Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK
season 2 was ok

first half of 3 sucked, second half was ok

season 4 started slow but has picked up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOT SQUATS
Sep 24, 2006

How all the DJ's cut
How all the DJ's cut
Cut me a slice of your track now
There's no way the prisoners they're supposed to be handing over won't have RFID implants and constant drone surveillance over their heads for the rest of their lives.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Noirex posted:

Good episode, I honestly thought Saul was really going to blow his brains out there for a sec.

What a roller coaster ride. I was sure he'd escape, then certain he was going to kill himself, then definite that Carrie would somehow direct him through a maze of Talibanians to meet up with the SpecOps rescue team.
Then I was thinking "what a downer of an episode" until the very last scene when Mathison finally caught a break.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The first half of season 2 was fantastic. The interrogation scene was the most riveting thing I've seen on TV and it's just two people talking. I also liked the knife stab.

theghostpt
Sep 1, 2009

Mu Zeta posted:

The first half of season 2 was fantastic. The interrogation scene was the most riveting thing I've seen on TV and it's just two people talking. I also liked the knife stab.

This a million times.
The first half of season 2 is mind blowing good, do not skip it at all!

Was getting worried about this season but these last few episodes have been making up for the really weird pacing on the first episodes.
I missed how good they are at making these episodes where you're constantly waiting for everything to go to hell.

Hand of the King
May 11, 2012

Mu Zeta posted:

Remind me what the interrogation scene was again?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Hand of the King posted:

Remind me what the interrogation scene was again?

The first time we learned that Quinn is a bit unhinged *STABBING BLOOD SCREAMS*

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

How realistic is all the spy and drone technology they're using in that control room?

ShortThug
Dec 26, 2004

Yay!
It was hilarious that they could mark like 50 Taliban members with the drone but couldn't figure out which car Saul had been taken in two episodes ago.

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Baby's First Post-Apocalyptic Fiction

lightishred posted:

It's definitely less reprehensible than all the other Lockhart's we've seen.

Lockhart is somewhat different this season for two reasons. First is that he's not really a thorn in the side of our protagonists as he was before. Second is that his dialog is basically the Hillary Clinton philosophy of US/Pakistani relations so it feels recent and familiar - Lockhart was previously an outsider in the show's plots, now he's right in the middle.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

ShortThug posted:

It was hilarious that they could mark like 50 Taliban members with the drone but couldn't figure out which car Saul had been taken in two episodes ago.
I'm sure they noted that the drone could not follow ground activity at night.

I thought Lockhart was modeled on Dick Cheney not Hilary!

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Binary Logic posted:

I'm sure they noted that the drone could not follow ground activity at night.

It was midday. The three cars passed under a couple of trees and they were all 'welp, hosed if I know'.

Hand of the King
May 11, 2012

Junkenstein posted:

It was midday. The three cars passed under a couple of trees and they were all 'welp, hosed if I know'.

I thought it was due to the cars going in three separate directions and there was only one drone. The 50 dudes were all in one area and did not disperse.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Hand of the King posted:

I thought it was due to the cars going in three separate directions and there was only one drone. The 50 dudes were all in one area and did not disperse.
Yeah, the drone operator asked which one to follow.

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK

Junkenstein posted:

How realistic is all the spy and drone technology they're using in that control room?

i'm curious about this too. are drones just constantly flying around those areas?

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Hand of the King posted:

Yeah, they could only follow one car, but it didn't seem like the terrists had to do much to get them to lose track of which one Saul was in.

ShortThug
Dec 26, 2004

Yay!
Yeah it's just funny that no one bothered to think to mark which car Saul got into.

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG
At least when the actual exact same thing happened in Body of Lies they spent a couple of minutes driving in a circle in the desert, kicking up sand to hide the cars in a cloud.

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Baby's First Post-Apocalyptic Fiction
It showed them in a wooded area. I assume they knew what car Saul got in to but couldn't track it vs the others once they were in the trees.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Geno posted:

i'm curious about this too. are drones just constantly flying around those areas?

