Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

TNA sent me to the ER (and refused to help cover any costs)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

My 600£ Company

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ok, which one of you is Nome De Plume, that's just getting mean.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

coconono posted:

ok, which one of you is Nome De Plume, that's just getting mean.

Nom de plume tears off his mask: BAH GAWD MAGGLE IT WUZ MELTZER ALL ALAHWNG!

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Blasmeister posted:

Look forward to the TNA/Sex Sent Me To The ER crossover

Bram's new angle is that he LITERALLY fucks Janice and gets sent to the Sex ER.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

I see. So she's stupid like a fox. It all makes sense now.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Daniel Bryan posted:

More TNAMecca gems from today

The only place I've heard about this DA/TNA story is here. In PSP. If you guys weren't discussing it, I never would have heard about it. I've seen ZERO mention of it anywhere else.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Davros1 posted:

The only place I've heard about this DA/TNA story is here. In PSP. If you guys weren't discussing it, I never would have heard about it. I've seen ZERO mention of it anywhere else.

The funniest part is that literally earlier that day WWE got equivalent trade publication coverage for signing a loving DVD distribution agreement.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

This whole discussion thread is full of Chris Regal making some asinine points. I don't feel like capping it all.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
TNA fans truly don't realize that advertisers won't pay top dollar to advertise on a show that can't even monetize their own audience. For example, UFC never got as big of ratings as Raw, but advertisers drat well knew that that audience were spending money on the payperviews. This makes UFC lucrative for advertisers. TNA gets 5000 people ordering their ppvs and house show attendance is abysmal. Advertisers will note this sort of thing.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

CopywrightMMXI posted:

TNA fans truly don't realize that advertisers won't pay top dollar to advertise on a show that can't even monetize their own audience. For example, UFC never got as big of ratings as Raw, but advertisers drat well knew that that audience were spending money on the payperviews. This makes UFC lucrative for advertisers. TNA gets 5000 people ordering their ppvs and house show attendance is abysmal. Advertisers will note this sort of thing.

I don't think advertisers really care how many PPVs people are buying, they probably just don't want to be associated with dumb hillbilly stuff like pro wrestling.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

triplexpac posted:

I don't think advertisers really care how many PPVs people are buying, they probably just don't want to be associated with dumb hillbilly stuff like pro wrestling.

One of pro wrestling's biggest stigmas is that their fans are perceived as (among other things) very poor. The other things probably hurt it too, but advertisers would flock to get into the pockets of hillbillies if they felt those hillbillies had lots of money to throw around.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

triplexpac posted:

They absolutely do care that the property they're selling their product on inspires people to buy stuff. If TNA can't sell their OWN product, how are they going to sell Slap Chops or whatever advertisers they get on Impact?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Great White Hope posted:

One of pro wrestling's biggest stigmas is that their fans are perceived as (among other things) very poor. The other things probably hurt it too, but advertisers would flock to get into the pockets of hillbillies if they felt those hillbillies had lots of money to throw around.

I'm not sure that's true, considering WWF got next to zero big advertisers during the Attitude Era. They were one of the hottest things on TV, and lots of people were buying the PPVs (for the time). Even still they were sponsored by like Nestle Crunch and Supersoaker.

Like you think a company like Bud would be dying to be associated with Stone Cold Steve Austin at the height of his popularity, he was bigger than 99% of the guys UFC has ever had. Yet they still get bigger sponsors.

Edit: Big name advertisers buy ads on all sorts of stuff like NFL and Duck Dynasty or whatever, they don't sell PPVs. I'm not sure what selling PPVs has to do with selling ad time.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

triplexpac posted:

Edit: Big name advertisers buy ads on all sorts of stuff like NFL and Duck Dynasty or whatever, they don't sell PPVs. I'm not sure what selling PPVs has to do with selling ad time.

NFL and Duck Dynasty both move merch and both have viewership in the multimillions. They've proven their ability to a) draw a LOT of eyes to their product and b) sell things to them. TNA does a mediocre job of a) and a terrible job of b). An ability to sell PPV's shows both, but a lack of PPV's can be excused if they draw people - specifically people willing to pay for things - to their product in other ways, if that makes sense.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

TheJoker138 posted:

TNAs reality show to be shot all by film students working for "exposure" and "material for their reels."

I'm pretty sure that's what the TNA roster actually wrestles for.

This cage match will look great on my CV.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

This whole discussion thread is full of Chris Regal making some asinine points. I don't feel like capping it all.

can't wait till it comes out how much less tna is being paid. im sure this asshat will defend it with "but we will get a weekly special on discovery channel i swear!"

