Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Silver Striker posted:

Well my friends guild denied me because despite having years of raid experience in every expansion besides mists and achievements to prove it I don't have mists logs. Insanely cool.

Epilogue: my "friends" that I have known IRL since high school (10 years) severed me because I wasn't able to join their guild. I'm serious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I have the extremely unfortunate ability to only meet absolutely insane people.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

How did they sever?

Dec 26, 2012

Silver Striker posted:

Epilogue: my "friends" that I have known IRL since high school (10 years) severed me because I wasn't able to join their guild. I'm serious.

good riddance

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Sir John Feelgood posted:

How did they sever?

I don't really know how else to describe it but they basically just cut all communication with me. This happened completely out of the blue.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

This happened to me in the past as well, but that was because I didn't think PS3 game "The Last Of Us" was the greatest game ever created in the history of humanity.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

If you are alliance you are always welcome on the server of champions, Mannoroth.

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009

Silver Striker posted:

This happened to me in the past as well, but that was because I didn't think PS3 game "The Last Of Us" was the greatest game ever created in the history of humanity.

Happened to me, for not liking Dangan Ronpa.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Silver Striker posted:

lmao g'drat

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

They harassed me for about a year afterwards for not wanting to gently caress Ellie.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I really wish I was joking.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

I'm sorry for your mentally ill friends

Dec 26, 2012

get better friends dude. jesus

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
I will be your friend.

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
i am a Walrod of Draenor

bonermobile
Sep 20, 2010

Silver Striker posted:

Silver Striker posted:

Silver Striker posted:

They harassed me for about a year afterwards for not wanting to gently caress Ellie.

waht the hell dude why were you friends with these ppl

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
my guess he was put in a special school, like me. the bonds you make with people in a room where everyone is teen aged and 3/4ths of you have been in a mental hospital know no bounds.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Silver Striker posted:

The world is even more bizarre than I thought.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Silver Striker posted:

lmao... what the hell.

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
is one of them named derek?

Captain No-mates
Apr 3, 2010

what are the best options for your garrison while you're leveling? also are the mounts from the stable cool?

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
That's all pretty hosed up Striker.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Silver Striker posted:

This un-ironically owns and is also terrible at the same time.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Thread is proving why WoW players have fallen into the same nerd caste as bronies.

The resource and skill caps behind daily lockouts is stupid as hell. If they wanted to make it fun they should have endless resource dungeons where you smash enemies and get the resources you want out of the enemies like rifts in diablo 3.

Like gathering poo poo in the field is fine, but there should come a point where if you want crafting stuff the materials should come down on you like rain. Not only is smashing stuff fun just for the hell of it you'll be able to make poo poo afterwards.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Nov 22, 2014

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

Yeah I logged in to check out the anniversary stuff, didn't realize you needed to be level 100 with a 615 level gearscore. I'm still debating if I want to go through the effort of just doing the draenor content just for the Molten Core event. Because I feel like the magic is no longer there. It's going to be around until January 5th so I figure I have time. I think I might be leaning towards just letting my account expire. Because I'm looking at the sheer amount of hurdles I need to jump through just to get to where I want, and it's like no too much work.

I mean there' an achievement for the Drakes which you need both the burning Drake from Deathwing and the Onyxians drake which is less than 1% drop. That's poo poo that nobody in their sane mind could do unless they're incredibly lucky with RNG.

Yeah I would buy the expansion and hop on to get the corehound in case I ever come back to WoW, but I'm busy now and I have no desire to rush through a leveling and gear up and slog through what sounds like The Worst LFR Ever. Leveling through new content is my favorite part of WoW anyway so ruining that experience because I have zero free time but want a mount sounds stupid.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

What the gently caress is a "nerd caste."

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Seems your taint got reaped.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

The Taint Reaper posted:

Thread is proving why WoW players have fallen into the same nerd caste as bronies.

The resource and skill caps behind daily lockouts is stupid as hell. If they wanted to make it fun they should have endless resource dungeons where you smash enemies and get the resources you want out of the enemies like rifts in diablo 3.

Like gathering poo poo in the field is fine, but there should come a point where if you want crafting stuff the materials should come down on you like rain. Not only is smashing stuff fun just for the hell of it you'll be able to make poo poo afterwards.

The Taint Reaper hosed around with this message at Nov 22, 2014 around 20:56

Dec 26, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

those who do their dharma in life but do it in the whiniest dumbest way possible to eke out a barely sufficient amount of karma will be reincarnated into the nerd caste in the next life

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Silver Striker posted:

lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Pewdiepie posted:

The Taint Reaper hosed around with this message at Nov 22, 2014 around 20:56

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

the level 3 Horde garrison doesn't look as cool as it did in the original trailer, imo.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

the Horde garrison doesn't look cool

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

What the... *thinking* Did I really say that...?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

What the... *thinking* Did I really say that...?

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Lumpy the Cook posted:

the level 3 Horde garrison doesn't look as cool as it did in the original trailer, imo.

Looks better than the Alliance garrison.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.

Shadowlyger posted:

Looks better than the Alliance garrison.

Hmmm yes red cloth and jagged steel in an ugly rear end wasteland, what a better deal than Walt Disney's castle by the sea

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
sounds like someone needs to be schooled in the art of grim

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

The iron horde got all the grim so the horde garrison has to try extra hard to look like one of the good ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Have you tried playing the game with Radar Rider playing (from the 1980's cult film Heavy Metal)

That makes it look better imo

• Locked thread