Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Hellbenders is an awesome movie and an integral part of the Brown ouvre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Looks like Global Frequency is happening at Fox produced by Jerry Bruckheimer and Greg Berlanti

https://deadline.com/2014/11/global-frequency-tv-show-jerry-bruckheimer-fox-1201290569/

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's great that all the once dead superpowers properties are getting brought out now.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

Dacap posted:

Looks like Global Frequency is happening at Fox produced by Jerry Bruckheimer and Greg Berlanti

https://deadline.com/2014/11/global-frequency-tv-show-jerry-bruckheimer-fox-1201290569/

That could be good, the pilot they shot for it nearly a decade ago was.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Its a pretty easy concept for a tv show.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Also DC's new plan for TV shows seems to be "throw it at Greg Berlanti"

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Waterhaul posted:

Odd ways to spell Terry Crews.

Michael Jai White would be an awesome choice for Luke Cage as well. He's even got the whole Blaxploitation thing down too, in case they wanted to pursue a bit of that angle (they won't, but a guy can dream).

al-azad
May 28, 2009

JT Smiley posted:

I finally caught up on the Flash today and while I enjoy it I have one serious complaint. Ever single villain so far has been played by a terrible actor and it takes me right out of the episode. I'm not even sure who the worst of the bunch is. Right now it's a toss up between exploding lady and multiple dude.

And the most throwaway villain so far, Nimbus, is loving Zsasz in Gotham.

I can forgive the villains because coming off SHIELD it's nice to have actual super humans onscreen. But man, Barry is so loving dumb in combat, it's frustrating. What was he doing fighting Girder with a flagpole? How did he get a shelf pushed on him? That guy shouldn't have been able to touch him.

al-azad fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Nov 21, 2014

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

al-azad posted:

But man, Barry is so loving dumb in combat, it's frustrating.

The lightning bolt gave him abs, not combat training.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

And while they haven't said it, he seems to have difficulty activating his speed when he's injured.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Flash is always dumbed down because if he used the full potential of his abilities he's be unbeatable. But even in the context of the show, he's still learning tons of poo poo, he only just last ep broke the sound barrier.

Also tactically analyzing TV shows especially comic books shows is the most tiring and irrelevant criticism ever. Yes you'd be a much better Flash than Barry Allen but you're not and you never can be because it's not real.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

zoux posted:

Flash is always dumbed down because if he used the full potential of his abilities he's be unbeatable. But even in the context of the show, he's still learning tons of poo poo, he only just last ep broke the sound barrier.

Also tactically analyzing TV shows especially comic books shows is the most tiring and irrelevant criticism ever. Yes you'd be a much better Flash than Barry Allen but you're not and you never can be because it's not real.

I know that if I ever gained super speed I would have years of reading Flash comics knowledge so I would know what to do. :flashfact:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Also if I was Superman I'd kill the poo poo out of General Zod so eat that MoS haters :colbert:

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

zoux posted:

Also if I was Superman I'd kill the poo poo out of General Zod so eat that MoS haters :colbert:

Sure, but would you also beat Bizarro to death while crying? This is important.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'd be a really hosed up Superman probably.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

zoux posted:

I'd be a really hosed up Superman probably.

Would you at least have a Super-pope hat?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

al-azad posted:

And the most throwaway villain so far, Nimbus, is loving Zsasz in Gotham.

I can forgive the villains because coming off SHIELD it's nice to have actual super humans onscreen. But man, Barry is so loving dumb in combat, it's frustrating. What was he doing fighting Girder with a flagpole? How did he get a shelf pushed on him? That guy shouldn't have been able to touch him.

Every time Barry got slammed against the locker I said "let go of the pole." That was almost as bad as that terrible motorcycle duel scene from Arrow earlier this season.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Any news on the DMZ tv show? Or is it just at the "announced" stage?

al-azad
May 28, 2009

zoux posted:

That's not what I'm getting at. Mist and Multiplex presented a decent challenge, it's kind of hard to fight a living cloud and you can't run when everyone is holding you down. And I guess Captain Cold is alright since he just fucks with civilians to get away. But Girder was painful to watch as explained above with the loving flagpole and getting taken by surprise with a weight rack dropped on him.

I don't expect him to vibrate his hands through people's faces yet every episode ends with "HOW FAST DO I HAVE TO GO TO WIN??" *Cisco mumbles useless calculations* "REALLY REALLY FAST!" We've established episode 1 that Barry is highly intelligent and analytic. I kind of want him to fight more intelligently. Maybe do some of those useless calculations on his own.

e: I don't watch Arrow so I don't know what the crossover is going to be about but I hope Barry has no contact with his team so he can start thinking on his own.

al-azad fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Nov 21, 2014

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kingtheninja posted:

Any news on the DMZ tv show? Or is it just at the "announced" stage?

I think its been long enough that it is probably not happening.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

I think its been long enough that it is probably not happening.

I wonder if the bad press he got caused problems for it.

quote:

I don't expect him to vibrate his hands through people's faces yet every episode ends with "HOW FAST DO I HAVE TO GO TO WIN??" *Cisco mumbles useless calculations* "REALLY REALLY FAST!" We've established episode 1 that Barry is highly intelligent and analytic. I kind of want him to fight more intelligently. Maybe do some of those useless calculations on his own.