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

WeaponX posted:

can't wait till it comes out how much less tna is being paid. im sure this asshat will defend it with "but we will get a weekly special on discovery channel i swear!"

I don't know if there will ever be a number put out that TNA fans will believe. Like, Discovery / TNA wouldn't put out a press release with the number would they? So the only info we're going to get is from Meltzer or some other dirtsheet guy, and the faithful will just say they're haters making up numbers.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Well Meltzer doesn't name his sources so how accurate can he be?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
We'll know at least the ballpark when we see how much and which talent is being used, plus what production is like for the show. Maybe the LED curtain will return.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Great White Hope posted:

This is pretty much how ICP became rich. They realized that poor hillbillies don't have much cash, but they also tend to spend whatever cash they have in really stupid ways.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
The big thing is wrestling shows don't get car ads, which are your major prime time buys- the assumption being that while the lower income demo will spend money on PPVs and toys and Just For Men they don't have enough to put a down payment on a new car.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Don't leave Dixieland or you are dead to these people

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

how is that what triggers them turning on Bully, using a photo? especially considering the subtle burials he's been doing for the last week

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

epitasis posted:

how is that what triggers them turning on Bully, using a photo? especially considering the subtle burials he's been doing for the last week

Because you'd have to be above absolute retard to read into the simple tweets

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
At this point I'm not convinced the entire board isn't just trolling itself to see how far they can go before someone calls them on it.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I've met some conspiracy theorists that aren't as convinced of The Truth as these people.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Ah yes, but what happens when only 300 people show up?

And WillE1225 actually says something sensible:

And you just can't have that.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
There's some people real mad about Survivor Series writing in to Big Dave.

quote:

Regarding Survivor Series tonight, I'm conflicted between wanting my "$.9.99" back from the Network, or the 3 hrs of time back for wasting it on this crap fest. I could have done much better things tonight and more fun, like maybe a root canal or something, lol! Not even The Old Balding Man They Call Sting could save the show, although it may have been a cool surprise if it had not been leaked out everywhere except my local news that he would be there, but Ya, Um, Big thumbs down with no best match of the night, they all equally sucked. I would give a review of the matches, but already wasted 3 hrs of my life on the PPV, just want to erase it from my memory already.

quote:

Hello Dave,

I don't know what you think but this survivor series bought back thoughts of them canceling the concept from a few years ago in my eyes.

I enjoyed the tag match and then it just went downhill. Whoever booked that divas match to go forever should be fired as it was by far and away the worst match I've ever seen on ppv.

Dean Ambrose and Bray Wyatt was horrible also and made me miss the days when both were relevant.

I'm saddened that what could have been AJ Lees final day in the company ended that way and I'm wondering if Brie Bella is a heel or just forgot that she is supposed to hate her sister.

Roman Reigns looked ok for his interview and I'm guessing it was pretaped earlier in the day.

I could've did without the Adam Rose match.

The main event seemed very lackluster to me as wwe squashed most of the guys in this match for months to make me care about any of them now. Some push for ryback or mark Henry being the first guys in there teams eliminated and so early in the match also. It was an awesome performance by ziggler and well I guess we are getting Sting vs HHH at wrestlemania. Which means Undertaker is done.

This show was supposed to get people to subscribe to the network but it didn't do the trick for me

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
A response to my comment that Jeff Jarrett was not the reason NJPW got that 13 episode TV Deal

quote:

Yes, a Japanese company that is part of Global Force Wrestling getting an American TV deal has nothing to do with GFW...

Same person also said this when people were wondering how Jarrett was able to get NJPW that TV Deal

quote:

He's the son of a highly successful promoter! They're good at sweetalking TV folk!

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
If that Divas elimination tag was far and away the worst match that person has ever seen on PPV, they haven't seen many PPVs.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Are any of the TNA true believers making GBS threads on Sting now?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

TL posted:

Are any of the TNA true believers making GBS threads on Sting now?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Yeah take that VKM! TNA is sure showing you

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

quote:

the conspiracy theorist in me is coming to the forefront

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
As though it hadn't already been there for a very long time.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Mods, I'm willing to take WWE NetWorth or the WWE Welfare Zone.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

Mods, I'm willing to take WWE NetWorth or the WWE Welfare Zone.

Also my friend is black and gay

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

It takes some huge balls as a tna apologist to start casting stones at WWE for not being able to sell ppvs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I like the idea that TNA has Vince scared now.