In certain parts of the country, yes.

not endorsing this source or the info just something I read a while ago:

http://www.salon.com/2013/04/09/drone_strikes_linked_to_unprecedented_psychological_trauma_in_pakistan/

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
We know we bomb the living poo poo out of your people every day without them being able to avoid it or even know they're about to die, but SWITCHING MY MEDS WASN'T FAIR DAMMIT! Only you subhumans are supposed to suffer misfortune!

I sincerely hope she dies. I hope saul gets back and shoots her!

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

redreader posted:

We know we bomb the living poo poo out of your people every day without them being able to avoid it or even know they're about to die, but SWITCHING MY MEDS WASN'T FAIR DAMMIT! Only you subhumans are supposed to suffer misfortune!

Funny you should say that, what does "your people" mean in this sentence? The ISI, Pakistanis, Muslims or the Taliban?

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Ilustforponydeath posted:

Funny you should say that, what does "your people" mean in this sentence? The ISI, Pakistanis, Muslims or the Taliban?

For the average viewer all brown people are the same

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Saul's a beast and is the only reason I watch the show anymore. If he dies I'm done.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Junkenstein posted:

Like many here, I was also wondering about that. My girlfriend works for nato and loves the show, but at the same time laughs at how unrealistic the video meetings, mobile phone protocol, etc... are.
I fear that if they can't even get that right, the more secret military stuff won't be very realistic either.
Of course you can argue about how realistic the writers want it to be in the first place.
The only realistic 'crappy windows' computer stuff I ever saw on a tv show was in the wire.
It was an other reason why I liked it.
Usually computers on tv shows are magical machines that make stupid noises with every keystroke and can enhance a security camera image up to a point where you can count people's skin pores.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Ilustforponydeath posted:

He's a member of the government. Every citizen in his country is one of his people. As the bombing of the wedding showed in episode 1, innocent citizens get bombed by the americans (in the show. of course that would never happen IRL)

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Wamsutta posted:

Saul's a beast and is the only reason I watch the show anymore. If he dies I'm done.

When he sat down by the fountain I thought that I was done with the show, having just picked it up again.

I can leave the show now knowing that Quinn will either die for Carrie or live a quiet, solitary life if he quits, but Saul and Season 1 Carrie are the best characters this show has created and one of them has already been run into the ground...

MetalFace
Jul 27, 2005
Join Us In Creating Excellence
Last three episodes have been on another level, especially this last one, wow, one of the best of the whole series.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
They just finished filming the final episode today!

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Starting season 3. I feel bad for Carrie :smith:

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I don't like this senator dick head. Throwing poo poo back in good old sauls face.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Geno posted:

season 2 was ok

first half of 3 sucked, second half was ok

season 4 started slow but has picked up

I am in the middle of season 3 and am tired of the Carrie disobeys orders meme and gets out of a van. This time she got loving shot.

Edit: I will say this is an enjoyable show and they haven't gone over top. It's hard to stay grounded.

Edit2: Ok, ghost sniper coming back and singing the Marine Corps chant was a bit much.

Edit3: Oh and the terror baby, that is a strange plot. I take back the grounded statement above. Season 1 was very, very good. Brody should've detonated the bomb.

Dirk Pitt fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Nov 22, 2014

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
All caught up for tonight's episode. DVR is set, this is a decent albeit silly show.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Wtf, no one watches this show? It owns.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
WHAT THE loving gently caress!!!??!?!

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
A TWO WEEK loving BREAK????? ARGHGHGHGH

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Holy poo poo.

I know people are going to complain about how unrealistic it is but that was awesome.

Hand of the King
May 11, 2012
I'm loving dying. This show is too good.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Ok if we could keep up with this and less Crazy Carrie fucks an asset this show would be fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
And they didn't even do a "on the next Homeland" ffffffuck. By the way, this is the only Showtime show I watch, is it common for them to show, before the episode, what the current episode is about? That's really loving dumb.

• Locked thread