I really do not have a problem with that as he is smart, but they are different in a different way. I can see him loosing some of the support when they find out about Welles, and Barry will have to fight on his own and discover his own method. Barry on his own after having this team is a way a could see the show going.

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Nov 21, 2014

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Waterhaul posted:

Yeah I'd rather Brooklyn Nine-Nine be left alone given that it's a great show but Crews is like Downey Jr as Iron Man levels of perfect casting.

Odor-Blocking Power Man.

Luke Cage: You smell like springtime freshness.

Jessica Jones: And you smell like powe--

Luke Cage: I KNOW!

*Jessica rolls her eyes*

*Cage flexes his pecs*

*Jessica shakes her head in disgust*

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
I know that heroes without limits is DC's thing, but Flash would be better off out took just a bit of effort for him to be fast

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I hope next time he fights the mist he starts doing arm rotations really fast and blows him away like a fan.

Flash's main weakness right now in the show seems to be fatigue, and it's a good weakness. He can do an amazing super speed trick like running on water or up a building or pulling people out of a train, but as soon as he finishes he has to stop and catch his breath for a couple moments, giving his enemy an opportunity.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Does the new TV Flash needs to eat millions of calories to get energy like the '90s guy? I like that one episode where he just stopped some criminals at a buffet and immediately starts stuffing himself at super speed. Later the scientist lady (who I think is also in the new series) says he should eat more slowly.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The MSJ posted:

Does the new TV Flash needs to eat millions of calories to get energy like the '90s guy? I like that one episode where he just stopped some criminals at a buffet and immediately starts stuffing himself at super speed. Later the scientist lady (who I think is also in the new series) says he should eat more slowly.

His science buddies made a super calorie bar for him to eat. Also he learned that its impossible for him to get drunk.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

The MSJ posted:

Yeah, kinda. It was a plot point in the second episode but hasn't really been brought up since. I think he has super science calorie bars.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
They brought it up, it will be a plot point if necessary, but I doubt it will come up on a regular basis. It's basically a "James Bond never poops" kind of deal.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

e X posted:

They brought it up, it will be a plot point if necessary, but I doubt it will come up on a regular basis. It's basically a "James Bond never poops" kind of deal.

But we've see Sean Connery siting many, many times during those movies

Vincent fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Nov 22, 2014

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Eating is a miserable task for an actor because of how gross prop food can get (spit buckets exist for this reason) so I can understand why they choose to let that be something that is now assumed after referencing it once.

Throwdown
Sep 4, 2003

Here you go, dummies.
So, I am really enjoying Constantine and tonight's episode had Jim Corrigan in it, that was pretty cool...

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

ToastyPotato posted:

Eating is a miserable task for an actor because of how gross prop food can get (spit buckets exist for this reason) so I can understand why they choose to let that be something that is now assumed after referencing it once.

I really liked when they had a bunch of empty plates or donut boxes. It seemed a good compromise, and had utility as a comedic beat.

They should do more of that.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

While it doesn't necessarily mean it's dead, NBC declined to order more episodes of Constantine, and won't produce three extra scripts they ordered earlier in the season.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

zoux posted:

While it doesn't necessarily mean it's dead, NBC declined to order more episodes of Constantine, and won't produce three extra scripts they ordered earlier in the season.

Goddammit nbc.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Well, poo poo.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah, it's a bad sign, but not as bad as it once was. Plenty of shows only do 13 episode seasons these days.

It's probably a goner, though. At least Flash (hurrah!) and Gotham (I guess) are pretty much shoe-ins to be renewed.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Gaz-L posted:

Yeah, it's a bad sign, but not as bad as it once was. Plenty of shows only do 13 episode seasons these days.

It's probably a goner, though. At least Flash (hurrah!) and Gotham (I guess) are pretty much shoe-ins to be renewed.

I'd gladly sacrifice gotham for more constantine.
The show isn't amazing, but I like the guy playing john and think he nails it.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

I thought due to Hannibal returning 13 was the most it was going to get anyways. Oh well I supported the show, but not that shocked. There was going to be a couple of comic book shows killed due to the glut.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I don't blame NBC. I blame Warner for selling the show to NBC in the first place. What did they think was going to happen? Hopefully a deal can be reached elsewhere. It would be nice if someone new picked it up, like Amazon or Yahoo. Alternatively, Time Warner loving owns HBO goddamnit so this is the one time that "it should have been an HBO series" makes perfect sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.

ToastyPotato posted:

I don't blame NBC. I blame Warner for selling the show to NBC in the first place. What did they think was going to happen? Hopefully a deal can be reached elsewhere. It would be nice if someone new picked it up, like Amazon or Yahoo. Alternatively, Time Warner loving owns HBO goddamnit so this is the one time that "it should have been an HBO series" makes perfect sense.

If HBO picked up Constantine, I'd give it another shot.

Got 15 minutes into the leaked pilot and shut it off. Never looked back.