Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I said earlier in this thread that Orbital Gate Assault is the coolest stage but I retract that.

The right answer is Gamer.

e: But only with the "Gamer" music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Yeah, Gamer is pretty spectacular.

davey4283
Aug 14, 2006
Fallen Rib
Whats the best technique for home run mode?

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

davey4283 posted:

Whats the best technique for home run mode?

Just use smashes on the thing as much as possible, up to around 70% if you can, and add in a regular down or up attack to fill in the gaps. Hit the thing on the last second, you'll have a bit more time than it says

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
So what has everyone been nicknaming their amiibo? I've got Killager, Keeby (yellow Kirby), Durk (dark Link), and Fitoo.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

jivjov posted:

So what has everyone been nicknaming their amiibo? I've got Killager, Keeby (yellow Kirby), Durk (dark Link), and Fitoo.

Mario, Mario, Mario, and Mario :geno:

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Weakest (Link).

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

While i'm slightly disappointed that Smash Tour isn't EXACTLY like Mario Party but Smash, i enjoy it way more than i ever enjoyed Smash Run so i love the hell out of it since at least there is more than 1 fight for the entire time.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I kinda wish we had more retro stages but the one's here have been touched up nicely. I guess there's still 52M though. Overall pretty happy with the stage selection this time around.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I dug out my roommate's old Wii pro controller to plug into a wiimote and it's way more responsive than the WiiU pro controller. I don't know what they did different on the hardware end but the stick on the WiiU one is complete dogshit, but the Wii one works fine and has the c-stick in the right place.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Reiley posted:

I dug out my roommate's old Wii pro controller to plug into a wiimote and it's way more responsive than the WiiU pro controller. I don't know what they did different on the hardware end but the stick on the WiiU one is complete dogshit, but the Wii one works fine and has the c-stick in the right place.

just use the gamecube controller?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Reiley posted:

Responsive in what way?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

jivjov posted:

Misfit the Wii Fit Trainer.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

TheKingofSprings posted:

Note: If you plan to play Shulk, Luigi, Lucina, Marth, Ike, or Dr. Mario do not turn tap jump off.

You can Up-B out of your shield and it's fairly useful for all of them.

This actually depends on your controller. With the Pro, it's really easy to Up-B out of shield even with tap jump off. You just roll your thumb from X/Y to B, while tilting up. I don't even have Y mapped to jump, and I can still do it easily with X->B.

It just doesn't work as well on the GC controller due to the layout.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Austrian mook posted:

just use the gamecube controller?

I'm waiting for Best Buy to mail my adapter next week......

DoctorWhat posted:

Responsive in what way?

The WiiU controller choked on rapid directional movement changes and there is a gap in the middle where it won't respond to directional inputs at all. I don't know if it's just the one I had was a dud but I can actually move and Quick Attack in two directions with this older controller. The WiiU one is sluggish if you're pushing it around too quickly.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Reiley posted:

I'm waiting for Best Buy to mail my adapter next week......

Didn't you pre-order it?

DapperDuck
Apr 3, 2008

Fashionable people,
you're out of luck.
The most dapper one here,
is Dapper the Duck.
If you aren't playing online with goons, you are missing out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKe5gB7POnU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGSN3JQhQn0

It's a pity that the taunt phrases and player names don't show up in the replay mode.

If I only post videos of myself playing as Toon Link, no one will ever know how garbage I am at other characters...!

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Austrian mook posted:

Didn't you pre-order it?

I was a fool and thought I could just leave the game cube in the past and embrace the future.....

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Oh I guess I should post my NNID for the thread's list. Shockingly it's SupercarGautier.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I think the new soundtrack is really good

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
How do you get good at timing Smash attacks

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Pegged Lamb posted:

How do you get good at timing Smash attacks

let go of the C-stick when you're going to hit them.

E: Or whatever else if you forgot to pre-order an adapter.

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

I don't think Smash Tour is that bad, my friends and I had fun with it, but its not super fleshed out and feels kinda phoned in. Only 3 map sizes is lame.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

A cool drat horse posted:

I don't think Smash Tour is that bad, my friends and I had fun with it, but its not super fleshed out and feels kinda phoned in. Only 3 map sizes is lame.

It's amazing how consistently there is both too much and too little happening in that game.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Austrian mook posted:

I think the new soundtrack is really good
Man I am so loving glad Conquest (Ablaze) is in this game

It's sort of the "welcome to Fire Emblem" song to me

The soundtrack owns (even if not all the remixes do), the song selection this time was top notch

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Reiley posted:

The WiiU controller choked on rapid directional movement changes and there is a gap in the middle where it won't respond to directional inputs at all. I don't know if it's just the one I had was a dud but I can actually move and Quick Attack in two directions with this older controller. The WiiU one is sluggish if you're pushing it around too quickly.

Mine does not have that problem. Yours might seriously be a dud.

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer
NNID = TurboChickenMan

I won't be able to afford the game until next month, though...

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

My amiibo will be named King Dedede because he's already perfect :colbert:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
8-player Smash is loving chaotic, holy crap. Not the best way to try out new characters, either.

Also, what the hell.

NNID: Mega64.0

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
You can send friend requests to bros on With Anyone For Glory and report edgecamping spamming fucktards.

What? This is kind of a big thing and it wasn't on the 50 fact list?

How I dream for hatemail.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I get so disenhearted and when I play classic mode. Whenever I face master and crazy hand, it's never an easy feat. I can mop up the floor with everyone on any intensity, but those loving hands, man.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

noirstronaut posted:

I get so disenhearted and when I play classic mode. Whenever I face master and crazy hand, it's never an easy feat. I can mop up the floor with everyone on any intensity, but those loving hands, man.

I don't like classic too much since it seems like I get nothing but wacky rear end 8 player battles which are fun in small doses but it usually just feels like I'm flailing wildly at tiny fighters trying to hit them at random

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Anyone fight Master Fortress yet?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

jivjov posted:

Kirbybo and Yoshiibo

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Is Mewtwo not yet confirmed for America?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
He's confirmed worldwide.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

greatn posted:

He's confirmed worldwide.

Oh, he's not "out" until spring. drat. I only bought this game to watch Mewtwo do the levijump in HD.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

g0lbez posted:

I don't like classic too much since it seems like I get nothing but wacky rear end 8 player battles which are fun in small doses but it usually just feels like I'm flailing wildly at tiny fighters trying to hit them at random

I do kinda miss the classic Classic mode, where it's a mix of one-on-ones, crazy themed battles and special stages. That's classic single-player Smash to me. This one is fine, too, but I wouldn't call it Classic. It feels like a silly chaotic mess for six stages and then a stressful boss fight.

e: I'm also salty about Brawl getting rid of the goofy end-of-round bonuses, what the gently caress Sakurai!

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I wonder how many people with lag issues are like, downloading torrents and poo poo while playing. I had one match with bad lag so far and when I finished, I realized my phone was downloading its podcasts for the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seph
Jul 12, 2004

Please look at this photo every time you support or defend war crimes. Thank you.

DapperDuck posted:

If you aren't playing online with goons, you are missing out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKe5gB7POnU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGSN3JQhQn0

It's a pity that the taunt phrases and player names don't show up in the replay mode.

If I only post videos of myself playing as Toon Link, no one will ever know how garbage I am at other characters...!

Pink Captain Falcon :allears:

• Locked thread