, if you do it too close too far (oops) and they block it's punishable

some seth bnbs:

cr.lk, cr.lp, cr.mp xx mk lightning legs (easy hit confirm bnb, sometimes you can add in an extra cr.lp)

cr.lp, cl.hp xx hk lightning legs (more dmg)

cr.mp, cl.hp xx hk lightning legs (new for USF4, works only after tandem)

and if you land any version of lightning legs in the corner, go into his toe taps x3 + dive kick, which sets you up for another mixup

sometimes you may want to cancel into DP instead of legs, depending on the situation

Fauxtool posted:

you can use the EX to go through fireballs at mid range.

this also applies to his EX lightning legs : )

jebeebus fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Nov 22, 2014

• Locked thread