Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ASIC v Danny Bro
May 1, 2012

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
CAPTAIN KILL

Just HEAPS of dead Palestinnos for brekkie, mate!

Quantum Mechanic posted:

No this is something they brought down upon themselves, and the collective bollocking they're going to get from SDC will be glorious

SDC?

Sydney Dance Company?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Indonesia is overjoyed by Sociopath Morrison's announcement.

The Australian posted:

JAKARTA has officially warned Canberra of its “strong concern” over new restrictions on resettling refugees from Indonesia and their risk to the bilateral relationship.

Ambassador Greg Moriarty was called in to the Indonesian Foreign Ministry yesterday to hear the government’s objections to the ban announced by Immigration Minister Scott Morrison on Australia resettling any refugees from Indonesia who had registered as asylum-seekers since July 1.

The Australian Government has also reduced the annual quota of refugees for resettlement from Indonesia from 600 to 450.

Asia-Pacific division director Yuri Thamrin, “conveyed our strong concern over Australia’s unilateral policy”, a Foreign Ministry official confirmed today.

He called for Australia to return to dealing with asylum-seekers as a regional problem, through the multilateral Bali Process.

Mr Yuri was acting on the instructions of President Joko Widodo’s new Foreign Minister, Retno Marsudi.

Ms Retno earlier publicly criticised the new restrictions, which Mr Morrison said were intended to discourage asylum-seekers continuing to arrive in Indonesia in the hope of obtaining Australia resettlement visas.

Ms Retno said she had warned Julie Bishop at their G20 meeting last weekend “learn from past experiences” to follow policies “that did not impact bilateral relations of the two countries”.

This is understood to be a reference to their serious falling-out at the end of last year, over Australian spying on then president Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono and the Australians turning back boatloads of asylum-seekers to Indonesia.

“Indonesia and Australia are neighbouring countries; therefore, it is a must for us to have and maintain good bilateral relations,” she told the Jakarta Post.

Indonesia currently has about 10,500 UN-registered foreign asylum-seekers and refugees.

Despite the halting of the boatpeople traffic between Indonesia and Australia since January, UNHCR Indonesia has this year registered more than 3200 asylum seekers, mostly new arrivals from Afghanistan, Pakistan and Iraq.

Quantum Mechanic
Apr 25, 2010

Just another fuckwit who thrives on fake moral outrage.
:derp:Waaaah the Christians are out to get me:derp:

lol abbottsgonnawin

ASIC v Danny Bro posted:

SDC?

Sydney Dance Company?

Greens NSW State Delegates Council.

Quantum Mechanic fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Nov 22, 2014

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Tommofork posted:

I still chuckle each time Moriarty is mentioned. It just fits so well.

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.
Mark Scott is worth watching in the senate estimates on parlview, if you have some time. It's in environment and communications (part 3) from 20/11/2014.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Pig in the City posted:

Checking in after a long, long time.

i've been writing a bunch of stuff for SBS Comedy about auspol. most of it trash. all of it trash.
but if anyone's interested in checking it out sometime it's at:
http://www.sbs.com.au/comedy/person/backburner

[also, I'm taking a week's break soon but after that I'll be trying to actually keep up with this thread again. I tire of having real world friendships.]

Your podcast is awesome and you are awesome.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

is that young labor humour

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.
I was going to head along to the Goonmeet tonight but I've just got back from a two day work thing in Melbourne, dragged my decaying carcass through a personal training session this morning and it's at Rosalie instead of the CBD which just makes it too much effort.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

SadisTech posted:

I was going to head along to the Goonmeet tonight but I've just got back from a two day work thing in Melbourne, dragged my decaying carcass through a personal training session this morning and it's at Rosalie instead of the CBD which just makes it too much effort.

I did say if you can get to a central location i can pick people up on the way.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Isn't Paddington not that far? The place is only a 385 from King George Square and a 1km walk?

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I'm pretty sure it's impossible to walk from the CBD to Paddington without getting killed by walking on the side of an unsidewalked highway.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

I did kinda expect the trains to be running, and i dont want to move the venue in the last 2 hrs because people wont see it.

Seriously, I can fit 4.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Made this for you Anidav, sorry it's not in a high enough resolution for a poster.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Crossposting from Auspol BYOB... It's:

:siren: THE OFFICIAL 2014 AUSPOL SECRET SANTA GIFT EXCHANGE :siren:

We're going to send each other gifts this Christmas because it's a nice thing to do for people you spend the rest of the year telling to kill they are selves.

Here's how it's going to go down.

Between now and 30 November: I will collect information from everyone who wants to participate.
1 December: I will make random selections of santa and santee and email each participating goon with their gift recipient
15 December: ALL GIFTS MUST BE POSTED BY THIS DATE - THIS GIVES YOU TWO WEEKENDS TO GO SHOPPING
25 DECEMBER: EVERYONE OPENS PRESENTS AND EVERYONE IS HAPPY

I want to participate. What do I do?

Send an email to auspolsecretsanta@gmail.com with the following details:

1. What is your User ID
2. What is your email address
3. What colors do you like
4. What is your favourite food
5. Do you collect anything
6. What is your style? (i.e. country, victorian, punk, shits in the ground like an animal)
7. What is your mailing address for your package? (I, COQ, WILL KEEP THIS VERY SECURE AND DESTROY AFTER WE'RE DONE)
8. Are you willing to mail a package to Canada/America/England/Wherever Soag lives?

If you send me an email without this quiz filled in, I will send it back to you with red pen through it and tell you to do it properly.

What's the budget?
$30. As Mad Katter puts it, that should be enough to do something worthwhile.

That should about cover it. In the event of any issues, I'll consult with the dark council of Auspol elders and render judgement. If anyone fails to deliver a present, you will be named and shamed.

I think that about covers it! Happy to answer questions if they come up.

Coq au Nandos fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Nov 22, 2014

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

SKY COQ posted:

Crossposting from Auspol BYOB... It's:

:siren: THE OFFICIAL 2014 AUSPOL SECRET SANTA GIFT EXCHANGE :siren:

We're going to send each other gifts this Christmas because it's a nice thing to do for people you spend the rest of the year telling to kill they are selves.

Here's how it's going to go down.

Between now and 30 November: I will collect information from everyone who wants to participate.
1 December: I will make random selections of santa and santee and email each participating goon with their gift recipient
15 December: ALL GIFTS MUST BE POSTED BY THIS DATE - THIS GIVES YOU TWO WEEKENDS TO GO SHOPPING
25 DECEMBER: EVERYONE OPENS PRESENTS AND EVERYONE IS HAPPY

I want to participate. What do I do?

Send an email to auspolsecretsanta@gmail.com with the following details:

1. What is your User ID
2. What is your email address
3. What colors do you like
4. What is your favourite food
5. Do you collect anything
6. What is your style? (i.e. country, victorian, punk, shits in the ground like an animal)
7. What is your mailing address for your package? (I, COQ, WILL KEEP THIS VERY SECURE AND DESTROY AFTER WE'RE DONE)

If you send me an email without this quiz filled in, I will send it back to you with red pen through it and tell you to do it properly.

That should about cover it. In the event of any issues, I'll consult with the dark council of Auspol elders and render judgement. If anyone fails to deliver a present, you will be named and shamed.

I think that about covers it! Happy to answer questions if they come up.

I can see the headlines "ASIO and Federal Police finally get break into Left Wing nutcase group thanks to Secret Santa"

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Argh, my girlfriend kidnapped me to eat with her instead, cya next month goons.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Anidav posted:

I told you bout them splits.

bix, shadeosis, Crows and infiltrator are here.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Wait. girlfriend, bring her.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

That would be a huge mistake.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Anidav posted:

That would be a huge mistake.

If you got tired you could just lie under the table, put your head on her, and go to sleep.

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013
Did she tell you it was a mistake? Did she tell you that you have to have dinner with her only after you told her about the goon meet? Andav, this one is important. Has she ever asked you to help her out with some unpaid labour?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

No it's been hot as gently caress all day and we both want to wonder around while it's cooler and pick up some ballin' food somewhere but maybe not near goons.

EDIT: Also she only goes to nerdy-like meetups if there's Mario Kart but there isn't unless this is the best Indian in the world with a built in arcade or some poo poo.

Anidav fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Nov 22, 2014

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
Our train came in late and our bus left early so we're walking from Roma St I guess! We're just near office works on Milton rd

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Anidav posted:

No it's been hot as gently caress all day and we both want to wonder around while it's cooler and pick up some ballin' food somewhere but maybe not near goons.

EDIT: Also she only goes to nerdy-like meetups if there's Mario Kart but there isn't unless this is the best Indian in the world with a built in arcade or some poo poo.

It's pretty good.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

11 goons eating Indian.

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

After watching 4 hours of senate estimates today, Mark Scott spent 3 hours making GBS threads on the oz and Janet Albrechtson and one hour repeating the same answers to the same 4 questions.

Also brisgoonmeet photos woot

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Kommando posted:

11 goons eating Indian.

What is the worlds sweatiest situation.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

Tommofork posted:

It's strange because I could swear when this new policy was announced it was also reported that Indonesia had been informed of the policy change and were 100% on board with the policy. Is this a lie?

That goon meet sounds awesome by the way, aside from the state you're all in. You all have my condolences. I assume the night ends with some kind of suicide pact? Get out of Queensland before Christmas or die.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

news from goonmeet : CrazyTolradi is not on the electoral roll.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Kommando posted:

news from goonmeet : CrazyTolradi is not on the electoral roll.

So goons started hanging out with underage goons? This can't end well.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Kommando posted:

11 goons eating Indian.

No, duck, with a d.

nockturne
Aug 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Anidav posted:

Wait wait wait...Anidav is a real person? He's not just some running fictional example of bad and/or illegal workplace practices? He's not an account being run by someone at Fair Work Australia to practice writing examples for their brochures?

"Anidav is asked to come in for a trial. He works for two hours and is told that he will be called back if he is required. He is not paid for this work. This is illegal. He should contact the ombudsman..." etc etc.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein

Kommando posted:

11 goons eating Indian.

Vicious and lawless association.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I am not fiction, I am the Queensland struggle.

RC Bandit
Sep 7, 2012

Hanson: It's Time

Grimey Drawer

Anidav posted:

I am not fiction, I am the Queensland struggle.
You should really struggle your way out of Queensland man.

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Hey Anidav I leave Brisbane next Saturday and am only using 1 of 2 allowed baggage pieces, we can probably tape you up into some kind of suitcase if you want out.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

But I-I have a life here, goons. I can't leave, not yet.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Anidav posted:

But I-I have a life here, goons. I can't leave, not yet.

Why don't you take a look at your Queensland? Then you will see exactly what life is worth when all the rest is gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

goonmeet is winding up.

tolradi is about 30.

goons ruin everything.

• Locked thread